Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

I've gotten at least 300, failed at 310. I didn't test in between 300 and 310, though.

wow. if the biostar board can do this much, just think about what the dfi will be able to do! i'd be pretty happy w/ just 300 already, though. 2.7ghz w/ a x9 multi, and some fat divider for my cheapo ram :)

well, a full atx board will probably still be better (dfi lp ultra-d or whatever vs dfi tforce?), even if the matx board is able to hit as high as the atx, theres still the heat to consider. matx is usually for a smaller case, which means not so good cooling compared to a full atx case. i'd say around 325 would be the limit anyways w/ x9, if not cuz of temps (on air), then cuz the processor cant handle more.

yeah your right, the only reason I left atx was because my last case was a steel ThermalTake Xaser3.

it made my nads hurt when I picked it up :eek:

I just wish the Lian Li 7AW series was available in the UK

holy crap 12 multiplier. thats a little excessive with a decent board, dont you think? i mean, w/ the minimum 300 fsb that you want to be gotten out of a board, thats 3.6ghz! what are you planning to do, use phase change in a micro atx case? :p

ps: i dont really know what phase change is, i just know its similar to water cooling but a lot better. and it sounds cooler.

It might seem excessive but as far as I am concerned, I have never had good luck with AMD boards and high HTT. I had the cash and I figured why not.

I bought this board last week and took a sledge hammer to my ecs rs480. This thing ocs nicely I am able to get my 4000+ to 2880mghz with a fsb of 240. I know I could get fsb higher but the voltage only goes to 2.9v and I am running 4 sticks of ocz pc4000 vx @512 mb each also @2-2-5-2 timings. I also was wondering about the missing northbridge voltage control in the bios. It seems to adjust automatically though. I am really pleased with this board. I am runnig what I mentioned above in a qpack case that is water cooled using all danger den products(all I ever use) with an xfx 7800 gtx oc card and I am able to get above 9000 on 3dmark 05 This thing runs as fast as my dfi lanparty board with these components!!! Sweet mobo!! hmm been a while since I have been in here I guess I need to chang my sig.

Damn sweet dude! Did you manage to fit all the watercooling components inside the QPACK or is it partially external?

Neutraleyes said:
Damn sweet dude! Did you manage to fit all the watercooling components inside the QPACK or is it partially external?
I mounted by way of u shaped sheet metal, two pro ice rads to the bottom of the case with a d5 pump between them. Looks good.

MsB said:
I know I could get fsb higher but the voltage only goes to 2.9v and I am running 4 sticks of ocz pc4000 vx @512 mb each also @2-2-5-2 timings
4 sticks @ 2-2-2-5 timings, hmm? Divider on AUTO still?

sleepeeg3 said:
4 sticks @ 2-2-2-5 timings, hmm? Divider on AUTO still?
by divider you mean what? I have bios set at 2 t for memory and 4 times on htt and 2.9 v

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0110.jpg

Ill post a pic of the semi finished product in the morning Im still doing a few things to it tonight(lanparty tommorrow) and I dont want to put the cover on it.

I love the balancing act that CD is pulling in the 5th picture! :p It's like defying the law of gravity. I don't feel so bad now about the messes I make when putting things together.

Why didn't you just use a tower? :confused:

sleepeeg3 said:
I love the balancing act that CD is pulling in the 5th picture! :p It's like defying the law of gravity. I don't feel so bad now about the messes I make when putting things together.

Why didn't you just use a tower? :confused:
Its a lan rig.I wanted something smaller. Besides its fun to create new beasts. In hind sight with the good job the rads are doing I should have used two dual micro radiators it would have made it at least 2-3 inchs shorter. I may still re do it with them.

Was stuck at 239 HTT as well. After the bios update ended up loving this board.

Can I play too with my lowly geforce 6100-m7? ;)
(it's the lowest of the low for the 6100+410chip on 754pin)

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2254/20051028225x12geforce6100m71xb.png
225 x 12 = 2700mhz stable @ 1.55v ram timing 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.80v

mobo: Biostar Geforce 6100-M7 rev a2
cpu: 3700 clawhammer 754
ADA3700AEP5AR CAA2C 0445 SPMW 1146632K40277 Malaysia (27872)

air-cooled on a somewhat lapped, venus-12 reversed to "suck" with an improvised duct

I know the above is nothing to brag about but I'm coming from an XP 2400 so all this speed is fun for me.

Now to read up on this HTT stuff and see if I can make it more efficient
Any suggestions are well appreciated..

btw: cpu $154 + motherboard $56 + 512mb $10AR + $23 heatsink/fan

Anyone repost cu51ma12.bst?

I cant find it anywhere...

Tengis said:
Anyone repost cu51ma12.bst?

I cant find it anywhere...

Me too. I put in the new bios from biostar, but I get problems around 220 fsb. Resets bios at 230.

How about trying this BIOS I'm running right now. http://home.comcast.net/~rog000/CU51MB02.zip

As far as I can tell, it fixes:
1) HTT multi problem
2) Add Smart Fan Control
3) Add DRAM timing parameters

But, the CPU VID settings are a little off after 1.550V, you need to check your voltage settings are correct in CPU-Z.

My htt is locked at 600fsb my programs tell me when I set it to manual OC. As well as the 230fsb and higher won't work. Can not go any higher then this at the molment, if I go higher I get errors cus the HTT is so high and unchangeable despite the use of htt at 1x. Anybody with the same prob and are they going to fix it soon? I hope so, and I don't think that 02 bios is for the Tforce6100 is it? Looks like a new build to me if it was. Its MB not MA like cr51ma12. Is that newer?

