DFI strikes back with the DFI lanparty JR P45 T2RS

fsb@499:
4450.jpg

This board looks very promising. Although a question I have for sleepeeg or pvhk, does this thing have a firewire connector on it so I can hook it up to a front panel or anything? Having access to at least 1 firewire port is pretty important for me.

no firewire:(

no firewire:(

Pg. 20 of the users manual shows a 1394 interface adaptor to connect a case type of "firewire" device. (I think).

The MB comes with a few easy connectors to do this.

Pg. 20 of the users manual shows a 1394 interface adaptor to connect a case type of "firewire" device. (I think).

The MB comes with a few easy connectors to do this.
Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know. As long as it has that, I am good.

I believe that's a generic page that's probably put in all late DFI manuals for hooking up quick-connectors. The board doesn't have firewire.

well that sux :mad:
^ yeah that. Man, this board was so close to being perfect. Now it's gonna be a tough decision between the ASUS and this board. Firewire or superior chipset? Quite the rough trade-off for me, considering, I really need that firewire port. :(

Hey yang, do you still post on NBF or SR? I'm pyro_dragun from there.

oh hey! haha

I rarely post on NBF, unless I get an e-mail concerning "mods" etc. (but they have a ton of new mods, so I just go every now and then)

I do go on sR quite often, but rarely post....just zone out in OT haha, well it's a bummer that there is no Firewire (I still use an old gen 2 ipod)...but I can finally access the sata connectors better for esata

Huge prop to Motherboard-Pro for delivering this MB to me within 48 after the release date from their presale. :)

So far I am running this MB with an E8400, HD4850, 2x4GB of Corsair XMS2(pc6400), 2x300GB SATA Type I@7200RPM in RAID 0, floppy drive, IDE optical DVD/CD burner (will try a SATA optical type later on today) on XP 32bit w/SP3.

DFImATXrear.jpg

DFImATXinCASE.jpg

[
BootingupDFIP45T2RSFirsttime.jpg

I've had this Motherboard since last Thursday. Got it all put together and booted up on Saturday. I've tweaked the BIOS a litte. Can't get my RAM to OC over 860mhz. I don't know how to tweak the RAM settings. I'm running it in AUTO mode. If someone could help me tweak my Corsair XMS2 with the DHX cooling to at least 1000mhz I'm sure I can go 4GHZ on air with the E8400.

At stock settings with a single HD4800 I benchmarked over 12,000 with 3dMark06 with the HD4850. Keep in mind I am running an E8400. Every review that I have seen with an HD4850 has a Core 2 QUAD CPU or an extreme type Core 2 CPU which greatly increases the score for 3dMark06. With some tweaking I'm over 14,000 benchmarks for 3dMark06.

My mATX P45 T2RS came with the PCI 2.0 Slots with both of them@8x 2.0. There is a switch somewhere on the MB that enables the top slot to be full 16x 2.0.... Or at least that is what I have read online.

If someone knows how to switch the PCI slots please post.

Right now I only have 1 HD4850. As soon as the prices come down some I'll add another and run cross fire. Hopefully by then the ATI 4000 series drivers will be more optimized for Cross Fire. As it stands Cross Fire looks like about a 25% performance increase overall.

Some pics of my machine:

I believe that's a generic page that's probably put in all late DFI manuals for hooking up quick-connectors. The board doesn't have firewire.

I'm not sure about that. This manual is written in at least 5 languages and it's all related to this MB.

Can anyone confirm that when a PCIe 1x card is put into one of the 16x slots, the other 16x slot drops down to 8x?

Man, that CPU socket placement is terrible.

There's probably more than a few heatsinks that won't fit on this thing in most cases.

they put it where they can, they can't just toss it anywhere

this is a mATX board, they are cramped for space. i am sure they could of left out a ton of features and you would then have the same old mATX crap already out there, to which everyone has been wanting a GOOD mATX board to leave out some pieces

i think a person can switch their $50 heatsink vs DFi leaving out features trying to move it over to make sure every heatsink out there will fit.

heatsink makers have specs for the space they can use...

nice rig! ;)
@sleepeeg3: I think i have a good step Q822A435 (E0) which can hit up to 5ghz on atx board:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=197505&page=5
Wow, I didn't realize the latest Wolfdales could do 4.5GHz+ stable.

I've had this Motherboard since last Thursday. Got it all put together and booted up on Saturday. I've tweaked the BIOS a litte. Can't get my RAM to OC over 860mhz. I don't know how to tweak the RAM settings. I'm running it in AUTO mode. If someone could help me tweak my Corsair XMS2 with the DHX cooling to at least 1000mhz I'm sure I can go 4GHZ on air with the E8400.
Try Extreme Overclocking for some basic overclocking advice. Adjusting timings probably won't raise your mem OC as much as volts.

