Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

Ok :D
bye bye $1800
hello sweetness ;)

Got this Yesterday... and have no had time to due much with it. Though.. I was able
to watch a movie with my mom and gf earlyer today and quickly play a little COD1.

First Off.. this thing is amazing. I was very suprised to see how well it proformed. I know
that this is no 24" Dell or one of my NEC CRT's or etc but this thing is perfect.

PICTURE WARNING!!
A few hours ago took everything out of my room (EVERYTHING) and quickly through
it back together. I hooked up my old p.o.s. Alineware to it since my water rig is in pices
being upgraded and etc. So I am sorry for the way my room looks. It really needs some
work. Also.. I took pictures of this monitor with my website up. So please no flaming or
etc.. I am way to tired to take more ;/

DSC04602.jpg

DSC04606.jpg

DSC04621.jpg

DSC04623.jpg

DSC04638.jpg

DSC04641.jpg

look like crap, lol. SOO TIRED ;i
DSC04643.jpg

DSC04644.jpg

I will update and post a ton of new pictures in a bit. To tired to do it now....

Yes.. I know..
I have an Alineware. It was my very first pc and is now about 4x years old ;)
(just throughing that in there since everyone flames me about Alineware)

Huggles said:
Shitty deal for you, I have a dead pixel and I can't even find it half the time.

Ghosting? What the hell are you talking about? I'm a BF2 fanatic and I would be the first one to complain about ghosting...

ghosting.jpg

look at the legs. it's ridiculous. my regular monitor looks perfect, but this one is having serious issues.

can you even call that ghosting? i've never seen anything like it

none here

edit: and dude... it is a TV! soo i mean give it some credit. It is not perfect.

I have a couple of quick instances where fast moving black segments would ghost that for just a sec but really it was almost unnoticable. I would take/send it back if I could if does that all the time. Damn.

Rhino

RevitXman said:
Please ignore the first couple seconds...
http://mrdavies.net/CIMG0090.AVI

Its from a digital camera(not movie)

OMFG ! I Want it now ! :D

Thanks for the movie, can you make another one ( Man, im really abusing :p ) whit more Action moves and intensive action and fire for everywhere ?

By what i saw, the only ( almost nothing ) ghosting is when you pickup the grenade, can you make a Quake4 or other intensive shooter movie !? PLEASE i know its abusing but its because i am in love whit the West 37 :D

Its because, im really worried about ghosting, and after the post of kaldaim, im REALLY worried :(

I dont think god intended for me to have this tv.. I called 4 different bestbuys this morning, and not one of them even bothered to pick up the phone..I called both the TV extension AND cusomter service with all 4 stores...no answer. store hours say they open at 10, I called at 11 and no answer.. What,were they all out drinking last night??.. I even went out of my way and got my friend to let me borrow his escalade to take the tv home in..... EARTH TO BEST BUY... DO U WANT MY SALE OR NOT?? I mean, they are already raping me with the price, and on top of that they cant even pick up the phone to tell m if its in stock or not... :mad:

Deutch420 said:
I dont think god intended for me to have this tv.. I called 4 different bestbuys this morning, and not one of them even bothered to pick up the phone..I called both the TV extension AND cusomter service with all 4 stores...no answer. store hours say they open at 10, I called at 11 and no answer.. What,were they all out drinking last night??.. I even went out of my way and got my friend to let me borrow his escalade to take the tv home in..... EARTH TO BEST BUY... DO U WANT MY SALE OR NOT?? I mean, they are already raping me with the price, and on top of that they cant even pick up the phone to tell m if its in stock or not... :mad:

Your problem is small compared to mine, i need a vendor who sell to me for 1600 and give the buy note under 500 D$ :(

DouglasteR said:
Your problem is small compared to mine, i need a vendor who sell to me for 1600 and give the buy note under 500 D$ :(

Wouldnt that be illegal?

Well i finally found a bestbuy that picks up the phone, and has them in stock.... There is literally ONE left there. I spoke to Tom. He was helpful. He wanted to know if i wanted him to to do the customer pickup thing.. I told him i drive a sports car, and i want to make sure i will have a truck later to pick it up in before i tell him to ring it up over the phone.... He understood my situation and said hes not supposed to but he'll put it on the side for me until he goes home at 5...

I thought that was cocol of him.. If some one comes in looking for it, hes gonna say they have none left WITHOUT the garuntee that im coming in later tonight to get it..So, im sure he could get in trouble.. and im a stranger to him...

I should have some pics up later tonight. I'll have no problem taking some small Vid. clips of ingame gameplay as well as pics.. hopfully i'll have this beast home by 9.

BTW, im playing $1699 + 8.625%= 1846... I know, the price is really high, but what can you do....

Deutch420 said:
Wouldnt that be illegal?

Well i finally found a bestbuy that picks up the phone, and has them in stock.... There is literally ONE left there. I spoke to Tom. He was helpful. He wanted to know if i wanted him to to do the customer pickup thing.. I told him i drive a sports car, and i want to make sure i will have a truck later to pick it up in before i tell him to ring it up over the phone.... He understood my situation and said hes not supposed to but he'll put it on the side for me until he goes home at 5...

I thought that was cocol of him.. If some one comes in looking for it, hes gonna say they have none left WITHOUT the garuntee that im coming in later tonight to get it..So, im sure he could get in trouble.. and im a stranger to him...

I should have some pics up later tonight. I'll have no problem taking some small Vid. clips of ingame gameplay as well as pics.. hopfully i'll have this beast home by 9.

