Halo 2 if finaly here what do you think?

the game is fun and the cutscenes are very well done. the gameplay seems a bit slower than in halo, but that could be because i got used to blasting the living hell out of halo 1 and beating it really fast. the dual weilding thing is great.
(SPOILER)

if you cole calk(however you spell it) while having dual weapons then youll drop the other weapon and have to pick it up again.
the tank is a lot better now and the gun on it doesnt have such a wide spread. hijacking a ghost is really fun and quite easy too. PS: jumping on one is an easy way to avoid getting run over.

ZMTToxics said:
Halo2 Fucking Sucks. Fucking halo nerds, "halo is the best game ever, its grahpics and and and physicalas engine are the r0x0rs!1w". No. It is the worst game ever! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!

(im not a mod or anything but) dont flame other people post bitch ass quake nerd. dont get pissed just because everbody realized how much better halo is than your beloved half-life and quake.

also you probably didnt even try halo2, or your halo experience was ruined maybe by playing it for the first time and being a complete noob and suckign at it.

It's obvious he didn't try Halo 2. Otherwise he wouldn't be here browsing forums. He'd be playing it.

I find that it started out very slow. The original had more of a sense of urgency at the beginning of the game. So far, I'd say its ok, but not great. Definitely something worth playing, but I was definitely expecting more.

Actually, that stats page read 27000 people playing last night at 2am central time. That is really impressive. I am sure if it counting the people online who are not even actively playing Halo MP but that is impressive none the less. And lets face it, people who went to get this game at midnight went to get it for MP.

Will let you know tomorrow. I have to finish up this program I'm writing for work so I am putting in mad overtime. Can't get our of here till tomorrow.

I got the Limited Edition and I can't wait to to play.

Its awesome all around. I may just bulk and buy an Xbox and try to find a Collectors edition copy for myself.

The multiplayer options and changes are just insane, bar none.

i picked up my copy of halo 2 this morning and have been playing it for the last two or so hours. my takes are similar to what everyone else has said. it starts out pretty slow, but i kind of expected that so the storyline could develop a little bit more and what not. i think having the ability to use two weapons at the same time was a great idea and hijacking ghosts is as fun as advertised. basically i think if you found the first halo fun then this will be a blast too. if you didn't like the first halo, then you're better off playing this at a friend's house. the one thing i'm looking forward to as i continue to play this game is if the storyline is as rich and deep as the original halo's storyline.

guys I don't care when you get H2 and I don't care about UPS so stop hijacking threads man please! Now back to what you think about H2 :D

I gotta give to Bungie they really did a good job!!! I just watched the Behind the Scenes of the making Halo 2

They even went to the Marines and Consulted them to see how the real weapons worked and felt and reacted and to see how they really look, the marines showed how they work in teams and how they attack and take people down. Bungie did a lot of research in everything, and how incorperate into the game.

It was funny at point in the begining of the creation of Halo 2 they were going ove what they had and wanted to and so on, and half them were sitting there chugging Brewskies and playing with the it to see the modeling and how it looked.

Then at point they cut scene and they are out at a park playing volley ball and tug-a-war and dodge ball, i was what the F***k, the reason they did this was to take some time off because they knew that, they would not see the site of day light for a hole lota months.

They did say that it would take 21 months to make the game, but if im not mistaken it took them closer to 3 years to make.

If you know anyone that has the Limited Collectors Edition Halo 2 (that is if you don't have it) all i can say is watch the Limited Collectors Edition DVD, and you will get a much better Appreciation for what all the Creators at Bungie went through, The CEO of Bungie was hosting lan fest's at his house ( Halo 1) his private house and bought food and drinks for everyone. They had something like 10 Xboxs set up and 10 TVs and 4? projection TVs, people were even flying in from all over the usa to this guys house.

I managed to get near the front of the line at the Midnight Madness event here (I'd estimate about 500 people showed up for it, including some of the guys from Bungie :D ) and had it in hand by 12:30. I spent a couple of hours playing singleplayer last night. Everything I can see is done better than Halo, and in particular the vehicle combat is a lot of fun. I haven't played any multiplayer yet though, but that should be interesting.

