Crysis - $40 Plus $10 Gift Card at Circuit City

So Wednesday is when I should try for this at CircuitCity ? You can't pre-order from CircitCity on this deal can you ?

I bought a 360 elite from CC a couple months ago and received a free Gamers Savings Club membership. The website www.circuitcity.com/gamers doesn't work for me to activate it. I'd like to straighten this out so I can buy Crysis 10% off at $35.99 and then use the $10 gift card and 10% off for COD4 at $25.99. Hopefully this Gamers Savings Club isn't a sham.

I believe the correct web address is http://www.ccitygamers.com/gamer/circuitcity/index.shtml sounds interesting, might have to give it a go!

it will properly be sold out like always every time they have a sale on games @ cc they tell me its ether sold out(even tho somitime i go there @ noon or 2pm),they had only 2 copies or it got delayed till next week,just like the orange box,gears of war call of duty to name a few,and am sick of it(damn those cheap prices) good thing theres a best buy next to it that will honor it with no proplems :)

I concur. Happened to me twice. Once for Battlefield 2 and again for Bioshock. I tried to go in for Bioshock 360 the first day when I saw an ad in the paper for $50. Sure enough they were sold out, and no sign of any display or even an employee who was willing to help (I went around the video games aisle about 10 minutes before finding the empty shelf). I just went to Best Buy and they pricematched from the advertisement. Hate to say it, but it seems like a better setup at BB than CC these days. If they're sold out, I'd try to get a price match.

Are you sure you get the gift card at the time of purchase as opposed to one you get in the mail 4-6 weeks later?

Are you sure you get the gift card at the time of purchase as opposed to one you get in the mail 4-6 weeks later?

Actually I'm not sure, (the ad doesn't say) but I would assume you get it right there in the store. (at least, I hope so...)

Does the limited edition of crysis also experience this deal as well? In small print to the left of the normal edition of crises it says 49.99 for the limited but I wanted to make sure that this is because of the same deal + the gift card that the regular edition of crysis will have.
Can anyone confirm this?

i just called my local CC in Orange, CA. the girl i spoke with in the games dept sounded kinda new, but she said that the game will be on sale Wednesday 11/14/07. i asked if they had the game in stock already or if it was being shipped in tomorrow, she said she didnt know, but it's possible they already have it. I also asked about the price & gift card, she said it "probably" is $39.99 PLUS a gift card. sorry i didn't ask about the collector's edition. anyway, the ad says the CE is $49, no mention of a gift card. so i'm guessing that the regular edition has to be $39.99 before the gift card, cuz it couldn't be $49.99 then the $10 GC.

Its on their website now as $50. So I'm pretty sure its $50 before the gift card. All the other new releases they had was $40 on the web site when the sale was on.
The game is essentially $40 after they make you buy something else on the next trip. The game is gonna be so hot, I don't think they need to do $40 and give you a gift card also.

Website != B&M

Not sure why it's so hard to grasp that its actually $39.99 in-store and they throw in a $10 GC. It's called a promotion. They do this to get people in the stores and hopefully buying other stuff. That and they know a majority of the GC's will go unused anyways.

Not sure why it's so hard to grasp that its actually $39.99 in-store and they throw in a $10 GC.

Maybe its because I've brought a few new release games from them recently (MOH:Airborne, ETQW, Orange Box, HGL), I paid online (same price) and pick up in store?

Well, you shouldn't be so negative by saying: "Oh, is $50 online, it has to be $50 in-store as well". Believe it or not, most of the time the prices they show online don't match the ones in the actual store. I'm not talking about CC here, but about BB, but I'm pretty sure other retail stores experience this as well. Also, they seem to have better deals in-store compare to online, as said before, maybe knowing that if you buy something you will be tempted to buy something else along with that.
As for me, I'll be calling them tomorrow morning to check if they have them in-stock. I sooo wanna play this game is not even funny. The Beta/Demo were just superb. I think I might grab World in Conflict with that if they allow to use it in the same day. If not, w/e, I'll just buy it on Black Friday.

anyone got a link to their ad? odds are most of us will have to pricematch at bestbuy

anyone got a link to their ad? odds are most of us will have to pricematch at bestbuy
Dude, what the hell, did you even care to check the first post?

:pJK, is in the first post. If you are too lazy to hit "1" in this window, HERE it is.

not available until fri at any of my cc's! what gives?

but it could be coz it's not on sale until 2pm

I called a few CC's in the Indianapolis area, and all of them are saying it is not going to be there till Friday. I would be very pissed if they got them in today, but was sold out by Friday.

As well, I went ahead and called them today. It's not out yet. I guess we'll have to wait a little more until friday.

