COD5 sucks. I mean really....just say no to this one.

Hey. Heads up. It's a video game.

If you want real sounds, faction-specific weapons, the ability to hear the enemy footsteps, and undeniable realism, go join the army/marines.

Stop bitching and man up. You're playing a toy.

And Santa Clause isn't real too!

I'm not getting it strictly because any army can use any weapon.

Watching a german fire a Thompson with a scope on it is retarded. Just like the Japanese firing an MP-40 with a silencer is stupid.

United Offensive was my favorite CoD multiplayer. CoD:4 is fun but frustrating and I could barely take the lack of realism. Taking the realism out of WW2 = not buying.

It's a game.

I could write a long, long list of things that are "unrealistic" about it besides the fact that either side can choose any weapon.

Go and play red orchestra or something.

If you want real sounds, faction-specific weapons, the ability to hear the enemy footsteps, and undeniable realism, go join the army/marines.

Oh! So just because he wants semi-realistic sound in a videogame he's a pussy bitching just for the heck of it? Great logic there Jack. Why don't you grow up a bit and let the adults talk for a moment?

Next thing you'll be complaining that people who want realistic graphics are little pussies as well and need to go to the army or some other shit.

Oh, and for those bawwwwing about the "unrealistic" weapon sounds, the joke is on you...

If you watch the development diary videos, they actually went to a firing range and made their own recordings of every weapon used in the game.

So the sounds are realistic. They don't really sound like they do in the movies, sorry.

Oh! So just because he wants semi-realistic sound in a videogame he's a pussy bitching just for the heck of it? Great logic there Jack. Why don't you grow up a bit and let the adults talk for a moment?

Next thing you'll be complaining that people who want realistic graphics are little pussies as well and need to go to the army or some other shit.

Adults? You all are bitching about a WW2-based video game.

I have just confirmed with outside sources: Santa Claus is indeed a fraud.

COD4 redesign by another team was the way to go.. Never should have given it back to those idiots.

I think they're branching the CoD series into two streams now... these guys are doing the WW2 CoD games, while Infinity Works on the Modern Warfare CoD games.

Listen stud, it's called entertainment, and if the product sucks, it sucks.

I was in the military. Maybe that is why I have less tolerance for half-assed efforts like this one? Don't know. Look, I don't hate the game, just do not believe it is a good value for full retail price.

Calling me a pussy? lol Thanks. Don't recall the last time anyone ever said that to me seriously. I am sure you meant it in a good way so tell your mom thanks for the pie.

Oh, and for those bawwwwing about the "unrealistic" weapon sounds, the joke is on you...

If you watch the development diary videos, they actually went to a firing range and made their own recordings of every weapon used in the game.

So the sounds are realistic. They don't really sound like they do in the movies, sorry.

It's not that they're unrealistic, it's that in cod 4 i can tell where I was getting shot from and in this one I can't. Maybe it's cuz I played it half asleep (only played it one night cuz of exams).

Does anyone else find it difficult to tell what direction you're being shot from? This could just be me...

Gonna play some more tonight and really pay attention.

It's not that they're unrealistic, it's that in cod 4 i can tell where I was getting shot from and in this one I can't. Maybe it's cuz I played it half asleep (only played it one night cuz of exams).

Does anyone else find it difficult to tell what direction you're being shot from? This could just be me...

Gonna play some more tonight and really pay attention.

no you're not the only one, it's very difficult to tell where you're getting shot from. the only complaint i agree with is the horrible sound effects. i'm not a gun nut and i've only fired a variety of handguns but i can tell you that the sound effects in this beta are just not loud enough. obviously the volume won't be true to life, but they definitely need to be louder. in spite of this i'm having a ton of fun with the beta. i will definitely buy this game.

cod3 was pretty badass, while it was similar to cod2 it was not a bad game at all

Does anyone else not give a shit about COD5 multiplayer andjust hopes for another good single player campaign?

Does anyone else not give a shit about COD5 multiplayer andjust hopes for another good single player campaign?

It's the other way around for me-- I don't give a shit about single player and I want multiplayer to be the main focus. However, campaign co-op is another story. Co-op makes even the shittiest single-player game fun.

$50 for a mod with bad sound and constant crashes.

If they fix it and make it $20 like it should be, I am all about it. As is, there are better mods available for free.

I want to play this game. I am pissed that there is nothing worth a crap to play atm. All of the recent releases are good games but nothing for multiplayer fps like the BF series. It is killing me.

They tried to implement squads in COD5 but failed. All it does is make people in you squad the same color on the map.

There are plenty of hacks available for this game due to the use of the Q3 engine. This is also why I am not playing cod4 btw.

The game will not launch in a stable state. If you buy it on release, expect trouble for at least the first month.
You are one little whiner :p. COD5 never has crashed on me once and everything is fine. Hacks is the reason you don't play COD4? Well, that's too bad buddy. Let me tell ya, that game is fun as phuck and I have been playing it since release. People like you, sir, have called me a hacker, as well as others with good scores. Yet, I am either blind, or I was unable to spot a hacker, I simply have fun pwning noobs.
You can't hear anyone, even if they are shooting it is tough to tell where, and the developers think it is perfect. That confuses the hell out of me. The maps are still tiny. It is still CSSOD. The kicker is wanting $50 for the game. I can't get with that. Even Warhead was only $30 and now it is $20.

Just not worth it imo. Just me but I am also fed up with cod4 and the constant wtf? was that lag, hack, etc in pubs and the complete lack of any other competition except for S&D which is just awfully repetitive.

