Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

just got mine today, still waiting on some parts. but i have mobo/PSU.........how are you guys closing the back! i have a bulge where the main PSU cord goes through the back grrr :confused:

You have to muscle it on, literally.

It helps to have 2 people-two hands along the top of the panel, two hands along the bottom.

yeah..i just kinda messed with it and theres a tiny bulge that cant be helped but its a little better today........BTW- anyone running an IP35-E mobo or something with the ATX 8 pin power connector on the top left part of the MOBO? My coarsair 550 wires arent long enough to reach from behind :[. (had to go the old fashioned way above the mobo) also what do you guys think of replacing fans in the case? Is it worth dropping ~30-40 bucks in fans to cool it down even more? I have a Thermal right ultima 90 for my processor and a Super clocked evga 8800 GT ...im looking at overclocking to ~3.0-3.2 on the processor and maybe taking the evga to 700/1950 or so on stock cooling...

I guess my question is would it be more beneficial to drop money on a graphics card cooler or to on like 2x 120 yate loons and 2x 140 yate loons for the case.

yeah..i just kinda messed with it and theres a tiny bulge that cant be helped but its a little better today........BTW- anyone running an IP35-E mobo or something with the ATX 8 pin power connector on the top left part of the MOBO? My coarsair 550 wires arent long enough to reach from behind :[. (had to go the old fashioned way above the mobo) also what do you guys think of replacing fans in the case? Is it worth dropping ~30-40 bucks in fans to cool it down even more? I have a Thermal right ultima 90 for my processor and a Super clocked evga 8800 GT ...im looking at overclocking to ~3.0-3.2 on the processor and maybe taking the evga to 700/1950 or so on stock cooling...

I guess my question is would it be more beneficial to drop money on a graphics card cooler or to on like 2x 120 yate loons and 2x 140 yate loons for the case.

You can't reach it from behind? I have the same psu and my power connector is in the same spot pretty much and have way more then enough length to reach it (see pics.) Don't know about the fans but I'd probably get at least a couple extra case fans along with the gpu cooler.

Also, heres a pretty sweet easy as hell mod that I stole from somebody :D

You can't reach it from behind? I have the same psu and my power connector is in the same spot pretty much and have way more then enough length to reach it (see pics.) Don't know about the fans but I'd probably get at least a couple extra case fans along with the gpu cooler.

Also, heres a pretty sweet easy as hell mod that I stole from somebody :D

Yup, I did the same thing with a scythe s-flex. Helps cool down my ram and the PWM area. Although mine is wedged in, not screwed like that-I think I'll try that.

Darn it. I shouldn't have been so hasty in ripping those 5.25 bay "blockers" out. I'm putting a fan up there anyways. Nice job.

Can anyone compare some super silent yate loons to the stock fans? Will they just move more air and be the same noise level as these, or quieter?

The YL's are moving more air at a bit lower noise level IMO. My front 120mm makes noise I think from the increased airflow through the front grill work. I may have to cut out the cage that holds the front fan in the case to see what that does for sound.

The YL 140's are VERY quiet. I have to put my ear about 10" from the opening to hear them.

My 690 should be in sometime next week, from Ibuypower, with 2 7950GTs from my HTPC box. Quad core 6600 on an EVGA M/B, 2 150 GB Raptors in Raid zero, and the 2 GB of OCZ platinum from my HTPC.

I'd actually like to fly 2 8800GTs past the wife, but that may take some doin, and would definitely cost me the Raptors, but if not, I will definitely be Swiftech water cooling it.

I'm going to be out of work for 2-4 weeks for a neck surgery so I'll have some quality time to get it real tight.

I can't believe how high quality this case is for so cheap. It's included in my Ibuypower system, so I'm probably being taken to the cleaners a bit.

Edit***

By the way, in case someone else hasn't mentioned it, there is an optional Windowed side door shown on the accessories link for this case on the CM website.

I just got mine done. Jumped on the ZipZoomFly deal for $39.99. Overall idle temps dropped by at least 10c compared to my Ultra Aluminus case. I haven't had any time to check load temps yet. I am very pleased with this case. I love the classic, sleek look of it. I had to shimmy up the floor mounted fan because it would rub against the filter. That 8-pin running up to the top chaps my ass but the cable wasn't long enough to go around back. I did the best I could for my patience level.:p

S5033186.JPG

Its gonna be 35bucks at compusa on black friday.

