stock in InfiniumLabs?????

ding ding ding We have a winner!!!
Kyle's giving us all IL stock!!! :D:D:D lol

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

OSUguy98 said:
ding ding ding We have a winner!!!
Kyle's giving us all IL stock!!! :D:D:D lol

Even for free, why the hell would we want that?

sentimental value? To keep the fireplace warm this winter?:D

OSUguy98 said:
sentimental value? [color=#3333333]To keep the fireplace warm this winter?[/COLOR]:D

Keep on Folding!! [color=#3333333]For the [H]orde!![/COLOR]

I don't understand what IL stock has to do with fireplaces. Not kidding... I really dont :confused:

oh.... burning the stock certificates...

Phase 2

Want a chance to win something to put in the new rig you're building? That's right, I said it. The [H]orde is giving away a brand new ATi Radeon X1950 Pro! Here's the details:
All folders with under 1K PPD (7day average according to HF.com) will be eligible. This is a race to 100K. This will require dedication and grit as this contest should run roughly 80-90 days. Once the contest begins on November 1st, ramp as much as you wish, but if your PPD goes above 1K PPD before November 1st, you will be disqualified. To enter, you must PM me before Oct 27th @ 2:00PM.

Edit: Please include your folding badge in the PM.​

AtomicMoose said:
Phase 2

Want a chance to win something to put in the new rig you're building? That's right, I said it. The [H]orde is giving away a brand new ATi Radeon X1950 Pro! Here's the details:
All folders with under 1K PPD (7day average according to HF.com) will be eligible. This is a race to 100K. This will require dedication and grit as this contest should run roughly 80-90 days. Once the contest begins on November 1st, ramp as much as you wish, but if your PPD goes above 1K PPD before November 1st, you will be disqualified. To enter, you must PM me before Oct 27th @ 2:00PM.​

Make that two :cool:

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030098764&postcount=467

That sounds like it's for me.......on a good day I get 250......I need recruits!!!! :p

magoo said:
That sounds like it's for me.......on a good day I get 250......I need recruits!!!! :p

I hear Marty trades borgs for sexual favors...

How bad you want to win?

am I eligible? [not joking]

I have 270,000 points...... but average well below 1,000 PPD.

Pocatello said:
am I eligible? [not joking]

I have 270,000 points...... but average well below 1,000 PPD.

Yes. If your PPD is under 1k, you are eligible. Your points will start at 0 when the contest starts.

Viper87227 said:
Yes. If your PPD is under 1k, you are eligible. Your points will start at 0 when the contest starts.
What he said....

One more thing, when you PM me, please include a link to your badge. It will make it easier for me. Those of you that PM'ed me already, no need to send another.

Viper87227 said:

How bad you want to win?

I hear Marty is gonna be bitching about never being able to win a frigging thing. It's just not fair!!!!! I could have all these gosh darn things cornered so frigging easily. All execpt for that stinking cheat proof H bowl deal which I'm not even trying in.

;hiSVD;KJAVDS;IOHAO;'OHIveh'oi SH'OI N'IOVNOIV;noi;vsdhnoi'NIOVNOI' SNIO'SD

marty9876 said:
I hear Marty is gonna be bitching about never being able to win a frigging thing. It's just not fair!!!!! I could have all these gosh darn things cornered so frigging easily. All execpt for that stinking cheat proof H bowl deal which I'm not even trying in.

nag, nag, nag....you won probation...you old goat you :p

So is this a race to 100K above our current production? I don't follow, but if I'm eligible I'm doing this.

tsuehpsyde said:
So is this a race to 100K above our current production? I don't follow, but if I'm eligible I'm doing this.

As of Nov. 1, your current points will be recorded, and for all intents and purposes, your back at 0. You have to get 100k above what your score is as of Nov. 1. So, your starting points going in doesn't matter... it's ramping up after that thats important.

The only requirement for eligibiliy is being under 1k PPD... which you are. So, PM Moose and get your name in the running.

marty9876 said:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1110690

Thank you, come again.

