new Samsung 2253BW! check it out!

hey anyway you can check what panel your 2253BW has?
Yeah, please let us know what panel you got. It would be near impossible to tell if your LCD has the blue dominance problem from gaming screenshots or even just while gaming. It's fairly visible looking at the grays in the tool and button bars in various apps and looking at photos and websites.

Glad someone's having better luck with this LCD than I did.

Version : M-AQ22W0CDA-1001.0 Is this a bad thing?
That would mean you have a 'CMO' panel. The 'D' in CDA is the kicker.
Are you suffering from blue (or red) dominance? Bad backlight bleed?

No blue or red dominance. But minimum blacklight bleed on the top and bottom of the panel when the screen is all black. Forgot to say I download a color profile. because the monitor was obviously at 9300k color temp.

HMM, the person who bought one on anandtech apparently got a CDA version to. This surprises me because with the 226bw and 2232bw the first shipments were all S panels. The CMO panel might be fine but this will make the reviews even more interesting especially if the reviewers once again somehow get S panels. I am going to Best Buy tomorrow to check them out and look at the serial numbers compared to one I wrote down offline so I'll report back what I find.

blah, not this stupid panel lottery crap again. i might end up just buying something else.

panel lottery, and lack of height adjustments are why i refrained from the 226B, and this doesnt seem to solve either.

I am going to Best Buy tomorrow to check them out and look at the serial numbers compared to one I wrote down offline so I'll report back what I find.
I would doubt that you'll be able to determine the panel type without turning it on and accessing the hidden menu.

Using a downloaded color profile may help but it's been proposed that this won't bring it up to the quality of an 'S' panel. Then again, it might bring it to the point of being acceptable - especially if your primary "pasttime" is gaming.

Yeah, I passed on the 226BW and returned a 2232BW because of the "panel lottery". My Viewsonic vx2240w will be arriving in two days. Hoping I have better success.

This picture says otherwise:

img0019703zn9.jpg

A - S respectively.

blah, not this stupid panel lottery crap again. i might end up just buying something else.

panel lottery, and lack of height adjustments are why i refrained from the 226B, and this doesnt seem to solve either.

well it's not a panel lottery yet because only one version has been reported. perhaps there are no Samsung panels lmao! but yeah in all seriousness my primary use for this lcd will be gaming so if the colors are just slightly off I can live with that in favor of the high response time.

This picture says otherwise:

img0019703zn9.jpg

A - S respectively.

what does that pic say otherwise to though? His is obviously the CDA version (CMO panel) by what was in his hidden service menu.

Anyway I am going to Best Buy right now. If you want to see what the back of one with an S panel looks like scroll down on this Chinese site and you can see the serial number and manufacturer information. That is what I will be checking for on the display unit if there is one, then on the serial numbers on the boxes. Each panel manufacturer with the 226BW used a different serial number set.

http://translate.google.com/transla...eview&start=40&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*&sa=N

what does that pic say otherwise to though? His is obviously the CDA version (CMO panel) by what was in his hidden service menu.

Anyway I am going to Best Buy right now. If you want to see what the back of one with an S panel looks like scroll down on this Chinese site and you can see the serial number and manufacturer information. That is what I will be checking for on the display unit if there is one, then on the serial numbers on the boxes. Each panel manufacturer with the 226BW used a different serial number set.

http://translate.google.com/transla...eview&start=40&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*&sa=N

The D in CDA being the giveaway that it's a CMO panel.

Unless I'm completely off and CDA = CMO and CAA = Samsung panels, etc.

If that's the case, my apologizes.

Jcurry, I'm not sure what you're trying to say with those pics. Are those from a 226BW?

The lettering scheme for 2232BWs is as follows:

CMO panel xxxCDA-1002.
Samsung panel xxxCAA-1002
AU Optronics panel xxxCLA-1002
CPT panel xxxCIA-1002

The dude above got a "CDA" just like I did.

Jcurry, I'm not sure what you're trying to say with those pics. Are those from a 226BW?

