COD5 sucks. I mean really....just say no to this one.

Oh, and for those bawwwwing about the "unrealistic" weapon sounds, the joke is on you...

If you watch the development diary videos, they actually went to a firing range and made their own recordings of every weapon used in the game.

So the sounds are realistic. They don't really sound like they do in the movies, sorry.

Yeah, it's impossible that they were crap at recording the sounds. There are countless games and mods with sounds made from recordings of the guns, and they're all infinitely varied. Some people know what they're doing when it comes to recording those sounds, others don't.

Yeah, it's impossible that they were crap at recording the sounds. There are countless games and mods with sounds made from recordings of the guns, and they're all infinitely varied. Some people know what they're doing when it comes to recording those sounds, others don't.

I am from Texas. I got my first rifle at age 4. The gun sounds SUCK. I can make better effects with my ass and some beans.

but hey, I can't hear anything in the game so wtf do I know? lol

I am from Texas. I got my first rifle at age 4. The gun sounds SUCK. I can make better effects with my ass and some beans.

but hey, I can't hear anything in the game so wtf do I know? lol

Wally was arguing for your side.

edit: looks like you were just furthing his comments. nothing to see here....move along.

Wally was arguing for your side.

No matter! I am arguing with myself at this point.

So bored that I don't see anything else to play. Sigh.

35 is a bit early for the onset of dementia but I have had several head injuries lol.

35 is a bit early for the onset of dementia but I have had several head injuries lol.

That's the opposite for me, but then I'm 22. I have too many games to play and too little time to play them. And STILL more games to buy.

COD2 was the best one for the WWII theme. COD4 raised the bar to a new level or enjoyment and gameplay. Now COD5 is going back to the old school WWII theme and expect us to like it? pssh...I think not, for another 100th WWII enjoyment I'd rather play BIA:Hells Highway for that pleasure then old school COD5! COD6 will be set in the future! Rumors that it is!

That's the opposite for me, but then I'm 22. I have too many games to play and too little time to play them. And STILL more games to buy.

Get a younger brother or adopt a child and get him to play the games for you:D

I know few guys who loved UO, yet hated every other COD. Those guys are bored to shit, they are your age... lol
It must be the mid-age crisis.

I am the same way. I am looking at all of the games I have yet to play, oh man, there are a shitton. Too bad Fallout 3 is not set during oblivion time.

Well I'm not generally a fan of World War II games. Based on what I read in the original post I think I'm skipping this one for sure. I was on the fence, but I've decided now.

Also, I love WWII stuff. For some reason, I am involuntarily drawn to anything WWII. I am happy to see CoD continuing its adventures in the second world war. I am doubly happy to see them including the Pacific Theater.

It is a shame how rushed many games are nowadays and there continues to be no end in sight. Fortunately, I won't be touching the multiplayer here too much, so hopefully the Single Player and 4 player co-op are in well enough condition, because its gonna be pretty fun!

Hey guys guess what-----Call of Duty World at War is not Call of Duty 5.

Yes it is. They may not call it that, but it's exactly what it is. And it follows the "every cod that's an odd number (1 doesn't count) sucks ass" rule.

Also, I love WWII stuff. For some reason, I am involuntarily drawn to anything WWII. I am happy to see CoD continuing its adventures in the second world war. I am doubly happy to see them including the Pacific Theater.

It is a shame how rushed many games are nowadays and there continues to be no end in sight. Fortunately, I won't be touching the multiplayer here too much, so hopefully the Single Player and 4 player co-op are in well enough condition, because its gonna be pretty fun!
Your mistake. This thread is very negative. I love WW2 genre myself, this game is everything COD4 should have been to me. The MP is better than most games which have been released in the past few years; I really do not understand why there is so much bitching going on.... I think it's the PC gamer's stuck up mind, where they have this idea planted within them that says "every cod that's an odd number (1 doesn't count) sucks ass"
Yes it is. They may not call it that, but it's exactly what it is. And it follows the "every cod that's an odd number (1 doesn't count) sucks ass" rule.

yea ok, we won't miss you.