BTW, im playing $1699 + 8.625%= 1846... I know, the price is really high, but what can you do....

I dont have Q4, but I do have CoD 2

Aren't you guys a little worried about the fricking ONE YEAR WARRANTY on this thing? $1600 is a lot of coin for such a crappy warranty.

Maybe I'm wrong but BestBuy lists this as a one year warranty. Tell me that's wrong, PLEASE. :)

Riptide_NVN said:
Maybe I'm wrong but BestBuy lists this as a one year warranty

BestBuy would LOVE you to buy the extended warranty to soothe your worries. Ka-ching Ka-ching :D

Yeah I just noticed that but I can't find out how much a 3 year extension would cost on their site. Lame. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough but I'm having a helluva time figuring it out. W/an extension I'm sure it would bring the cost up to around $1850 but that still isn't a horrible deal. I could also pick it up in town and return if I didn't like the one I got. The wheels are turning... lol

Wonder how much I could get for this 2405FPW. ;)

nekrosoft13 said:
so is there a version two?

i do own an 37 westy, i got it back in september, so what would my version be?

Version 1 - 800:1 contrast ratio
Version 2 - 1000:1 contrast ratio, worse picture quality

Check the side of your box to find out which one you have

morfinx said:

side of my box? what box?

nekrosoft13 said:
side of my box? what box?

The box that the Westy came in with.

Riptide, both DVI ports support HDCP. However only one supports 1080p, the other supports up to 1080i.

morfinx said:
Riptide, both DVI ports support HDCP. However only one supports 1080p, the other supports up to 1080i.
Thanks for the information, it's appreciated. :)

Might have to drag the wife over to BB tonight to have a gander at this thing. We have one here at work but it's on Analog and running in 1024x768. I know I know, silly...

Riptide_NVN said:
Might have to drag the wife over to BB tonight to have a gander at this thing. We have one here at work but it's on Analog and running in 1024x768. I know I know, silly...

dont expect BB to have it hooked up with DVI. Atleast none of them by me do...

Yeah I'm sure it'll be analog. Still worth looking at though and I like being able to take it back right away if I get a dud. :)

nekrosoft13 said:
so is there a version two?

i do own an 37 westy, i got it back in september, so what would my version be?

All those that do 1920x1080/1080p are version 1s (LVM37W1)

There is going to be a LVM 37W2, IIRC but it is going to be 1366x768, so it would be much less suitable as a PC monitor and not do 1080p. There are some who dispute the 800:1/1000:1 picture quality issue over on the avsforums thread, however. At least there were at one time.

The extended warranty from BB is $159, and the way it was explained to me was that they will bring you your replacement at home, no need to even bring it in. That is less than I paid for my extended warranty at tweety for my Sony crt rptv, and I have the effect of killing electronic devices that are in my immediate facility. I do feel better about it. BB also has a no questions asked 30 day return policy on TVs with no restocking fee.

Rhino

morfinx said:

I have v2, Dad has v1, and dont notice that much of a difference.

BTW Get the Best Buy warranty..Mine said that if I found one dead or stuck pixel I could return it.

i'm interested in the monitor but what would be a good hdtv tuner to go w/ it since it doesn't have one built in....??

Riptide_NVN said:
Aren't you guys a little worried about the fricking ONE YEAR WARRANTY on this thing? $1600 is a lot of coin for such a crappy warranty.

Maybe I'm wrong but BestBuy lists this as a one year warranty. Tell me that's wrong, PLEASE. :)

In one year I will have an SED and this will be in a land fill

:p

The time warner HD DVR box is only a one dollar more a month than the regular digital cable box, which is the easiest way to get HD signal into the TV for me.

Rhino

shit. That kid put the TV on the side for me and i passed out.... Ill go tomorrow and hope its till there.. Wish me luck!

morfinx said:
The box that the Westy came in with.

box is long gone, i need to check the back of my westy and by version do you mean

W1 and W2 or W1 version 1 and W1 version 2

Riptide_NVN said:

1600 is cheap, considering what it can do

find me another 37inch LCD monitor/TV with so many inputs and true 1080P resolution for same price.

I can't. But that much coin for something with a one year warranty seems kinda risky to me. I guess if that much money doesn't mean anything to you then hey...

I got the 4 year warranty on mine. Haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it yet because I need to toy with it a bit.

What seems to be the consensus on desktop gamma settings and the monitor's contrast/brightness/etc. for the best IQ? I had everything tuned for my 2405FPW and this thing is a whole other animal. Just wonder what you guys are doing with yours.

Black levels are identical to my 2405FPW near as I can tell and pretty inferior compared to some of the other TV's they had w/3000:1 contrast ratios.

Riptide_NVN said:
I can't. But that much coin for something with a one year warranty seems kinda risky to me. I guess if that much money doesn't mean anything to you then hey...

I got the 4 year warranty on mine. Haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it yet because I need to toy with it a bit.

What seems to be the consensus on desktop gamma settings and the monitor's contrast/brightness/etc. for the best IQ? I had everything tuned for my 2405FPW and this thing is a whole other animal. Just wonder what you guys are doing with yours.

Black levels are identical to my 2405FPW near as I can tell and pretty inferior compared to some of the other TV's they had w/3000:1 contrast ratios.

And notice any ghosting ?!

Identical to yours 2405FPW ?! This is good or bad ? :confused:

nekrosoft13 said:
box is long gone, i need to check the back of my westy and by version do you mean

W1 and W2 or W1 version 1 and W1 version 2

I mean W1 rev 1 and rev 2.

Back