2005FPW roll call

uanime said:
I just thought some of you who are returning monitors might like to see thsi from my latest email with Dell Support:

"So, James, there is no need for you to worry. What I can
request you is, do the required trouble shooting. If the issue gets
resolved, well and good, else mail us the monitor serial number, which
can be found on the side or back of the monitor, and we would be
dispatching to you a working & tested monitor."

It looks like they're getting so many returns that they are testing them before they are shipped out now.
Wow they're actually thinking now. I guess they realized shipping isn't free.

dudewth said:
Wow they're actually thinking now. I guess they realized shipping isn't free.

Yep my replacement lcd is also delayed. They are probably testing each one before shipping.

Should I get a replacement for my 1 dead pixel and I just noticed, slight back light problem :D ?

edliu512 said:
Should I get a replacement for my 1 dead pixel and I just noticed, slight back light problem :D ?

Yea while you have the chance I would go for it :)

I wonder what sort of test they are performing though. As I noticed others have realized, the backlighting doesnt show up very much until some monitors have been on for awhile.

so very true...the first day i got my second monitor...i was boasting the fact that the leakage is almost none existent...after one day of usage, all of a sudden i began to notice leakage on the bottom right...er, kinda annoyed...but it's definitely ALOT better than the first one. returning the first one...if such a thing as a perfect 2005fpw exist, i am going to aim for it...it's not so much that the leakage bothers me, but it's the thought that this item is "defective"...i know i am a little weird.

Add me to the severe backlight list, here's my pictures which I just emailed to Dell:

2005FPW_01.jpg

2005FPW_02.jpg

2005FPW_03.jpg

Will update when it's all settled. This is another November A00 from Mexico. And how much bandwidth does Geocities give you ? :p

BTW these monitors are incredible otherwise !

Edit: Hehe looks like geocities crapped out already =/
But I'm impressed .. Dell already responded and it looks like they'll replace it.

I am getitng a refund for my 2005, I dont have the time to go thru this returning crap. My second was worse than the 1st one. :( Great monitor other than the backlight issue, love the widescreen. I just might settle for a viewsonic 211, I am not a huge gamer. Still undecided on what to try next. I have about 1,000 budget.

STANG22GT said:
I am getitng a refund for my 2005, I dont have the time to go thru this returning crap. My second was worse than the 1st one. :( Great monitor other than the backlight issue, love the widescreen. I just might settle for a viewsonic 211, I am not a huge gamer. Still undecided on what to try next. I have about 1,000 budget.

i can understand, because when i called for a return...the process took 1 hour. if you did the return 3 times, make that three hours, not to count the time you spend packing and unpacking, and testing, which adds another 1-2 hours to it.

stang, i would give it one more try in this case though, because some people have gotten dell to test it before sending it out.

iamtherat said:
so very true...the first day i got my second monitor...i was boasting the fact that the leakage is almost none existent...after one day of usage, all of a sudden i began to notice leakage on the bottom right...er, kinda annoyed...but it's definitely ALOT better than the first one. returning the first one...if such a thing as a perfect 2005fpw exist, i am going to aim for it...it's not so much that the leakage bothers me, but it's the thought that this item is "defective"...i know i am a little weird.

Mine that I posted about yesterday morning is still working perfectly, and it's been on for at least 10 hours between today and yesterday :). No backlight leakage at all on a completely black background, and still just one stuck-on green subpixel. I couldn't be much more pleased. All I can say is, good luck getting one like mine!

Today I noticed another stuck pixel!!!! So then i decided to try the messaging method. I toke a clean t shirt and used a corner of it and 'messaged' around the 2 dead pixels i got for about a second each. They both disappeared!!!! so I have zero dead pixels now, with minimal back light leak. But my concern is, do these dead/stuck (whatever they are) pixels just start showing up randomly?!? if they do, that could be very very annoying..even though they can be fixed with the messaging method.

I sent both of mine back for a refund and I am getting two Axim X50's. Airborne will be here Friday to pickup the monitors.

Hey would someone post a better pic of the stand.. from the back or something.. I can see its not the same as the 2001FP

Monitor2 is just as bad. yay. Sending e-mail to dell this time, I'm not going to deal with their Indian tech support on the phone again.

I just got mine in today and have 4 dead around the edges, 1 stuck green pixel near the middle of the screen and 2 stuck green subs(not near as bright as the one in the middle). No backlight issues from what I can tell so far but I was only home for lunch for about 40 minutes. I think I am going to call about a return . This monitor would be nice if it wasn't for all the dead/stuck pixels seems higher then what most are seeing here.

