Dual-core 939 Opterons...what's the word?

seanmcd said:
Still at 1.4v?

No, that was at 1.5V. Right now I'm checking how far stock voltage will take me. So far Priming [email protected]. 1.45V for 2.6Ghz and 1.5V for 2.7Ghz. This is on air with XP-90. With water, this chip could do 2.8Ghz+ I think.

Edit: I'm ran SuperPi 32M and OCCT side by side at 2.6Ghz with 1.4V. 28min 53sec for SuperPi and OCCT passed. Prime wouldn't stay stable at 2.7Ghz, so I might have to up the Vcore to 1.55V and I'm not sure I want to do that yet (at least not without different cooling). Honestly, 2.6Ghz is plenty fast for me (especially with only a modest .05V increase). That will probably end up being my 24/7 speed and if I have time I'll work on getting to 2.7Ghz+ ;).

Kirby, what mobo are you using, and did you have to mess w/ your vdimm at all?

Bona Fide said:
How much do you think I could get for my 4400+? It's only two months old. And these Opterons are looking better with each passing day.
Roughly $450 shipped.
I've bought and sold more than one X2 4400+ for that price.

fyi guys... in the middle of testing my proc, haven't even tried 300htt yet, i'm at 2.615 @ 1.392v w/max load temp of 43c, gonna keep going....

XeeN said:
Kirby, what mobo are you using, and did you have to mess w/ your vdimm at all?

Using the DFI Ultra-D. I didn't touch the Vdimm. I leave it at 2.6V which is really all this crucial value (Samsung UCCC) needs to get to 240mhz or so. I'm running a 133 divider just to make sure the RAM isn't my problem while I find the CPU limit.

Bona Fide said:
$450 sounds nice. Selling at a $50 loss, but the Opty is $55 less than that. So I get a net gain of $5? :p

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA22052

damn, fuckin price shot up 40 bucks in 2 days, i was ready to pull the trigger on tuesday but it would clean me out for a week, i figured i'd wait a week damn luck. I guess im just gonna ride it out until they get a bit lower again, i just know im gonna end up shellin out more money and its gonna be a crappy OC'er

My thread's back. YAY!

Okay time for an update: Purchased the Opteron 170 on 11/11/05. Here are my max results.

--No Divider on RAM (1:1)--
2.9GHz @ 1.65V
Idle - 36C
Load - 54C

--With Divider on RAM (9:10)--
2.8GHz @ 1.30V
Idle - 29C
Load - 43C

--Lowest Possible vCore at Stock Speeds--
2.0GHz @ 1.05V

--Lowest Possible Stable vCore--
1.8GHz @ 0.90V

I think I like it a lot. :cool:

I'm overclocking my Opteron 175 right now, and have a question:

I'm using an Asus A8n Sli-Premium board, with 2X1Gig sticks of PAtriot extreme performance Cas 2-3-2-5 DDR 400 ram.

I can't figure out how to get my Ram to run at 200+ MHz with the overclock I'm running.

260 x 10 multiplier
HTT @ 4x
CPU volt. at 1.4

right now im running the memory at DDR 266 in BIOS because DDR 333 would not boot. Any ideas what I could do to get a better overclock? How do you guys keep your Ram up where it should be?

AppaYipYip said:
I'm overclocking my Opteron 175 right now, and have a question:

I'm using an Asus A8n Sli-Premium board, with 2X1Gig sticks of PAtriot extreme performance Cas 2-3-2-5 DDR 400 ram.

I can't figure out how to get my Ram to run at 200+ MHz with the overclock I'm running.

260 x 10 multiplier
HTT @ 4x
CPU volt. at 1.4

right now im running the memory at DDR 266 in BIOS because DDR 333 would not boot. Any ideas what I could do to get a better overclock? How do you guys keep your Ram up where it should be?

Have you tried loosening your ram timings?
Maybe 2.5-3-3-8?

SKy042 said:
Have you tried loosening your ram timings?
Maybe 2.5-3-3-8?

I will try that now, thanks!

***EDIT: YAY! It worked! My memory is now humming along at 217MHz! Thanks!

spuid question.... i can not figure out what mWave stands for. Can some one fill me in. I can not beileve that i am this dense... :(

Back