2407 release date

Interestingly, one can also get the 1907 in silver:

200-37322.jpg

I wonder if the rest of the XX07 range will be made available in silver...

caboosemoose said:
Interestingly, one can also get the 1907 in silver:

[IM G]http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/images/products/large/200-37322.jpg[/IMG]

I wonder if the rest of the XX07 range will be made available in silver...

Sure that's not the handy work of a Photoshop user?

Whoops, didn't see the URL.

i think its only a euro thing. dell usa doesnt have dual tone bezels for the 17/19 in models, so i would say no for dual tone 2407s.

although i have seen silver 2405's and they look sweet.

DogChainX said:
Btw, i'm buying the 2407wfp the moment it comes out at $799. =)

From wheres?

CNET Review said:
There are also three preset image modes for desktop, multimedia, and gaming use, plus two color-temperature submenus for PC and Mac modes.

Is this similar to Samsungs MagicBright buttons that would change contrast/brightness between different settings? I MISS that feature so much. I really only used a couple. One for lights off and one for lights on, but I would LOVE to have it again.

DogChainX said:
Hmm....I don't know. Maybe *DELL* sells them? I'd hate to call up Gateway and ask, seeing that its a DELL. :rolleyes:

They're not on Dell's site, so rather than assuming you called them, I figured I'd ask.

Jodiuh said:
They're not on Dell's site, so rather than assuming you called them, I figured I'd ask.

Heheh, no, its not released yet. Thats why i said as soon as it comes out at $799. Hopefully when they release it, it'll be the same price point as the 2405fpw, which is selling for around $799

edit: Which reminds me, has anyone seen the panel that the 2407wfp is based off of? Its a Samsung panel, right? Any comments on the 6ms GtG and ghosting? :cool:

I'd be very surprised if it was a different panel from the 2405. Maybe upgraded electronics included improved overdrive. But very likely the same actual Samsung panel.

A week or two ago, someone posted that Dell told him the 2407 (maybe the 2707 too) will be in Dell's April Catalog ("you can order then").
Well, the catalog arrived today in my mailbox.
I thumbed thru the whole thing
No 2407. :mad:
No 2707 . :mad:
Knowledgeable people inside Dell seem to have given up predicting ship dates for those 2 monitors.

OK, here's a rumor I heard. Prolly ain't worth a dime, but at least it sounds good :D .......

The hot new Dell 30" 3007 is using an 'S-IPS" panel mfrd by LG Electronics.
Dell's great success with 3007 "pic quality", has caused it to drop plan to use Samsung S-PVA panel in 2407, 2707-----and go S-IPS.
That switch-over might account for the ship-date delays.
Comments, anyone?

Zak said:
Dell's great success with 3007 "pic quality", has caused it to drop plan to use Samsung S-PVA panel in 2407, 2707-----and go S-IPS.
Comments, anyone?
Dell's been using S-IPS for a long time with the 2001FP/2005FPW.

SLee said:
Dell's been using S-IPS for a long time with the 2001FP/2005FPW.

Yes but he's talking about the 2407/2707. This might actually explain some things as well as being some good news. Aren't the new S-IPS panels considered the cream of the crop right now? But on the other hand I thought they only came in 23" not 24". So who knows

Zak said:
OK, here's a rumor I heard. Prolly ain't worth a dime, but at least it sounds good :D .......

Comments, anyone?

Almost definitely BS. The reason why the 3007 is S-IPS is because, er, that's the only panel available...

I have a 3007 and I can assure you that other than the size and resolution, it's pretty ordinary. Vieiwing angles, pixel response and black levels are significantly worse than the 2405 PVA panel, though I'll grant the colour accuracy is pretty good. I honest don't think you could describe the 3077's image quality as a great success - it's purely down to the size of the thing.

DogChainX said:
Heheh, no, its not released yet. Thats why i said as soon as it comes out at $799. Hopefully when they release it, it'll be the same price point as the 2405fpw, which is selling for around $799

edit: Which reminds me, has anyone seen the panel that the 2407wfp is based off of? Its a Samsung panel, right? Any comments on the 6ms GtG and ghosting? :cool:

caboosemoose said:
I'd be very surprised if it was a different panel from the 2405. Maybe upgraded electronics included improved overdrive. But very likely the same actual Samsung panel.

Here they say the 2407wpf panel is the Samsung LTM240M2

And it appears the 2405fpw panel is a Samsung LTM240M1

Notice the main difference between the two panels is that the M2 model is a S-PVA, versus M1 as a regular PVA. But also notice each Panel's GtG response time is 8ms, so caboosemoose is right, an upgraded overdrive would explain the decrease in response time between the 2405 and 2407 (12ms GtG -> 6ms GtG ) Both still have 16 ms TrTf .
So yes, it is pretty much the same panel, if that is what Dell will be using. I have heard some people notice ghosting on the 2405, but others don't. So hopefully with the 2407 ghosting will be even less noticable (but I bet some will be able to tell).

PVA=lag and yes the 2405 was ghosting/streaking very bad with HL2 unplayable for the most part.

Yes, apologies, the 2405 and 244T don't use the same panel, my bad. However, I've seen both and they are very very similar overall. I personally think that the 2405's pixel is easily good enough for gaming. I'ts only slightly worse than the fastest 17 and 19 inch panels. The comment that it's ghosts badly is frankly ridiculous, it does not such thing.

