BenQ G2400W

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the G2400WD from NCIX.com. I had hoped to get it a little cheaper but $320.00 isn't bad considering that includes the dead pixel replacement, shipping, and insurance. Hopefully I have no issues with it.............it should be a nice upgrade from my 19" Viewsonic CRT monitor.

Mine should be coming from them this week. Good luck to both of us on a nice one with no defects! I had just returned a T220 (non HD) to best buy, which I paid 300 even for incl tax. Can't complain about 2 more inches and bigger than 1080p gaming for 20 bucks more =)

I just received an e-mail from NCIX saying the G2400WD is backordered.......It said in stock when I ordered it. Oh well, if I find a better deal between now and when it comes in stock I'll just cancel the order.

BenQ store is selling $379-$37.9(promo coe:thankyou10)=$341. Not as good as NCIX but not too bad. Or get the V2400W it's free shipping.

Prad reviewed the G2400WT version and gave it a mesly 3 star rating "Adequate" :eek:

So, what the hell? Such a beloved monitor getting such a lousy score. Samsung 2493HM also got just 3 stars... See a pattern here?

The E2400HD got 4 stars though. Why the fuck it got 4 and the G2400WT only got 3 is beyond me.

The "T" is the cheap version of the original G2400W (not the same as the V2400w or the g2400wd) with no digital connections, iirc.

Why someone would review that now when it is barely even sold anywhere is beyond me.

The "T" is the cheap version of the original G2400W (not the same as the V2400w or the g2400wd) with no digital connections, iirc.

Why someone would review that now when it is barely even sold anywhere is beyond me.

Actually, you're wrong. The WT is a WD with height regulation. The one you're thinking about is the WA.

G2400WT said:
1 x D-Sub (analog), 1 x DVI-D (digital), 1 x HDMI (digital)

Have we established a "best settings" yet for the G2400W? I would like to know what settings you guys use for everyday stuff.

Some people say that the G2400WD whines/buzzes. A few say that it goes away with warm-up and/or stops as time goes by. Can anyone else confirm this?

Some people say that the G2400WD whines/buzzes. A few say that it goes away with warm-up and/or stops as time goes by. Can anyone else confirm this?

I have 3 of them running side by side and none of them buzz or make any kind of noise.

it runs pretty cool also. doesn't even seem to get warm like my dell 2001fp

Nothing like this on mine. If your monitor whines or buzzes, you should return/exchange it immediately lol

Nothing like this on mine. If your monitor whines or buzzes, you should return/exchange it immediately lol

Right... My monitor whines if the brightness is less than 100%, does that make it defective? Then I guess all 940BW are defective.

Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it's not there.

<off-topic>

Right... My monitor whines if the brightness is less than 100%, does that make it defective? Then I guess all 940BW are defective.

Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it's not there.

Right. But I think the point is whether or not you're happy with what you've got. If you don't hear anything great. If you hear it but you couldn't care less, sounds like there's no problem. If it bothers or worries you, by all means get that thing exchanged.

However, I will add, several displays that I've had, both CRT and LCD, started emitting whines with age. LCD's, in particular, when the brightness is lowered would start to whine noticeably louder. More than not, I assume that has to do with component degradation and not my ears becoming brighter all of a sudden. So, a brand new monitor without a widely-known whine, you can see where one might be worried.

As for mine, no noticeable whine whatsoever.

Colors are passable with some adjustment. Since I'm moving from a 17" display this is a huge upgrade in size, but the color shift due to the TN viewing angle is definitely a problem for me - though I'm learning to live with it. Unless there is something new to address this with TN panels coming down the line, I'll probably be moving away from TN for my next monitor.

That said, compared to my old LCD, backlight bleed is almost nothing. My old LCD seriously looks like it has a halo light on it.

As for 1:1 1080p from my Xbox 360 both out of the box and after my setting tweaking/"calibration" I still can see the horizontal lines in the letterbox regions. The keyword, however, is can. They are pretty much only barely visible if I look at them from a very steep high angle with my face inches from the panel or in a completely dark environment with my face still close to the panel. If I'm sitting farther away, or I tilt the monitor up slightly, or I'm actually focusing on the movie/game on the screen, I forget the lines are there.

So, as far as the 1:1 1080p issue goes, it seems I got one of the better ones - either that or t0mmy just has much better color discernment than either myself or 10e. I will say that a friend who bought this LCD also from NXICUS.com a few weeks before me reports seeing no such lines whatsoever...

I won't say I'm completely happy, since the presence of those lines obviously points to something that isn't perfectly right. But I'm happy enough to keep the monitor. Call it size shock, but I can't believe it took me this long to move up display sizes. I feel like I've been living in the dark ages.

Do the G2400W and WD have the same amount of input lag?

Also, does AMA affect input lag?

So which of them has more lag: W or WD? And how big is the difference?