Well, doesn't that suck! I just ordered it last night on ZZF. Although, I don't think I'll regret spending the extra few $$. Bought this along with the GeminII (~$7AR, can't really turn that down). This'll be the housing of my new computer in the planning/building stages right now. Can't wait!

Also, which 120mm and 140mm fans are recommended?

Well, doesn't that suck! I just ordered it last night on ZZF. Although, I don't think I'll regret spending the extra few $$. Bought this along with the GeminII (~$7AR, can't really turn that down). This'll be the housing of my new computer in the planning/building stages right now. Can't wait!

Also, which 120mm and 140mm fans are recommended?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1241212

Great price and full featured case, even with watercooling ports.

The problem for me is that the Cooler Master logo is extremely ugly. Couldn't they have coolermaster in text like on the Praetorian series of old????

i got mine about a month ago after looking through the original thread about this case. as soon as i saw it, i had to have it... my old case was a pos though, so that made the decision easier... kinda t'd about the pricing difference between the usa and canada, as far as this case goes... people are getting this for $39USD now with free shipping???

on friggin sale at ncix this case ran me close to $100CDN, once shipping was into the mix and before the $20USD rebate :mad:

:p oh well. awesome case. i hate my psu, however. definitely not designed to be bottom mounted as you'll see in the following photos. good thing i have some spare ultra psu cables laying about. :D

first, my static-free staging area heh heh

after getting everything into my case, i came across a problem i was pretty certain i would encounter from the get-go... the damn 4-pin atx cable on my ocz psu is to short :mad: the p805d goes with the 7600's for another rig i'm building ;)

good thing i have some spare wiring laying about

a couple of cuts here... some tape there. perfect, a ghetto extension. :p

while not as pretty as some other case wiring efforts i personally don't like the case bulge that's caused by my extremely bulbous ocz cabling so i've got my wires tied up the best way i can so there is no bulge in the side panel and the panel is easy to remove... should my ghetto extension cable catch fire :eek:

here's the final wiring i stuck with, p o'd about how unflexible and hard to work with my ocz modular cables are. all i really cared about was keeping that vertical airway clear and aside from the pci-e connector, i succeeded.

the only fan spaces that aren't occupied in my system are the very back/top one and the 15x80 space behind the mobo, while i wait for that specialty fan which i might not use. i have 4 fans hooked into the scythe fan controller and 2 work through the mobo headers+ speedfan, allowing me a silent system for movies and general surfing and a cooling master... heh heh... when gaming.

well, that's the end of my adventure until i finally buy that corsair psu i've been threatening my credcard with. :D

Darn it. I shouldn't have been so hasty in ripping those 5.25 bay "blockers" out. I'm putting a fan up there anyways. Nice job.
If you look, you can see the place to put the 5-1/4" plates back in.

-bZj

BTW- anyone running an IP35-E mobo or something with the ATX 8 pin power connector on the top left part of the MOBO? My coarsair 550 wires arent long enough to reach from behind :[. (had to go the old fashioned way above the mobo).

I actually ran this one between my MB and the base plate. Works fine and looks good.

Yep, I ripped mine out and stuck em right back in. Secured with 2 case screws, simple as that.

Yeah I saw that in the pics posted above, after I had written the post. I have to go back into my case to install my CNPS9500, so maybe I will stick em back in with a fan. Although I have every other fan slot filled except for the 80mm behind the mobo. I'm not sure I really need another. :D

Maybe you could get one of these?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200124

This is an insanely good case for the price. This is the result of maybe 45 minutes of cable routing at most. I would love some more space between the motherboard tray and the side panel, but it's workable.

690imagel.jpg

Looks good oldie. What's with the PS sitting crooked though? Did the holes not line up correctly?

Looks good oldie. What's with the PS sitting crooked though? Did the holes not line up correctly?

If you tilt it forward, the power flows downhill which speeds it up and makes your computer faster. This happens naturally when your PSU is top mounted, but in these bottom mounted cases you don't get the same benefit unless you raise the back half up about 10 degrees from level.

If you tilt it forward, the power flows downhill which speeds it up and makes your computer faster

You know, I keep trying to tell people this and no one will listen to me... and it's starting to piss me off, really. Common sense would tell you that the downhill flowing electrons are going to reach their intended destination much faster than those flowing parallel to the ground, thus speeding up the overall performance of your computer... Thank God I'm not the only one who understands this:p

Good one man;)

This is an insanely good case for the price. This is the result of maybe 45 minutes of cable routing at most. I would love some more space between the motherboard tray and the side panel, but it's workable.