Bitch, bitch, bitch, about what? Do not like the beta? Fine, move on. Quit trying to tell everybody that the game blows and that is the only perspective to view the situation from, yo.

Sounds are bad? Maybe you sir need better hearing, or soundcard? I can hear where the shots are coming from,. I can hear the footsteps, it's done well. My gripe is with the sounds of certain weapons, that is all though.

And maps? What is exactly wrong with theme? They make for a perfect assault. Unlike most maps in COD5, every single one of these maps lets you do whatever. If you are into scoping, you have many spots to scope from, if you like running and gunning, fine, you have choices on them maps also.

COD has always been about MP experience to me, with a good SP game afterwards. I am more looking forward to the multiplayer of it, then the coop.

i'm over WWII... that was why COD4 was so fun.

there are a lot of people that share your feelings. when the market was flooded with WWII games a few years back i only really played three of them: RTCW and COD1/COD2. since i didn't burn out on them before i'm really looking forward to this one. for me this will be a nice change of pace from modern warfare as i've spent a ton of time playing COD4 and BF2.

I just want the one-shot bolt action rifles.

i play on a couple of good HC servers that have the health/damage settings balanced very well. all bolt actions are 1-shot kills and the semi-auto rifles take 2-4 shot. if you're playing the beta find a good HC server.

You are one little whiner :p. COD5 never has crashed on me once and everything is fine. Hacks is the reason you don't play COD4? Well, that's too bad buddy. Let me tell ya, that game is fun as phuck and I have been playing it since release. People like you, sir, have called me a hacker, as well as others with good scores. Yet, I am either blind, or I was unable to spot a hacker, I simply have fun pwning noobs.

Bitch, bitch, bitch, about what? Do not like the beta? Fine, move on. Quit trying to tell everybody that the game blows and that is the only perspective to view the situation from, yo.

Sounds are bad? Maybe you sir need better hearing, or soundcard? I can hear where the shots are coming from,. I can hear the footsteps, it's done well. My gripe is with the sounds of certain weapons, that is all though.

And maps? What is exactly wrong with theme? They make for a perfect assault. Unlike most maps in COD5, every single one of these maps lets you do whatever. If you are into scoping, you have many spots to scope from, if you like running and gunning, fine, you have choices on them maps also.

Glad you can. Apparently I can't hear anything with my crappy setup. It can't possibly be the game right?

BTW my xfire is spacemanspliff. Feel free to add me the next time you want to wear a knife for a hat.

BTW my xfire is spacemanspliff. Feel free to add me the next time you want to wear a knife for a hat.

wait...is that an e-threat to 'kick his ass' in game? am i reading this right?

"you're stupid"
"no you're stupid"
"lets settle this man-to-man in the [ACC] server at 3:00pm. winner walks away with pride and bragging rights"

this has to be unprecedented ground here. let me know if this goes down, i'll be watching this bitchin' e-fight.

The game runs great for me, almost as good as COD4. The game is fun, but as others have noted, the sounds are pretty bad. The graphics dont seem as good as COD4 for some reason? Some of the maps need a lot of work too.

i havn't had any problems, i actually like the multiplayer . but usually the only gun i use is the BAR. I still probably won't buy it though since im not interested in singleplayer and the multiplay is more of just a mod it seems. it would also depend on the full list of levels, i hate the roundhouse level.

yeah the sounds arnt great. i wish my BAR had more umph too it

Not sure I agree with everything Spaceman is saying, but I agree the beta sucked hard.
So many problems I foresee with the gameplay especially. I'd rather not go into details, but all in all it was a bad experience.

Glad you can. Apparently I can't hear anything with my crappy setup. It can't possibly be the game right?

Knife for a hat!!! lol!!!!! Thats gold Jerry gold!!!! Can I use that? I say this needs to be settled in the CODWAW Beta!!!!

I'm gonna wait for a single player review. Between Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead I'm not gonna need many new games for a while.... the leadup to the new Aliens FPS is gonna be insane for me. I'd kick my grandma in the box to play that game!

It's all in good fun.

I thought knife for a hat was good too. I love dropping in on people.

Back on topic. I remembered that I have DOD source on my steam account. Since it is basically cod5 but better I figured wtf and re-installed it.

It's all in good fun.

I thought knife for a hat was good too. I love dropping in on people.

Back on topic. I remembered that I have DOD source on my steam account. Since it is basically cod5 but better I figured wtf and re-installed it.

I've always preferred DOD Source to COD. I have alot more memories of squad tactics with it via Battle for Europe competitions. To me, COD is like the TF or Tribes version of FPS. Just kill things. Compared to DOD anyways.

Dawg, I am not trying to be a dick; you are just mad. You state your opinions as facts, when they are simply not. I can hear just fine, nothing to complain about. You make the game seem as if it is the worst thing since Age of Conan; when really, it is not.

I am stating the facts as I see them. IMO means in my opinion. I am not at all offended btw. It is all good.

-8 vs 0 = I can't hear shit. Since I depend so much on sound, it effects my timing. I suck b/c I am obsessing about the sound and not paying attention to what is going on. My problem sure.

The other fact is that the network and server code is incomplete and you will suffer disconnects until they figure that out.

Maybe the single player will be fun and there will be flamethrowers that don't suck. Who knows? All I am saying is don't buy it on release. Wait for the patch b/c otherwise you will be getting pissed off more often than not. Me? I wish they would make the martyrs and last stand noobs pink with tutus. That would make me happy.

Back