Dell U2410

According Cnet sRGB mode works. If this is true then I guess I have found a possible replacement for my LP2475w. Not that I am changing any time soon, but who knows what happens in the future.

U2410 Input lag
SRGB Mode: MIN 21ms. AVG 31ms. MAX 34ms
Game Mode: MIN 0ms. AVG 14ms. MAX 29ms

Cnet redid the figures, seems its pretty much the same as the 2209WA, hope mine comes soon !

http://www.cnet.com.au/dell-ultrasharp-u2410-339298064.htm#comment-1

Dell UltraSharp U2410 (sRGB) min 21 max 34 Average 31
Dell UltraSharp U2410 (Game) min 0 max 29 Average 14
Dell UltraSharp 2209WA (Standard) min 0 max 32 Average 20
Dell UltraSharp 2209WA (Game) min 0 max 35 Average 13
Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP (sRGB) min 21 max 48 Average 33
Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP (Game) min 3 max 40 Average 24
guess that's what we've all been waiting to hear :)

i thought input lag was consistent, that when you get varying figures its because the camera isn't keeping up? someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Lag is consistent. They're getting varying figures because the timer they're using is not guaranteed to update at any particular interval, and they're not taking into account where each screen is refreshing. They're probably not using a splitter either.

The 2209WA has no lag regardless of the mode: http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034028590&postcount=1263

The U2410 looks like it has at least one frame except in game mode, which disables all color adjustments, leaving you stuck with the huge gamut and uncalibrated colors.

That kind of tradeoff is rather significant. However, Dell might be able to fix this with firmware revisions. I suppose this might mean a case of "hold out till at least A01" if the matter of gamut in game mode is a massive deal breaker...

That kind of tradeoff is rather significant. However, Dell might be able to fix this with firmware revisions. I suppose this might mean a case of "hold out till at least A01" if the matter of gamut in game mode is a massive deal breaker...
I can't see how they can do this, as the LUT processing, which is responsible for the sRGB mode comes with a latency penalty. Unless you meant a faster chip in an A01 revision to help minimise the latency penalty, but if so, why have a game mode, as it would be the same as the other modes.

EDIT - to elaborate, the 2209wa isn't wide gamut, hence why all modes can have minimal/zero latency -- no LUT processing required to give sRGB. The U2410 cannot as it has internal processing converting the wide gamut colours to sRGB, so you can only ever have minimal/zero latency if this processing is disabled, which is why game mode gives wide gamut colours.

Last edited:
Very interesting on the sRGB and Game modes, somewhat like HD TVs that have a "Game" feature as well.

Now all that's left is a good thorough review and US pricing. :)

If it were to be around $300-350 (I doubt it, but one can hope), I'd be all over this. :D

Well, an issue is that few games, if any, will ever cater to sRGB... to be honest, this issue might be moot if driver level support for the color space becomes more common. It's very unlikely for Dell to think of offloading this conversion to software in order to circumvent the problem.

Then again, you are right and Dell will not really stick faster chip for it. The tradeoff of latency to getting the LUT processing in that case will stay for good.

I don't really see why Dell cannot offer both monitors on the website.

Sure, they're trying to clear inventory on the 2408WFP...but people are hesitant to buy knowing something new is coming along and it might be the same price. If the U2410 doesn't come soon, Dell might even lose some sales to HP.

So put both online, but obviously the U2410 would be priced higher until 2408WFP inventory is depleted.

I will say that right now Dell doesn't seem interested in clearing inventory...they're interesting in milking wallets...the 2408WFP is listed at $569 right now! HP wins for the moment.

Using mine at the moment, no issues at all. The colour difference comparing is to my samsung screen is pretty huge. Colours are just no more vivid and makes the TN panel looked washed out.
Anything specific people want me to test ?

Yes, if you have a camera it would be interesting to see how off angle viewing affect a completly black background. The 2209WA has serious white glow.

I saw Chinese pictures of the Philips 240PW9, a screen with the same panels as the Dell and the HP 2475. It seemed to have no problem at all with black from an angle.

Some of the shots
http://geting.se/viewimage.php?image=187844-090625_lcd_eips_hips_240pw9_0045h.jpg#
http://geting.se/viewimage.php?image=187845-090625_lcd_eips_hips_240pw9_0046hdell.jpg#
http://geting.se/viewimage.php?image=187846-090625_lcd_eips_hips_240pw9_0042h.jpg#

Last edited:
Using mine at the moment, no issues at all. The colour difference comparing is to my samsung screen is pretty huge. Colours are just no more vivid and makes the TN panel looked washed out.
Anything specific people want me to test ?

can we just see some color pics of a side by side next to your tn?

thanks a ton man.

Yes, compare the U2410 next to a TN lcd.

One in sRGB mode.

Another in Game/Standard mode.

Dell UltraSharp U2410 (sRGB) min 21 max 34 Average 31
Dell UltraSharp U2410 (Game) min 0 max 29 Average 14
Dell UltraSharp 2209WA (Standard) min 0 max 32 Average 20
Dell UltraSharp 2209WA (Game) min 0 max 35 Average 13
Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP (sRGB) min 21 max 48 Average 33
Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP (Game) min 3 max 40 Average 24

do the U's, WA's, and WFP's mean anything? what do they say about each line of monitors?

