new Samsung 2253BW! check it out!

j0j081

Gawd
Just spotted the 2253BW on Samsung's website.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...ubtype=lcd&model_cd=LS22AQWJFV/XAA&fullspec=F

It looks kind of like the 226bw but has a new 8000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (1000:1 actual, opposed to 700).

This is also the first 22 inch TN to have 1:1 pixel mapping.

This is the official replacement of the 226bw.

Now available on newegg!

Update here is a new better translated review.

http://translate.google.com/transla...eview&start=40&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*&sa=N

this also an new model with similar spec the '2243BWX" but the design is better i think, any information when they will be available.

This is very interesting and I hope somebody posts info as soon as it is out. I wonder where it will be sold.

Has Samsung lost their mind?

220TN
220WM
2220WM
2232BW
2232GW
2243BWX
2253BW
225BW
225UW
226BW
226CW
2280HD

How many more 22" models do we need? I can't even keep track of what's what anymore.

As long as it's a nice monitor they could call it the 226324252xgbw for all I care. :p

Has Samsung lost their mind?

220TN
220WM
2220WM
2232BW
2232GW
2243BWX
2253BW
225BW
225UW
226BW
226CW
2280HD

How many more 22" models do we need? I can't even keep track of what's what anymore.
I don't see anything wrong with that. each of those models has a distinction from the others so there is a market for all of them. some of those are older models anyway like 225bw has been replaced by the 226bw.

Yeah I'm curious how many 22" TN panels they really need to bring to market.

hmm, am i gonna have to hold off on my rig for newegg to have this in stock? was going to order the 226bw, but this? THIS? oh what am i going to do about technology. cant we just put the thought bots in the freezer and not let them think for a little while so there is no new technology to spend money on?

i hates the internets.

I am guessing this will be a fair replacement for the 226bw but you never know. probably better to wait for some of the professional reviews even when it does come out because look what happened with the 226cw. also, the 2232bw/gw is meant to be a step up from the 226bw and although it's about the same in most aspects it has a bit more input lag.

is it just me or is this thing seriously still lacking a height-adjustable stand?

how hard is it to add something like that?

that's one of the major complaints about the 226bw. for a fairly pricey 22" i dont see how they could neglect something so stupidly easy.

that said...it's between this or a 226bw. i'll wait for some professional reviews though. i pray samsung wont try to flood us with 3 different panels again.

edit: and whats the point of that little plastic/glass strip at the bottom of the bezel? i just want a plain thin bezel! dont add girth unless it serves a purpose!

Just spotted this on Samsung's website.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...ubtype=lcd&model_cd=LS22AQWJFV/XAA&fullspec=F

It looks kind of like the 226bw but has a new 8000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (1000:1 actual, opposed to 700).

Update:guess this is the official replacement of the 226bw afterall.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...rch?q=lesnumeriques&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*

also, read this! 1 ms TN panels should be here next winter.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...rch?q=lesnumeriques&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*

dynamic contrast ratio is not a good thing:)

because dynamic contrast just adjust the back lighting to allow a bigger contrast range. doesn't look as good as a real increase in contrast ratio. personally i cant stand dynamic, i think it looks like garbage as your whole screen gets lighter and darker all the time in a game.

the only difference between this and the 226BW is a bigger dynamic contrast. whoopty shit. and the 226BW had a 1000:1 static ratio as well j0j081. you're thinking of the 225BW that had a 700:1 ;)

because dynamic contrast just adjust the back lighting to allow a bigger contrast range. doesn't look as good as a real increase in contrast ratio. personally i cant stand dynamic, i think it looks like garbage as your whole screen gets lighter and darker all the time in a game.

the only difference between this and the 226BW is a bigger dynamic contrast. whoopty shit. and the 226BW had a 1000:1 static ratio as well j0j081. you're thinking of the 225BW that had a 700:1 ;)

Dynamic contrast is a feature of magic bright though. It is not enabled by default. Therefore it is an option and nothing to complain about.

