Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

Here's a pretty crappy pic. Had to take it with my iPhone and with a flashlight as the light source. I'll have better ones once I install the TRU120E and HR03GT.

Whats the biggest PSU that will fit without having to remove the bottom fan mount/screws?

I'm mostly looking at 800w+ PSUs.

I"ve got a Quattro 850 in mine, will take pix for you to give an idea. It fits but just barely... I Need to do some adjustments to the whole in the back to make the cabling fit a little better. BTW, the Quatro reached the MB's additional power connector on the top with it routed through the back.

I know it's not the TRU, but here's a few pics of my case open with the Scythe Ninja. Plus a pic of the front, just for kicks (can't remember if I already posted mine here on this thread)

This one shows the Ninja compared with everything else in the case:
2228309302_faf655c2f5_o.jpg

This one gives an idea of the depth, there's a good inch or so for room.
2235618443_db74e6e775_b.jpg

And here's the front with my media card reader
2228309738_82928cdd2b_o.jpg

I really like that media card reader, I got it off ebay for about $10 total. I didn't like all those ones that were 52 in 1 or what not, they were messy looking and didn't look....good. So I was trying to find one from a major distributor, and besides that, all I really needed was something for an SD card. I believe it came from one of those Dell Optiplex's (or at least that's what the auction said). Only negative about that is the internal USB cable is real short, and it barely makes it where its plugged in. It has a spot for a molex, but I only have it in the usb and it works fine, but it might make it faster or what not if I actually plugged it in with the molex... I dunno.

BTW, I've cleaned up the wires since, spent a good hour or so routing.

Dustin

I know it's not the TRU, but here's a few pics of my case open with the Scythe Ninja. Plus a pic of the front, just for kicks (can't remember if I already posted mine here on this thread)

This one shows the Ninja compared with everything else in the case:
2228309302_faf655c2f5_o.jpg

This one gives an idea of the depth, there's a good inch or so for room.
2235618443_db74e6e775_b.jpg

And here's the front with my media card reader
2228309738_82928cdd2b_o.jpg

I really like that media card reader, I got it off ebay for about $10 total. I didn't like all those ones that were 52 in 1 or what not, they were messy looking and didn't look....good. So I was trying to find one from a major distributor, and besides that, all I really needed was something for an SD card. I believe it came from one of those Dell Optiplex's (or at least that's what the auction said). Only negative about that is the internal USB cable is real short, and it barely makes it where its plugged in. It has a spot for a molex, but I only have it in the usb and it works fine, but it might make it faster or what not if I actually plugged it in with the molex... I dunno.

BTW, I've cleaned up the wires since, spent a good hour or so routing.

Dustin

Nice, thanks for the pic. I can't tell from the pic, but did you do the fan mod in the front of the case or no?

hi guys :) here's some pics of my new system in the rc 690 :)
enjoy

hardware:
Case Cooler Master RC-690 Windowed | Psu Corsair VX550W | Mobo DFI Blood Iron P35-T2RL | Cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 4.0Ghz + ZEROtherm BTF90 |
RAM OCZ Gold GX XTC 2x1GB PC6400 DDR2 800Mhz| VGA EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GT 512 Mb | Audio SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS | dvd burn PIONEER DVR-212 SATA |
HDD 2x160GB Raid0 SATA + 2x300GB SATAII Maxtor | Monitor Samsung 226BW 22" 2ms | Speakers Creative GigaWorks S750 | Mouse Razer CopperHead Blue Tempest |

I demand you tell me where you got that side panel!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I have tried emailing coolermaster to no good luck.

Nice, thanks for the pic. I can't tell from the pic, but did you do the fan mod in the front of the case or no?

Not yet, but sooner or later I plan to when I get to the nearest computer show, I'll pick up a few 120mms. I'm not too worried about the temps as my temps are consistently in the low 30s. Not sure about under load w/Crysis for example...they're all connected to the onboard fan controllers, but the system never seems to speed them up to full blast, sooo....

I ended up cleaning up the cables quite a bit, and put the fan of the Ninja right above it on the case, seeing as it was a PITA to put back on the cooler when it was mounted.

Hopefully its a good airflow setup, but I've got the side, top, and front (LED) fans all as intake, and the rear as exhaust.

When I was re-arranging my cables though, I thought of a good idea. Putting the computer on a lazy susan (the thing you put napkins or salt/pepper on and spin it around on teh table) makes for working on the computer so much easier; at least when its standing up!

*Route cable* *spin* *zip-tie cable* *rinse* *repeat*

Here's mine:

The pictures are tiny, but the TRU120E fits and so does the HR03GT. Too bad I can't get my E8400 stable past 3.4GHz even with the TRU120E.

Thanks for the pic. Good to know that the TRU-120 fits in there with no problems. I'm about to start my build in a few days.

Hey guys, I have had this case for about 4 months and as most people I havent stopped switching things around. Currently I have the stock fan on the front, and the other 2 stock fans blowing out the top. I plan on ordering 2 fans for the left side 120mm, and 1 more for the front (that nice mod you guys have going).

Anyways the question is will a 80x20mm fit on the right side of the case? I have measured over and over again, and it looks to be a very tight fit. Anyone try it?

Thanks,
Charles

UPDATE:

I have a extender for the 8 pin on my mind to order and also 4 more UV Blue fans. When I get all that in in about 2 weeks I will do more wire management.

Transfered my rig into this awesome new case.

I have a ghetto power supply that doesn't have modular cabling and this is the best I could do:

Here is the clusterfuck behind the motherboard:

Here's a shot from the front with the side panel on:

Did any of you guys accidentally break the clips when installing your optical drive/floppy drive? I accidentally bent one of the clips too hard when I was installing a floppy drive and broke off one of the clips. Now the 5.25" shield is loose since only one side of the clip is there. What should I do? Should I try to glue the clip back or just tape the shield down so that it's not loose?

^^^ Dudeyourlame, what is installed in the third 5.25" from the top? Looks like a very minimalistic fan controller. Custom-made?

Did any of you guys accidentally break the clips when installing your optical drive/floppy drive? I accidentally bent one of the clips too hard when I was installing a floppy drive and broke off one of the clips. Now the 5.25" shield is loose since only one side of the clip is there. What should I do? Should I try to glue the clip back or just tape the shield down so that it's not loose?

shoot an email to cooler master and ask for a replacement.

I'm not using mine so if CM won't send ya one pm me and we'll get ya one =]

btw i'm using usb floppy/card reader comes in handy.

shoot an email to cooler master and ask for a replacement.

I'm not using mine so if CM won't send ya one pm me and we'll get ya one =]

btw i'm using usb floppy/card reader comes in handy.

You might've misunderstood what I was talking about. One of the clips on the back of the front plate that holds the 5.25" plate in place broke off.

Here's a pic of it:

You might've misunderstood what I was talking about. One of the clips on the back of the front plate that holds the 5.25" plate in place broke off.

Here's a pic of it:

I understood and like i said ask CM to send ya one or I'll send my un-used one

I understood and like i said ask CM to send ya one or I'll send my un-used one

Oh, nice! I shot you a PM.

I just Krazy Glued the clip back for now and just giving it time to harden some more so we'll see how that works out.

I'm about to start my build and just wanted some feedback from you 690 owners about the air flow I have planned:

Option A:

Option B (essentially same as A except TRUE-120 is placed differently):

Just wanna get some feedback on which option you think would provide the most efficient cooling.

Back