I picked my copy up this moring from Samgoody, this time im gonna take my time playing it, watch the Limited Edition DVD first :D

About a hundred people showed up for my local midnight madness at Best Buy, and everything went smoothly. I then drove home and played until approximately six AM eastern time on Single Player (Live is, unfortunately, out of the question for now). What I can tell you is this: being about halfway through the game (I've heard it's about fifteen hours), it is incredible. It does start off slow, but as time goes on, the story and action pick up exponentially. There are some excellent plot twists, incredible action sequences and very intense decisions to make. I've found that the additions of the new weapons makes the game slightly more complex, but also force you to think through your weapon choices much more...

For those of you who are afraid that it won't live up to the Halo name, just wait until you get to Heretic. It's one of the most intense levels I've ever played on a game...great design, great enemies, great strategy...and that was on easy mode. :)

I'll post more in a couple days, once I finish.

superthrawn said:
About a hundred people showed up for my local midnight madness at Best Buy, and everything went smoothly. I then drove home and played until approximately six AM eastern time on Single Player (Live is, unfortunately, out of the question for now). What I can tell you is this: being about halfway through the game (I've heard it's about fifteen hours), it is incredible. It does start off slow, but as time goes on, the story and action pick up exponentially. There are some excellent plot twists, incredible action sequences and very intense decisions to make. I've found that the additions of the new weapons makes the game slightly more complex, but also force you to think through your weapon choices much more...

For those of you who are afraid that it won't live up to the Halo name, just wait until you get to Heretic. It's one of the most intense levels I've ever played on a game...great design, great enemies, great strategy...and that was on easy mode. :)

I'll post more in a couple days, once I finish.

well you've got me excited!
:D

I got mine a few days ago (Thank you, oblivious retail employee.) and I hope I'm not spoiling anything by saying the ending is terrible. The damned thing just ends right when it starts to get good. I recommend that all of you don't beat the game. It will just make you sour.

The multiplay is super good, though. My friends and I have already gotten an eight man LAN game going and it's a lot better than Halo. My experience has shown that the plasma pistol/SMG combo is unstoppably powerful at medium to close range.

My son skipped school today to go to BB and pick his up, he went to the release party at the EMP in Seattle yesterday and won a collector's edition signed by the Bungie folks, ( he refused to ebay it for ungodly sums of money, and it is left in pristene unopened condition). Of course I'm stuck at work, but I called him and he says it's all that and a bag of potato chips. I think I may be leaving early!

Got it an hour ago.... first impression, its dark. I need to play this at night or at least when the sun is not glaring on the screen through the windows. But what you really want to know is.... yeah the graphics are good. I cant belive the xbox can pull these off.
Second impression (I am only about 5 mins in, including cut scenes) the AI is crazy. The enemy is all over the place, jumping, running, dodging and best (or worst for me) hiding behind shit. I had an elite (am I right about that?) hiding behind a box, that I swore I killed and when I got close he unloaded on me.
Last impression (for now) I hate consoles....I switched to multiplayer to get used to the controls. I guess its because I haven't used my XBOX other than as a DVD player in months. I hope they put this out on PC so I can use a keyboard/mouse and play it with some finess.

Oh and you get to use that "wraith" in multiplayer (and probably in singel too) Its that big ass cannon the covenant had in H1.

EDIT: I forgot, I got this game and a controller (again I haven't used my XBOX in months so I wanted to be damn sure I had a working controller) and they, best buy, gave me a 10$ gift card.... nice. Total was $86 something. But that gift card is going to be saved for HL2.

Even though I don't own an Xbox, I went and purchased one of the few Collectors editions left :D

Why exactly would you buy a collector's edition if you don't have an xbox? Are you planning on getting one?

I played for a few matches and I have to say it suffers from the problem that a lot of games do. The maps are huge and complicated. This happened with R6BA. Not saying that is necessarily a bad thing but it will take some time to get used to when I am already comfortable with Halo 1.

I started to play it some last night after the midnight madness deal.
And I must say I thought it was pretty intense combat wise...especially once you dual weild the machineguns and let loose with a mag dump and your screen bounces all over as you try to fight the recoil...It was friggin fun !
Good thing Im on a partial vacation next week...so I know what Ill be doing :)

Staples said:
I played for a few matches and I have to say it suffers from the problem that a lot of games do. The maps are huge and complicated. This happened with R6BA. Not saying that is necessarily a bad thing but it will take some time to get used to when I am already comfortable with Halo 1.