Hi,

I have a BenQ G2400W which I got around august (after reading this thread and the reviews on this site ), I recently have only had my PC connected to it, through DVI, but I know want to connect my 360 to it.

I ahve a HDMI enabled 360, I will use that to get the best picture quality, but what can I do about the audio? I currently have my speakers (Logitech Z4) connected to my soundcard using the normal 3.5mm jack. My speakrs have space for a seperate 3.5mm input on the volume conntroller, so I was thinking that I could use that, but what would be the best way to some how do HDMI out, and 3.5mm audio out at the same time?

There is something about this on page 28 of this thread, but I'm still slightly confused. If I was to buy the offical HDMI cable which has (Optical/RCA Audio adapter) would this work?
Thanks for the help

Also, after using this monitor for quite a few months, I would 100% recommend it. Easy to set up, no dead pixels, many inputs and I haven't even had to calibrate it. Also I haven't experienced any ghosting in CS:S and 1:1 pixel mapping works great with older games.

I ahve a HDMI enabled 360, I will use that to get the best picture quality, but what can I do about the audio? I currently have my speakers (Logitech Z4) connected to my soundcard using the normal 3.5mm jack. My speakrs have space for a seperate 3.5mm input on the volume conntroller, so I was thinking that I could use that, but what would be the best way to some how do HDMI out, and 3.5mm audio out at the same time?

Easiest way would be to just get a 3.5mm interconnect cable (male-to-male) and use that to connect the headphone output on the monitor (which seems to be relatively good and clean to my surprise) and connect that to the 3.5mm input on your speaker controller.

If you want to avoid any potential sound quality problems associated with running the audio through your monitor (or just want to avoid having the cable sticking out the side of your monitor), then you have a couple options off the top of my head.

1. Get an Official - or unofficial - HDMI adapter for your 360. It'll basically be the same as the AV connector that your 360 came with, but without the component and composite video hookups, leaving you room to use the HDMI and connect your RCA cables and feed that to your speakers.

2. Many people, either to save money or as a sign of protest against being gouged by Microsoft, have reported success at using a dremel (or some other tool) to carve away the excess plastic that prevents you from using the bundled AV cable and HDMI at the same time. There is reportedly an issue with this where without any modification to the cable, if you switch inputs on your monitor, it will reset your Xbox 360.

The G2400WD would obviously be better. It's clearly a new revision! :cool:

Have you tested them yourself or have you found any tests online? A new revision is not always better in all aspects. I know the WD has a faster response time, but what about input lag?

Have you tested them yourself or have you found any tests online? A new revision is not always better in all aspects. I know the WD has a faster response time, but what about input lag?

From what I've read from the forums, the G2400WD and the V2400W have higher input lag than the G2400W; even if it's ridiculously marginal (However, two separate tests conducted on the forums show the V2400W having next to 0 lag: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1315565, http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1317302)

I think we may be both in the same situation.

I just want the definitively best possible lcd panel for gaming. I appreciate and value every contribution and review made for these three monitors, but I still haven't been able to draw a conclusion.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the V2400W from the BenQ store, or risking it and buying the old G2400W from http://www.entercomputers.com/product.asp?pf_id=G2400W.

Just for some background info on my situation, I play World of Warcraft professionally, and make about a 1000 dollars a month, for fun, part time. So monitor lag is the difference between 50 dollars and nothing a lot of the time. Heh.

If anyone would like to further help me make a choice, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

I have had only had the G2400W and the V2400W. I returned the G2400W 2 months ago. Well, what I meant was, in this situation, the newer revision was better. Jeez. I'd be better off not telling you anything, you know, I'm just trying to help. Forfuckssake.

Easiest way would be to just get a 3.5mm interconnect cable (male-to-male) and use that to connect the headphone output on the monitor (which seems to be relatively good and clean to my surprise) and connect that to the 3.5mm input on your speaker controller.

If you want to avoid any potential sound quality problems associated with running the audio through your monitor (or just want to avoid having the cable sticking out the side of your monitor), then you have a couple options off the top of my head.

1. Get an Official - or unofficial - HDMI adapter for your 360. It'll basically be the same as the AV connector that your 360 came with, but without the component and composite video hookups, leaving you room to use the HDMI and connect your RCA cables and feed that to your speakers.

2. Many people, either to save money or as a sign of protest against being gouged by Microsoft, have reported success at using a dremel (or some other tool) to carve away the excess plastic that prevents you from using the bundled AV cable and HDMI at the same time. There is reportedly an issue with this where without any modification to the cable, if you switch inputs on your monitor, it will reset your Xbox 360.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even know my monitor had a audio output!

I reckon I will just get a normal HDMI cable, and use the output on my monitor to hook it up to my speakers (the controller is 5 cm from the audio out). If this dosen't work I will just do the cable mod (btw you can stop the reset thing by cutting one of the wires in the cable you will use for audio http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50 some of the comments on here talk about it).

