ErgoHuman Chair $509 shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just ordered mine from jon for 489 shipped.

u can get it for that price if you phone in your order.

Nice job. A lot of the e-tailers won't accept anything below 450 or 460, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled. So far everything about the chair seems to be worth it, but the mesh is keeping me leery. I have a bony ass, so I keep having visions of an ass-shaped depression in 6 months. :(

:D

Well the fabric/mesh is warrantied for 4 or 5 years so if it happens you should be able to fix it and then just sell the chair on eBay. So far I haven't read of any reports of the mesh losing it's shape though.

Bit the bullet and got one for $450 on ebay. If it lasts 5 years I will be happy!

The chair itself is warrantied for life. It's just the fabri/mesh that has a shorter warranty.

FYI, I ordered it brand new off eBay for $425 shipped. It doesn't usually come up for a decent price often but it's worth checking.

I recieve it Tuesday I'll post then.

Do the EBay chairs offer the same warranty? For example, with electronics items (e.g. TVs), the manufacturer often only offers warranty if the product was bought from an authorized store/e-tailer.

Do the EBay chairs offer the same warranty? For example, with electronics items (e.g. TVs), the manufacturer often only offers warranty if the product was bought from an authorized store/e-tailer.

Very good point, and I'm not sure. It may have to be from an authorized retailer. Warranty is definately part of the reason why this chair costs more that some others.

Yes, the warranty requires purchase from an authorized dealer. That being said, most of the sellers on ebay are authorized dealers (or so they claim), so I'm not too worried.

Does the warranty (besides the mesh) really matter that much? It doesn't cover shipping, which is bound to cost a FORTUNE given the chair's weight...

Yes, the warranty requires purchase from an authorized dealer. That being said, most of the sellers on ebay are authorized dealers (or so they claim), so I'm not too worried.

Does the warranty (besides the mesh) really matter that much? It doesn't cover shipping, which is bound to cost a FORTUNE given the chair's weight...

From what dealers have told me that yes, it does matter. They will ship you certain parts of the chair if they ever break and if you have to send it in, they pay for shipping it back. For a ~$500 purchase $50 for shipping to fix it is probably worth it.

Either way, these chairs are supposedly very durable and well made, just make sure to keep the scissors and screwdrivers away from them lol

The "or so they claim" part would concern me. :eek: if the seller lied about that and months later, the chair breaks, no one would know about that b/c the EBay positive feedback would've already been given long ago.

got my chair, the adjustment possibility is mind boggling. Easily the most comfortable chair i've ever sat in. Took maybe 20 mins to setup after unboxing all the parts. Loving it so far, my back doesnt ache anymore and doesnt get sweaty, should have switched to mesh a long time ago :p

Also, have had a good experience with thehumansolutions. I made a mistake with my order and was actually going to try getting it from officedepot since it would be cheaper (I live in Hawaii, shipping costs a liver and half a kidney). They offered me the chair for only $50 shipping which saved me about $100 from officedepot and $150 from their original cost with shipping. :)

Just ordered the chair on the phone, the person I talked to was very nice, and I got it for 489 shipped :) I'll let you guys know what its like when I get it.

Just ordered the chair on the phone, the person I talked to was very nice, and I got it for 489 shipped :) I'll let you guys know what its like when I get it.

So the salespeople are negotiating over the phone? :D

I'm a big guy 6'5" 300, old and broken this chair is the best thing ever 8-12 hours no problem. I bought mine at office depot before seeing this thread. Have no regrets about paying retail, which normally drives me nuts. For the fence sitters it is much more comfortable than the Aeron imho. All my friends love it too.

Great thread.

Anyone get the leather version? I have never tried mesh before so I dont know if it will be soft enough.

Anyone get the leather version? I have never tried mesh before so I dont know if it will be soft enough.

You'll do yourself a service if you get the mesh. This is coming from a lifelong leather chair user.

Ok pulled the trigger, $489 phone order. They said this thread has been helping business so they give us a $20 discount woot.

Just got mine in from ebay.

I HAVE A NEWFOUND RESPECT FOR SITTING ON MY ASS.

