DoubleSight DS-265W Official discussion!

Wow def waiting on this. Glad I did not purchase anything yet.
Same, but there's a good chance that the W model will be not as good as the N model... A Doublesight rep had said that it doesn't come with an A-TW polarizer... Then another said that it definitely does. So we'll see...

Who will be the guinea pig and buy this?

I found the 27" S-PVA model on their Korean site:
http://www.doublesight.co.kr/asapro/photo/view.htm?code=AS1158844023&num=24

It doesn't seem to have 16:9 aspect scaling or 1:1 mapping. I hope the 26" H-IPS model doesn't have that limitation.

They also just posted the 24" S-PVA model:
http://www.doublesight.co.kr/asapro/photo/view.htm?code=AS1158844023&num=30

Strangely enough, the 24" model has 16:9 scaling. Both models have flexible stands, so the 26" model probably will too.

I wonder how much lag these S-PVA models have.

I just ordered the DS-263N version from newegg and they shipped it barely and then I noticed this thread was about a new model.

So, newegg says I can't return it if I receive the package. I thought a lot of you guys opened yours to see if it had the Polarizer or not, and then returned it. They won't do that anymore? Or do I just have to talk to the right person?

I found the 27" S-PVA model on their Korean site:
http://www.doublesight.co.kr/asapro/photo/view.htm?code=AS1158844023&num=24

It doesn't seem to have 16:9 aspect scaling or 1:1 mapping. I hope the 26" H-IPS model doesn't have that limitation.

Heh, that's a nice stand

I'm still in denial stage - do I go HDTV or PC Monitor? I think in the end, HDTV's that aren't designed around PC inputs will have major pitfalls - and then I'm just shopping for the lesser evils. Which...is not the best way to get a good PC display.

Cuz I'll probably end up with the 26" - I still think 32" is a bit too big, but otoh, if there was a solid 32" HDTV, guaranteed low input lag AND no other brand-specific deficiencies...this whole process would be much easier.

:mad:

Man wtf - September? That's two more months on this 2405 -_-

That sucks was hoping to get it before the end of August. Going to wait for the first reviews anyway before ordering. Can't wait for this monitor though!

Well the plans was to get a new monitor in the fall and so far this is right on schedule for me. I can't wait to ditch this 10 year old Dell 17inch Trinitron. Damn I might just burn it.:D

I hope whatever they added to handle the component inputs (chances are its a new single chip processor / scaler for all the inputs combined) does not add any input lag to the DVI/HDMI and VGA inputs.

this monitor seems very promising...i was just about to buy the ds-263n, but newegg doesn't have any instock...i can't w8 till this monitor comes out...hopefully newegg will sell it for 700

Yea me too, this is going to be great, everything I want in a monitor. I guess anywhere from Aug to Sept.

I agree - I would love to see a 22" IPS monitor that is reasonably priced (i.e. < $350) and has full HD - 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 to use as a second monitor in vertical configuration. I would even take it with 1680x1050.

I tried purchasing the refurb earlier this weekend but had some ordering issues (like cart being empty during purchase). anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

I just saw on ShopBlt (and one other site, I think TechDepot.com) that the 305W will be roughly $1000. If that's the case for H-IPS monitor, I'll go with that instead of the 265W. $1000 for that monitor would be a heck of a price - I can see Dell have fits over that.

But it's only got 1 input - DVI.

I just saw on ShopBlt (and one other site, I think TechDepot.com) that the 305W will be roughly $1000. If that's the case for H-IPS monitor, I'll go with that instead of the 265W. $1000 for that monitor would be a heck of a price - I can see Dell have fits over that.

okay

August 1 is coming in an hour our two

Any updates?

Ugh already 1AM east coast. I doubt there's gonna be much news though. This is a monitor, not a GPU release hahah.

so I was bored, and gave doublesight a call.

I was informed that they expect that distributors will most likely be starting sales around the first....of September *sniff.

If you shoot [email protected] an email they'll add you to the list to be informed when its out.

So that basically confirms the ETA that ShopBLT has listed.

Gah, I don't know if I can wait another month. I need a new monitor baaad. On the plus side, going from a 19in CRT to this is going to look just hilarious.

so I got this as the specs:

Specs are as follows:

DS-265W 26" LCD Wide Screen Monitor

Features and Specs
LCD
Panel Type
IPS

Visible Screen Area
550.08mm(H) x 343.8mm(V)

Pixel Pitch
0.2865mm x 0.2865mm

Max. Visible Angle
178º/178º

Displayed Color
16.7M

Response Time
5mm (GTG)

Brightness
500cd/&#13217;

Aspect Ratio
16:10

Contrast Ratio
1000:1 (DCR 3000:1)

Recommended Resolution
1920 x 1200

Stand
Adjustable Monitor Stand
Adjustable Height, Tilt, Swivel and Pivot

Video Signal
Horizontal Frequency
31.5KHz &#8764; 82.3KHz

Vertical Frequency
56Hz &#8764; 76Hz

Interface
Interface
Analog, Digital

Interface Type
VGA, DVI-D, Component, Audio (PC)

Power
AC (Adapter)
110~220V, 50~60Hz

Power Consumption
135W max , 2W Power Save Mode

Characteristics
Controls
Graphic OSD, Auto Adjustment

Color
Black

Digital Signal
DVI-D, Component

Audio
Built in Speakers

Speakers
5W (L, R)

Dimensions
25" W x 22" H x 9.5" D

Weight
20 lbs

Certifications
FCC

Warranty
3 year limited warranty, parts and labor

Package Contents
26" LCD Display + stand

DVI-D Cable

HDMI to DVI-D Cable

VGA Cable

Power Cord

Users Manual

*this is again from the director of sales

sorry, so messy. I'll clean it up later

Bleh. Same nuclear-level brightness (no surprise), no HDMI, no polarizer, and frickin' built in speakers. The Apple 23" display is starting to look like an excellent deal, especially considering the pixel pitch. Yeah, it doesn't do HDCP, but there are plenty of ways around that (unless you're planning on using a PS3 or 360 instead of a real computer).

Yeah taking out the HDMI and adding in built-in speakers. My god are they stupid.

Would it be still better than a 263N if priced the same?

What are other options? I've been waiting for a new screen since I read about this screen and stop my anxiety for a 263N. this is taking long, hope it's gonna be worth it.

Back