Halo 2 if finaly here what do you think?

WickedAngel said:
Most people don't realize that you can still throw a grenade pretty quickly, even if you were dual-wielding. Tap 'Y' and the gun you were holding in the left hand will immediately be tossed so you can throw a grenade.

Yea but its about a 2-3sec delay. Thats all anybody needs to kill you

weapon changing is a bit slow
but i think i'm getting used to it now
at first, i pushed Y and when nothing happened right away, push it again and all of sudden i see my weapons change real quick but twice, the delayed screwed me all up
i am getting the hang of it now though

i played for about 2 hours last night on King of the Hill and a couple of rounds of oddball, except the guy forgt to set teams and we had 16 players playing rocket launcher oddball
it was nuts, i had a blast

i haven't even touched the campaign yet, maybe i'll play some today

I love halo 2...

Amazing is all I can say ...

The best feature (keep in mind i have only just arrived on earth) is dual weapons. The ability to unleash destruction on such an epic scale makes me need to change underwear constantly.

Common who couldn't help but crack a smile the first time they picked up two weapons aimed at an elite and watched in such joyful horror as the elite was turned to swiss cheese.. WOW is all I could think.... just wow.

The graphics have seen a nice improvement, so have some of the weapon sound effects. The fact the aliens now speak english is a welcome addition. Their religous fanatisicism coupled with their sheer brutality is awe inspiring.

word to the wise .... pay your monthly rent up front, dump the girl friend, stock the fridge, and burn some trees ;). Anyone who even slightly divides your attention needs to cautious, this game is all engrossing.

Both campaign and multiplayer are sweet. My brothers and I inadvertantly found a great game. The three if us loaded a map with the tank, and made a mad dash for the tank, and then the two who didnt make it proceeded, for the rest of the game to try and destroy the tank. Sure, the guy in the tank won, but it was a heck of a challenge to even get close to the tank. The second round we got better and I actually destroyed it with my brother inside with 2 minutes left. It was great, the tank was smoking and flaiming for like 5 minutes... and boy, that sucker is MEAN.

WickedAngel said:
One sticky grenade will make them pay for your demise, though ;)

LOL if you can pull it out in time ;) Chances are you'll drop it if you can even get it out and end up blowing your dead corpse up :p

Lets favorite weapon, Ohhh just about all :D , but i must say that when ever i get a chance to get me wittle Paws on the Energy Sword, Oh Baby its like the Elites are made of Butter!!!

Ya can make Chopped Chicken of them Real Quick :cool:

JaiQwan said:
Lets favorite weapon, Ohhh just about all :D , but i must say that when ever i get a chance to get me wittle Paws on the Energy Sword, Oh Baby its like the Elites are made of Butter!!!

Ya can make Chopped Chicken of them Real Quick :cool:

Oh yeah Energy sword ROCKS

and then I found out it runs out of juice and I was just swinging away like a fool... it wasnt pretty... hehe what a game.

tacomaboy said:
Oh yeah Energy sword ROCKS

and then I found out it runs out of juice and I was just swinging away like a fool... it wasnt pretty... hehe what a game.

Yeah that happened to me also, LMAO but now when i get a chance and i know there will be a lot to kill, i try to stack them up because as good as they are, they drian energy to fast, but yeah they still do ROCK :D

Acceptable_Risk said:
Other games have had dual wielding but I can't think of any others that let you make any combination of left- and right-hand guns. That's the beauty of it.

It sounds so simple, but that really is a pretty amazing feature. For my money there's nothing better than a needler/plasma rifle combo. The rifle slows them down so they can't dodge the needles. Excellent stuff.

Dijonase said:
It sounds so simple, but that really is a pretty amazing feature. For my money there's nothing better than a needler/plasma rifle combo. The rifle slows them down so they can't dodge the needles. Excellent stuff.

Hmm i gotta try that next time i get a chance to, nice tip thanks :cool:

Dijonase said:
I prefer plasma pistol/SMG. One charged pistol shot will drop their armor and the SMG mops things up pretty quick after that.

Have any of you played Juggernaut much? Any idea how many people you need to make Dreadnaught balanced? Last night we had a six-on-one match and the Dreadnaught was still overpowering. It took a strong coordinated effort to take him out.

I wasn't overly excited going into Halo 2, but after playing a few days I have put more hours on my Live account this past few days then I have all year. It is so much damn fun, it's awesome. I should probably play through campaign, but I'm hoping to convince my wife to do coop with me.

Just beat this game, it was f*cking AWESOME! Best SP FPS i've played in my life :D I'm going back and looking for easter eggs, there are "7 skulls" hidden around the levels. I found one in earth city...now for the others :D I wish my 2 month XBL subscription would work, i've tried 2, and it keeps saying they're invalid...any ideas?

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Just beat this game, it was f*cking AWESOME! Best SP FPS i've played in my life :D I'm going back and looking for easter eggs, there are "7 skulls" hidden around the levels. I found one in earth city...now for the others :D I wish my 2 month XBL subscription would work, i've tried 2, and it keeps saying they're invalid...any ideas?

:eek: Hmmm really now, how did you find out there were eater eggs, and where on earth did ya find the skull ;)

Circuitbreaker8 said:
I wish my 2 month XBL subscription would work, i've tried 2, and it keeps saying they're invalid...any ideas?

I had...err still have the same problem. I tried it when I first got it on the 9th but I havent tried it since then. One guy said to just play around with the numbers and letters alittle bit but I havnt had the chance yet really. Let me know what happens. PM me or something

DemonDiablo said:
I had...err still have the same problem. I tried it when I first got it on the 9th but I havent tried it since then. One guy said to just play around with the numbers and letters alittle bit but I havnt had the chance yet really. Let me know what happens. PM me or something

This happened to me when I first got my Xbox, and I bought the Xbox live kit for like $70.00 and it had a 1 year subscription and some how i ened up with two 2 month subscription from a few games i bought, and one would not work, sol i called MS and
it turned out that the ID number I had was Expired.
Maybe this could be happening to you also?
The one year subscription never expires, (that comes in the Xbox live Kit with the head set) and the ones that are 2 or so months do expire.

PS: is this the one that came with H2?

I just ordered the starter kit with headset and 3 months.... but I also got the 2 months free with Halo.
If you are in a similar situation set it up with the free 2 months that came with Halo, as they are only for new accounts, then renew the account with the 3 month card (or the 12 month card if that is what you have). So I got 5 months coming to me, 2 of which are free. I'll renew it if need be, but I think this is the best way to start off.

Yea this is the one that comes with Halo 2 and I checked that expiration date thing before and it said it was good up untill like spring of next yr.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's mind-numbingly mediocre? The online game's the same as all the other online shooters I've played, and the SP game makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with all the damn flood missions.

if you were good at halo 1 you would find that heroic is way too easy.

but legendary is fucking impossible!
i am talking about in co op mode because once one person dies, you have to start at the beginning of the checkpoint again. none of that respawning bs.

**spoiler**

omg after 12 hours we still didn't beat the first fucking level.
each battle is mad hard and takes at least 10 tries.

the 3rd huge battle with the hunter in the first level took like 3/75 sucess rate. white elites are ridiuclously hard to kill since they dually weild plasma rifles and just pwn you unless you are super crafty

this game is ridiculously hard.

Back