690imagel.jpg

Looks great man, you did a nice job with that PCP&C supply. I can't imagine wiring up this case with something non modular, looks like you pulled it off though :p

Looks great man, you did a nice job with that PCP&C supply. I can't imagine wiring up this case with something non modular, looks like you pulled it off though :p

Thanks....modular would have definitely been easier, especially with the really long connectors on this PSU (750 Quad btw); but it can be done.

A big help is actually this cable tie stuff called Rip-Tie: http://www.riptie.com/2007/RW.html.

It's a lot better than zips because you can reuse it really easily, and it holds like mad.

I'm really happy with this case so far, it's dead quiet with the right fans; and my drives are staying nice and cool as well.

If you tilt it forward, the power flows downhill which speeds it up and makes your computer faster. This happens naturally when your PSU is top mounted, but in these bottom mounted cases you don't get the same benefit unless you raise the back half up about 10 degrees from level.

Yeah this is one of the problems I had with my Antec P180 with the power supply being in the bottom. I finally managed a workaround though, I extended all the wires coming from my power supply and ran them to the top corner of my case, then down from there. This way all the electrons climb to the top of the wires, and wait there til they're needed. Whenever something needs power it's all downhill from there.

WEEEEEEE!!!!!!

^^It was funny, but please don't mess up this thread...

Here's a pic from the back. I still want to clean up the wiring along the front bezel, but it's out of the way of the airflow, so it's good enough for now:

cm690image2.jpg

Closing the back panel cover is tough if you route the MB power line through the bottom opening like that, but it works. I had to lay it down and lean on the lower half while pushing on the top to get it on the first time.

Damn it I can't resist.....ordered the case AND the fan controller (which wound up costing more than the case!)...but it looks awesome.....I love my Antec 900, but this will be nice for my new build...thanks for the great info & pics, I'm convinced

Heres my cm690, had it for a while and finally got some pics. My new hdd came in on tuesday and i havent had a pc for about two weeks before that and i bought cod4 when it first came out but no way to play until now. Uhgg what a drag. Lol but then on wednesday dad bought a tv and it came with a free 80gig ps3!! yay. And i bought a dynex 32inch on BF for 450 to go along with the ps3 and it looks awesome on ps3 and sweet on pc.
Before
Picture001-1.jpg

after
Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

And a lil something extra, the lamp i build in fundamentals of manufacturing, had to sand it with a piece of sand paper and my hand, so no paint as of now.
Picture008.jpg

Its CL for my initials.

Finished this build for a customer a few days ago. Jerry rigged that Apevia fan to perfection. ;)

sidesy1.jpg

rearsidezu2.jpg

main3as0.jpg

main2qc6.jpg

main1ap3.jpg

hqfrontgp8.jpg

backui6.jpg

Some weeks ago:

2pcs. upper panel- Sharkoon silent case fan 140mm
1pc. left panel- CoolerMaster case fan 120mm
1pc. floor panel- Sharkoon silent case fan 140mm
1pc. back panel- CoolerMaster case fan 120mm
1pc. front panel- CoolerMaster case fan 120mm
1pc. right panel- SilenX Ixterma Pro 80mm
1pc. on Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme- Revoltec 120mm

Even though there were so many fans in general rig was quite silent! :)

It was short term setup before sub zero benchmarking- so I didn't bother about cable management:

img0467jp5.jpg
img0468wt6.jpg

Current setup with some cable management:

img0522xd2.jpg
img0523rn4.jpg

Some weeks ago:

2pcs. upper panel- Sharkoon silent case fan 140mm
1pc. left panel- CoolerMaster case fan 120mm
1pc. floor panel- Sharkoon silent case fan 140mm
1pc. back panel- CoolerMaster case fan 120mm
1pc. front panel- CoolerMaster case fan 120mm
1pc. right panel- SilenX Ixterma Pro 80mm
1pc. on Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme- Revoltec 120mm
Ahh why did you downgrade from the DFI? I heard it's an amazing motherboard, and my friend got to 4.1Ghz with his Q6600 on it. What do you think about?

m3ta, what piano is that? it caught my eye more than the case, LOL

lol! It's a casio celviano digital piano.

1988pkruzubiqphc1.jpg

aspms, nice work! Looks fantastic. That window is totally growing on me-care to provide more pictures? Higher res would be awesome, too!

Back