ATI X1800 XT Available in the US (someone actually has one, see #59)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asian Dub Foundation said:
sweet thats its available... ill get one as soon as i see the hard review (if its any better than a GTX that is)
Or until you see benchmarks running 750+ core and 1700+ mem on a X1800XT. Stay tuned!

Skanks said:
$750 NZ or US? ;)

Would be awesome if it was NZ $'s eh? Everybody would be jumping for joy. xD (though, not through a straight currency conversion...we get charged a premium over here too, so gotta put that in the equation. >.> Which means...The card would be about $350 american.

R1ckCa1n said:
Hehe.... I am going crazy because I have 2 gigs of new ram and a DFI crossfire motherboard to go with the X1800XT. Only problem is my new waterblocks are not here yet. THIS IS GOING TO KILL ME.

Grats on yours Rick. I told you we think alike.

I just got my shipping notification from ASS, mine will be here TOMORROW morning!

Will post pics tomorrow.

Nuzzles said:
Would be awesome if it was NZ $'s eh? Everybody would be jumping for joy. xD (though, not through a straight currency conversion...we get charged a premium over here too, so gotta put that in the equation. >.> Which means...The card would be about $350 american.

Yeah I'm used to our crap prices :(

Skanks said:
Yeah I'm used to our crap prices :(

Mhmm, unfortunate really. :(

Still, I'd much rather live here than, -cough- America. (no offense Americans. ;) )

Back on Topic, perhaps...:

To the the dude who's got it coming tomorrow...

If you don't post pics...I'll kick you in the teeth.
Only acceptable excuse is that you didn't get the card on time...other than that, there will be no reasons for you not posting pictures, got it? ;)

Nuzzles said:
Only acceptable excuse is that you didn't get the card on time...other than that, there will be no reasons for you not posting pictures, got it? ;)

Are you kidding? Possibly 1 of the first 15 retail cards delivered and you think I wouldn't hook my fellow [H]'ers with brag pics...

:D

Wow they are up to 700.00 now. Price gouge if I ever saw one. It was much cheaper earlier. I can't wait for this card to flood the market and prices to come down. It will stimulate competiton so much. A 512MB card is just about due... :cool:

WarlordBB said:
Are you kidding? Possibly 1 of the first 15 retail cards delivered and you think I wouldn't hook my fellow [H]'ers with brag pics...

I'd laugh my ass off if it didn't work. XD

Gawd, that'd suck so much for you.

ClearM4 said:
Great to see ATI delievering right on time!

I'm excited that they are delivering on time too as this just keeps competition up. However I'm concerned with the quantities I've been hearing about. 10 here, 15 here, If yields are bad and they just used the last few months to buy time while they crank out 300 of these cards for a global launch then let's say 250 of those come to the US this could be a disaster price-wise. The page linked in the first post is already at $700.00. I hate to be the devils advocate but I guess somebody has to be :D

Lord_Exodia said:
I'm excited that they are delivering on time too as this just keeps competition up. However I'm concerned with the quantities I've been hearing about. 10 here, 15 here, If yields are bad and they just used the last few months to buy time while they crank out 300 of these cards for a global launch then let's say 250 of those come to the US this could be a disaster price-wise. The page linked in the first post is already at $700.00. I hate to be the devils advocate but I guess somebody has to be :D
Yes, that is the same thing with the 7800GTX when it released. Some stores had 2-5 per store and waited weeks to get another shipment. I would be interested to see if Frys has them on their shelves as they had the X1800XL before anyone.

I'm more impressed because the release date from ATI was Nov 5.

Nuzzles said:
I'd laugh my ass off if it didn't work. XD

Gawd, that'd suck so much for you.

Thanks for your kind words... :rolleyes:

Don't be hating :D

Nov 3, 2005 7:11 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery - NASHVILLE, TN

Yeap I am happy to see them have some out and ahead of schedule. The prices should fall quickly as more vendors get stock...the 18000xl is selling for about 80 bucks under MSPR and that has not been out that long...

