Antec NEO HE warning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
davidhammock200 said:
Hiding?

If his people don't have answers, then what can he do?

I'm sure they're working extra hard on it, do you? ;)

We're very close to an answer. We're working with Asus on a couple theories on what's going on. Hopefully we'll have an answer real soon now. I wish I could be more specific on when/what but I can't right now.

AntecRep

AntecRep said:
We're very close to an answer. We're working with Asus on a couple theories on what's going on. Hopefully we'll have an answer real soon now. I wish I could be more specific on when/what but I can't right now.

AntecRep
Good to know. Let's hope this issue is resolved quickly and that this PSU proves to be a good one (because I have to keep mine come hell or high water!:) )

AntecRep said:

AntecRep
Thank you for the update, just knowing that your people are working on it, really does help.

Thanks,
Dave ;)

I just wanted to let you guys know that I also experienced a problem with the Antec NeoHE 550. I had just recently built a computer for a friend and I liked his setup so much I decided it was time to upgrade my rig. His computer was outfitted with an Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Athlon 64 4000+, and the NeoPower 480 PSU. I decided on the same MB/Processor but saw that Antec just came out with the HE series. I purchased the 550 off buy.com and installed my computer exactly the same way as my friends. After everything was tied down, bolted in, i went to turn it on....NOTHING. I thought that I had switched a cable around or something and troubleshot from there. I wound up taking the whole computer apart and just hooking up the MB, Processor and PSU....all that I got was the green standby light but no power. I hooked up an older PSU and it powered on fine...that is when I googled to see if anyone else was having a problem and I discovered this board. Just wanted to add my experience. I returned the PSU to buy.com and just picked up the 480 instead....very disappointed in the HE series.

very disappointed in the HE series.

I can understand your disappointment, but at this point it just seems to be an Asus issue, so don't totally disregard the NEOHE line. As far as I know the 380 and 430 are ok. Anyone?

So far, I'm very happy w/ my Seasonic S12-600. :D

Good luck to those having trouble w/ the new Antec PSU. I know some have said that they subcontracted the HE PSU to Seasonic, so it surprises me that people are having issues with it. Maybe it's b/c of the triple +12V rails, which is a fairly new thing (for consumer PSUs)? :confused:

I was very impressed with the features of the HE line but if it doesnt work then it doesnt work. Hopefully Antec and Asus can work out their kinks in the future. I got the NeoPower 480 so eventually I need to get something with a little more juice and hopefully by then the HE's will be OK. Just wanted to let other people know there seems to be a problem and its not just their configs.

Well I picked up a NeoHE 500 watt the day they came out from Best Buy, and it has been running just fine. Quiet as mouse, nothing turning on or off. Has everyone who has experienced problems bought their's from newegg?

gman said:
I can understand your disappointment, but at this point it just seems to be an Asus issue, so don't totally disregard the NEOHE line. As far as I know the 380 and 430 are ok. Anyone?

I know what you're saying... but how is it just "an Asus issue" when the Asus board works with every other power supply on the market? I think there's enough blame to go around.

jonnyGURU said:
I know what you're saying... but how is it just "an Asus issue" when the Asus board works with every other power supply on the market? I think there's enough blame to go around.
Agreed because you could make the converse argument also: "It can't be an Antec issue because it works with every other motherboard on the market"

torment said:
But the Asus mobo was out before Antec's product was out.
A valid point, for sure. You would think that Antec would have done significant testing with one of the more popular enthusiast motherboards available....but it seems they didn't.

gman said:

Did you not read my post? that wasent an Asus issue

Ruffy said:
Did you not read my post? that wasent an Asus issue
It sounds to me like you didn't have your power cables plugged securely into the psu. But that's just IMO. You could also just have a bad unit- it happens.

Well, I'm not sure if I had a bad PSU or if there is definately a conflict between the Asus MBs and the HE 550. I had my computer all ready to go but it would not power on....to make a long story short I swapped it out with the NeoPower 480 and it worked fine...powered up and everything.

So we've got an answer.

The A8N SLI and A8N SLI Deluxe changed from rev1.01 to rev1.02 earlier this month; A8N SLI Premium changed from rev1.01 to rev1.02 in July.

They (Asus)suggests our shared customers with motherboard rev1.01 to update the drivers and BIOS, and also plug the onboard 4pin Molex connector. If the updates still don't solve the problem, the customer will need to contact ASUS RMA for replacement.

Version 1.02 boards should be ok, in house testing showed no problems with 1.02s.

that's great.. looking forward to seeing some feedback since I still want an HE550.

AntecRep said:
So we've got an answer.

The A8N SLI and A8N SLI Deluxe changed from rev1.01 to rev1.02 earlier this month; A8N SLI Premium changed from rev1.01 to rev1.02 in July.

They (Asus)suggests our shared customers with motherboard rev1.01 to update the drivers and BIOS, and also plug the onboard 4pin Molex connector. If the updates still don't solve the problem, the customer will need to contact ASUS RMA for replacement.

Version 1.02 boards should be ok, in house testing showed no problems with 1.02s.

So, in other words it's related to the boards and not the PS? If so, that's a relief since I'm getting close to finishing my system with the 550. Thanks AntecRep!

AntecRep, could you please disclose the nature of the incompatibility between the ASUS AN8 SLI rev1.01 motherboards so that we may predict if other boards might have the same issue?

I do not think there is a need to play the blame game at all. After all, Antec did pinpoint the source of the problem and came up with the solution quickly.

Just a quick question.....how can I upgrade my bios if I'm unable to turn my computer on?? ;)

alkoholik said:
Just a quick question.....how can I upgrade my bios if I'm unable to turn my computer on?? ;)
Why would you ask that question in a thread about Antec PSU's?

Talk about a thread hi-jack! :rolleyes:

Remove BIOS chip & place in another PC or send to someone.

davidhammock200 said:
Why would you ask that question in a thread about Antec PSU's?

Good question.

Tt Tech said:
I do not think there is a need to play the blame game at all. After all, Antec did pinpoint the source of the problem and came up with the solution quickly.

Excellent point.

At this time the problem seems closed and so shall this thread be. I posted the relevant info in another thread...no sense beating a solved issue.

Thank You AntecRep and very gracious of you Tt Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back