Assassin’s Creed II DRM Requires Full-Time Internet Connection

Then you might want to read the post you quoted and what it was in response too. Furthermore, if you don't play games why are you even in this thread? :confused:

I didn't say I had sworn off all games, I was saying games on a per game basis based on their DRM. Dear god man.

I'm not entirely too sure what your rambling on here about, but I think your reading something that isn't there. The whole idea of a boycott is to not buy said product that is being boycotted and in this case it is Ubisoft's products and their DRM.

Every single major publisher has pulled something stupid that is true, and I did not buy those products. I supported the companies that didn't do "something stupid". You're railing against me for saying that it is better to avoid buying ubisoft products but then go on to say this little gem:

but then have the audacity to call my stance stupid?

EA changed their stance on BF, a couple years back even, but you still swear off a franchise even after they've fixed the problems and their stance regarding the issue? Ubisoft stated that every single one of their games from here on out will have this DRM policy, or did you miss that?

You say take a stance against, fight to have it repealed, but then call me stupid for not buying it or buying any of their products that have this? You have me utterly confused, shall I fight it by writing some posts on a game enthusiasts hardware site, or maybe shall I make an internet petition, but in the meantime go ahead and buy their games cause you know, that will show them. :confused:

The only thing to do in this situation is to vote with your wallet. You say your not supporting Ubisoft's DRM stance, but I'm assuming since you called me stupid you'll be buying their products. So answer me this. How the hell does buying their product mean you don't support them or their stance? How does this signal to them that you're against them and that you are "fighting" to have it repealed? Oh by buying it on the console makes it ok since you're not supporting their DRM. That just makes their console sales all that better which gives them ammunition to stop producing games on the PC which is something we don't want. So by refusing to purchase their products until they change their stance on DRM like EA and Stardock did, that is the only way you are going to "fight" or take a stance against it.

You said you recommend not even buying it on consoles, despite the fact that the console version does not have the DRM in question here. That pretty much renders the rest of your post moot.

Oh and EA hasn't changed jack in the BF series. It is still the same noob crap for players who can't hack it in a game that requires actual skill. That however is an entirely different argument. Either way you change your stance several times in the last post alone. You can't just deny what you said a few posts prior and try to spin it it another way. Make up your mind what you actually stand for and then we might have a debate. Until then I am not going to waste my time picking apart your random rambling.

I didn't say I had sworn off all games, I was saying games on a per game basis based on their DRM. Dear god man.

I have heard of lack of reading comprehension, but lack of comprehending what you wrote? You said no such thing, go back and read what you wrote.

You said you recommend not even buying it on consoles, despite the fact that the console version does not have the DRM in question here. That pretty much renders the rest of your post moot.

It is no where near the black and white issue you attempt to make it. If you buy it on the console you've encouraged the game developers not to make a PC version instead of discouraging DRM.

I have heard of lack of reading comprehension, but lack of comprehending what you wrote? You said no such thing, go back and read what you wrote.

I read what I wrote and I didn't use an all. The all is something you implied because you are internet road raging and trying to have fights with everyone. The rest of the people in this thread comprehended it just fine.

I have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about.

It is starting to become clear now. Try reading the name of who posted what. I have never said I swore off any company. I've only sworn off games.

I read what I wrote and I didn't use an all. The all is something you implied because you are internet road raging and trying to have fights with everyone. The rest of the people in this thread comprehended it just fine.

Well then, here is a grammar lesson for you. I have bolded the sentence in question here that I am pointing out and you keep attempting to back pedal you way out of. In early grammar we get taught about these lovely little things called; Quantifiers, Articles and Determiners. These three particular things are noun modifiers. Without the use of these, it is assumed that the noun in question is all encompassing. As such when you stated "I've only sword off games", and failed to modify it with: Some, a few, most, DRM laden, etc. You therefore defaulted to the noun being applied to all.

So, believe what you want, but I am not raging and trying to have fights with everyone. I simply have the ability to comprehend more then basic english, and take literal statements as just that. Just because you used incorrect grammar and sentence structure and wrote something other then what you meant, does not make me the one in the wrong. Or one has to assume that since my stance was pretty clear from the start. That the only one "raging and looking for fights" here is yourself.

Well then, here is a grammar lesson for you. I have bolded the sentence in question here that I am pointing out and you keep attempting to back pedal you way out of. In early grammar we get taught about these lovely little things called; Quantifiers, Articles and Determiners. These three particular things are noun modifiers. Without the use of these, it is assumed that the noun in question is all encompassing. As such when you stated "I've only sword off games", and failed to modify it with: Some, a few, most, DRM laden, etc. You therefore defaulted to the noun being applied to all.

