BenQ G2400W

Just recieved my G2400WD and was wondering if anyone has had color uniformity problems on the display?

On dark screens I notice that the top 20% of the screen comes out darker than the rest of the screen. I can drag these forums down the screen and notice a shift in the color of gray in posts.

Is this viewing angles or am I seeing something else. Not sure if it bothers me enough to return it but if it is a viewing angle problem it would make it an easier decision.

Just recieved my G2400WD and was wondering if anyone has had color uniformity problems on the display?

On dark screens I notice that the top 20% of the screen comes out darker than the rest of the screen. I can drag these forums down the screen and notice a shift in the color of gray in posts.

Is this viewing angles or am I seeing something else. Not sure if it bothers me enough to return it but if it is a viewing angle problem it would make it an easier decision.

I'm no expert, but I can attest to this monitor suffering from the usual TN viewing angle problem - yes, I, too, see the grey color shift at the top of the screen on these forums. Nothing I wouldn't expect from a TN panel of this size, however.

I'm no expert, but I can attest to this monitor suffering from the usual TN viewing angle problem - yes, I, too, see the grey color shift at the top of the screen on these forums. Nothing I wouldn't expect from a TN panel of this size, however.
Thanks for the reply. The monitor is gorgeous and has no dead or stuck pixels and only seems to have these color shifts on blacks/dark colors. It is a little annoying but I don't think it will bother me enough to want to return it, especially if this is a problem that is common to TN panels.

Hi,

A few days ago I bought a Benq g2400wd monitor. For the first few days the monitors auto adjustment key would work, but now nothing happens when I press it. Is my monitor defective? or have I just done something stupid which disabled the key? Any ideas from fellow g2400wd owners?

Thanks

I only run DVI so cant help!

Hi,

A few days ago I bought a Benq g2400wd monitor. For the first few days the monitors auto adjustment key would work, but now nothing happens when I press it. Is my monitor defective? or have I just done something stupid which disabled the key? Any ideas from fellow g2400wd owners?

Thanks

Maybe you changed the cable to DVI?

Guys, I need your help. I've found a good deal on this monitor, 250 €. Should I go ahead? I was thinking of buying a S/H-IPS monitor but I'll only use it for gaming. Oh, what should I do?

Guys, I need your help. I've found a good deal on this monitor, 250 €. Should I go ahead? I was thinking of buying a S/H-IPS monitor but I'll only use it for gaming. Oh, what should I do?
If you are going to use it for gaming, a TN panel is much better than a S/H-IPS panel. Also, this is a good panel for gaming, one of the best.

They do say one should not be cheap when it comes to monitors as they are seldom upgraded. That is what lead me to want to buy a IPS monitor but... would it really be worth the extra money if I would just use it for gaming and general usage? No one wants to end up with a crappy cheap monitor :/ Coming from a Samsung 940BW...

It's too bad that the G2400WD doesn't have height adjustment.

After looking at some reviews, on here, Anandtech, DigitalVersus, and what not, I think I might finally be ready to get rid of my 19" crt for this. My question is (I've looked through the thread some, but it is worth asking) which model is the best for gaming? The V2400W, G2400WD, or the E2400HD? I still play a bit of quake3 which is why I've been hesitant to upgrade to an LCD, but it appears as though this is one of th best LCDs for gaming.

Thanks!

I thought about that too when I was considering this model, but I figured that you could buy a nice new/used height adjustable stand on ebay for $20, or one from a place like newegg for $40-$50.

Well, I just bought it. Now the waiting game begins. Bloody luck. A while ago it was available and ready to ship, now it's available but en route from supplier 24/72h :mad:

I received my G2400WD today (ATI CCC say it's G2400W, is it normal?).

OMG this thing is huge, going from a tiny 19" screen to this is night and day. First thing, yes indeed it buzzes. Not as bad as I thought it did but for someone with a silent PC like me it gets distracting if there is no other noise in the room.

The default color setting doesn't seem right. Hardforum's colors look all wrong. The Reddish setting appears better, I'm a noob though, what do I know?

Also, stand sucks, the monitor wobbles very easily. Plus, it seems that the monitor isn't properly aligned with the stand? The screen seems to be slightly rotated to the right while the stand is straight. Defect? Normal? Optical illusion? All I know is that it's getting on my nerves.

I've had this monitor for 2-3 years now and love the picture compared to my old 19".

Only problem I've had with it is not waking up once the monitor goes into hibernation. I've always got to power cycle the monitor to get the display back up.

It's just the fading effect, all TNs do this. Mine does it too its nothing to worry about.

They do say one should not be cheap when it comes to monitors as they are seldom upgraded. That is what lead me to want to buy a IPS monitor but... would it really be worth the extra money if I would just use it for gaming and general usage? No one wants to end up with a crappy cheap monitor :/ Coming from a Samsung 940BW...

