Do you like the Doom3 flashlight/weapon limitation

No weapon mounted flashlight in Doom 3

• I don't like the idea

Votes: 134 36.6%
  • I like it because it makes the game more scary/challenging/etc.

Votes: 164 44.8%
  • I haven't played it yet and don't know what to think

Votes: 68 18.6%

• Total voters
I don't know. It's sort of annoying to me not being able to see the damage I'm causing to my ememies. The mouse button 2 binding idea is very good, though.

HRslammR said:
it's just a game ya weirdo's. why don't we start nitpicking on nearly every other game/movie while we're at it? it adds to the atmosphere. deal with it.

first post in this thread that made sense. :)

Fricking A

I go to the video card forum and people bitch about how Ati or Nvidia run Doom 3 better. Then I come here and see that people are bitching about how you don't have a mounted flash light on your guns in Doom 3. Can we have a thread that doesn't envolve bitching about Doom 3 for once?

Get over it. How is it suppose to be fun to see what you are shooting at in Doom? Its Doom, not Rainbow Six.

Ok, everyone is talking about how unrealistic it is to not have a flashlight mounted weapon. How realistic is it for 1 person to be able to carry 10 large weapons at the same time and instantly switch to any of them at will? Most people only have 2 arms. The average human being could carry one large weapon, (ie: shotgun or machine gun) 1 side arm, and 1 knife. In this particular respect, Halo is one of the most realistic 3d shooters.

Totally agree. It's a game based on unrealistic things. And for all you people who need a flash light I'm sure someone will mod it for you. Stop bitching and be patient.

I edited the mod to include the maghine gun which makes it a bit more fun. Im working on getting the shotty and chaingun working by tonight but you guys can use this now until I get that done. Here are the screens:

flashlight_ps.jpg

flashlight_mg.jpg

Just download this file:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/sjzhang/files/Flashmod.zip

and unzip the pak005.pk4 to your doom3/base dir. If you have the older pistol mod, just overwrite the file. Now we can stop bitching/arguing and start playing the damn game.

adds to the total atmosphere ..

so does the slow loading shotgun ... :)

Now wait, even THAT mod looks unrealistic. And Doom III ain't fun anymore when you have that mod. I mean, who wants to play through the whole game actually seeing everything (besides the P|_|5513Z). It's like wallhack.

-J.

I just like how the Introduction to a new game brags about how the UAC controls some of the most advanced technology anywhere...yet they cannot support low-light combat operations.

Maybe "low-light combat technology" is automatically built into their helmets, ever see the eyes glow red on the helmets of the other guys that have been zombified? So the next question you might ask is why doesn't our hero pickup a helmet from one of the dead zombified dudes and utilize this amazing technology? Because zombie heads smell like a$$, would you want to put one on after that? Hellz no, give me the flashlight or even a scented candle...

Back