Halo 2 if finaly here what do you think?

Acceptable_Risk said:
I think the draw-in problems that everyone is having are a load speed issue and not a processing power issue. When running the game from my hard drive, the draw-in and texture lag is way less apparent. It seems Bungie could have done a better job of pre-loading models and textures in cutscenes.
How do you run it from the hard drive? I don't know much about xbox since I got it only for Halo 2.

YEEEEEARRRRGGHH! He be using that pirated version that's be on the torrent sites since last week ARRRRRR! He also be usin a mod chip to backup the copy to Davy Jone's Locker. YEEEEE-ARRRRRRGGGGHHH!

Seriously, modchips let you backup the game onto the hard drive for play. I was just being sarcastic about the whole pirate thing.

Mr_Evil said:
YEEEEEARRRRGGHH! He be using that pirated version that's be on the torrent sites since last week ARRRRRR! He also be usin a mod chip to backup the copy to Davy Jone's Locker. YEEEEE-ARRRRRRGGGGHHH!

Seriously, modchips let you backup the game onto the hard drive for play. I was just being sarcastic about the whole pirate thing.

For some reason that made me laugh

I have played the MP for the past few days. I today played the first level. Things seem to get off to a really slow start. The sound mixing is pretty bad and the mip map clip ins are as well. It is hard to hear people a lot of times during the game. I think they must have been rushed because M. O'Donnell did a hellava job with the sound in Halo. The intro to level two looks like the things might be starting to pick up. The first level is pretty boring. What is nice now is that you can actually save in the middle of the level. I am not sure if you could do this with the first one if you played one player because I played almost all the time in a co-op environment.

Mr_Evil said:

ahahaha that's awesome

WickedAngel said:
The tank situation is easy.

I've stolen tankes from other players at least six times. If I couldn't get in the cockpit, I smashed open the sides and tossed in a grenade (Which still solves the tank problem).

All in all, I think I've stolen about twenty vehicles in multiplayer matches.

He means in terms of lag, I believe. There is a natural time gap between you and your target when you're shooting, but lag doesn't play into this nearly as bad as it does in other games (Battlefield 1942, for example...you have to lead targets, even when they're within ten feet).

Ahhh okay yes then that would be a problem if there is lag on the server,

ninethreeeleven
(cutscenes will forever plague this game)
I remember another poster saying something about bad or something wrong with the cutscenes, (all im doing is useing your Quote) and i think but im not sure if this what the poster was talking about, but in some of the Cutscenes there has been a white screen sorta kinda im guessing they did it that for what ever reason , but then again it could be a glich ?

lopoetve said:
1. I miss my assault rifle.
2. I miss the clean graphics.
3. I miss having a CLUE where I'm going. WTF happened to the red arrow?
4. I miss clean, uncluttered maps where I can see (co-op, mostly).
5. I miss having health. WTF?
6. I miss the vehicles having clean controls. They're all clumsy as fuck now. (especially fuel rod on the banshee)
7. I miss the vehicles being FAST. They're all slow as fuck now.
8. I miss the grenade physics.
9. I miss the invulnerable Warthog... no more grenade bounces through impassible areas.
10. I miss not having slowdown and draw-in like crazy.

1. I love the dual wield.
2. I love being able to steal vehicles :D
3. I love the enemy vehicles.
4. I love all the new weapons.
5. I love being able to shoot parts off of vehicles.

It's a good game. Not all what I hoped for though.

One thing that i did notice is that the warthog just does not handle the same way as in H1 it does seem very Glumsy, and the new Rifle with the short burts is not worth much i think, But now the Covenent Weapons, have gotten Awsome Dude :D the Needler does way more damage WoooooHooooo, and that Sniper Rifle I like I like :cool: and the Ghost has Turbo Boost Yeeehaaaaaa

I just logged into my IGN Account and im Downloading a - Windows Media 9 640x480 (192MB) - video preview of H2 and yes it has no spoilers in, if ya don't have an IGN Account and would like to see what they have to say, check my profile and if there is a place to host it where others can see it let know Via e-mail
PS: Just a thought

I remember another poster saying something about bad or something wrong with the cutscenes, (all im doing is useing your Quote) and i think but im not sure if this what the poster was talking about, but in some of the Cutscenes there has been a white screen sorta kinda im guessing they did it that for what ever reason , but then again it could be a glich ?