As said for games only the g2400wd is great. Better than more expensive non-TN's imo.
I have a book under mine. Considering the price of this monitor, no height adjust is nothing to worry about, easily solved with a book.

Seriously this gorgeous 24" can be had for 250-300 bucks its such a great deal =)

I really want to pull the trigger on a G2400WD, but I'm concerned with this input lag everyone talks about. Is it really that much higher on the WD?

I'm not sure if this has been answered before but do you think the default brightness setting (90) is good enough in terms of colour accuracy or should I use a lower setting?

I really want to pull the trigger on a G2400WD, but I'm concerned with this input lag everyone talks about. Is it really that much higher on the WD?

Dunno where you heard that, but these screens are known and have been tested in this forum & elsewhere to have very low input lag.

Thanks for the reply. The monitor is gorgeous and has no dead or stuck pixels and only seems to have these color shifts on blacks/dark colors. It is a little annoying but I don't think it will bother me enough to want to return it, especially if this is a problem that is common to TN panels.

ouch
does anyone know if all big TN monitors have this problem?

FYI - saw this display on ncixus for 254 (not including shipping) yesterday...just checked again and it is back up to 369.99, the promo was due to end on 3/31 not today :confused:...good thing I placed the order yesterday...hope I get it shipped soon without issues.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=31200&vpn=G2400WD&manufacture=BenQ

Edit: now it's back to it's sale price...dunno what is going on with this site :)

If you go to just ncix.com, everything is in Canadian dollars. ncixus.com has the prices in USD. You can order from either one, and it will convert it for you, but if you want to see the US prices use ncixus.com

If you go to just ncix.com, everything is in Canadian dollars. ncixus.com has the prices in USD. You can order from either one, and it will convert it for you, but if you want to see the US prices use ncixus.com

Wow, what a dope I am today...thanks for the clarification :D

Well, just to update, received mine last night. Surprised by how flimsy the packaging was but opening it revealed it to be in perfect condition. After putting it together and plugging everything in, booted my PC and everything looked fine. Had to manually set the native res to 1920x1200 and install the monitor driver. First impressions are very good, big, beautiful and most importantly, no dead or stuck pixels which was a big relief to me. Lowered the brightness a little but otherwise have not made any other big changes, out of the box, seems pretty well calibrated though i'm no expert.

Played Fear 2 and a couple of sport games and been very impressed with how it looks and performs at high res. Counting myself fortunate to receive it in good condition with no obvious defects (ran pixel buddy to check for those pesky dead/stuck pixels and found none). Also, I thought there was very little backlight bleed, almost undetectable without really staring and looking for it. Overall, extremely happy with my choice. Happy to provide any further info on this if anyone has interest and/or is considering this for purchase.

Happy to provide any further info on this if anyone has interest and/or is considering this for purchase.

Do you have a console connected to it? How do you like it? any pics :) thanks!

I'm thinking of getting one of these or an asus vw246h for gaming and am going from a 32" TV and want to know if there would be a huge difference in downgrading to a smaller monitor so if anyone else has pics or even just pics of a console (360/ps3) next to the monitor so we can have a sense of scale that would be awesome :D

FYI - saw this display on ncixus for 254 (not including shipping) yesterday...just checked again and it is back up to 369.99, the promo was due to end on 3/31 not today :confused:...good thing I placed the order yesterday...hope I get it shipped soon without issues.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=31200&vpn=G2400WD&manufacture=BenQ

Edit: now it's back to it's sale price...dunno what is going on with this site :)

its i shame that i cant buy it because i can only pay though paypal and im not in the us (even though i would ship it to miami):(:(:(:(

How does this monitor work in a dual monitor environment? I just bought a 19" from the Egg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

And saw the BenQ G2200W 24" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor 1680 x 1050 WSXGA+ 2500:1 Contrast and am thinking of getting it and either selling the 19 or sending it back to new egg. Nothing is wrong with the 19 but we are using dual 24's at work and it's hard to come home to a 19 :p

What do you think about this monitor? I run vista 64 on a quadcore Q6600, I play some games like Prince of Persia but mostly Dawn of War 2.

Is this a good choice for a monitor for Dual View?

Thanks!

How do they compae to the Hanns·G?
I was on a site who was advertising the 22" model name as a 24". I want dual monitors and either I will buy another 19" Hanns-G or buy 2 of the 22's.

IMO The G2400WD is still the undisputed king of 24" TN's. I was just at a new friends house, he has the 26" asus people keep raving about. The text was not nearly as crisp as the benq, blacks were not as dark, and it had dead pixels.

I of course neglected to mention that my monitor looks better in pretty much every way and cost much less mwahaha

Well I saw the 22 advertised as a 24 for $160 and I was thinking of grabbing it to replace a 19" I just bought. But since it's only a 22 I am thinking I might stay with the 19 and then grab another 19 in a month or so but I still havent made up my mind.