Well damn, I got Indian tech support over e-mail too!
Was my original e-mail too vague, it only linked two pictures showing the problem and gave the reference number for the original replacement. Did I not go far enough to make it clear that there was a recurring issue here?

-Dew

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Dell Technical Support.

I understand that your message is about a monitor problem, but I need
more information to help you solve it. Please reply with the following
information:

We need your service tag to find the service tag, please visit the
following link: -
What are the Dell? Express Service Code and Service Tag, and where can I
find them?

http://support.dell.com/support/top.../en/document?dn=1027149&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

I need more information to help you solve it. Please reply with the
following information:

* Was there an error message? What did it say?

* What seems to be happening?

* When did the problem start?

* Did you add new software (remember that patches and drivers are
software, too) or new components just before the problem started? What
were they?

* Did you try to solve the problem by uninstalling new software, rolling
back new drivers, or uninstalling new components? You probably need to
try that first.

* What other troubleshooting steps have you taken? What happened then?

* What version of Windows are you using?

Once I have this information I will be able to assist you with specific
troubleshooting so that we can solve the problem as quickly as possible.

Respectfully,
Abhijeet
DT D53687
Dell Technical Support

If you need to reply to us, please use the REPLY function of your email
program. This will keep the SAME SUBJECT of the response, ensuring
quicker service.

Visit the Dell Community Forum where you can find answers to questions
and exchange information with other Dell users:
http://DellCommunity.com

Visit the Dell Knowledge Base to get answers:
http://support.dell.com/

To submit a different question, visit the Communications Center at:
http://support.dell.com/contactus/contactushome.aspx

==========
DISCLAIMER
==========
The information in this document has been reviewed and is believed to be
accurate. However, neither Dell nor its affiliates assume any
responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions that may be
contained herein. In no event will Dell or its affiliates be liable for
direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages
resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised
of the possibility of such damages.

Dell reserves the right to make improvements or changes to this document
and the products and services described at any time, without notice or
obligation. This information applies to the continental United States
and Canada only, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
This is my second 2005FPW with a backlight issue (
http://www.woods.us/2005FPW2.jpg ).
The first one can be seen here: http://www.woods.us/2005FPW.jpg

I would like another replacement shipped to me.

Customer number: *EDITED*
Replacement Order#: *EDITED*
Original Order #: *EDITED*
Reference#: *EDITED*
Model: 2005FPW
S/N: MX-0T6130-*EDITED*
REV: A00

Shipping address is in signature.

-Daniel

Well my third(2nd replacement) showed up today. Hopefully it'll be better, but the last two backlight has been really bad, can we say almost white in certain corners when its supposed to be black. If this one doesn't pan out, i might give them one more shot before I just ask for a refund.

Secnod one came in, backlight problem worse then the first and more dead pixels. More detailed analysis on the other threads.

dew, perhaps that's not a good picture...but the monitor actually looks pertty good...the leakage is minimal. if you are waiting for a really "perfect" one, maybe you should wait a few more weeks or get a refund...

because from what it seems, yours is the best i've seen so far, and it'll probably take you ten more times before you get a better one.

but the first one is quite horrible, maybe you need to take a better picture of the second one...because it doesn't seem like it's that noticeable.

I just got my third monitor, the first two were shipped from Toledo ohio, and the third from TN. This monitor is very close to perfect, its a keeper.

Yay, I jus received my monitor and oh it's so nice!!! I checked for backlight and everything is clear. I still have to check for dead pixels though. Anybody recommend a program to check it?

I have a good idea. Whenever one of us returns their moniter for backlight problems, they should put some kind of subtle but identifiable mark on some part of hte packaging. That way when Dell recieves it and immediatly sends it out as a replacement for someone else who has backlighting probs we will know

bander said:
I have a good idea. Whenever one of us returns their moniter for backlight problems, they should put some kind of subtle but identifiable mark on some part of hte packaging. That way when Dell recieves it and immediatly sends it out as a replacement for someone else who has backlighting probs we will know

Hahahahahahaha :D sorry, i had to get that out, please dont be offended

jhego said:
I still have to check for dead pixels though. Anybody recommend a program to check it?

Goto www.monitorsdirect.com when their servers are back up. They got a free web based program in their After you buy --> Free software section that will cycle between red/green/blue/black/white. It's sized for 1280x1024 LCDs but it'll strech to 2005 size (altho the arrows at the bottom will be hidden).

Has anyone had a problem with Dell Picking up there defective 2005fpw..?? My replacement came and its fine now but they still havent picked up the defective 2005fpw they said they would get within 24 hours...

stealthecho said:
Has anyone had a problem with Dell Picking up there defective 2005fpw..?? My replacement came and its fine now but they still havent picked up the defective 2005fpw they said they would get within 24 hours...

