FIRST retail box picture of a G92/8800GT, *everything* true!

According to that graph, now the GT is just above/equal to the GTX and the Ultra?

Why is it that I find that hard to believe...

I need a new pair of pants now, lol.
Cant wait for my new job! This is coming in with a quad core after i get my first check!!

I am so happy. Even if the ATI card doesn't live up to the hype, at least I know the 8800GT will (should) be a very, very nice card.

So for the ones waiting on this and the 38xx what do you plan on doing? Getting this asap to avoid sellout or waiting to compare both?

According to that graph, now the GT is just above/equal to the GTX and the Ultra?

Why is it that I find that hard to believe...

there is no AA being used. stil, the GT is faster than the GTS cards, costs less, and performs very close to the GTX even with AA on. if you have SLI mobo, ud be pretty dumb to get a GTX over 2 GT cards, unless GTX cards magically drop to $250 overnight.

2000880545491081659_rs.jpg

Please don't post this POS fake chart.

A heavily OCed 8800gts 640mb will beat out a stock 320mb but a lot more than 1 fps.

Niceee. MSI at newegg had working pics, EVGA no.

Still need pro benchmarks and someplace to preorder!!

at first you said it was fake, now you said it was...
oh well, it's BS :p

Well smarty, if its CPU limited, why are some cards faster than others? Oh yeah, because the benchmark is BS.

Do you not understand? Lower resolutioin games will be more CPU bound. Higher resolution games will be more GPU bound. This benchmark doesn't show which is better at higher resolutions with AA/AF. 8800GTS 320 and 640 will perform equally at lower settings, but when higher settings with AA/AF you will start to see a gap form because of the higher memory of the latter. This is why the 8800GT performs so close to the GTX. Now apply higher settings and you will see the GTX make headway. You also have to factor in the higher core clocks as well.

Short and sweet.

Lower resolution = CPU bound

Higher resolution = GPU bound

if it's cpu limited (as obviously what you're trying to say here), why 640 GTS is 115.21 while GTX 130.12 ? aren't they supposed to be 115ish both or 130ish both ?

i think that's what jmac trying to say.

I've been following your showboating and as much as you want to be "the man" or "in the know".... those with class don't act like you do.

You may have an 8800GT or even two, or even the very first 2 in the entire universe. But you're still not someone I'd care to know. Not that you even understand my point.

Anyway, whether you were right or not is overshadowed by how you presented it. In a few weeks, many people will have an 8800GT, but you'll still be a punk who will most likely put it in his sig that he had the first ones (predictably) as if that makes him a man.

Wow, what the fuck is YOUR problem?!?!

The guy finds some cool info on a new card and you chew him out?

You know, you're the kind of person that I would rather not know. I think you are just jealous of him...

...and by the way, I wouldn't start name calling on these forums, you can get in trouble that way. Marvelous and I had to learn the [H]ard way! :cool:

I'm going to sell the card in MY sig and soon I will put that card in MY machine and have it in MY sig. Are you going to call me a punk too? Pfff.

Waste of my time, and the forum's. :rolleyes:

aint this official benchmarks?

EXPreview pretty much came outta nowhere recently with reviews of many yet unreleased things.

Only time will tell with them but i personally think their full of shit for the most part. They just happen to have their hands on all this unreleased tech out of the blue and are under no NDA's at all? Most likely is they have put together all of the rumored/leaked info and made it look pretty like a legitimate review.

Could be wrong but if their reviews are legit you really gotta wonder how they are getting their hands on these things. It cant be legally or they would be bound by NDA's and have their asses sued off the planet.

sued OF THE PLANET??? lmao. so you are an expert in these types of legal matters? i love how im being sued after posting crysis beta stuff on every forum imaginable, even though I agreed to one type of NDA. the fact they are overseas may have something to do with NDA being more easily violated, have you ever considered that? i think i will believe them over your conspiracy theory, heh.

nösferatu;1031576760 said:
if it's cpu limited (as obviously what you're trying to say here), why 640 GTS is 115.21 while GTX 130.12 ? aren't they supposed to be 115ish both or 130ish both ?

i think that's what jmac trying to say.

Simple. The GTX is a different card. More shaders. When all things are equal as in 320 and 640 GTS, they wont show a difference till memory becomes a factor (higher resolution - AA/AF)

So for the ones waiting on this and the 38xx what do you plan on doing? Getting this asap to avoid sellout or waiting to compare both?

i'm waiting, my current card is still holding its own and i've only been playing older games as of late. i still need to play HL2 :eek: :eek: :D

i know i will upgrade before year's end though, mainly for CoD4 and Crysis.

Could be wrong but if their reviews are legit you really gotta wonder how they are getting their hands on these things. It cant be legally or they would be bound by NDA's and have their asses sued off the planet.

LOL.

i agree though, i'll just wait now, all these rumor prove that 8800 GT really exist, while Spec and Performance are still to be seen yet.

let's go 29/10, where's my time machine...

Even CPU bound, The OC'ed GTS would get more than one FPS better.

Not at that low a resolution. Remember, the only difference in the GTS 320 and the GTS 640 is amount of memory. That being said, at these low settings, if the memory used is less than 320mb for a game, the 640 will do no better.