So, believe what you want, but I am not raging and trying to have fights with everyone. I simply have the ability to comprehend more then basic english, and take literal statements as just that. Just because you used incorrect grammar and sentence structure and wrote something other then what you meant, does not make me the one in the wrong. Or one has to assume that since my stance was pretty clear from the start. That the only one "raging and looking for fights" here is yourself.
:rolleyes: Keep telling your self that.

It is no where near the black and white issue you attempt to make it. If you buy it on the console you've encouraged the game developers not to make a PC version instead of discouraging DRM.

Exactly, apparently this is too hard of a concept for Dekoth to grasp. But apparently stating this is switching stances or some other non-sense.

That's the reason I didn't buy it for any platform.

Remember that DRM that Ubisoft said couldn't/wouldn't be cracked for at least a few months? Yeah...that didn't really work now did it, Ubisoft?

A popular group among game crackers, Skidrow, has somehow managed to crack the same DRM technology in Silent Hunter 5 as they have in Assassin's Creed 2. That took less than 24 hours. Expect to see one for Assassin's Creed 2 soon! If this pans out, I'll probably buy the game, but I'm definitely going to apply this crack.

http://www.infoaddict.com/ubisofts-new-drm-cracked-in-under-25-hours

It's time to hunt these mother fuckers and steal THEIR SHIT! I'm so tired of the fucking BS about DRM. News fucking flash, DRM is in games because dick head thieves steal anything they can! Then people want to bitch at the developers.

All these immoral assholes do is fuck things up for everyone else. Fewer games on the PC with fewer PC specific features.

Do us a favor. Take all that talent and actually develop a game. But they won't because they don't won't anybody to steal their shit. Fuck'em

I haven't pirate games and software for the past few years. When I was younger, jobless, and lived at home I used to be all over P2P, warez, and etc. Now that I have a full-time job and can pay for all of my own stuff I don't pirate. Be it Windows 7, Ultramon, countless games, and anything else.

I haven't pirate games and software for the past few years. When I was younger, jobless, and lived at home I used to be all over P2P, warez, and etc. Now that I have a full-time job and can pay for all of my own stuff I don't pirate. Be it Windows 7, Ultramon, countless games, and anything else.
This is another thing. I don't know anyone that pirates software and can afford to buy it. Most of these people aren't ever going to buy the game because they are students with little to no income, or they have large bills to pay. I'm not supporting pirating, but I definitely see no point in DRM. Once it's broken, it's gone. It's not like hackers have to work around the clock to keep the game working (okay, for updates they may have to crack it again). I'll say it again: The only people affected are paying customers, rendering this entire practice worthless.

This is another thing. I don't know anyone that pirates software and can afford to buy it. Most of these people aren't ever going to buy the game because they are students with little to no income, or they have large bills to pay. I'm not supporting pirating, but I definitely see no point in DRM. Once it's broken, it's gone. It's not like hackers have to work around the clock to keep the game working (okay, for updates they may have to crack it again). I'll say it again: The only people affected are paying customers, rendering this entire practice worthless.

Yep. The last time I pirated a game was mid college probably. Once I was able to afford stuff I either didn't buy it and didn't play it or I bought it. I don't know why the muisc industry seems to think that every college student with a collection of 60,000 songs would have paid 60,000$ for said songs if they hadn't been able to download them.

So, believe what you want, but I am not raging and trying to have fights with everyone. I simply have the ability to comprehend more then basic english,...

The word you were looking for was "than".

I don't buy that the cost of piracy is as high as the industry claims but I also don't buy that its ZERO either.

And I don't buy that the digital content industry HAS to play by the honor system. While current forms of DRM are easy to break what's going to happen is this stuff is going to the cloud, plain and simple.

Pirates are going to KILL local computing, dick heads.

I think Steve did a news story a while back on how pirates actually spend more on entertainment than non-pirates

My Big compliant here is when are they going to start treating their customers with respect in terms of marketing? Don't tell us "This is for our benefit". That implies we're dumb and don't know what your doing. I would have 100% more respect if Ubisoft came forward and said "look, Were trying to protect our assets, and want to try out this new model, if it works for everyone, great, if it needs some tweaking, we'll take your input, But we need to try something to protect our bottom line, but still deliver great content to our customer in a manageable manner"

I would have respected that. Would I have bought ACII? Maybe, I wasn't planning on buying it to begin with. But the prospect of trying a new gaming model to help the industry as a whole, would have made me jump on board for the greater good.

Thats My 2 cents.

Back