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=47770

Originally Posted by Serge84
My htt is locked at 600fsb my programs tell me when I set it to manual OC. As well as the 230fsb and higher won't work. Can not go any higher then this at the molment, if I go higher I get errors cus the HTT is so high and unchangeable despite the use of htt at 1x. Anybody with the same prob and are they going to fix it soon? I hope so, and I don't think that 02 bios is for the Tforce6100 is it? Looks like a new build to me if it was. Its MB not MA like cr51ma12. Is that newer?
Check the earlier posts of this thread, the first BIOS on the Tforce6100-939 had this 230FSB problem. newer BIOSes afterwards fixed it. Then there was the HTT problem of being locked at HTT x4 even though you have a lower HTT multi set in the BIOS. This BIOS I just posted above fixes this latest problem. I just got my Tforce6100-939 mobo (with B02 BIOS) Prime95 stable for 10 hours at 324FSB with HTT multi at x3 (I can't go any higher cuz my ram sucks). These boards overclock very nicely, I'm very happy with it so far.

EDIT: Actually I couldn't get the BIOS to post with 324FSB, but I posted with 300FSB then used the Biostar o/c utility to get up to 324FSB.

The "A12" and "B02" are datecodes in hexadecimal, I think. i.e. 10-12 and 11-02 because these are exactly the dates that Biostar sent me the BIOSes. Please make note, these BIOSes are ONLY FOR Tforce6100-939. I wouldn't recommend using it for Tforce6100-754 or the even non-Tforce Geforce6100 boards.

mr-busta said:
Check the earlier posts of this thread, the first BIOS on the Tforce6100-939 had this 230FSB problem. newer BIOSes afterwards fixed it. Then there was the HTT problem of being locked at HTT x4 even though you have a lower HTT multi set in the BIOS. This BIOS I just posted above fixes this latest problem. I just got my Tforce6100-939 mobo (with B02 BIOS) Prime95 stable for 10 hours at 324FSB with HTT multi at x3 (I can't go any higher cuz my ram sucks). These boards overclock very nicely, I'm very happy with it so far.

EDIT: Actually I couldn't get the BIOS to post with 324FSB, but I posted with 300FSB then used the Biostar o/c utility to get up to 324FSB.

The "A12" and "B02" are datecodes in hexadecimal, I think. i.e. 10-12 and 11-02 because these are exactly the dates that Biostar sent me the BIOSes. Please make note, these BIOSes are ONLY FOR Tforce6100-939. I wouldn't recommend using it for Tforce6100-754 or the even non-Tforce Geforce6100 boards.

I hope they make a new bios for the 754 soon. Actouly my 754 is running at 1000htt and can like a 939, has a htt setting of 5x 1000htt. As you can see in my OC tho its older but the CPUZ is mine. I have been able to get to 354fsb but errors after 331fsb. Stupid multiplyer is stuck tho so I can't go any higher. I ment about the 230fsb on the ram. Had no prob with the fsb on the CPU. This board can go alot higher. My kingston hyper x ram is just dieing to be pushed higher then 500mhz like in my old board. This tforce is very awesome. Bet I could hit 400fsb or 450fsb if I only had those 2 limits knocked off the bios. HTT and Mem fsb are limiting me. Can't make them higher cus the settings are screwed for now. Can't wait until they resolve all this in the new build.

Could you see if you could find out if a new bios is coming out for the 754's soon? Would really appreceate it if you could post that build when it comes out. I can't find a new build of it anyware yet if they made a new one yet. Its been long enough. But I guess the higher sockit numbers get theres 1st.

mr-busta said:
Serge84, did you try this BIOS from the Biostar T-force site: http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/download/download_bios.php (CR51MA14.BST)
If that doesn't work, try pinging their e-support tech:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/support/online/index.php3
Select the Taiwan form because that's where their engineers are. They've resolved both of my problems on the 230 FSB and HTT x4 lock. Fairly responsive tech support.

That bios is old, installed that one awile back. Didn't work. I called there tech support vea email days ago but got no responce yet, I tryed both usa and taiwan. I hope they do soon. Why I'm here, so alot of ppl have had the same prob. Well thinks for your help anyways.

mr-busta said:
Ok, I've had a little bit more time to play with it tonight... I've turned down the multipliers (CPU and HT) as well as the memory mutliplier and cranked up the CPU bus......... but it just won't go above 230Mhz. I'm pretty bummed, with all the oc settings this mobo has, what use are they if it won't go above 230?

Maybe I just have a bad board, don't know... let me know if anyone's got some decent speed out of this mobo

did you change the memory overvoltage?

Originally Posted by Panther5060
did you change the memory overvoltage?
You're quoting a rather old post. This was fixed by a BIOS update. And yes, I did have the memory overvoltage jumper on 1-2.

Hi,

few days ago i bought me a TForce 6100-754 and the new Sempron 64Bit 1800MHz. I'm using the CPU @ 2205MHz Basic Voltage. It's running fine :) but two of the Tools that were included don't work. Someone has same Problems? :confused:
CPU@2205MHz SiSoft.jpg

CPU@2205MHz.jpg

GamePC.jpg

OverClkError.jpg

OverClk.exe has caused error... :(

Problem1.jpg

Back