Humm, I'm not really sure what to do... I want to pick up an lcd with my tax return and ive always wanted the 2405fpw but it looks like this might be comming out soon. Right now the 2405fpw is 800 plus ive got $100 coupon from american express so its only 700+tax, seems like a reall good deal.

its a 25ms monitor being used by a hardcore CRT guy, trust me it blurs, streaks and ghosts everytime you move the mouse.

kleox64 said:
its a 25ms monitor being used by a hardcore CRT guy, trust me it blurs, streaks and ghosts everytime you move the mouse.

Umm, the 2405 is NOT a 25ms panel! It's 16ms b-to-w and less thn that g-to-g. If you bought the 2405 for $700, I very, very much doubt you'd be disappointed. The only question is HDCP - if you want it obviosuly the 2405 doesn't have it.

2407wfp has been on sale in Japan since 20th March, but no one in Japan has yet receive theirs. Still pending for manufacturer to deliver on the goods. Many are calling foul and fraud. :mad:

caboosemoose said:
Umm, the 2405 is NOT a 25ms panel! It's 16ms b-to-w and less thn that g-to-g. If you bought the 2405 for $700, I very, very much doubt you'd be disappointed. The only question is HDCP - if you want it obviosuly the 2405 doesn't have it.

25ms average, I dont care what the panel specs say. I tried it and it ghosted/streaked so I sold it, Iam only gona be happy when they reach CRT speeds which they never will unfortunetly.

kleox64 said:
25ms average, I dont care what the panel specs say. I tried it and it ghosted/streaked so I sold it, Iam only gona be happy when they reach CRT speeds which they never will unfortunetly.

Sounds like you did some quantitative tests to get to that conclusion.. ;)

No noticeable ghosting and streaking while gaming on mine.. I absolutely love this monitor.. even if it is from Dell.

ZeroH said:
Sounds like you did some quantitative tests to get to that conclusion.. ;)

No noticeable ghosting and streaking while gaming on mine.. I absolutely love this monitor.. even if it is from Dell.

Could you please post your system specs, so we can see why you do not have ghosting?

fishy1234 said:
Could you please post your system specs, so we can see why you do not have ghosting?

system has nothing to do with ghosting. ghosting is a property of the panel. Frankly, unless the switch time is 0, there is always "ghosting." The question is, do you see it? Yes, the "16ms" panel has about a 20-25ms average response. That is well within the realm of acceptability for the vast majority of users. That response equates to around 40-50 state changes a second. If you can see that, and it bothers you, avoid the monitor.

I'm very picky and it doesn't bother me. It is, however, a personal choice. I think it's very much like the aperture grille problem some people have. I for one, can't use a "trinitron" monitor because those damn wires bug the hell out of me. Or how 'bout the "rainbow" effect some people have with DLP tvs. If it bothers you, your only choice is to return it.

fishy1234 said:

:confused: Why would think the hardware's going to prevent the LCD from ghosting? If the LCD has a slow response time, no amount of highend hardware is going to fix that. Here's mine anyway..

EVGA SLI Mobo
AMD 3700+ San Diego
2x1GB OCZ Platinum
EVGA 7800GT
2x Hitachi 80GB
SB Audigy2 ZS

ZeroH said:
:confused: Why would think the hardware's going to prevent the LCD from ghosting? If the LCD has a slow response time, no amount of highend hardware is going to fix that. Here's mine anyway..

EVGA SLI Mobo
AMD 3700+ San Diego
2x1GB OCZ Platinum
EVGA 7800GT
2x Hitachi 80GB
SB Audigy2 ZS

Dud3, !75 y0ur H!7@ch! 806b h@rd dr!v3. 7h@75 why y0u 533 6h057!n6! ;)

(coming to you from the power of Leet Speak Tanslator) :D ;)

DogChainX said:
Dud3, !75 y0ur H!7@ch! 806b h@rd dr!v3. 7h@75 why y0u 533 6h057!n6! ;)

(coming to you from the power of Leet Speak Tanslator) :D ;)

uuuuhhh whaaaaa?

I don't see ghosting.. read the thread carefully like I had to read yours. :D

Ok at this point I'm approaching anger. Where the hell is this monitor Dell? You give now!

ZeroH said:
uuuuhhh whaaaaa?

I don't see ghosting.. read the thread carefully like I had to read yours. :D

i was completely joking....there's no way that anything other than your display would NOT or WOULD show ghosting (unless its a horrible VGA cable...)

DogChainX said:
i was completely joking....there's no way that anything other than your display would NOT or WOULD show ghosting (unless its a horrible VGA cable...)

Unless someones case had a dispenser in a 3.5 IN bay that pops out Extacy every few mins. ;)

So if I understand this correctly, a slow video card will not cause Ghosting?

Thank you.

fishy1234 said:
So if I understand this correctly, a slow video card will not cause Ghosting?

Thank you.

Correct. The pixel gray-to-gray time itself isn't determined by the video card, its part of the LCD screen and its internal circuitry.

So even (just as an example, mind you tech nerds) if you had an extremely old ISA video card with 128KB of RAM on it, running at 2MHz you would NOT experience more ghosting on an LCD than two x1900xtx 512mb OC PCIe Crossfired cards.

At least, thats my limited understanding. :cool:

edit: to be more inline of the thread title, and not to have this thread closed.......
edit:
edit: I REALLY WANT A 2407WFP! If Dell has it come out at $799 onsale, i'm buying one
edit: if the reviews say its equal or better than the 2405fpw

Well, Dell's 20% off sale on the 2405 ends tomorrow (wed), so Im guessing the 2407 will come out a few days after that...

Back