Guys,

It will be out by 2pm. They are not allowed (by law) to tell you that they have it in store before then. Even if it's not on the shelves by 2pm, ask the clerk or mgr to check it in the back. They've already received shipment and can't place it on the shelf until 2pm. Best of luck. I'm going at 2pm and will let you know what I find out.

Guys,

It will be out by 2pm. They are not allowed (by law) to tell you that they have it in store before then. Even if it's not on the shelves by 2pm, ask the clerk or mgr to check it in the back. They've already received shipment and can't place it on the shelf until 2pm. Best of luck. I'm going at 2pm and will let you know what I find out.

Official release date: November 16, 2007...

http://www.crysis-online.com/?id=359

i just picked up my copy of crysis at cc.They opened up the box for me since i was at lunch. It is 49.99 + the 10 gift card, not 39.99 + 10 gift card. I know, total bs. O well it will be worth it i guess/

heh well then i retract my previous comments. :eek:

that also means no sale for me, at least from CC. wasn't planning on playing it til I get a new rig anyways.

i just picked up my copy of crysis at cc.They opened up the box for me since i was at lunch. It is 49.99 + the 10 gift card, not 39.99 + 10 gift card. I know, total bs. O well it will be worth it i guess/

Th3 5uck! :mad: Very misleading ad...

I guess I'll hit my local GameStop instead of driving 40 miles to CC.

Thats what my cashier did, charged me $50. But then I showed him the ad and he changed it to $40 + $10 gift card :D

Don't take any BS at CC about this. This game is $40 and comes with a $10 gift card. The wording in the ad is unambiguous ("**Gift card good for FUTURE purchases.") and seeing anything else in-store simply means that CC is a disorganized mess (and they all seem to be).

Just pick up the ad when you walk into the store. Thats exactly what I did and they honored it.

Didn't even have to ask, they were unboxing them at the CSR desk when I walked in.

$39.99 and a $10 card. No hassle, no fuss.

I just got back from CC. Ended up paying $31.49 after taxes. After about 20 minutes of trying to get the gift card to work, she just took another 10 off. Best deal I have ever gotten on a Video game!

What the hell. All of my closest CCs do not have the game (all SIX of them), or at least they all told me. All they had was the pre-order box on the shelves. One gave me hope by saying that a new shipment came in today and looked in the back, but returned with nothing... I should try again @ 2pm? Its ~1:15pm right now.

What the hell. All of my closest CCs do not have the game (all SIX of them), or at least they all told me. All they had was the pre-order box on the shelves. One gave me hope by saying that a new shipment came in today and looked in the back, but returned with nothing... I should try again @ 2pm? Its ~1:15pm right now.

Yeah, the store I was at wouldn't even start looking for it until 2:00... then they tried to charge me $39.99 + $10.00 for the GC... The CSR said that the GC wasn't free, but it works out to $39.99 after the card. I (calmly) explained that's not what the ad says. Got the game and the GC for $39.99.

My store wouldnt sell me the game. But they did allow me to preorder it at 40$ and they confirmed that the GC is part of the bundle. Unfortunately, they wouldnt let me use the GC now to get 10$ off hellgate london. So I bought hellgate, and I guess ill go back friday to pick up Crysis and the GC.

I went to one around 12:30 and they didn't have any on the floor. They had them in a cage behind the service desk. Then they tried to charge me full price, but the ad was there so I showed the girl and got the advertised deal. The Fire Plug guys didn't even know it was out yet.

Just picked it up. Had to pay $49 and I got a $10 GC.

I wasn't so lucky - still a good deal.

Just picked it up. Had to pay $49 and I got a $10 GC.

I wasn't so lucky - still a good deal.

Ditto, I showed exactly in the ad where it states but no go.

Oh well, better $50 bucks there and a GC than $50 anywhere else.

well here's how it worked out for me:

Purchased Crysis and got the $10 giftcard. Noticed the receipt said $39.99 for Crysis but somehow it later charged me $49.99.
Took the receipt back and they credited me the difference.
Call of Duty 4: Out of stock all week so far at local Circuit City. Printed out the In Stock at nearby Circuit City locations and the price ($40) and the local Best Buy matched it.

So $80 spent and a $10 Circuit City giftcard in hand. Successful day overall. Installing CoD4 now, Crysis can wait. :D

Don't take any BS at CC about this. This game is $40 and comes with a $10 gift card. The wording in the ad is unambiguous ("**Gift card good for FUTURE purchases.") and seeing anything else in-store simply means that CC is a disorganized mess (and they all seem to be).

Which ad are you referring to?

I just checked CC online and it says $49.99 and Free $10 gift card.

Thanks

Back