2005FPW roll call

Thanks, Mike8. Dead Pixel Buddy works great. I previously checked using fullscreen color bitmaps. Still NDP's on my 2005FPW.

Hi Zathras

I am glad what I have written has help you out and it is good you have no dead pixels on your Dell 2005FPW 20inch widescreen.

Ho, Zathras I have heard of the that name on Babylon 5 a good show to watch and on DVD.

mike8

Just got my monitor 2 days ago, and the line suddenly appeared just now. Called dell for support, because I did not know my tag number. The guy from Dell support started asking me how many dead pixels. I told him that it is a full line down the screen, and he starts asking me again how many pixels. Haha.. anyways, replacement coming. I hope to god this does not happen again.

I'm on my second 2005fpw now. I'm having the same backlight problem. This one will be sent back as well. I had backlight problems and dead pixels on the first one. Oh well...

I got a few things to say....

1. I think some of you are just ebing over all PATHETIC about this, its an LCD, its one dead pixel, suck it up. For the ones that have lines showing, yes, very good reason to send back, I would aswell, but one bloody pixel?? Man grow up.

2. The backlight thing, I would have tried what another user did at first, massage it, especially from the rear, if light is showing, it means there is a gap, in your common sense you should try and SHUT the gap, which means applying a little pressure to seal it up, not sending it back 2 hours after you recieve it.

3. For someone who has tried massging it, still has issues, and has a dead pixel or a few, yes send it back, but don't just send it back because you can.

4. For the people who hate tech support you need a new approch ;), no you won't make many freinds on tech support lines but you don't wanna be their freinds either. First, when you call and get an automated thing, press 0, or 00, most automated systems that will transfer you to the first avalible operator, then you ask for Technical Service MANAGER or ASSISTANT MANAGER, don't goto their minons, your asking for the hell, skip right to a Manager, explain the issue, give the information, ask for a replacement overnighted with shipping info to resend the original back. Why the hell am I telling you this? Just about everyone here has complained about India's tech support, well they hire cheap poeple they can pay minimum wage and speak english, maybe not the best but a little, they don't hire people that know wtf they are doing, but the Manager's do, and normally they can speak english perfectly, and grasp the idea of your needs without listening to the computer. Yes some Technicial people are GREAT over the phone, but lately I have had about 2 great people out of 20 I've called which means, skip everyone, no one gets a chance, and straight to the manager, gets stuff done quicker, instead of the hours you guys spend on the phone, you can probably top it all off in 20 minutes.

5. Is their actually a revision A01 or a good build date to look into? I have been looking for an LCD or 2 to switch over too as I am going to go dual CRT but if I can get 2 LCD's cheap, why not. I heard Dec 2004 was good but stay away from November 2004?

*end of rant*

I just got my 2005FPW. Was sweating over the backlight issue for nothing. No backight issues at all, zero dead pixels. Couldn't be happier with it in fact.

Also, since this is my first post after joining, hello everyone, looking forward to bantering.

Sarge

Back