Your mistake. This thread is very negative. I love WW2 genre myself, this game is everything COD4 should have been to me. The MP is better than most games which have been released in the past few years; I really do not understand why there is so much bitching going on.... I think it's the PC gamer's stuck up mind, where they have this idea planted within them that says "every cod that's an odd number (1 doesn't count) sucks ass"

yea ok, we won't miss you.

and I can't hear you!!

yay!!!

WWII is not really about customizing your weapon and dogs.

Weapon customization in games is a videogamey representation of a very real phenomenon:

People like to customize and personalize their things! If you were given the chance, you'd add a mod or 2 to your gun that allowed you to be more effective with it. Videogames are videogamey, but often the things you are doing still make sense.

Also, there was plenty of dog training going on in the second world war.

The amount of negativity in this thread is outrageous. There can be the same amount of good things about WaW as there are bad, I'm not going to delve into it. All this is opinions, not fact.

WWII is not really about customizing your weapon and dogs.
Are you looking for a history lesson, or do you want to have fun?
I recommend Red Orchestra to you if you want Hardcore WWII nazi gameplay.

I would say 95% of the customizable weapons in CoD:WaW were actual custom upgrades that were available in the 1940's, ie.Bayonet, Rifle grenades, Drum clips, Bipods, Muzzle flash suppressor, Grip's for shot guns, Sniper scopes for bolt action rifles, sawed off double barrel shotgun.

I haven't read to much on this one yet... but whats up with the Natzi zombies....? :confused:

I dunno why people are flipping over this.

What's up with Nazi Zombies?-----Why not? Its an extra mode SEPERATE from the regular single player campaign and co-op compaigns. You unlock the mode after you complete the single player campaign. You DO NOT have to play this mode if you feel that it is a dumb addition.

Personally, I think its a great little "what if" additon to the game. Adds some extra mileage for your dollar.

The mode itself is a version of the "invasion" survival type mode in UT2K4. I believe some other games before it even had a mode like this, for example "Marathon". Gears of War 2 has a variant of Invasion it it as well. Its a neat addition and the WaW dev team probably figured that making it about zombies would help make it a bit more interesting and also capitalize on the zombie craze of current---and sell a few more copies.

Are you looking for a history lesson, or do you want to have fun?
I recommend Red Orchestra to you if you want Hardcore WWII nazi gameplay.

I would say 95% of the customizable weapons in CoD:WaW were actual custom upgrades that were available in the 1940's, ie.Bayonet, Rifle grenades, Drum clips, Bipods, Muzzle flash suppressor, Grip's for shot guns, Sniper scopes for bolt action rifles, sawed off double barrel shotgun.

Ron with common sense FTW....lol

Seriously, the added unlcoks/perks just make this game funner. The amount of choices you have is pretty cool, each class you make really does feel different and can fit any play style.

Why do I like the game?
Beta Maps - They offer fun for everybody, you choose the way you want to play. I really haven't seen maps as good as this since UO. Every one of the maps allows for a good sniper position, good flank, as well as an intense firefight at every objective. The maps, specifically roundhouse and the night map, feel vivid, atmospheric.

Game modes - WAR is a great game mode. You basically have to capture a flag for your team, then move on deeper behind enemy lines to capture more flags. The flag locations are nuts and often times you are stuck fighting it out with an enemy until one side gives up or gets smart. It's really intense and offers top notch firefights. Aside from that, the usual COD gametypes (HQ, SD, TDM, SAB,etc) are fun as well.

Weapons - I don't really mind the sounds. The knife sounds way too loud IMO, that's about it. Ron brought a good point up to me yesterday. He said that the gun sounds by other players sound sick, while your own gun sounds whimpy. Come to think of it, that is true to some extent. The guns could use better sounds. The customization level is pretty impressive as is. Every addon was indeed probably used during that era by some, they are pretty cool.