The lettering scheme for 2232BWs is as follows:

CMO panel xxxCDA-1002.
Samsung panel xxxCAA-1002
AU Optronics panel xxxCLA-1002
CPT panel xxxCIA-1002

The dude above got a "CDA" just like I did.
Yeah, that was clarified for me!

Thanks!

well wtf? I just got back from Best Buy. They didn't have any in stock or know when and if they'd be getting any. Guy checked the inventory for the whole state and neighboring states to. Circuit City on the other hand said they should be getting them soon else it wouldn't on their website. I don't know what I should do now. I might order online from cc. I live in IL btw.

I gave my LCD to my mom and went back to my heavy samsung CRT this will be by last LCD monitor from samsung.....and last TN.. This LCD overheats and starts ghosting like crazy until it cools off.

ps. I learned my session about buying LCD online.. in-store only so i can get a refund.

Just so you know, I remember reading on a french website (I speak French) lesnumeriques or something that Samsung has no panel lottery on this monitor. Same panel for every monitor.
I might be wrong but I'll try to find the link.

Just so you know, I remember reading on a french website (I speak French) lesnumeriques or something that Samsung has no panel lottery on this monitor. Same panel for every monitor.
I might be wrong but I'll try to find the link.

yeah post that if you can. I've been checking that site every now and again but haven't been able to find anything yet but they have seemed to be very reliable in the past.

I gave my LCD to my mom and went back to my heavy samsung CRT this will be by last LCD monitor from samsung.....and last TN.. This LCD overheats and starts ghosting like crazy until it cools off.

ps. I learned my session about buying LCD online.. in-store only so i can get a refund.

I've never heard of that one with any lcds. Are you sure it's not your computer being more laggy as time goes by? As for gaming on a crt that's what I am doing right now but only until I pick up a new lcd. I sold my old 20 inch Samsung (206bw) about a month ago and the crt sucks in comparison. yeah it's nice to know there is no response or input lag whatsoever but the image is nowhere near as vibrant or clear on a crt not to mention widescreen is a lot nicer to once you get used to it.

yeah post that if you can. I've been checking that site every now and again but haven't been able to find anything yet but they have seemed to be very reliable in the past.

Second video: http://www.lesnumeriques.com/news_id-4379.html

"Devrait plus avoir de souci quand a la valse des composants. Il va y avoir une meilleure maîtrise des dalles.

If I translate it in English it means in a nutshell that the quality of the panels should all be the same because Samsung will have a more strict approach.

I've never heard of that one with any lcds. Are you sure it's not your computer being more laggy as time goes by? As for gaming on a crt that's what I am doing right now but only until I pick up a new lcd. I sold my old 20 inch Samsung (206bw) about a month ago and the crt sucks in comparison. yeah it's nice to know there is no response or input lag whatsoever but the image is nowhere near as vibrant or clear on a crt not to mention widescreen is a lot nicer to once you get used to it.

Let me explain, its like if i drag anything or in-game and move across the screen i get a atfer image with a bright yellow after image of the after image behind it.. it didn't start this until being on for over 12 hours.. i turned it off and on and it still did it.. so i turned it off over night and the problem was gone.

YES!!! My Circuit City finally got them in stock. Gonna go pick one up today. I'm praying for an S panel but so far the few people that have em say the panels are CDA versions. I'll report back once I've got it setup and stuff. At least if there is a problem it will be easy to return/exchange this way unlike ordering online.

YES!!! My Circuit City finally got them in stock. Gonna go pick one up today. I'm praying for an S panel but so far the few people that have em say the panels are CDA versions. I'll report back once I've got it setup and stuff. At least if there is a problem it will be easy to return/exchange this way unlike ordering online.
Don't let them charge you a 15% restocking fee if you do decide to return it.

I've got mine sitting here in the box. Delivered this morning. Wont be building my PC until this weekend so im going to wait to open it up.

One thing I will say is that the box it came in is alot smaller/lighter than what my 226BW came in.

I've got mine sitting here in the box. Delivered this morning. Wont be building my PC until this weekend so im going to wait to open it up.

