Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

More pictures of your sidepanel, please. I've only seen the crappy pics on CM's site.

Did you buy it separately, or did it come with the case?

aspms, nice work! Looks fantastic. That window is totally growing on me-care to provide more pictures? Higher res would be awesome, too!

Thanks! :)

Indeed share with us, where did you get the side panel and how much was it?????

Here you go a few more pics of my sidepanel:

img0535ds2.jpg

img0539wr6.jpg

btw guys I'm from Europe- Latvia! I bought this case about two months ago when it showed first time here!

Case wasn't so cheap as in states :p I paid for it 69eiros (which is about 96$) :eek: + 7eiros for side panel btw it come with 120mm Cooler Master fan as well!

Ahh why did you downgrade from the DFI? I heard it's an amazing motherboard, and my friend got to 4.1Ghz with his Q6600 on it. What do you think about?

Talking about my DFI board- yeah I can say it's the best board on P35 I have ever used- and real dream for insulation for benching with dry ice or even LN2, because it has digital PWM and no solid caps what you can see on most of the todays boards! Yeah it's great board for quad cores as well as dual core- rock stable PWM and I was really surprised about this board low temps! :)

Why I sold it? Actually I buy hw only for testing- usually I sell it after 1-2weeks! but current rig will stay as is till I get some 45nm chips for testing! :cool:

I like that side panel, the fan grill is way nicer then the ones on the stock case. I want that side panel now. And also how much you sell that board for? I have wanted it forever, would you recommend?

I like that side panel, the fan grill is way nicer then the ones on the stock case. I want that side panel now. And also how much you sell that board for? I have wanted it forever, would you recommend?

I have already sold my DFI board locally and I doubt that you would be interested in it because of shipping costs from EU to states! But if you can get it somewhere- you wont regret it- clock per clock performance will be a bit better then most of Asus P35 hi-end boards- if you have some previous experience with DFI settings- you can really push you mem to the limits! But its not so hard to learn- there are plenty on great threads over XS and DFI club forum but for me it was even easier as I had previous experience with DFi RD600 and DFI 965-S! ;)

btw reason why I bought this side panel- I have seen that Thermalright Ultra 120xt wont fit if you put 120 or 140mm fan in upper hole for standard side panel- there wont be enough space for this cooler ~5mm! but those holes without fans wouldn't look nice! :eek:

I sent an email CoolerMasters way regarding the side window panel, maybe I can buy one directly from them, who knows, does CM have a presence on this forum?

I'm trying to finish mine up for water cooling. I already have a dual radiator put in and I've already mounted the fans on the top and made the cut and sheet metal bends in the perforated metal. It look really slick. I'll take pictures as soon as I can. The system isn't done yet because I'm waiting for some parts. I went with the swiftech waterblock/pump combo unit. I've already lapped my Quad, I've already lapped the sinks on my ab9 quad gt. I'm just waiting for my 8 gig of ram that I got from the newegg promo last week that featured the g.skill 2gig units. So if you are patient I'll amass pictures for you all.

However, I have run into a little design rut and when I show you the pics you'll see what I'm talking about and will take any advice.

Would painting the bare metal frame affect cooling at all?

Has anyone put a custom side window on one of these things?

Mine is coming in on Monday and I already want to mod it!

To the people with the sunbeam Chromatic fan controller

I have an Ultra fan commander

http://techgage.com/article/ultra_fan_commander/

Seems to be the first company to make it .. i think they sold to sunbeam

My battery died in the fan controller

Started my system up no beeps telling me the fans were all off

Maybe you guys should pop the battery out and boot your system up

Just to check and make sure you don't get the same result

I was lucky and didn't get caught off guard

Most of the time i turn my rig on and go out for a smoke when i first get up

I was waiting on an important email so i sat in front of the comp waiting to get for it to boot up

Saw no blue led's from the fans on .. about crapped my pants took me a while to figure out what was going on

turned out to be a dead battery

Just a heads up life could have sucked real bad that day

figured its worth checking before it happens to any of you

Got the case, card reade4r and the CM Gem. HS, i didnt realize how big that heat sink was lol, Things huge

Case arrive in good shape, plan was to rip the guts out of the rig i got but i think im goin to use it for a new build and actually get into PCI-e

For the price this case is pretty damn good, wasnt has flimsy as i was expecting, having a hell of a time getttin the side cover on and off, might nee a little filing or something other then that cant wait to start tossing some shit into it :)

Got the case, card reade4r and the CM Gem. HS, i didnt realize how big that heat sink was lol, Things huge

Case arrive in good shape, plan was to rip the guts out of the rig i got but i think im goin to use it for a new build and actually get into PCI-e

For the price this case is pretty damn good, wasnt has flimsy as i was expecting, having a hell of a time getttin the side cover on and off, might nee a little filing or something other then that cant wait to start tossing some shit into it :)

Removing the side panel gets easier as you go. I've taken mine off about 30 times now, and its to the point where its relatively effortless to slide it off and put it back on.