EDIT: After rechecking that benchmark, I see what your saying. Maybe they made a mistake? IDK, but it does seem odd that the 640 having 100MHz on core and 200MHz on memory faster, that it should do better than it did. Otherwise my previous claims are true.

Not at that low a resolution. Remember, the only difference in the GTS 320 and the GTS 640 is amount of memory. That being said, at these low settings, if the memory used is less than 320mb for a game, the 640 will do no better.
Thank you for the clear and concise lesson on the subject :)

Simple. The GTX is a different card. More shaders. When all things are equal as in 320 and 640 GTS, they wont show a difference till memory becomes a factor (higher resolution - AA/AF)

seems to me that you are the one who's not understand, how come OC'ed 640 GTS not showing more difference than that barely 1 frame which is i think was still in marginal error, you know, you can't get exactly same fps though with the exactly same card on every game benchmark run.

nösferatu;1031576824 said:
seems to me that you are the one who's not understand, how come OC'ed 640 GTS not showing more difference than that barely 1 frame which is i think was still in marginal error, you know, you can't get exactly same fps though with the exactly same card on every game benchmark run.

Yes, read my edit. The core clock and memory clock are different and should have been a higher difference.

Memory doesn't automatically make it a faster card. When you have 2 cards identical to each other except for memory, the only way you will see any difference in them is if a game calls for more memory than the other has. Usually this is due to higher resolutions and AA/AF.

sued OF THE PLANET??? lmao. so you are an expert in these types of legal matters? i love how im being sued after posting crysis beta stuff on every forum imaginable, even though I agreed to one type of NDA. the fact they are overseas may have something to do with NDA being more easily violated, have you ever considered that? i think i will believe them over your conspiracy theory, heh.

Your crysis stories are small time compared to what expreview is doing. Dont get to cocky if they want to make an example of you they can do it easily you broke a contract and probably should not get so cocky about it.

If you would use your head its real simple... If they operate in a country that wont hold up the NDA in court they wouldnt be given cards until the NDA is lifted these companies are not that stupid.

My word of advice:

Wait til [H] or a big well known reviewer comes out with the info first

A lot of these sites are located in China/Taiwan, as by the language, so yes they would get it before we do, but I've also seen crap written by them way ahead of time (such as the 2900XT being good, the 2600XT being good, etc.) to get some viewers, esp. the newer websites, when real results aren't even close.

Wow, what the fuck is YOUR problem?!?!

The guy finds some cool info on a new card and you chew him out?

You know, you're the kind of person that I would rather not know. I think you are just jealous of him...

...and by the way, I wouldn't start name calling on these forums, you can get in trouble that way. Marvelous and I had to learn the [H]ard way! :cool:

I'm going to sell the card in MY sig and soon I will put that card in MY machine and have it in MY sig. Are you going to call me a punk too? Pfff.

Waste of my time, and the forum's. :rolleyes:

Read. Read his posts from the beginning. Understand his antagonistic tone. Watch him try to cram unsupported information in people's faces cuz he's "in the know".

Also read what I wrote. Try to understand the difference between listing your stuff vs. trying to brag about having the first of something to proclaim you're better than everyone else, as if it matters.

Comprehend and understand. And try to react AFTER thinking.

you know what this says to me? the RV670 must kick some fking ass for NV to launch the 8800GT @ $250

That's not what's surprising. What's surprising is the fact that this card seems to be an excellent performer, when it was supposed to be a card to fill the gap, between the 8600 GTS and the 8800 GTS 320.
The price was always supposed to be between $200 and $250.

Awesome. Neverwinter Nights 2 is a great game. It's cool to see that is being bundled with this video card

This card looks pretty damn spiffy. I was about to pull the trigger and purchase a 8800gts, but I think I'll hold off on that now until I can see some [H] bench marks comparing the two cards.

[H] Staffers, I know you guys usually bench mark popular FPS games, but do you think you could add some role playing games like Neverwinter Nights 2 to your benchmark roster? I'd appreciate that since I play NwN2 as much as I play FPS games. I'm not strictly an FPS gamer, and I am certain a lot of people here play games aside from FPS too.

Read. Read his posts from the beginning. Understand his antagonistic tone. Watch him try to cram unsupported information in people's faces cuz he's "in the know".

Also read what I wrote. Try to understand the difference between listing your stuff vs. trying to brag about having the first of something to proclaim you're better than everyone else, as if it matters.

Comprehend and understand. And try to react AFTER thinking.

Guy, stop trying to justify your rude post from earlier. You can take GoldenTiger's post in whatever offensive manner you like, but your the only one construing it as such.
None of his posts have an "antagonistic tone" to them.. despite the fact that you cant really express tone through text very well.
-_-

Get over it already.

Awesome. Neverwinter Nights 2 is a great game. It's cool to see that is being bundled with this video card.

I am a big NWN 1 fan who never got NWN 2 because I heard it was such a system Hog, but including it with a fast graphics card really makes an attractive bundle for me.

I am a big NWN 1 fan who never got NWN 2 because I heard it was such a system Hog, but including it with a fast graphics card really makes an attractive bundle for me.

Yes. A lot of my NwN1 buds have been hesitant to make the transition over to NwN2, but this video card and it's NwN2 bundle have changed their minds. This card is relatively inexpensive and it already comes with a game they would have got sooner or later anyway. :)

Back