One thing I will say is that the box it came in is alot smaller/lighter than what my 226BW came in.

you should open the box and peak at the back lable on the monitor. If the manufacturer location says Tian, China TSED you probably got an S panel. Anywhere else and it would seem you got the CDA version being talked about here so far which may be good though anyway. I think it all depends on luck with lcds.

you should open the box and peak at the back lable on the monitor. If the manufacturer location says Tian, China TSED you probably got an S panel. Anywhere else and it would seem you got the CDA version being talked about here so far which may be good though anyway. I think it all depends on luck with lcds.
Are you going to check your panel in-store or going to wait until you get home?

im not really worried about if its a CDA version to be honest.... if it has a good picture and i dont notice anything wrong ill be happy regardless of where it was made.

an S panel would be fantastic though. :D

i bought it at circuitcity, so i can return it quick if its bad. could have got it $30 cheaper elsewhere, but id rather have the option to take it to a store than mess with shipping it myself.

pretty excited to see how it turns out!

Well I just recently found this forum and this is going on my third day with my 2253BW monitor. I checked the panel version and it is a CMO panel :( Got mine from Circuit City too. I definitely noticed a blue dominance since I came from a CRT monitor to an LCD monitor. I tried using Spyder2 Pro to calibrate but it's profile chooser keeps wanting to apply it to my Componet out HDTV and not the monitor itself so I finally resorted to calibrating the colors themselves. That seemed to work pretty well and I have it down to a White Point: 0.7 and a Gray 50% at 0.0. So it's not that bad now so at least it could be calibrated out mostly.

Now my concern is the Backlight Bleed I notice mostly near the middle top of the screen almost none at the bottom and a very very little at the left and right.. but near the top center it may bleed down about a half inch to an inch. Is this considered minimal because I could not find any pictures of a minimal Backlight Bleed anywheres?
My setup is...
Gigabyte 3870 HD 512MB Video Card with Zalman Fan
Samsung 2253BW LCD Display connected by DVI
28" HDTV connected by Component

Anyone able to point me to a picture with minimal Backlight Bleeding so I can compare it to mine? Thanks that is the only concern I have now that I have calibrated monitor colors. BTW what is really really strange is the blue dominance mostly went away after a day of use and my current color settings are..

Red: 45
Green: 46
Blue: 50

So really after a day of use the color setting changed DRASTICALLY before that my Blue was set way down to lower 40's. So it seems it is almost impossible to properly calibrate until the monitor has run for a full day or two before calibrating it anyways.

Turn the brightness and contrast to 0 and than press the select button for at least 5 seconds.

Ok here is a picture of my monitor done by cell phone so not the best picture. Ignore the left side it has some glare from something because the left side has as little bleed as the right side. Just pay attention to the top portion. I notice the bleed is more if I tip the monitor up just a bit so I have the monitor tipped slightly downward so I am slightly looking down on it.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd300/molitar/03-05-08_1143.jpg

As you can see the backlight bleed is almost none in the bottom, right, and left side. Also after finding a software to give me a true black screen and not color I notice two pixels that have a blue glow would them be dead pixels or stuck pixels? I noticed two of them and was wondering if I should return this monitor? They didn't have another one and they would have to order another one. I don't notice the pixels in any color but pure black. Is this normal for LCD? Should I concern myself about it? Only day 3 so still have 4 days to return the monitor if I wish.

oh, there is not a way to tell from the sticker on the back?

btw, where does it say yours was made?

Dongguan, China

So i guess i have a CMO aswell. Seems like that is what everyone has.

Yep don't tell me Samsung quit the S panel completely and just using the crappy panel :( So any dead pixels? Are these dead or stuck when they glow a blue color? I tried the pressing cloth on it than turning it on but it still remains. Is it something I should worry about and return or is a couple dead pixels the norm?

Yep don't tell me Samsung quit the S panel completely and just using the crappy panel :(
That'd be very disheartening if Samsung stopped shipping S panels with their LCDs. I'm curious to see if anyone received an S panel lately from a brick and mortar store or click and mortar store.

That'd be very disheartening if Samsung stopped shipping S panels with their LCDs. I'm curious to see if anyone received an S panel lately from a brick and mortar store or click and mortar store.

I agree since Samsung makes panels for how many other companies?

Back