I can tell you I won't win the video card. Well, if I get my new network then I will :p :p

iSkylla said:
I can tell you I won't win the video card. Well, if I get my new network then I will :p :p

Bah, you stand as good a chance as anyone.... expeciallly if that school comes though.

Viper87227 said:

How bad you want to win?

Well..........not that bad. But I'm still gonna try....... if I understand this correctly, you can never go over 1000 points per day, right???? :D

magoo said:
Well..........not that bad. But I'm still gonna try....... if I understand this correctly, you can never go over 1000 points per day, right???? :D
I've PM'd AtomicMoose and he told me that the week prior to Nov 1st, You shouldn't average any more than 1kPPD to get in, and after u get in, there's no limit to the PPD, it's a race to the 100k Points starting at Nov 1.

Did I get that right Atomic?

magoo said:

Incorrect. You can't be over 1k PPD before it starts. After than, its open season. The idea is for you to ramp up as much as possible.

EDIT: Jon, your spot on.

Viper87227 said:

How bad you want to win?

I hear Marty is great in the sack too!

Viper87227 said:
Incorrect. You can't be over 1k PPD before it starts. After than, its open season. The idea is for you to ramp up as much as possible.

Are you going to be watching out for people hoarding units the week before? A devious mind would suggest setting all my machines to batch downloads then returning a whole bunch of units in the first week.

Just an idea to keep this honest.

IanG said:
Are you going to be watching out for people hoarding units the week before? A devious mind would suggest setting all my machines to batch downloads then returning a whole bunch of units in the first week.

Just an idea to keep this honest.

Is this even possible anymore since there are no timeless units? I didnt think you could stop results from being uploaded unless the server is down..

My opinion is that 100k is a little low. Some one could easily move a lab or department of machines over for 2-3 weeks and leave. 2k ppd only takes 3-4 core 2 duo machines and then it'd be over in 50 days. I can see someone massing much more than that. I think the whole thing is a little uncreative.

I'd like to thank whoever donated that 2 graphics cards. Let's hope they go to a good home.

MN Scout said:
My opinion is that 100k is a little low. Some one could easily move a lab or department of machines over for 2-3 weeks and leave. 2k ppd only takes 3-4 core 2 duo machines and then it'd be over in 50 days. I can see someone massing much more than that. I think the whole thing is a little uncreative.

I'd like to thank whoever donated that 2 graphics cards. Let's hope they go to a good home.

It's not flawless... but it's what we've got. Those of use involved spent a few days going over every possible option, trying to find what was the best to keep things fair. 100k seems low, but much higher, and it might take to long. I don't want to see these cards being $100 cheaper in stores by the time I have a chance to give them away. Likewise, I don't want to see them collecting dust on my shelf when they could be in someones rig folding. 100k seemed like it was the best goal that was a challenge enough that many people would need to put serious effort into ramping up to be able to get their hands on it, without making it so unobtainable that they don't bother. 1k PPD and a 100k goal seemed like the best option we had among the many proposed. In the end, I think what we came up with is best. It may not be the most creative, but it is challenging, yet fair... which was the number one goal.

However, as far as "moving machines over for 2-3 weeks", not sure what you mean there. Move over from where? Everyone is using their normal folding name. They can't just borrow a lab full of PC's. Any ramp up in production should be coming from new machines, not already folding machines being switched over. As such, sure someone could borg a lab and then leave, but that means a whole new labs worth of PC's that weren't folding before, which means a good boost in production, which is the our goal is here. We don't want to just hand someone a video card, we want people to ramp up and really earn it.

Viper87227 said:
However, as far as "moving machines over for 2-3 weeks", not sure what you mean there. Move over from where? Everyone is using their normal folding name. They can't just borrow a lab full of PC's. Any ramp up in production should be coming from new machines, not already folding machines being switched over. As such, sure someone could borg a lab and then leave, but that means a whole new labs worth of PC's that weren't folding before, which means a good boost in production, which is the our goal is here. We don't want to just hand someone a video card, we want people to ramp up and really earn it.