The white screen you're talking about might be a glitch. Unfortunately, the transition between normal-mapping and bump-mapping is noticeable on all copies of the game. There is a second where you can see the models without bump-mapping, then it snaps on.

Alright...still haven't beaten the game yet, but I can say some of this, since people have let the cat that I so carefully tried to keep in the bag out.

The levels where you play as an Elite are easily the best in the game. Likely because they feature the flood, which I hope Bungie realizes are the strength of this gameplay. I was playing the second run as an Elite today with my brother on Co-Op, and I can tell you I felt more like I was in a Zombie movie than in a video game. Things were blowing up, getting shot, falling apart and attacking me. And that was before I'd *actually* seen an enemy. :)

Now, there are some things that have been bugging me. The multiplayer maps (most notably Beaver Creek) are terribly cluttered and tend to lead more to random potshots at half-seen enemies than they do to well played, fun multiplayer matches. Again, Live is out of the question, but I have played a variety of split screen four player matches with my family (yes, my whole family is into Halo!).

For my final words, I'd say that anyone who is down on the story is kidding themselves. I'm getting a sinking feeling that the end of the game is going to be a letdown/clifhanger of epic porportions (I'm personally leaning toward the cliffhanger side) that will definitely make me want to buy the third game. Yet, the truth here is, Bungie has created a film through a video game. The first game I feel really did this through its cutscenes was FF3 on the SNES, (if you could call most of those cutscenes...but they did an *awesome* job telling the story). My personal favorite version of telling a movie through cutscenes would have to be Armed and Dangerous, though. If they were to put just the cutscenes from that game onto a DVD, I would buy it. Frickin' hilarious.

Verdict: This is the Two Towers of Video Games. It is beautiful, action packed, well paced, but will ultimately be displaced by the masterpiece that succeeds it.

XBConnect with this game is better than Live...

I haven't much lag at all (unlike Halo 1).

The multiplayer is what I bought the game for, as you can probably tell... ;)

bobsaget said:
XBConnect with this game is better than Live...

I haven't much lag at all (unlike Halo 1).

The multiplayer is what I bought the game for, as you can probably tell... ;)

How could xbconnect possibly be better than live? (other than the fact that one could play a pirated copy).

I don't get any lag on Live (and my connection is nothing special...very shitty DSL). Plus you get the rankings and clans etc. and more.

Mr_Evil said:

All the way through this, I kept hearing the voice of the Sea Captain on The Simpsons.

its just halo1.......i don't like it. but then again i thought halo 1 sucked.

Okay now this I dont get, im playing the singler player Campaign and im logged into Xbox live, why i can't tell ya its not like im playing multi player. But anyhow, for what ever reason my Cable moden or what ever Hiccupped and in the middle of a battle I loose my connection and the games into auto save. A few mins later and im back on Xbox live and back to the single player Campaign, rightwhere i left off.

Why? would anyone need Xbox live to player single player Campaign, are the games being saved online or on my Xbox or both.

Why? would anyone need Xbox live to player single player Campaign, are the games being saved online or on my Xbox or both.

The game monitors Live activity and shows your status to other friends on Live. I believe they can send you an invite while you're playing single-player.

WickedAngel said:
The game monitors Live activity and shows your status to other friends on Live. I believe they can send you an invite while you're playing single-player.

exactly right. And you can also send invites/messags to friends while your in the campaign. (start then hit Y to get all the options)

I find it useful :confused:

how th )*&$ do you shoot the fuel rod gun in the banshee? I've tryed all manner of button combos and all I can do is regular shot, barrel rolls, boost and get out. (BTW, if you hold X right after you get out, you can get back in in midair.)

A friend of mine picked up a copy and we put in a couple of hours of coop last night. The part where you take down the big ass walker thing is priceless. I'm not very far in but I'd say Halo2 is a complete success and even more badass than the first.

Vulcanus said:
I presume you mean the fuel rod disabled in multi -- it'd be way too powerful if it were there. The Banshee is already safe from carjacking (provided you stay airborne) -- an onboard rocker launcher on top of that would just be stupid.

lomn75 said:
I presume you mean the fuel rod disabled in multi -- it'd be way too powerful if it were there. The Banshee is already safe from carjacking (provided you stay airborne) -- an onboard rocker launcher on top of that would just be stupid.

I've had a few people get 1 kill ahead of me in a 1v1 and then hop in the banshee and try to hide! :p

Absolutely love it.