I believe WA stands for Wide Angle. I have no idea what U/WFP stand for though.

Dell appears to be consolidating their monitor lines in this new generation, so it goes like:

"E/G" prefix means economy or "green"; monitors like the G2210/2410 with their LED-backlit screens use less power, utilize 16:9 TN panel technology, and are relatively cheap.

"S" prefix (not sure what it could stand for) would refer to Dell's flashier consumer-grade TN panels, like the S2209WA/2409WA; 16:9, rounder, glossier bezels. Cheap.

"P" prefix ("professional"? :confused:) would indicate monitors that have more inputs and have the swivel/tilt stands. Still TN panels, but 16:10. My guess would be that they're oriented towards office work for those who want more vertical screen resolution and inputs. Still TN, however. Examples of this would be the P2210 which looks like the 2209WA physically, but is still a TN 16:10 panel. Relatively inexpensive but more expensive than E/S series monitors.

"U" prefix (probably "Ultrasharp") would be Dell's premium line of monitors, like the U2410, which has IPS panel technology. I wouldn't be surprised if Dell renames the 2209WA to the U2210 to keep up with their naming trends.

Guys, I'm wondering if the new Dell U2410 will have less 'lag' than the 20" Dell 2001FP monitor I have now...

"S" prefix (not sure what it could stand for) would refer to Dell's flashier consumer-grade TN panels, like the S2209WA/2409WA; 16:9, rounder, glossier bezels. Cheap.
It is S2209W and S2409W (there is no A at the end).

Guys, I'm wondering if the new Dell U2410 will have less 'lag' than the 20" Dell 2001FP monitor I have now...

Well, not to be rude or anything but what do you think!?!
Your 2001FP is like five or six years old. Not all things get better by time but in many cases things progress forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwqsKyGJPgc
2001FP compared to 2007WFP.
30ms input lag is not something which is an issue to 9 out of 10 people.

Didnt do any pics of unboxing , or the look of the unit as well its prety much par for the course, minus inputs.
Control UI and buttons are kinda wierd to get used to.

Wow, this monitor has a hefty price tag! Seems great though. Either this, or Nec EA231WMi (which is much cheaper!).

570 gbp is kinda out of question...

Didnt do any pics of unboxing , or the look of the unit as well its prety much par for the course, minus inputs.
Control UI and buttons are kinda wierd to get used to.

Thanks buddy for pictures.

I wonder to see the backlight uniformity of the screen. Could u please post a picture of a plain 100% white background and one more with 100% back background to see any bleeding or something like that.

Do u see any pink or any other color tint/hue on the screen like 2408wfp?

Last edited:
Hey callius I have a special request. If it's not too much trouble, could you take any 16:9 HD content (from cablebox, consoles, etc) and crop it to 16:10 using the zoom function? Kinda interested in seeing how picture quality looks like doing this. Not too many lcds have any kind of zoom/custom scaling option.

Lostman, you can get it direct from dell for sub 500, or online at pc buyit for 470. Deel list prices are always obsurd.

ok more pics - All taken in a pitch black room, as its midnight in the uk :) only light was my camera screen.
I took lots of shots, but settled on a couple of black ones with normal viewing angles, and an extreme angle one 45 degree + from above. Btw all in sRGB mode.
Pictures taken 1.5' or so away

Black
Black
Acute Angle Black
White
White
Green
Blue
Red

Btw used dead pixel buddy

Red picture looks orange, but looks fine when you use your own eyes, probably a limit of my cheap ass camera.

Right now it is not available in the USA. Dell is more interested in ripping us off with their extra 2408WFP stock.

Well I'm going to get this one once it hits the market. Seems a lot less troubling than the 2408. I was actually quite reluctant to get 2408 after reading all the negative comments.

Expected price in Croatia is $1005 / 705€ / £620.

I don't think it's wise to spend that much money.

Does anyone know how I can contact someone at Dell that deals with managing local distributors? We routinely get a 50-100% extra price premium on Dell monitors and I'd like to know why.

Its available here in Singapore, with an online price of S$1,052. The cash off is S$313, leaving it at S$739. Which is around US$513 and £314. From what I heard, its even cheaper in Hong Kong.

I'm going down to their Dell Direct store in town to see if I can get a better deal. It will make a great addition to my existing 2407WFP-HC. :D

A friend of mine called Dell yesterday about the U2410. She actually got a quoted from a sales rep for $749, before the guy said that hecouldn't actually take any orders yet. So their you have it. Looks like it will be $749. So you add tax and shipping and its say $800 at least. Way way to expensive....but then again this sales rep might not even know what he's talking about. Guess will have to wait a bit more before we get 100% confirmation on the price....

Last edited:
i would guess $750 is the online retail price, it will be available quite a bit cheaper

ill see what i can do about using a HD feed, i dont have a 6 metre HDMI cable laying arround

Hard to tell because of the camera, but it doesn't seem to do well in uniformity. Also I really hope that's not a green-pink gradient on the white and black screens.

Back