PS Mad props to the mods for making the vidoe card forums a "better" place!!!

Well until Crossfire loses the Dongle and addopts the Bridge chip, I don't think I will bother getting two of these.

I don't know if I will even bother getting one of these, I'm just not thrilled with it's performance.

I'll wait till R580, my X850XT-PE is still doing its job nicely, just not 1600 X 1200 nicely.

Nuzzles said:

No teeth kicking today :D

Teaser pics, 56k killer close ups to follow shortly:

x1800xt_pic1.jpg

x1800xt_pic2.jpg

x1800xt_pic3.jpg

What's this? An X1800XT and a Crossfire mobo, in the possession of a consumer? :eek: Man, we should like stick this or something :p

That's awesome Warlord, I'm sure everyone wants to see benchies. Take your time :)

Wow, stickied, I'm honored.

Actually some credit has to go to Bar81 because if it wasn't for his comments about ASS having what they say they have, I might not have gone through with the order.

Wow, stickied, I'm honored.

Actually some credit has to go to Bar81 because if it wasn't for his comments about ASS having what they say they have, I might not have gone through with the order.

dude, less talk, more benches/pics!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Here's some more. I'm kinda afraid to host more/larger. Don't want to kill my hosting provider.

x1800xt_big01.jpg

x1800xt_big02.jpg

F i can't wait any more........ ordering

EDIT: it's ordered, grand total came out to $708, I feel shell shocked :( but I think I can recover some money selling my "old" hardware.

LOL.... I couldn't even get out of the parking lot of AllStarShop before opening and snapping a picture with the trusty RAZR. Now I have to drive around all day with this thing calling my name.

X1800XT%201.JPG

X1800XT%202.JPG

WarlordBB said:
No teeth kicking today :D

Teaser pics, 56k killer close ups to follow shortly:

x1800xt_pic1.jpg

x1800xt_pic2.jpg

x1800xt_pic3.jpg
YOU STOLE MY CONFIGURATION. Please don't tell my you have 2gigs of OCZ EB RAM too and a OCZ Power Supply ;)

Congrads guys looks like you have a nice card on your hands!

So who wants to beet if they will have benchmark numbers up before HardOCP will for the 1800xt :) (just kidding)

Can't wait to see the benchmarks and overclocks. I really hope the cores hit 700 mhz on air.

R1ckCa1n said:
YOU STOLE MY CONFIGURATION. Please don't tell my you have 2gigs of OCZ EB RAM too and a OCZ Power Supply ;)

OCZpic.jpg

OCZmem.jpg

But my final build will use a PCP&C 510 SLI that will be here next week.

R1ckCa1n said:
Now I have to drive around all day with this thing calling my name.

Yep, I've had to reach over and touch mine every so often. The box that is...

Ok, the ATI box...

Will you let me know what the clocks are on your cards when you get them running?

Damn AllStarShop says it's out of stock now but when I placed my order it did not say that, I hope my order is not delayed..

Now the question is do I return my evga 7800gtx that I got last week, eat the 15%, and then get me one of these... or do I wait for that 512MB GTX?

Choice choices...

It's nice to see that ATI is delivering their promise on at least their two high end cards.

I too am really curious to see how this card overclocks. My gut tells me that it probably won't do more than 25MHz on the core simply because it's clocked so high already (I don't think there's ever been another video card released that has had such a high core clock). Hopefully I get proven wrong, though.

Good luck with your new cards guys :D .

I too am really curious to see how this card overclocks. My gut tells me that it probably won't do more than 25MHz on the core simply because it's clocked so high already (I don't think there's ever been another video card released that has had such a high core clock). Hopefully I get proven wrong, though.

No their is a midrange 700mhz gpu out.
With extreme solutions they got 1GHZ on the core. It should oc well as long as you got the cooling. On Air I expect it to do ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back