ATI X1800 XT Available in the US (someone actually has one, see #59)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Brent, are you guys going to do a review on the X1800XT some time soon, when you can get your hands on one?

Was there a point to adding a Back In Stock note in the main page hehe, they're out of stock for the 2nd time in one day :eek:

Clocks for ya.

Running 3dMark05 right now at stock everything (not fresh install either).

clocks.jpg

First run no tweaking, no fresh install, etc.

(Also running this on my Epox SLI board because my DFI CF-DR isn't setup yet. Will do that later this evening.)

3dmark05_01.jpg

Umm should the ram speed not be 750mhz? 1500mhz ddr, doesn't sem to be doing that speed though. :eek: Core clocks also slower as well, does the x1800 series clock down or something when not being used in 3d?

I was wondering the same exact thing. 620? what's up with that. does it have a 2d/3d difference like Nvidia smartbios?

Should be 625\750 according tothat its at 594\693. hmm :confused:

I have not used ati overdrive, but I think the 594core/693mem was 2d mode and 3d mode ran at 621core/747mem. Correct me if I am wrong :p

Shouldn't it be 650core 750 memory? I thought that was the official clocks. Strange?

Lord_Exodia said:
Shouldn't it be 650core 750 memory? I thought that was the official clocks. Strange?
No, offical clocks are 625/750 so they skimped 3 or 4 mhz

there is always a 2-5 MHz difference with what clock speeds are by reference to what is reported on ATI cards versus the actual clock because of the ratios used, so that small variation between reference clock and actual clock is normal

i'm going to have to look at this closer though, our reference cards don't have overdrive so i couldn't verify the clock speeds except to run a multitexture test which showed the fillrate to be right where it is suppose to be for 625MHz 16 pipe GPU

if you can run 3DMark's multitexture test and report the fillrate

at 625 16 pipes it should be around 10 GigaPixels(Texels)/per second

if it really is running at 594MHz as your picture shows that should be around 9.504 GPixels/sec

I don't think those are 2D speeds, not much point in dropping just 25Mhz for 2D, more like 225Mhz.

WarlordBB,
What clock speeds are printed on the box/manual?

Yeah your right, I thought it was supposed to be 650 not 625. That's right then. I looked it up again and the clocks are correct.

Lord_Exodia said:
Yeah your right, I thought it was supposed to be 650 not 625. That's right then. I looked it up again and the clocks are correct.
But his clocks seem to be 594/693 (600/1400) by default. The other clocks (621-747) are 'requested' speeds.

Here are some very very early results. All I can say is the fan on this XT is quiter than the freaking XL fan. Go figure. All of this is on air until my new waterblock comes either Friday or Monday.

Results at stock and with overdrive are with only the drivers loaded and no tweaks.

X1800SK.JPG

Stock

X18003D05.JPG

X1800OD.JPG

689 core and about 1800 mem? HOLY F"""N

X18003D05_OD.JPG

R1ckCa1n said:
Here are some very very early results. All I can say is the fan on this XT is quiter than the freaking XL fan. Go figure. All of this is on air until my new waterblock comes either Friday or Monday.

Results at stock and with overdrive are with only the drivers loaded and no tweaks.

X18003D05_OD.JPG

So then I take it that the overdrive is not reading the clock correctly?

R1ckCa1n said:
689 core and about 1800 mem? HOLY F"""N

Actually thats ~690 core and 1600 mem, but it appears your overclocks are limited by the ATI overdrive tool and not the card. Hope someone releases another overclocking tool soon for these.

Sir Random said:
Nice overclock, almost 700/1600!

So stock speeds are 600/1400 on these cards?

it looks like what you see as current is during 2d and the requested gets used during 3d.

R1ckca1n the first pic is of your x1800xl by mistake. look at date 10/8.
I think you meant to post a pic of the x1800xt's default clock speeds? or default 3dmark05 score?

X1800SK.JPG

ClearM4 said:
R1ckca1n the first pic is of your x1800xl by mistake. look at date 10/8.
I think you meant to post a pic of the x1800xt's default clock speeds? or default 3dmark05 score?

X1800SK.JPG
LOL... how funny. Yeah, mine shows 621 core on stock settings.

Nidhogg said:
it looks like what you see as current is during 2d and the requested gets used during 3d.
But in this pic of an XL o/c, the 'current' speed is the actual 3D speed:

wow.jpg

R1ckCa1n said:

What block are you putting on it Rick?

Sir Random said:
But in this pic of an XL o/c, the 'current' speed is the actual 3D speed:

Maybe because there's a setting that says "use these settings always".

BTW, my stock clocks to the best of my determination, for 3D mind you, is set to 621/747

WarlordBB said:
Cheater, and I bet you have some Ramplex's too!

I don't have any of the new AC stuffs :(
As a matter of fact, YES. Also a TwinPlex Pro SLI :eek:

Some one mentioned the PC P&C 510 SLi PSU. I love that thing. Don't let the "510" fool you.

wow, this is great news for ATI, I can't wait to see the cherry-picked-benchmark/FUD war that erupts between the X1800XT and the unreleased 7800GTX512....It might be enough to touch off another flame war or three hundred, lol :p

But seriously, I was a disbeliever, too. I'll admit that I didn't think that ATI would have them as promised, I didn't even fathom that they would have them early, this is a good thing for the industry.

I went to frys yesterday looking for information when they would have the xt's in stock. The lady(older lady in vid department) told me they dont get the cards for 5-6months after launch. I told her that the XL's showed up 2 days after launch. She said well it doesnt do you any good becasue it will only work in a crossfire motherboard and they dont have any,so it doesnt make sense to buy it. I told her it would work fine in single card, but not crossfire mode,in any pci-e mb. She looked at me and said" Look at the box, it says right here crossfire motherboard need, so it wont work." I told here I have one of those(xl's) and it works fine, she just looked at me dumbfounded and I walked away. I just wonder how many people have been steered away becasue she doesnt know what she is talking about, and why have an older lady (late 40's?) in the vid card department?

nunyabiz said:
I went to frys yesterday looking for information when they would have the xt's in stock. The lady(older lady in vid department) told me they dont get the cards for 5-6months after launch. I told her that the XL's showed up 2 days after launch. She said well it doesnt do you any good becasue it will only work in a crossfire motherboard and they dont have any,so it doesnt make sense to buy it. I told her it would work fine in single card, but not crossfire mode,in any pci-e mb. She looked at me and said" Look at the box, it says right here crossfire motherboard need, so it wont work." I told here I have one of those(xl's) and it works fine, she just looked at me dumbfounded and I walked away. I just wonder how many people have been steered away becasue she doesnt know what she is talking about, and why have an older lady (late 40's?) in the vid card department?
LOL... typical Frys employee not knowing what the heck they are talking about. Just in case I will put my XT on a crossfire motherboard!

nunyabiz said:
I just wonder how many people have been steered away becasue she doesnt know what she is talking about, and why have an older lady (late 40's?) in the vid card department?

Its obvious, they hired her b/c she is "hip" to the current market. :D

R1ckCa1n, post pics when you get the card unlidded :)

So what exactly are the clocks in 3D? Honestly, I am a bit confused by all the posting above. Could both of you give me a direct answer...in text please. :) I would like to be 100% sure on what you are seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back