BenQ G2400W

Darn right it is. When I want white, or grey or any other color, I don't want something resembling a camouflaged mess on my screen, so it should be. And it's not something that is "quantifiable" like dead pixels, so it should be a general issue for return.

Good luck on the RMA.

I ended up sending One of mine back to them today via prepaid UPS from BenQ. It had uniformity issues on light colored backgrounds that were to pronounced for me to live with.
I hope the new one that they send me is better. If not, I'm thinking that I'll just get my money back. I do really like the screen, its clear/crisp, nice colors and 24" is a bit larger than 19"....

Goose, does the place you're buying your BenQ from have a zero dead pixel policy? You're not getting charged restocking fees for shipping an opened monitor back?

Decision time.....who should I order from? I can save about $22 dollars with Provantage over Newegg. Should I go with Provantage or just stick with The Egg? Both look like they have the manufacturer's warranty thing, but I'm still not sure.

Goose, does the place you're buying your BenQ from have a zero dead pixel policy? You're not getting charged restocking fees for shipping an opened monitor back?

I got both directly from the BenQ online store. I'm not getting charged anything, especially for a monitor I believe is defective. I told them that I wanted a prepaid label to ship it back to them, since I bought two. They sent in the request, 4 days later I got an email saying UPS was going to come and pick it up.

I got a call that next morning stating UPS would be here that day.... they came late in the afternoon and took the monitor. The UPS guy slapped a sticker on it and away it went to MN.
I have a tracking # that came with the receipt I got from UPS. I will be receiving a New monitor from BenQ.

I wrote down all the pertinent information on the one I send it to compare it to the new one I get to make sure it's not the same monitor just refurbished.
I also asked them about the 5% off special they have currently for buying two of the same monitors. They sent in a request, but I have not heard back.

I would be buying directly from BenQ if you want an initial shakedown warranty for 30 days. I had this one for a week and a half before I sent it back. There is a 3 year warranty on the monitors.

Edit: The monitors I bought are the V2400W's, just to make that clear, and to be honest, the offset look of the display is Really a Non-issue.

Last edited:
I know that's saving a lot of $, but the ground shipping is from Washington State to Florida and the web site won't let me see the shipping charges before registering; I can't believe web sites still do this in 2009.:( They have good reseller ratings though.

Any word if the zero dead pixel insurance policy thing is back for this model for this sale?

I know that's saving a lot of $, but the ground shipping is from Washington State to Florida and the web site won't let me see the shipping charges before registering; I can't believe web sites still do this in 2009.:( They have good reseller ratings though.

Any word if the zero dead pixel insurance policy thing is back for this model for this sale?

Have you looked at the V2400W?

BenQ online store:

Sub Total: $359.00
Discount: -$40.00
Discounted Sub Total: $319.00

Free shipping for me, but put in your zip to see if it ships Free for you...... just a thought ;)

Yes I did, but I like the G2400W better. Also, if ncixus had the zero dead pixel insurance policy back for this sale, then it would be a slam dunk who to order from, but it makes me wonder if all they're trying to do is get rid of a bunch of stuck or dead pixel monitors and then let BenQ and us worry about the warranty to exchange them, especially with that serious of a price drop. Hmmmmmmmm...........

Yes I did, but I like the G2400W better. Also, if ncixus had the zero dead pixel insurance policy back for this sale, then it would be a slam dunk who to order from, but it makes me wonder if all they're trying to do is get rid of a bunch of stuck or dead pixel monitors and then let BenQ and us worry about the warranty to exchange them, especially with that serious of a price drop. Hmmmmmmmm...........

I got mine from ncixus, could NOT get the dead pixel policy so it was a big risk to order from them but the price was "right", under 300 shipped. Got it a couple of weeks ago, thrilled it didn't have any pixel issues, horrified with a poor uniformity issue in the panel which produced a hugely annoying "camouflage" effect on bright backgrounds. Couldn't stand it, got an approved RMA and sent it back for a refund. Hope you have better luck with it. The monitor, assuming no defects, is a good one, particularly for gaming.

Any idea if I might get yours if I order from them? I hope not, but it and other things make me a little hesitant to order from them. I still don't like the not seeing total cost before registering issue at their web site.

EDIT: just checked the ncixus site and there are only 28 left at that price, so my problem may be solved since I'm not ordering until tonight.:)

Last edited:
Any idea if I might get yours if I order from them? I hope not, but it and other things make me a little hesitant to order from them. I still don't like the not seeing total cost before registering issue at their web site.

EDIT: just checked the ncixus site and there are only 28 left at that price, so my problem may be solved since I'm not ordering until tonight.:)

I only RMA-ed mine this morning, won't get to them until next Friday so I think you're safe ;)

Ok now that it's ordered, what will be the best way to calibrate this thing. Do they supply stuff with it that will be sufficient or should I download something?

OK, got the G2400WD today and it had two stuck pixels! WTF! After I installed the BenQ drivers and messed with them with a pencil (both near upper right corner adjacent to each other) I am now down to only one stuck pixel. I will try and mess with it over the next few days and see if I can unstick it. I'm really not sure what I'm doing after that (the BenQ warranty for exchanges I believe is 10 days). Any ideas on how to get rid of this one stuck pixel?

