Badge Art Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hito Bahadur

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2006
UPDATE! 31JUL05

I still have around 35 badges. Demand has tapered off, so I am not certain whether I will order more. I have added a paypal link to a website to make ordering easier. Any money made is going into a second order or will go to Viper's competition if their is no demand for a second batch. Website for ordering is: www.nefolding.org

Please forgive the condition of the website. I continue to not dedicate any time to getting it going. Thanks for everyone that has ordered so far.

UPDATE! 12MAY05

I still have plenty of badges. The second batch of orders that people made will be shipped out this week (I was on a business trip for the past 10 days). Read everyone's reviews they turned out very well. Read below for order information.

UPDATE! 29APR05

The badges are in and they are looking awesome. Get them while you can. I'll be shipping those to the people who ordered this weekend. All proceeds go to expenses and Viper's contest. I'll post a picture soon.

hsmall.jpg
hbadge.jpg

Badge_1_filtered_2.jpg

The photos doesn't do them justice. The artwork, by Schmave, along with the clear bubble dome make the letter seem like it is floating above the background. Best looking case badge I have ever seen (I might be biased ;) ). Thanks go to Schmave for the better photo.

Okay all,

First, congratulations to Schmave for winning the artwork contest. All the entries (p[H]ant0m, Mayhem33, LPerry) were great and I really appreciate the interest in making the competition a success. For the newcomers, this is what I'm talking about: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=877184

Here's where we are at: I have ordered the badges. I have not received them yet and expect that to take 2-4 weeks per the manufacturer. I would like to set down the rules for eligibility and give you the ordering information.

Eligibility:
FAH members: 5,000 points
UD members: 40,000 points

Points need to be HardOCP team points.

My goal is to look at the average number of points a standard user, with 1-2 computers, could produce within approximately 3 months. Please, UD users, let me know if the points above are way off. I briefly discussed the issue with King_N and did a little research to come up with that number but I am not that familiar with UD.

Let me know, in this thread, if there are any other eligibility issues I should be aware of, but I want to keep this simple and the info above is what I will be taking orders based on.

Ordering Information:

Price: $4 each
What you get:
schmave_3_s.jpg

The badge will be domed, with an aluminum backing using a 3M process.

Information I Will Need:

# of badges requested (as many as you want, put them on borged computers, make huge [H] banners ;) )
HardOCP name
Folding Name (to verify points)
Mailing Address
Payment (Money Order, Check, PayPal)
Paypal account: [email protected] please include the name you are folding under with your payment (in the Remarks field using Paypal). You can use a credit card to pay through Paypal if that is easier for you.

E-mail me the information at: [email protected]

Shipping information:
I will mail the badges in a standard envelope. If appropriate, I will provide some type of stiffiner to protect the badge.

Note:
No profit will be made off these badges. I will use the $4 to pay for the badges, shipping, shipping material and any fees that I am currently blissfully ignorant of.

Any leftover money will be used to suppliment competitions like the one Viper just completed.

I will continue, until there is no interest, to provide these badges, so if you don't meet eligibility now, kick it into high gear and order when you get to your goal.

Me First! I want one! ME ME ME!

where is the paypall addy to send our [H]ard cash too...

KodiakStar said:
Me First! I want one! ME ME ME!

where is the paypall addy to send our [H]ard cash too...

DOH! Added above.....Well will be after I finish this post.

Done

I will continue, until there is no interest, to provide these badges, so if you don't meet eligibility now, kick it into high gear and order when you get to your goal.

Im going as fast as I can!!! Im just slow..
:(

Well as long as there is demand I am sure we will have a supply...

I am guessing he has a few hundred ordered.. if not more.. based on the demands
of the printer.... so dont worry too much guys ;)

Just gives you reason to borg more!
pwned!!

Great job Hito. I guess I better PayPal you some dough for mine.

BTW, I have been sorta messing around with experimental borders for different point values, but have not settled upon anything yet. I'll make sure and let you know when I have something I like.

KodiakStar said:
Well as long as there is demand I am sure we will have a supply...

I am guessing he has a few hundred ordered.. if not more.. based on the demands
of the printer.... so dont worry too much guys ;)

Just gives you reason to borg more!
pwned!!

Just a hundred for the first run. Just in case there's a glitch or no demand. I will order more as necessary.

Schmave said:
Great job Hito. I guess I better PayPal you some dough for mine.

BTW, I have been sorta messing around with experimental borders for different point values, but have not settled upon anything yet. I'll make sure and let you know when I have something I like.