My mATX P45 T2RS came with the PCI 2.0 Slots with both of them@8x 2.0. There is a switch somewhere on the MB that enables the top slot to be full 16x 2.0.... Or at least that is what I have read online.
Check manual.

The stock bios is not the last one as one member on my french thread reported...
using everest will display the right bios version:

stock bios=(J245D721) EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE

bios on DFI website=(J245D812) EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE

(thxs cassoux man ;))

I didn't realize these were out yet, gotta order one!

These clocks are looking nice, I may have to buy this board. Would be such a little powerhouse! lol :D

Holy f.... :eek::eek:

Throw a 4870X2, Raid 0 some velociraptors and call it a day :cool:

This is the mother of mATX boards if you want to OC.

There is a SLI one planned...

Well guys I have tried just about everything to get this board to cooperate at higher speeds, but it is not budging. Have not been able to duplicate 500fsb or higher. 450fsb will boot consistently using different multis, but strangely 412fsb will fail every time. Did not go through all of the FSB Vref options, though I tried the top and bottom. Tried one stick of RAM and every multi. At one point, had to turn off the PC and pull the CMOS jumper 3 times, before the bios recovered. Unless pvhk has better results, I think it needs a new bios.

It is still about the third best overclocking mATX board, does have Crossfire and seems to work well with 45nm dual cores.

There is one planned...

Well guys I have tried just about everything to get this board to cooperate at higher speeds, but it is not budging. Have not been able to duplicate 500fsb or higher. 450fsb will boot consistently using different multis, but strangely 412fsb will fail every time. Did not go through all of the FSB Vref options, though I tried the top and bottom. Tried one stick of RAM and every multi. At one point, had to turn off the PC and pull the CMOS jumper 3 times, before the bios recovered. Unless pvhk has better results, I think it needs a new bios.

It is still about the third best overclocking mATX board, does have Crossfire and seems to work well with 45nm dual cores.

Maybe some BIOS updates will enhance the potential? Since these mobos are not high end quality I guess we can't expect too much from them. Still the fact that we finally have a CF mATX mobo is something good to begin with. :)

Given ATI is doing fairly well at the moment I think these CF boards have a market.

I downloaded the manual and it is entirely silent on how the expansion slots function. It looks like there's no jumpers so speed selection must be automatic / bios.

The manual disturbingly says:

• 2 PCI Express (Gen 2) x16 slots
- 2-way CrossFire: One slot operating at x8 (8-lane port) or
two slots each operating at x8 (8-lane ports) bandwidth

So my questions, if anyone knows or with a board can find out, are;

1) does this mean a video card in the first slot and nothing in the other x16 slot is still running at x8? This seems to be what the manual is suggesting. This means for a single video card like a 4870x2 the x16 Asus P5Q-EM has an advantage (the value of which is another debate).

2) If it is running at x16 could I put the video card in the second x16 slot so that it covers up the PCI slot rather than the independent PCIeX1 slot if I want to run a TV/Sound card. Without hurting the performance of the card.

To add to what Harlz is asking:

When a PCIe 1x, 4x, or 8x card is put into one of the 16x slots, the other 16x slot drops down to 8x? Does the PCIe 1x slot operate independently of the two 16x slots (doesn't take away any lanes from the two 16x slots)?

To add to what Harlz is asking:

When a PCIe 1x, 4x, or 8x card is put into one of the 16x slots, the other 16x slot drops down to 8x? Does the PCIe 1x slot operate independently of the two 16x slots (doesn't take away any lanes from the two 16x slots)?

PCIe is a dedicated connection; just cause you plug in a x1 card doesn't mean it's taking anything away from or even affecting the X16.x8 slots.

Pretty basic stuff.

The block diagram for the P45 makes it fairly clear the x1 slot is independent. However it's going to be physically blocked if you want to run a double slot card (eg. 4870x2 / GTX) and can't get 16 lanes while it's in the lower x16 slot.

I have the feeling they've just hardwired it to always run in x8/x8. On the positive side that probably means you could run an x1,x1,x16 card from top to bottom (covering over the PCI). On the downside it means the video card is always going to be running at x8 even if you are not using crossfire.

Couldn't you put the double slot card in the bottom 16x PCIe slot and block the PCI slot instead? That way you have access to all three of the PCIe slots (the bottom 16x slot for a video card, the 1x slot for something and the top 16x slot for something else).

Back