I'll post back in ~6 hours with a report on longevity of comfort.

EDIT - first impressions:
-mesh is pretty rough, and I forsee clothing damage w/ excessive use.
-I wish the leaning-back function would shift the seat as well, so when leaning back the angle of the seat is maintained, instead of just increasing the seat angle.

WHOOO... just got this chair from Office Depot. It retails for $599.99 but I had a 25% off coupon for all furniture, which knocked off $150. In the end, I paid (rounded) $450 plus 20 bucks for shipping. Not bad IMO.... now I'm just waiting on delivery. Oh how I hope my rear will be happy now (I'm currently using a dining room chair...very sore after +4 hours).

550 bucks for a chair! o.o, my Frys Boss big & tall chair is good for 10 hour sitting session but only for $179

Oh yeah, I forgot about the extra $20 they're giving (vs. what the thread title says). :eek:

Yea, I had no idea this thread would get this big an it started out at different price (which was still a good deal), maybe I should call and see if I can get the cheaper price difference for starting the thread lol. I'll Edit the first post...

Just got mine, $ 479 delivered from Ebay Red mesh for a little flash in the room.
Great chair.

Yea, I had no idea this thread would get this big an it started out at different price (which was still a good deal), maybe I should call and see if I can get the cheaper price difference for starting the thread lol. I'll Edit the first post...

Seriously, who would've thought a thread on a $500 office chair would generate 8 pages of posts (and counting)? :cool:

You should get some sort of kickback from them for generating all this business for them. :D

Seriously, who would've thought a thread on a $500 office chair would generate 8 pages of posts (and counting)? :cool:

You should get some sort of kickback from them for generating all this business for them. :D

For sure. :p

Kick me back some too. They are using me for advertising. :D

I think I am ordering one of these. Anyone get the red one? How red is the red? I know that blue one that someone posted pics of is a much brighter blue than it looked on the website - in a good way! :)

anyone with more then 2 posts like the guy below say that its a great chair?

"I'm a big guy 6'5" 300, old and broken this chair is the best thing ever 8-12 hours no problem. I bought mine at office depot before seeing this thread. Have no regrets about paying retail, which normally drives me nuts. For the fence sitters it is much more comfortable than the Aeron imho. All my friends love it too.

Great thread."

two posts! that seems phishy

thats like me finding some random post on the internet, just to tell everyone I'm fat and love the product. lol

So far, I love the chair. The only thing I don't like about it (which may or may not be a big issue) is the lumbar support. It seems nice and all, but is not adjustable. Also, I wish the arm rests swiveled out a little more.

Ok, so maybe I'm getting greedy with the adjustments. :D

cool:)

we need an official review hehe

i'm trying to find something to make my sore arm/wrist/shoulder better probably need to find a better mouse

Its a dark red--not bright, blends in nicely.

As for the lumbar support--yes its not adjustable but its better than a lot of chairs.
Also I wish it had the forward tilt adjust that the Aeron has.

But for the price its great!

We have chairs similar to this at work (herman miller's), and I do not like them. They are semi-comfortable, and the mesh material EATS HOLES in your pants. After a few weeks you'll notice by your wallet area that the material on your jeans/khaki's wears right now. On the small scale, the material expanding and contracting acts like scissors on your pants fibers when you move around on the chair. If you can get the leather, get it. Avoid the mesh material at all cost.

If you care about your back at all, you would take your wallet out of your pocket before sitting down.

In general there is a possible wear issue with mesh, but seriously, using a rear pocket while sitting for long periods is one of the worst things you can do to your back.

If you care about your back at all, you would take your wallet out of your pocket before sitting down.

In general there is a possible wear issue with mesh, but seriously, using a rear pocket while sitting for long periods is one of the worst things you can do to your back.

I agree. I relocated my wallet from a rear pocket to a front pocket in late May of 2000 and haven't looked back ever since.

And while we're at it, $20K for a car... Or $2K for a computer... Or $15 for a CD... Or....

I see what sabrewolf732 means. He's trying to justify $500 for a chair when the avg. chair costs $50. A more accurate analogy would be trying to justify $250k for a car when the avg. car costs $25k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back