ALSO, per Samsungs own specs the 226bw only has a regular contrast ratio of 700:1. It's the 2232bw/gw that have 1000:1 already. ;) ;)

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...=monitors&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS22MEWSFV/XAA

weird....i always see it advertised as 1000:1 static everywhere. i stand corrected!

I wouldn't jump on it too fast.
There's also the new LG coming soon

yeah the LG looks nice but it's got a super wide color gamut. when Samsung did that with the 226CW it was a complete failure. the colors just looked super saturated so I would be warey of any wide gamut lcds.

This may be useful for future information if there is a panel lottery. It's the serial and model numbers for the display unit we've seen before.

Pics

It's now listed at Circuit City as "Coming Soon". Interestingly, they also have listed a 20" version, the 2053BW that seems to have a faster response time. What do you guys think about the picture sharpness between a 20" and 22" with same resolution? Noticeable?

Circuit City

Circuit City website says the 2253bw has a 5ms response time, but Samsung website says 2ms.

The 22in is better than the 20in imo, unless you are trying to save some money. Everybody I know regrets getting something too small, never to big.

Circuit City website says the 2253bw has a 5ms response time, but Samsung website says 2ms.

The 22in is better than the 20in imo, unless you are trying to save some money. Everybody I know regrets getting something too small, never to big.

Samsung syas 5 ms as well but 2 ms G2G.

I'm coming off a long string of 24" monitors. And I've decided I don't want to play console games any more, so I want to downgrade the resolution to something my PC can handle well. I am also wary of TN panels and thought maybe having a 20" would diminish the viewing angle effects inherent in the panel better than a 22".

they just listed it wrong. they are both 2 ms with the overdrive turned on, 5 without like usual.

any reviews about it anywhere?

I can't find any that are readable yet. I figured there would be by now because I thought big hardware review sites got test products before it was released. I'm prob just gonna get one even if I don't see a review first because can't miss the opp to get an S panel in the first batch.

It's now listed at Circuit City as "Coming Soon". Interestingly, they also have listed a 20" version, the 2053BW that seems to have a faster response time. What do you guys think about the picture sharpness between a 20" and 22" with same resolution? Noticeable?

Circuit City

That's what I want to know too. I prefer the small dot pitch and pixel size of 20"

Circuit City

20 inchers are definitely A LOT sharper for everything but the text is too small for me.

When are these manufacturers going to deliver a 22" monitor that actually performs better like full HD resolution, increased color gamut, or better viewing angles rather than throw on these worthless bells and whistles. *sigh*

Looks like there is also a 2253LW version being released. There's a driver up and a mention of it at circuit city. I wonder what the difference will be between the two.

Ah, nevermind. I found the info about it. It's a 21.6" screen with a 5 ms respone time. Looks like a budget option.

FYI, the 2253BW is available now on BestBuy Business. BestBuy told me they will order the monitor for you if you ask. I'm not sure how the return policies apply, though.

2253BW

Hopefully they will get it right one day, because I just took back a Samsung 2232BW or something or other from Best Buy. The monitor was complete trash - replaced it with the 24" LG that was also in the store and it was like going from passive matrix to active matrix. The LG isn't as good as the Planar I was going to get, but it was good enough and half the price (and I could get it today and walk it back to Best Buy if something was wrong with it).

Of course, in a perfect world, a static contrast ratio of 10,000:1 would be nice, but absent that, I think dynamic contrast can help.

I'm not sure how dynamic contrast works for games, but I can tell you that I like it a lot for movies on my 46-inch Samsung LCD HDTV. I think the dynamic contrast enhances films where there are dramatic changes in lighting intensity from scene to scene, like in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, where the blinding bright sun rises over the hill as Gandalf leads the charge of the Rohirrim down into Helm's Deep to meet King Theoden.

In games that use HDR effects, wouldn't additional dynamic contrast also be a benefit? I don't really know since I'm still gaming on my old 19-inch CRT.

yeah the LG looks nice but it's got a super wide color gamut. when Samsung did that with the 226CW it was a complete failure. the colors just looked super saturated so I would be warey of any wide gamut lcds.

I am pretty sure the problem of the 226CW was caused by the glossy screen.

Back