Thanks again for the help, major kudos!

Edit:

"Regarding the issue with the Xbox rebooting when switching A/V inputs, there’s an easy solution: Just pry open the metal housing and cut the thin black cable loopingto itself (it’s pin 26 to 28) and use the cable on SD switch setting."

Has anyone else needed to do a dead pixel monitor swap on one from ncixus?

Almost 2 weeks now and my replacement has yet to arrive. I hope it will be pristine after waiting so long!

After 3 weeks of using my G2400WWD, I love it even more than before. I've been downloading and watching 720p and 1080p blueray rips, they look fucking fantastic on this display.
I also quit wow and went back to eve online. Space is black, so I much appreciate the deep dark black the G2400WD gives me. Last time I played eve was on my 19" MVA, it's blacks were pretty unimpressive.

I don't know which monitor to get anymore...

After googling about the G2400WD I found a thread where some guy claims the WD has up to 30 ms of lag.
http://forums.slizone.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=32026&view=findpost&p=262237

Of course he could just be wrong, but since I haven't been able to find any input lag tests about the G2400WD, I don't want to risk buying it and ending up with a laggy monitor. The V2400W is bit too expensive. The old G2400W seems to be the only safe bet, but I can't find it anywhere, not for a reasonable price at least.

I'm also considering the LG W2252TQ. It's smaller and cheaper, but according to Digitalversus it has a reasonably low amount of lag - has anyone tested this monitor or found any tests online?
http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=48&mo1=304&p1=2943&ma2=35&mo2=371&p2=3450&ph=12

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: After some more googling I found a site that claims the G2400W has 12 and the W2252TQ has 18 ms of lag on average...

http://www.hardware.info/en-US/productdb/ZGRnnmZsyZpl/bGRkZpiVmJbKZcg/viewbenchmarks/bGRkZpiVmJbKZcg

Thank you for the links, but the 2493HM is significantly more expensive here (250 vs 380 €).

Thank you for the links, but the 2493HM is significantly more expensive here (250 vs 380 €).

I'm in your same predicament for the most part.

I think I'm just going to give up on the hunt, and opt for a fw900 crt.

Okay, so I finally bought the G2400WD. First impressions:

The extra size over my previous 17" LG L1730S LCD is great - games and movies look good on this screen.

It has a little backlight bleed: not much and it's not annoying, but my old LCD that I had used for over 4 years had almost none.

To test input lag I put it in clone mode with my old LCD and ran a stopwatch program. Surprisingly enough, the G2400WD seems to be up to 20 ms behind sometimes. I don't know, maybe the input lag would be lower at its native resolution? I wasn't able to use 1920x1200 in clone mode. I used DVI, I'm not sure if using VGA would have made any difference. Here's one of the pictures I took:
http://xs136.xs.to/xs136/09063/dsc00104712.jpg

Also, the monitor makes a weird buzzing/whining noise when the brightness is set to certain values.

Edit: I'm not quite happy with the colors. Black is not as black as it should be, it's a little annoying when watching movies and the edges are kinda... gray. With my old monitor you never noticed the edges were there because they were so black. Any suggestions how to adjust the settings? And what is DDC/CI?

Can anyone tell me anything about that humming/whining noise? Is there any way to get rid of it without setting the brightness to the max? Should I send the monitor back?

Just to update I got my replacement from NCIXUS under the dead pixel guarantee, and it is pristine.

The friend whose card I used to make the purchase wants to keep my old one with the stuck sub pixel, he doesnt care and tbh I didn't notice it once except when looking for it with DPB.

People that come over see it and always comment how great it looks, and then jaws hit the floor when I mention the price!

IF IT MAKES NOISE EXCHANGE IT, they shouldn't do that. Of the 2 I used neither makes a peep at any brightness setting!

Has anyone had issues with PS3's and the G2400WD over HDMI? Mine is taking a long time to initialize display on turn on and resolution changes. It was flicker on and off and show blue screens on and off for anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 minutes or sometimes longer before displaying a picture from my PS3.

I believe it's defective but NCIX is giving me the run around.

Alright so I just got this today from NCIX. The one this replaced was an 6 year old 17" Mag LCD or something. Really early LCD and horrible. So its an obvious improvement. I keep reading about this PS3 over HDMI problem. I don't have a ps3 yet but what exactly is happening? Can't find it in this thread.

Also is there a settings post anywhere?

Hi,

A few days ago I bought a Benq g2400wd monitor. For the first few days the monitors auto adjustment key would work, but now nothing happens when I press it. Is my monitor defective? or have I just done something stupid which disabled the key? Any ideas from fellow g2400wd owners?

Thanks

Yeah. I don't think my auto adjust is working either. Did the OSD display something it was adjusting?

Back