Hi guys, I read somewhere in this thread(there's a link to another site with some comments) that G2400WD has higher input lag than G2400W. Are there any confirmations on this? I found this page http://forums.anandtech.com/message...ORDFRM=&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear and it says that the input lag of G2400WD is inferred from G2400W meaning there is no real testing being done on the G2400WD itself. Not sure which to choose between those two now. And given a chance would you the incumbent users of G2400W/WD change to DELL 2408wfp? I read that it has 30-35MS input lag but is it noticeable under ordinary gaming? (I don't do any FPS online) Is it worth going for the Dell 2408wfp? Thanks

side Q : Is a gtx 285 enough to run games on maxed settings with some AA on 24"? Why is it that I see people going for sli for 24" as if it's a necessity?

ok guys I've decided to go for the BENQ monitor (cheaper) . any idea on the difference between the screen of G2400W vs G2400WD especially about the input lag? Can anyone test it.. have to make my buying decision real soon like..... now lol

From what I've read, if you're doing any intensely fast games then get the BenQ. If not, then get the Dell or HP (HP is supposed to be better than the Dell). As far as W vs. WD, I can't remember but thought the WD was better. Should be an explanation somewhere in this thread I think.

skaarjMaster, thank you for your reply. By intensely fast games you mean online multiplayer FPS? I play whatever pc game that is available out there but I don't play any online multiplayer games don't really have the time for it. I checked out the display quality on youtube and dell 2408wfp looks amazing compared to the other monitors that have TN panel(hence, I'm stuck again). Can you recommend a monitor that has the same panel as DELL and yet performs better than it in terms of input lag? However, the price range has to be somewhat around that of Dell 2408wfp as well. If there's one that comes at $80-100 pricier I wouldn't mind paying extra for it

Last edited:
If price is a factor, then maybe you already found your monitor. Anyone else want to chime in that knows more, because that's all I know? Oh, and I mean anything in the Unreal Tournament series.:)

Is there someone who owns the G2400WD and a PS3, who is also able to post some shots of games running at 720p? That would be great, as I am considering purchasing this monitor.

I myself am still trying to decide on the BenQ G2400WD , or the Dell2408. Id rather get the Dell, (I read the input lag is not as bad on the newer revisions. I play WoW and wonder if I would notice it.??

I think I have read every thread on 24 in displays on every tech forum and I still cant pull the trigger on either one...lol

Everytime I make up my mind I read something that turns me off of one or the other, shopping for a 24 in display has proven to be both a nightmare and a great learning experience...:)

After 4 months of steady use my screen has decided to flip out on me. It started first with it cycling modes on its own, nothing that powercycling couldnt fix. Until it happened again....then again...then again. Today it came to the point where just leaving it on would cycle modes like some schizo that forgot to take his meds in the morning. Well after leaving it off awhile I turned it on and figured I would let it cycle modes for a little while to see if it would stop. It stopped but now none of the buttons on the screen work except mode and input. Power doesnt even turn it off. Something must have fizzled there, now I'll need to RMA this sucker but I doubt I even have the box anymore. *sigh*

Anyone know of a good place to buy this monitor? Considering the slightly-better (in some respects) V2400W is on BenQ's site for $300, it seems silly to pay more than that but I have had zero luck finding a price for the G beneath $300.

Yea, I bought the g2400wd on ncixus.com for $258.61 last week, with no dead pixels. Check the website every week as the deal is a weekly special so you might have to wait a month before you can get it that cheap.

Im using it on my Xbox 360 through VGA, and it's great.
The only problem I can think of is that you cant use 1:1 pixel mapping at 1920x1080 over VGA, therefore im running it at 1680x1050 on aspect mode.

How great is the difference between 1920x1080 at 1:1 and 1680x1050 on aspect mode through hdmi?

It would be great if someone posted comparison pictures because im debating on whether I should buy a madcatz hdmi adapter for the xbox so I can use 1920x1080 at 1:1.
It would also help others trying to figure it out too.

Took a while, but I got through to NCIXUS's customer support line. CS rep. told me he couldn't adjust prices but not because he didn't want to - seemed honest in his answers. He suggested I try next week. Guess its displaylessville for me 'til then!

Last edited:
Just found out NCIXUS has this in stock for $267.85 + $38.84 (omfg) shipping = $306.69.

I'm starting to think this monitor isn't worth shelling that kind of dough out for anymore. For another $100 bucks you can get a refurb. LP2475W IPS monitor with inputs galore. Anyone else feel this monitor is overpriced? (especially since its what, two years old?)

recently i got a HDMI cable, everything works well with this monitor with HDMI, except when monitor goes to sleep. It changes to BLUE color on the screen, not bsod but BLUE SCREEN, as soon as a move my mouse it goes back to desktop. If i walk away, monitor goes to sleep and its BLUE when i come back lol... using 9.4 WQHL from 5/5 on 4890's Windows 7

I FINALLY got two of these monitors in at work for me to use. No complaints, they work really well and despite being TN panels the viewing angles aren't nearly as bad as my LG monitor at home.

Just got myself the G2400WD for 199€ and I think it was a good buy. The only minus so far has been the menu buttons' texts which are hard to see without proper light. And it's only adjustable in up/down axis.

I just picked up 3 of these refurb, they did not come with a manual, driver cd, or DVI cables, just VGA. I'm running 2 off an old Radeon 9250, 1 on DVI and 1 on VGA, and one on VGA off the internal Intel chipset on the mobo. Just a temporary setup on my old desktop for now, till I build a new system.

Should I have any issues running them like that though? The one on DVI keeps flashing off and displaying the DVI input screen, and sometimes it stops working and flashes an Out of Range ! message.. It's also the only one Windows won't detect as a BenQ G2400W, it thinks its a Dell 2407WFP, and I can't get Windows to select the right driver for it. Any advie here?

Also having a bit of trouble arranging all 3 in the right order, or finding a way in Windows to properly display a widescreen 3 monitor wallpaper. Anyone know where to find some good 5760x1200 wallpapers?

What are the best color, brightness, contract, and sharpness settings on these? Whats the best way to set them, and check for any bad pixels?

Last edited:
Back