Rfiles are extremely fun to use, bring back memories of COD1/COD2. As you unlock a rifle, it is always a blast working towards unlocking a scope or whatever addon you want for it. MP44 looks kinda skinny and seems to be a bit too powerful. Pistols are actually good in this game and kill. With bandolier locked until 40, you often run out of ammo, if you are good that is. Thus, you are forced to pull a sidearm out and fight like a man. I haven't had this much fun using a pistol in any COD game, it sort of reminds me of CSS where pistols actually work. The tokarev pistol is my favorite by far. Bouncing betty is a claymore in this game, I haven't seen a claymore this cool yet. The freakin thing shoots up in the air and you basically have nowhere to run. Weapon textures could use a bit of work I think. I didn't mind it at first, but after playing COD4, I really noticed the difference, maps look top notch though.

Vehicles - The tanks are pretty interesting. Some think that they are overpowered, I laugh at them. You really have to know where to hit them, otherwise you are just shooting the armor. First time I tried killing a tank, I got pissed. It literally took me 6 rockets to get it down, I was shooting the sides :p. Tanks are really fun, however are a tad glitchy. At times you see a player model go through the tank which looks odd. The vehicle perks are cool though. Bazooka's are nice and as people begin to learn on how to take tanks down, it no longer becomes an overpowered machine.

SP Promise - I have had my doubts on how good the game would actually be utilizing COD4 engine and trying to re-create the realism of WW2. This beta has re-assured my desire to buy the game. Maps are extremely well done, I have high expectations for SP. Finally there will be a game with COOP mode, how cool is that?

Overall value - Judging by beta, this game is worth $50 to me just for the MP. COD4 with WW2 guns? Bitches please. It may run on the same engine and have very similar aspects proven to work, perks, menu.... but it's a whole different experience. Game feels slower paced and way different. There are welcome additions in the game which were desired in COD4, it makes it even better. Combat is funner and atmosphere is better to me.

I will be getting this game 110% at release as it is everything I have ever wanted COD4 to be, and then some. Maybe COD3 sucked, this game sure as hell not following it's footpaths. Are you also forgetting that these guys released UO? Which was one of the best COD games to me?

.... christ sake. Are people really complaining about NAZI ZOMBIES? How can you go wrong with Nazi zombies? You're in a pc gaming forum - please start acting like the nerds you are.

.... christ sake. Are people really complaining about NAZI ZOMBIES? How can you go wrong with Nazi zombies? You're in a pc gaming forum - please start acting like the nerds you are.

^^^ one of the more insightful posts in this thread. well said PoweredBySoy.

^^lols....I just started playing the online beta the other day, and I must say, its not bad...but the fact that cod5's campaign is gonna be shit ain't gonna change!

Ron with common sense FTW....lol

Seriously, the added unlcoks/perks just make this game funner. The amount of choices you have is pretty cool, each class you make really does feel different and can fit any play style.

Why do I like the game?
Beta Maps - They offer fun for everybody, you choose the way you want to play. I really haven't seen maps as good as this since UO. Every one of the maps allows for a good sniper position, good flank, as well as an intense firefight at every objective. The maps, specifically roundhouse and the night map, feel vivid, atmospheric.

Game modes - WAR is a great game mode. You basically have to capture a flag for your team, then move on deeper behind enemy lines to capture more flags. The flag locations are nuts and often times you are stuck fighting it out with an enemy until one side gives up or gets smart. It's really intense and offers top notch firefights. Aside from that, the usual COD gametypes (HQ, SD, TDM, SAB,etc) are fun as well.

Weapons - I don't really mind the sounds. The knife sounds way too loud IMO, that's about it. Ron brought a good point up to me yesterday. He said that the gun sounds by other players sound sick, while your own gun sounds whimpy. Come to think of it, that is true to some extent. The guns could use better sounds. The customization level is pretty impressive as is. Every addon was indeed probably used during that era by some, they are pretty cool.