Well, just to update, received mine last night. Surprised by how flimsy the packaging was but opening it revealed it to be in perfect condition. After putting it together and plugging everything in, booted my PC and everything looked fine. Had to manually set the native res to 1920x1200 and install the monitor driver. First impressions are very good, big, beautiful and most importantly, no dead or stuck pixels which was a big relief to me. Lowered the brightness a little but otherwise have not made any other big changes, out of the box, seems pretty well calibrated though i'm no expert.

Played Fear 2 and a couple of sport games and been very impressed with how it looks and performs at high res. Counting myself fortunate to receive it in good condition with no obvious defects (ran pixel buddy to check for those pesky dead/stuck pixels and found none). Also, I thought there was very little backlight bleed, almost undetectable without really staring and looking for it. Overall, extremely happy with my choice. Happy to provide any further info on this if anyone has interest and/or is considering this for purchase.

Ok well i've owned my G2400WD for a week or so now...thought everything was perfect, I had been noticing some strange gray areas on bright backgrounds, particularly when web browsing. I ran pixel buddy again and while on the white background noticed these again. Now, I am VERY new to LCD technology so can anyone tell me (to the best of their opinion/knowledge), does the attached link to a pic showing the gray areas (sorry it's not any clearer), indicate some kind of flaw/defect or is this just "the way TN panels are"? Other than this, I am most happy with the panel. I would very much appreciate any opinion before I consider my options. Thanks!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8966/img8413.jpg

Edit: It seems that viewing from higher up i.e. having the top of the monitor more on eye-level so i'm looking down the screen more appears to improve it somewhat. I guess this indicates this is more to do with the vertical viewing angle issues that TN panels have at a guess? Additionally, i'm finding the viewing angles on this thing are way worse than I anticipated. Specs say it's 160/160...well if they are claiming that this means you can see an acceptable image to 160 degrees then that is ludicrous. I see degradation in the image at like 60 degrees plus.

Last edited:
Would I be able to plug in a HD Directv satellite box to the monitor through hdmi? I'd rather be able to use the monitor as a PC/TV rather than splurging on a TV for a few more years.

If so, I take it with the 1:1 pixel mapping it would be the same deal with the xbox, where it wouldn't stretch the image? Also, would the monitor support all HDTV modes?

I think you need a channel box
131l1057.jpg

If that photo is realistic, that looks like very poor uniformity to me.

This isn't TN panel specific as it can be on any panel.

Ok well i've owned my G2400WD for a week or so now...thought everything was perfect, I had been noticing some strange gray areas on bright backgrounds, particularly when web browsing. I ran pixel buddy again and while on the white background noticed these again. Now, I am VERY new to LCD technology so can anyone tell me (to the best of their opinion/knowledge), does the attached link to a pic showing the gray areas (sorry it's not any clearer), indicate some kind of flaw/defect or is this just "the way TN panels are"? Other than this, I am most happy with the panel. I would very much appreciate any opinion before I consider my options. Thanks!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8966/img8413.jpg

Edit: It seems that viewing from higher up i.e. having the top of the monitor more on eye-level so i'm looking down the screen more appears to improve it somewhat. I guess this indicates this is more to do with the vertical viewing angle issues that TN panels have at a guess? Additionally, i'm finding the viewing angles on this thing are way worse than I anticipated. Specs say it's 160/160...well if they are claiming that this means you can see an acceptable image to 160 degrees then that is ludicrous. I see degradation in the image at like 60 degrees plus.

Thanks...I assume there is no real way to "fix" this? I mean, it is driving me to distraction when i'm doing desktop stuff. I don't really want to go through the return hassles but I may have to for my own sanity. Anything you can recommend? I have tried different cables, all kinds of calibration settings, nothing seems to change it

Excuse any ignorance on my part but is "poor uniformity" grounds to say that an LCD panel is defective or not? I am in the process of getting an RMA but don't really want to eat a 15% re-stocking fee on top of additonal shipping costs as well if they are going to turnaround and say there's nothing wrong with it. Would this be considered a defect? Thanks.

Excuse any ignorance on my part but is "poor uniformity" grounds to say that an LCD panel is defective or not? I am in the process of getting an RMA but don't really want to eat a 15% re-stocking fee on top of additonal shipping costs as well if they are going to turnaround and say there's nothing wrong with it. Would this be considered a defect? Thanks.

Darn right it is. When I want white, or grey or any other color, I don't want something resembling a camouflaged mess on my screen, so it should be. And it's not something that is "quantifiable" like dead pixels, so it should be a general issue for return.

Good luck on the RMA.

Darn right it is. When I want white, or grey or any other color, I don't want something resembling a camouflaged mess on my screen, so it should be. And it's not something that is "quantifiable" like dead pixels, so it should be a general issue for return.

Good luck on the RMA.

10e - thank you so much, I appreciate the advice and good wishes!

Regards

Back