Thats good to know, thansk :)

What UPC has to be removed from the package for the rebate? theres like 30 of them on there lol

I just can't figure out why my CM690's power led cable is not split into two seperate + and - cable... I can't get it to work with my mobo becuz there's one-pin gap in between. Anyone of you got that problem? And I am kinda disappointed about all the fan holes, many of them can't be use as intake excpet the front for the hd, most of my fan just make whinny noises. I guess i need some s-flex fans... :rolleyes:

I just can't figure out why my CM690's power led cable is not split into two seperate + and - cable... I can't get it to work with my mobo becuz there's one-pin gap in between. Anyone of you got that problem? And I am kinda disappointed about all the fan holes, many of them can't be use as intake excpet the front for the hd, most of my fan just make whinny noises. I guess i need some s-flex fans... :rolleyes:

use an xacto knife and lift the plastic catch that holds the metal connecter inside the power led plug, slides right out.

On the plastic connector side that goes to the mobo

He's saying to pull the plastic tab up and slide the female end out of the plastic casing

I bent the pin on my Q-Connector a little and manage to squeeze the power led+&- connector half way in, now its working :D!
I'll post some pic later, I did some fan modding... :p

n39708940_31730773_9062.jpg

n39708940_31730775_9583.jpg

n39708940_31730776_9849.jpg

n39708940_31730777_102.jpg

n39708940_31730778_362.jpg

I found 3 fans located at the top of the case cools better than a fan occupying every fan slot.

Do you guys notice a loud whirring sound from fans placed directly on the panel? That is one of the reasons I made the duct out of two gutted fans. I also wanted to cool the northbridge better.

My 690 should be in sometime next week, from Ibuypower, with 2 7950GTs from my HTPC box. Quad core 6600 on an EVGA M/B, 2 150 GB Raptors in Raid zero, and the 2 GB of OCZ platinum from my HTPC.

I'd actually like to fly 2 8800GTs past the wife, but that may take some doin, and would definitely cost me the Raptors, but if not, I will definitely be Swiftech water cooling it.

I'm going to be out of work for 2-4 weeks for a neck surgery so I'll have some quality time to get it real tight.

I can't believe how high quality this case is for so cheap. It's included in my Ibuypower system, so I'm probably being taken to the cleaners a bit.

Edit***

By the way, in case someone else hasn't mentioned it, there is an optional Windowed side door shown on the accessories link for this case on the CM website.

Ok, I got mine and everything is installed. I'm not sure I can trust Speedfan as my temps are so low. Going from the Gateway to this my temps dropped from the high 30s to the mid 20s. What is up with this case, and why is it so cheap. It was so easy to build and...

whoops, just launched coretemp, wow, speedfan is way wrong. It's giving me coretemps 15 degrees too low. Wonder why?

I'll post pics of my build tonight.

I posted this in this thread also http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1222224

Here are some pics of my watercooled rig in the CM 690. I wanted a cheap case that could fit everything for watercooling without too many modifications. I also didn't want a window. This case met all my requirements. It's great!

In this first pic you can barely see the Black Ice Pro II rad mounted inside to the top of the case. The rad is 25mm tall. I think you would be hard pressed to fit anything bigger without some serious modifications. As you move down I have a Swiftech Apogee GT, and micro res mounted above the PSU. I cut one of the mounting brackets on the res above the hose barb so I could fit the side panel on with a 120mm fan blowing over the video/chipset. Finally mounted to the bottom fan grill is a Swiftech MCP655 Pump. With the pump mounted like this I can access the speed control from the other side.

The second pic is of the top of the case. There is two 140x20mm Aerocool Silver Lightning fans installed inside the plastic top under the mesh. I took off the metal mesh and cut the plastic top to fit them. I would have prefered fans with no LEDs but couldn't find any that are 20mm tall (25mm won't fit under the mesh). With the rad and fans mounted fitting the top is tight.

Here is the other side. Ignore the blue and yellow network cables on the bottom right. The fan is an Evercool 80x15mm. I dremeled out the back of the screw holes on the fan so it could fit in the mounting bracket.