I literally played for two days straight.

I recommend playing on "Heroic". Normal is too easy and the game really shines on higher difficulty. You simply cannot mow down everything on Heroic and you need to think things out and play it slowly, which I find very entertaining. Like giving your Marines better weapons before moving forward or planting guns for yourself before big firefights.

Multi-player is totally top notch also. "Maybe" the best ever.

The game is not perfect though and has a few technical hitches like visible texture swapping and some rough looking areas. I feel silly though even bringing up small issues like those for such a complete package.

9.6/10 Best game I have played in a LONG time. (includes Doom 3, Far Cry, and GTA:SA)

Mr_Evil said:

The backup one. I pretty much load all of my games to the hard drive. It makes the load times way more tolerable.

Acceptable_Risk said:
The backup one. I pretty much load all of my games to the hard drive. It makes the load times way more tolerable.

Except Halo's load times are nearly nonexistent...regardless...backing them up isn't bad.

RagingSamster said:
My son skipped school today to go to BB and pick his up, he went to the release party at the EMP in Seattle yesterday and won a collector's edition signed by the Bungie folks, ( he refused to ebay it for ungodly sums of money, and it is left in pristene unopened condition). Of course I'm stuck at work, but I called him and he says it's all that and a bag of potato chips. I think I may be leaving early!

I skipped Work and college to play halo all day, i went to a release party at midnight also, i had to stand in line for 4 hours and i reserverd mine a year ago.. But it was well worth the wait, i have not slepted in the last 3 days because of it
:p The game is soo awesome it was well worth the wait

The Banshee is damned near useless in multiplayer. You can't fly backwards anymore (In the original, you could move backwards very slowly while firing. The fuel-rod is disabled, so you have to rely on the inaccurate plasma cannons. Very disappointed with this vehicle (And I've jacked a few Banshees from low flying players)

WickedAngel said:
The Banshee is damned near useless in multiplayer. You can't fly backwards anymore (In the original, you could move backwards very slowly while firing. The fuel-rod is disabled, so you have to rely on the inaccurate plasma cannons. Very disappointed with this vehicle (And I've jacked a few Banshees from low flying players)
Very true. The ghost on the other hand is fun to drive. I was surprised with the banshees because I love using the granade on Halo PC. Of course I am terrible at driving them on PC too but I find them a ton better on Halo PC.

interesting.. i'm probably gonna play it sometime soon.. when my friends get it (i dont have an Xbox),,

FYI: Halo 2 isn't the first game to do the dual weild action... it seems like a lot of you have experiencted that feature in an FPS for the first time with this game..

i recall red faction having dual weild.. i forgot what other games i've seen that in.. TIme splitters is another..

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
interesting.. i'm probably gonna play it sometime soon.. when my friends get it (i dont have an Xbox),,

FYI: Halo 2 isn't the first game to do the dual weild action... it seems like a lot of you have experiencted that feature in an FPS for the first time with this game..

i recall red faction having dual weild.. i forgot what other games i've seen that in.. TIme splitters is another..

I don't think dual weild is phasing anyone. Even goldeneye had dual weild

WickedAngel said:

Ahhh okay thanks much, they really did put a lot into H2

Dual-wielding is definately nothing new, but the strategy required to use the correct combo to deal with shields is. It adds another layer, especially to multiplayer.

Other games have had dual wielding but I can't think of any others that let you make any combination of left- and right-hand guns. That's the beauty of it.

They really did add a lot more dialogue, and a lot of it has me Lmao

Marines- Hey I heard you taste like chicken :D

I was pissed when I was dual weilding and I couldnt throw a nade.... then I thought "oh yeah, what hand am I supposed to throw it with?"
I see this complaint on alot of sites, seems most people still cant figure it out.

Spoliers, unless you have read all the other posts, if thats the case than I will say nothing new.

Well, I think I am about half way through (maybe more) and I have to say that this game is great! I take my time, except around the flood, I run right thorugh those fuckin bastards. I love the story so far, tons of stuff is going on. I just got passed that big cut scence with the Arbiter and Master Cheif and I cant wait to see how this will play out.
I know I might be setting myself up for a dissapointment but right now I'm happy as a fat guy at a buffet.

Most people don't realize that you can still throw a grenade pretty quickly, even if you were dual-wielding. Tap 'Y' and the gun you were holding in the left hand will immediately be tossed so you can throw a grenade.

Back