Schmave, I want to see how this thing goes first and then think about the next logical step. The problem is that it is hard to get a production run under 50 badges, so custom badges with colors is, for the most part, cost prohibitive. It may be doable in what I consider the distant future.

That works. I will send you some $$ later when I get home, not going to do it from work

Hito Bahadur said:
Schmave, I want to see how this thing goes first and then think about the next logical step. The problem is that it is hard to get a production run under 50 badges, so custom badges with colors is, for the most part, cost prohibitive. It may be doable in what I consider the distant future.

just get 50 each for 5k (standard goal now for everything......) 50k, 100k, 1mil

less badges and gives something to shoot for

KodiakStar,

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't want that to affect these badges. This will be all there is for the next 6 months or so. After that, there might be more selection.

Not $4 each right? I figured I'd request 10. Is that reasonable?

yea just bouncing ideas around, I knew something like that would take a while ;) no worries

ill stop spammin your thread now...

Maybe pre-orders should be taken so you can get an idea of how many total you need, thus you can find out the actual cost?

I know the actual cost (purchase) for these. They are already ordered. There was forum discussion on it two weeks ago and the price of $4 was floated with no arguement. Total cost, to me, shipped to the folder is projected at around $3 with, if I calculated everything right, $1 going to the next contest.

$4 is more than reasonable. :D Hito, do you have a preferred method of payment?

p[H]ant0m said:
$4 is more than reasonable. :D Hito, do you have a preferred method of payment?

^^^ what he said. I don't do a lot of Paypal and my account is empty right now. In fact, I created an account for a possible trade and have not used it since.

I don't really care. Paypal is easier in many ways, but checks are just as simple. Money order if you want. If you plan on mailing something to me, let me know by PM. I don't want the whole world to know my home addy.

Nerk01: you have to understand that no matter how many I order, at some point I will order more than I sell. That is why I don't know how much they will cost, per unit. Currently, I have dropped over $170 just to order the badges.

Anyways, I will be keeping strict accounting on this just in case it ever becomes an issue.

Gk22CoE said:
So which company did you order them from?

I looked at a lot of mom and pops, but decided on Directron in the end. Probably not the cheapest, but it's a company I trust.

I fully understand your situation, I just don't like to see you haveing to make another order down the road because you sell out of all of them when you could have made one large order. I and I think others here would have trusted you enough to send the money in before they were ordered.

What's so wrong about coming up with hard numbers? If $4 is the hard number and 50 badges is it, then I'll end up just getting one so others can get one as well. Just my 2c

nerk01 said:
I fully understand your situation, I just don't like to see you haveing to make another order down the road because you sell out of all of them when you could have made one large order. I and I think others here would have trusted you enough to send the money in before they were ordered.

What's so wrong about coming up with hard numbers? If $4 is the hard number and 50 badges is it, then I'll end up just getting one so others can get one as well. Just my 2c

$4 each is the hard number. People weren't willing to preorder. I have 100 on order and will send them to people as they request and pay for them. Thanks.

Thanks Sharp. I will notify you when they have arrived from printing :)

Upgraded to Paypal Premium account to accept Credit card deposits. I updated the initial post to reflect this.

send in my order....good work Hito.

Also, for future referance, I found a way to help get around the paypal fees a bit. Have two paypal accounts, one premier and one not. That way non-cc doesnt loose a cut. You will need a family member or someone with a seperate bank account, but assuming you can do that it works best. Come the next contest I will take CC paymets to a paypal on my moms account and non-cc to my account. From tere, any cc payments sent to my momn paypal I can just send straight to mine.

Hito, I just sent you a email to order 5 badges and used Paypal to send you the $20.

Thanks for setting these up, you rock :cool:

... so did my order get in before Kodiak did? heh. It's like getting in line for this years [H]ot Christmas toy. :D

thanks again.. I look forward to randomly getting a package in a couple ?weeks? cheers, sharp.

Hito... I'll be in for 5... I just need to have a few minutes to rub together when I'm at home (paypal is blocked here at work)... I'd planned on doing it last night, but got wrapped up in the WVU-Texas Tech game.... GO 'EERS!!!!! :D:D You should get my order tonight or tomorrow morning...

Keep on Folding!!

sharp said:
... so did my order get in before Kodiak did?

Sharp, I think you won. Hopefully the next couple of weeks.

OSUGuy, No problem when you get the time order. I probably won't be shipping for a bit.

I got off to a slow start. damn girls. damn drinking... damnit for having to pass out after
drinking.. and girls.. err.. :)

money sent.

Guys:

When you pay, please provide the name you fold under. It is hard for me to tell who has bought the badges and to verify eligibility without this information.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back