I've never heard of anyone saying this is a bad thing. :confused:

I had high expectations, and this game has far exceeded even those. I'll try to break it down into a few sections as to keep myself from digressing.

1. Environments; This was easily the weakest section of Halo, for a lot of the environments were regurgitated towards the end. Halo 2 has almost completely fixed this. You will rarely ever see the same area twice by design (You might get lost though). These levels are rich, detailed, and full of life. There is always something going on in the background.

2. Artificial-Intelligence; Good God...on Heroic, the Covenant plays like they're being directly controlled by Bungie themselves. They move and dodge while shooting, they flank, they step up and cover comrades while others are reloading, they duck out to reload, they duck out when their shields are down (Just like any skilled player would do). They use covering fire and ricochet grenades around corners to flush you out. It's simply beyond words.

3. Graphics; The screens really don't do this game justice. The characters are extremely detailed (On both sides of the war), the vehicles look excellent (Especially when damaged), and these living parts of the game mesh very well with the background. I *did* see some instances during cutscenes where some of the detail would flicker off for a split second...I'm not sure what that problem is, but it is noticeable. Fortunately, it never happens in game. You're going to be asking yourself how a 733mhz CPU/Geforce3 can push these visuals. They're excellent, but any realist will know that they don't compare to the likes of Doom 3 (And nobody should expect them to).

4. Multiplayer; There is no Xbox Live title with more options than this. The level of customization is absolutely incredible. The netcode is extremely well done (You can actually shoot directly at your enemies instead of having to lead them). The maps vary from being extremely large to extremely small with a few in-between, so you're not forced to choose one or the other. The voice-chat works incredibly well, though sometimes you must advise a teammate to unplug and replug the mic in order for them to get a good connection. The lag is practically non-existant (I've been playing in sixteen player matches). The only hitch is that if the person running the server drops out, the game switches to the person with the best connection. This interrupts the game for about twenty seconds, which isn't bad considering it carries over all progress and starts you in the exact position as you left off with the previous host.

5. Controls; If you're coming off of a keyboard/mouse, it will take you a good half-hour to adjust. It took me about that long because of all the Desert Combat I play. You can change just about anything you wish in terms of the control layout. Adjusting the sensitivity helped me out quite a bit (8 is my favorite, but some might want more or less depending on their eyes/reflexes).

The hype has been met and exceeded.

well i bought the game at midnight and have almost beaten it... the game is rather boring and the grahpics actuall arent that great compared to the original halo... in fact, i believe the original halo to have better graphics... halo 2 wastes all its graphics power in the area of physics which are just flat out lameo... i was really rather disappointed by single player and the multiplayer is alright but im back at counter strike source again...

-warsaw

thedork said:
on txb forums there was a post about 1000 people were on this morning.
The stores havent even opened yet and theres 8000 people on]
Marketplace on NPR this evening reported that Halo2 made $100,000,000 in its first 24 hours of sales. Wow - about 2 million copies. Movies wish they had opening days like that.

Well i'm kinda dissapointed with the game. Personally, i'm not too impressed with the gfx. Sure they look alright, but I'm also not too impressed with counter strike source or doom3 gfx. I guess I'm just not as easily impressed as I used to be.

Now in terms of game play. I like the dual wield, but other than that, I don't think the game offers anything new except a few new weapons. I'm completely dissapointed with the single player. I guess I should have expected it though. It is halo1 w/ a few new features plus different levels.

Of course this is all based on campaign mode. I haven't played multiplayer with it yet. Maybe it will be better.

well i just played Halo2 for almost 2 hours with my friends (my buddy bought it) and i thought it sucked ass. why'd i play for 2 hours? well i gave it a fair chance....

i thought halo 1 was really well done, but halo 2 just seems like regugetated nonsene. i hated the level design (unlike halo 1), barely anything new, ASS END GRAPHICS!!

maybe i'm just babied by playing only pc games, i admit i hated the control but that i am not used to so i can't bash that....oh the weapons were cool lol...i just find console graphics absolutly trash compared to PC. and i only have a radeon 9000 pro. guess you can't compare. i was just expecting more from the graphics too. like good textures might have been nice....and yes the player and enemy models texture wise were great, the cutscenes were great, but the levels look like ass!

i think i was expecting something new and revolutionary. i should know better. guess i'll keep waiting for HL-2....its comin soon anyways;)

Back