Yes but lets pretend for a moment that you were only doing 950PPD and entered the contest. Then on Nov 1st I transfer all my boxen to fold under your name to help you win. Is this fair? I don't think it is. Have you guys considered this?

Roman79,

I can understand what you are saying here but let's at least keep it honest between us. Just borg the best you can. Honesty is the name of respect around here and well I'm 99% positive that all of us are honest about this kind of thing. But then again if what you were saying happened, is there anything I can do about it? I don't think there is so let's not bring that up.

100k is a big number, not many people are averaging 100k a month. Granted, my first full month I did hit 100k, but that's because someone challenged me. Just like that, we'll see who can step to the plate and do it to win the prize. And hopefully a custom title...

Roman79 said:
Yes but lets pretend for a moment that you were only doing 950PPD and entered the contest. Then on Nov 1st I transfer all my boxen to fold under your name to help you win. Is this fair? I don't think it is. Have you guys considered this?

Is it fair? No. However, it would be to hard to say that if someone ramped up big, it was because they actually went out and earned those borgs, or had someone switch over PC's to their name. As there is really no way to prove either or, we just have to hope people will be honest. Nice prizes are at stake, but its not the first time we have had high dollar items up for grabs, and nothing in the past suggests that someone would try to cheat. There seems to be plenty of honor among folders.

Remember, the point of this is to ramp up. The contests are great, but the goal is still the cure. If your switching borgs from one name to another, your not hurting, but your not helping either. I'd like to give us folders enough credit that if we have worked this hard at finding a cure, were not going to let a free GPU stand in the way of that.

EDIT: Since this does seem to be a large concern for all of you, the risk of "lending" boxen, I am going to bring it up with him in the morning and see what he says. While I helped organize this, and am keeper of the cards, Moose is the one running this... the rules are up to him. However, I can speculate that he will agree with me that lending boxen as opposed to finding new borgs, if able to be proven, are grounds for disqualification.

Since I imagine Moose is gone for the weekend, the general stance is that all of our contests are on a good faith basis. It's hard to imagine that a bunch of guys who sit there and abuse their hardware 24-7 for the good of mankind would necessarily go so far out of their way as to cheat for a video card. I know there could be someone who feels the need to do this, but as Viper said, past history suggests otherwise.

Unfortunately, on the contest front, we don't have a ton of options, its either ramping, runoffs, or some other form of stats aggrigation. Since F@H has no real verification method in place like UD, boxen can be added, subtracted, and spoofed in any number of ways. This is why the Bowl tends to be so convoluted with dead usernames, and such, all in an effort to keep it fair, but even then, its no method we could ever use is bulletproof.

We can't stop someone from cheating, but we can keep our eyes out for it. But more than that, we trust you guys to do this the right way.

Dang it.....I just ramped from an average of about 800 PPD to now I'm at 1100.....just over the limit....

brycejones said:
Dang it.....I just ramped from an average of about 800 PPD to now I'm at 1100.....just over the limit....
You have until Nov 1st to get your "Past Week" = 7000pts or less.

Hmm, I wonder how many of the celeron 2.4's at my office I'd have to borg to stand a chance of winning. I'm guessing a hell of a lot.

Some math regarding the vid card reward...

Max is 1k/day, and you have to get 100k, so... the min possible time is 100 days assuming someone hits exactly 1k points per day, right? And someone trying to get exactly 1k/day could accidentally go over 1k and get disqualified so people will probably deliberately undershoot their points, extending the contest past 100 days.

Just checking 'cause the 80-90 days estimated time to completion seems about a month short...

flenser said:
Some math regarding the vid card reward...

Max is 1k/day, and you have to get 100k, so... the min possible time is 100 days assuming someone hits exactly 1k points per day, right? And someone trying to get exactly 1k/day could accidentally go over 1k and get disqualified so people will probably deliberately undershoot their points, extending the contest past 100 days.

Just checking 'cause the 80-90 days estimated time to completion seems about a month short...

No, you have to be under 1000 ppd in the week before the contest begins. Once the competition starts you can ramp up production as much as you want. It could be over in a week if you could find a big enough lab to borg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back