The PC is an AMD 5200, Abit A9N 32X, 2GB OCZ Platinum Rev 2 DDR2 800MHz, 2 x WD 320gb in raid 0, and CoolerMaster 650 PSU. I sleeved the power supply. The videocards are 2 x 6600gt with Kingwin heatsinks. I removed all the stock fans and went with higher rpm fans at lower voltages. The 140mm top fans, and rear 120mm are pulling air out of the case. I have one front 120mm fan pushing air over the HDs. I cut out the plastic gridding on the front panel for this fan. The side 120mm and 80mm fan are pushing air in over the video/chipset and mobo.

I haven't had time to overclock yet so for now it runs at stock speeds. I will be upgrading the video cards in the new year. I will Probably get a 8800gt.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

Overall I really like this case, love the tool-less feature for everything and have no bulging issues what so ever with how I routed the cables in the back. Both panels slide back on without any extra effort. :cool:

Nice to see the majority spending some time and doing cable management to keep things clean. Just to note, for those of you with the Thermaltake 750w modular PSU, you will need an extension to connect the 8pin to the MB if routing it either behind motherboard or through the back as I did.

Do you have any problem closing up the side panel behind the mobo?
I mentioned this is my post above, I had no issues at all closing the side panel behind the MB. I was surprised that I didn't seeing most everyone else has, guess since I didn't bunch all my cables up it didn't affect me. You can see in my pic that I placed each psu cable flat against the tray to alleviate possible bulging which in turn made it so that I could close it easily unlike others.

Edit: For those of you that have bulging and difficulty getting the panel back on. You can simply make two cuts on the lip of the MB tray, one above and one below your psu motherboard connector cable, and bend it down to create a notch. This will allow your cables to have plenty of space and alleviate any more issues with getting the side panel back on. You can make the cuts with a dremel and a heavy duty cutting disk and may want to also use a grinding stone to dull the edges so they won't cut you or the cables. (May want to do this with your electronics out of the case because fine metal shavings will go everywhere)

This is a friends system, I posted for him cuz he doesn't have an account yet.
DSC00831.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

I just threw this together but I will clean it up once I have my watercooling set .

cm6902.jpg

Asus Maximus SE
Q6600 G0 @ 3.3GHZ @ 1.32V
Tuniq 120 + TX-2 Grease
4x1GB DDR2 800 @ 900 Crucial Ballistix (2 Tracers two Ballistixs)
750W Thermaltake PSU
CM690
Optiarc(Sony) DVDRW
1x320GB 7200.10 PATA Drive (yuk)
HD2600PRO (will buy a HD3870 once they hit retail and they're available everywhere)

Waiting on a few things and I'll snap more pics. I do plan on putting a window and some UV in this thing.

DSC_0126-1.jpg

Heres my crappy pic. got it from zipzoom with the 30 MIR to setup my dads system in. couldnt pass up the deal seeing as it goes for more then 70$ in some places. overall, i like the design and layout, only thing id change is the usb ports on the face instead of the top since the case is sitting in a desk environment.

Picture.jpg

SPECs::
NEWARK 3700+ at 2.4 and 1.45v nets me 24c idle and 33c load folding under speedfan
Thermalright HR-01 w/ Duct
kingston hyperx pc3700
Antec Truepower 480
DFI NF3 250gb
nivida geforce fx5600
WD 80g drive/CD/Floppy

I left the 3 stock fans in the case since they were fairly quiet. may end up replacing the side panel fan as it is just a tad bit too loud for my liking. all in all, great case and i would highly recommend it to any future builders. G/L

earlier i posted my friends 690, this is my file server (small)
DSC03792.jpg

DSC03804.jpg

sorry work area is a bit of a mess right now.

My video card crapped out on me and will be out for RMA so... decided to take it apart and paint the insides... Here's a quick shot of my first run. There's some parts I missed since it was already dark but that will be fixed in the morning... :D

DSC_0131.jpg

That looks awesome! How did you remove all the little plastic parts before spraying it down?

There's a rivet that's holding the bar in place. I just painted those things also. Here it is as it stands...

DSC_0132.jpg

I think the satin finish is perfect. I didn't like the flat black and I definitely wasn't going to put gloss black. :D

Anyone know where I could take the side door to get cut? I'd love to put a side window on this thing...

I'm impressed. I'll probably rip mine apart over the holidays and lay down some paint like I originally planned :D

Make sure you take plenty of pictures when it's all back together!

level of 1-10, how hard to paint that case? always wanted to do it, just havent gotten around to it yet

I'd give it a 2. Hardest part was putting everything back in as to not scratch the paint :p

This was a very easy project and I'm happy how it turned out.

Back