Aren't you suppose to call Dell and have them set up a date to pick it up, at least that's what they told me.

I received my 2005fpw last week and I love it! The colors jump off of the screen and it is very bright and vivid. I can't find a single bad pixel and there is very minimal backilght leakage. It is MUCH nicer than my old Viewsonic A90f+. :D

Got minie today... Ordered it on Thursday night with overnight shipping. Praying there are no dead pixels, I'll post my info once I gt a chance to try it out tonight.

-derek

I just ordered mine this morning,used a 25% off Coupon and next day shipping :D , It should ship by Friday :confused: ...I guess it takes 4+ days to box and ship a Monitor. :rolleyes:

my original ship date was the 15th, it shipped on friday. I guess I wouldn't hold too much stock in their actual ship date info. I actually ordered a second one today with standard shipping, hopefully it will be here this week.

-derek

I just ordered two 2005FPWs this afternoon. All said and done I paid $610.53 each. Since I live near Toledo I could end up with both of them at my door by the end of the week. Gotta love 25% off coupons and stackable discount coupons.

After reading through the various 2005FPW threads in a number of forums I'm hoping that I waited long enough that the ones I get won't have all the problems I've been reading about. My 1900FP and 1901FP that I bought both came without issues, no dead pixels (after a bit of massage ;) ) and they've served we well.

Decided to get a replacement... was getting sick of what I originally considered minimal backlight leakage. Either it got worse over a day of usage or I'm much better at noticing it now cause it bugs me.

I used their email support and they offered to send me a replacement after my first email. All in all it only took about 30 minutes between the entire deal... and possibly 5 minutes of that spent composing the email and responding to theirs with my info and serial #.

Can't believe my first experience with dell support went that well.

Ordered mine Friday with the free 3-5 day shipping, got it this afternoon. Very nice. no dead pixels and a little uneven backlighting, but nothing I can't live with,

LOVELY! finally growing accustomed the slight leakage...poped up half life today, what do i notice? A FREAKING STUCK PIXEL! right in the center of the screen. have no clue how, but it just appeared today...

lcds irritate me. particularly this one, first time i've seen a dead pixel just pop out of no where, i always thought it was just a manufacturing defect, not one that can appear after it's been made.

kinda reminds me of my digi cam...it pretty much makes the camera useless, i mean to have a few pixels, stuck and oddly colored, sparsely allocated around a perfect picture is unaccepted.

that is why this dell is going back. and going i am to MAKE them ship me a new until a receive a PERFECT one. lets see what there maximum limit on an exchange is...cause this quality control issue is really starting to get on my nerves.

iamtherat said:
LOVELY! finally growing accustomed the slight leakage...poped up half life today, what do i notice? A FREAKING STUCK PIXEL! right in the center of the screen. have no clue how, but it just appeared today...

lcds irritate me. particularly this one, first time i've seen a dead pixel just pop out of no where, i always thought it was just a manufacturing defect, not one that can appear after it's been made.

kinda reminds me of my digi cam...it pretty much makes the camera useless, i mean to have a few pixels, stuck and oddly colored, sparsely allocated around a perfect picture is unaccepted.

that is why this dell is going back. and going i am to MAKE them ship me a new until a receive a PERFECT one. lets see what there maximum limit on an exchange is...cause this quality control issue is really starting to get on my nerves.

I cant believe you. I would love to have one whos only problem is a dead pixel. The moniter I have now has 1 dead pixel and it is a %100 percent non-issue to me. But the first and second had terrible backligihting and this third thats on the way will be my last chance at this as im leaving for a month. It would be just my luck to be the first person on this forum to get 3 with backlighting problems in a row.

actually i have another problem that dont know how to describe because i dont have my digital camera with me...

where you can still see imprints of the previous image when you change to a solid background.

was going to wait a week from now, when i get the digi to show what i am talking about, kinda like the 2001fp problem someone else posted a few months back, but not as extreme.

highly likely a few people here has the same problem but hasn't recognized it yet...it seems to only happen on this one background i use.

Revision A00 Mexico...........perfect so far.need more analysis once get it home and hook it up DVI

Ordered Friday am, recieved this morning (Tuesday). Friday the e-mail said the ship date was Thursday 12/16. Saturday I recieved an e-mail saying it had been shipped with anticipated delivery on 12/16-12/17.

The monitor is PERFECT. No dead pixels. No backlighting issue at all. Manuf. Nov. 2004, Rev. A00, made in Mexico.

I am ruined on all other monitors now, it's that good!

Back