Rfiles are extremely fun to use, bring back memories of COD1/COD2. As you unlock a rifle, it is always a blast working towards unlocking a scope or whatever addon you want for it. MP44 looks kinda skinny and seems to be a bit too powerful. Pistols are actually good in this game and kill. With bandolier locked until 40, you often run out of ammo, if you are good that is. Thus, you are forced to pull a sidearm out and fight like a man. I haven't had this much fun using a pistol in any COD game, it sort of reminds me of CSS where pistols actually work. The tokarev pistol is my favorite by far. Bouncing betty is a claymore in this game, I haven't seen a claymore this cool yet. The freakin thing shoots up in the air and you basically have nowhere to run. Weapon textures could use a bit of work I think. I didn't mind it at first, but after playing COD4, I really noticed the difference, maps look top notch though.

Vehicles - The tanks are pretty interesting. Some think that they are overpowered, I laugh at them. You really have to know where to hit them, otherwise you are just shooting the armor. First time I tried killing a tank, I got pissed. It literally took me 6 rockets to get it down, I was shooting the sides :p. Tanks are really fun, however are a tad glitchy. At times you see a player model go through the tank which looks odd. The vehicle perks are cool though. Bazooka's are nice and as people begin to learn on how to take tanks down, it no longer becomes an overpowered machine.

SP Promise - I have had my doubts on how good the game would actually be utilizing COD4 engine and trying to re-create the realism of WW2. This beta has re-assured my desire to buy the game. Maps are extremely well done, I have high expectations for SP. Finally there will be a game with COOP mode, how cool is that?

Overall value - Judging by beta, this game is worth $50 to me just for the MP. COD4 with WW2 guns? Bitches please. It may run on the same engine and have very similar aspects proven to work, perks, menu.... but it's a whole different experience. Game feels slower paced and way different. There are welcome additions in the game which were desired in COD4, it makes it even better. Combat is funner and atmosphere is better to me.

I will be getting this game 110% at release as it is everything I have ever wanted COD4 to be, and then some. Maybe COD3 sucked, this game sure as hell not following it's footpaths. Are you also forgetting that these guys released UO? Which was one of the best COD games to me?

wow very well said dude, i played with you on the NBS WAW server man.
I feel the same

I gave this game another shot last night, started playing on hardcore and it felt much better.

The MP44 does seem pretty OP but maybe thats just because the guy using it was pretty decent.

Unlocked the Garand, don't really like it so far but im still trying to get the reticle sight for it.

The MP44 does seem pretty OP but maybe thats just because the guy using it was pretty decent.

i think the MP44 feels good. the MG42 however is extremely overpowered. i'm not saying this relative to how the gun feels in real life (i've never fired an MG42), i'm saying this relative to other weapons in the game. MG42 + stopping power + bipod attachment = unstoppable. i'm shameless enough to use this combo too.

That's was UT3 players were saying when the demo was out

well the point is you can't call a game a buggy POS because there's some incompatibility issues with a beta release. sometimes people lose site of the purpose of betas. there's a high probability that there's going to be some bugs. if there weren't then it would be called a demo (and hopefully not have compatibility issues).

i think the MP44 feels good. the MG42 however is extremely overpowered. i'm not saying this relative to how the gun feels in real life (i've never fired an MG42), i'm saying this relative to other weapons in the game. MG42 + stopping power + bipod attachment = unstoppable. i'm shameless enough to use this combo too.

In real life the MG42 is over powered.... but in real life thats a good thing. MG42 is still probably one of the best machine guns ever made and even newer ones don't stand up to it.

I've fired one and yes, they are amazing!

WWII again. I was already going to pass, even if it was great. Just burnt out on WWII.

In real life the MG42 is over powered.... but in real life thats a good thing. MG42 is still probably one of the best machine guns ever made and even newer ones don't stand up to it.

I've fired one and yes, they are amazing!

that's freakin cool, wish i've had the opportunity to fire an MG42. *heads off to youtube to jealously watch people firing an MG42*

^^lols....I just started playing the online beta the other day, and I must say, its not bad...but the fact that cod5's campaign is gonna be shit ain't gonna change!

And how do you know that? If you are one of those who still think zombies will be in SP, you are a moron then. Zombies is an optional mode unrelated to SP...

Back