FIRST retail box picture of a G92/8800GT, *everything* true!

Well since Im here, I think SLI is silly, unless you are SLI'ing the top of the line cards for the series... Not everything benefits from SLI and you wont get double the performance. Maybe 1.25-1.4x? I believe it doesnt even hit 1.5x. So if this card is indeed better than the 8800GTS 640 @ 1920x1200, I'm sold. The only thing is that its still 256bit vs 320bit. I'm sure that bandwidth plays a more significant role than I'm aware of. Experience from previous OC'ing has shown that increases in Memory clock has drastic improvements

If we could get some benches I could die in peace. I would especially like HL2EP2, UT3 Beta, Crysis Beta.

Well since Im here, I think SLI is silly, unless you are SLI'ing the top of the line cards for the series... Not everything benefits from SLI and you wont get double the performance. Maybe 1.25-1.4x? I believe it doesnt even hit 1.5x. So if this card is indeed better than the 8800GTS 640 @ 1920x1200, I'm sold. The only thing is that its still 256bit vs 320bit. I'm sure that bandwidth plays a more significant role than I'm aware of. Experience from previous OC'ing has shown that increases in Memory clock has drastic improvements

Well, I'm not sure how accurate they are, but Toms Hardware has 2 different charts for single and SLI configs, and the numbers a very up for sli
Single Cards: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html
Dual Cards: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_sli2007.html
(deff not on every game, so check out the Obliv benches)

looks to be about ~9" considering it is about as long as the 2 cds side by side. cd's measure 4.5" in diameter x 2 = 9"

Standard paper sleeve is almost exactly 5". But that pic has a gap in between the 2 and some extra space on the ends. So it's still looking to be 9"

Yea, it may not fit in my case :'( May have to get another case, but if that is the case, Ill try to unload it on my parents at home, so i have a reason to build another :D Speaking of which, anyone think $1100 for my rig is reasonable?

Lalala... Still waitin on those benches. :(

1100 seems reasonable, may be not enough though if you need a new monitor too. :/

Yea where are benches :( im impatient.

Actually, everything up to the space. I do plan on keeping the monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers. The monitor is great, though suffers from bad viewing angles and darker up top, but otherwise great.... Maybe $1000 sans peripherals then lol

That is the most visually displeasing forum I've ever seen. I have no idea where the video card section is

It just came in... minutes ago :D.

Newegg has some specs for you though if you don't want to trust visually:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150254

I've been following your showboating and as much as you want to be "the man" or "in the know".... those with class don't act like you do.

You may have an 8800GT or even two, or even the very first 2 in the entire universe. But you're still not someone I'd care to know. Not that you even understand my point.

Anyway, whether you were right or not is overshadowed by how you presented it. In a few weeks, many people will have an 8800GT, but you'll still be a punk who will most likely put it in his sig that he had the first ones (predictably) as if that makes him a man.

I've been following your showboating and as much as you want to be "the man" or "in the know".... those with class don't act like you do.

You may have an 8800GT or even two, or even the very first 2 in the entire universe. But you're still not someone I'd care to know. Not that you even understand my point.

Anyway, whether you were right or not is overshadowed by how you presented it. In a few weeks, many people will have an 8800GT, but you'll still be a punk who will most likely put it in his sig that he had the first ones (predictably) as if that makes him a man.

He never claimed to actually have it. Just relaying information.
Heres a chill-pill, take one, please.

2000880545491081659_rs.jpg

I'm definitely intrigued by the screen-shot of the box. That nearly confirms the 112 SPs, which is important imo. However, the overall performance numbers released before were too high in a few games across the board. I'll be waiting for some new "benchies" assuming he can actually get them. I noticed the PC in the back ground has the same experview site up so hopefully the "benchmark" sources aren't one in the same because I want to see something separate. 8xAA/16AF with max details of in-game tests would be nice I admit. I really can't see the 256-bit bus giving great performance with 8xAA or higher at 1280x1024 or higher. More benchies are always needed to help paint the full picture.

EDIT: Why are you posting that old chart (which again, lacks much needed details like settings, AA, and AF)?

Back