FS: Kawasaki ZX6R motorcycle (Roanoke, VA)

I don't have to get rid of this bike.. but I'll make an offer that no one can resist: $5500 cash to take the bike home with you in the next week, OR $4500 + $1000 worth of trade in electronics that I'm interested in.. :D

Updated the first page because I think that may have been deterring people.. I *am* interested in partial trades, once again, and now the first post reflects that--and the one week offer.

gridracer said:
I would buy it in a second if you were in Canada Nice bike.

To you and everyone else who's mentioned buying if I were closer... they DO ship bikes, you know! ;)

In fact, if you want to do the research on shipping, and set it up, I'd be happy to ship it and cover some percentage of the cost. I'd have to determine how much I would cover when I found out how much it would cost, but I'd be willing to do that.

I've still been trying to get some locals who are on here to check it out in person so they can vouch that it's everything I've advertised and that it runs like a dream.

Its not the shipping that I care about we ship about 15-20 trucks across the country a year and have had trucks shipped from the US too I am just not the type of guy to buy a bike without riding it.good luck with the local sale.

gridracer said:
Its not the shipping that I care about we ship about 15-20 trucks across the country a year and have had trucks shipped from the US too I am just not the type of guy to buy a bike without riding it.good luck with the local sale.

Can't necessarily blame you there... Hope on a plane!?! ;)

Almost at 6 pages and this thing is still here... Haven't had any offers from anyone on [H]!

If this were three months in the future I'd be all over this bitch :D

Another free bump for you, sir.

Come on fat-bodies! Buy this bike, get into shape, and go pick up some women!

WickedAngel said:
If this were three months in the future I'd be all over this bitch :D

Another free bump for you, sir.

Come on fat-bodies! Buy this bike, get into shape, and go pick up some women!

I may still have it in three months.. Keep in touch with me and maybe we can work something out.

I appreciate the bump!

so sweet....

I'd take the 96 Camaro 6 speed alongside this!!!

I wish I had like 12 grand right now :p

ZeRo_C0oLSkydiving said:
I've always wanted to do that but I think I would literally pee myself if I was several thousand (or even hundred, for that matter) feet in the air about to jump out! One of those things I want to do before my time is up though! ;).
heh. you release sky diving is slower than a motorcycle. :)
but i guess its the initial height of the fall that might be scary. i have yet to try it. anyways i done 165 indicated on a r6 and 145 indicated on my sv650s around texas world speedway. alot faster than free falling.

have you tried posting this on motorcycle related boards. its hard to sell a bike on a computer board.

and yup, rumors are true. girls flock over bikes. also, people who never ridden shouldnt even start on a 600cc. but thats not for me to decide, so i wont get into an argument.
fact: most beginner rider crash within 6 months. leathers are skin savers, textile melt on impact. enjoy and have fun. :D

I had a somewhat long post that was deleted because I was apparently bumping too often.. Too bad it was a real post rather than a "bump." - - Oh well..... Anyway, to the top. :(

I know most car engines can last up to 150-200k miles if taken care of. But how long will a 600cc sportbike last before needing an engine rebuild or whatever ?

Stereophile said:
I know most car engines can last up to 150-200k miles if taken care of. But how long will a 600cc sportbike last before needing an engine rebuild or whatever ?

It's a common misconception that motorcycle engines have life spans similar to dog years in comparison to human years... that's entirely untrue. If a motorcycle engine is well maintained, it will run forever. Well, when I say forever, I mean just like that of a car.. I've seen a Hayabusa with 39,000 miles on it.. Most people ride 3k miles a year on average though, and don't even keep their bikes long enough to really put high mileage on them. This bike has been well maintained by two very meticulous owners, stored indoors or in a garage... regular oil changes; I just changed the oil and filters, and it runs great.

Lots of life left in this bike so long as it's not abused; That goes with anything.... Cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats... Take care of it and it will last.

To answer your question specifically, I'm not sure. I've never really seen any kind of documentation about where it's going to need any sort of rebuild, but I imagine if it's well maintained you wouldn't have to worry about anything for many years!

Older 600CCs are OK for beginners as long as they respect (Fear) what they have. The MSF course is a must (Especially for learning how to shift...shift wrong and you're going to be sitting on an ass full of gravel). Respect is a must. Proper gear is a must (Would you rather look good for a little while with your trendy sandals and shorts, or would you rather keep your skin?)

It's the idiots who skip the MSF course, buy a ZX10R for their first bike, and ride without helmets that misrepresent the sport.

/rant

/bump for a fellow [H] Seller

Thank you, thank you.. :)

In all honesty, fear is the biggest key to staying alive on a motorcycle. Fear and respect go hand in hand. I tend to drive a bit faster and take more chances when I'm in a car, but when my knees are up against the tank of my ZX6R, my hands are clinching the grips, and in the back of my mind I know that the second I'm no longer scared of it, I might as well run into a tree. I've always been afraid of it in some form or another, and that's why I'm still alive. Can't help but to respect something that goes that fast--that quickly.. You, and the great outdoors... nothing to protect you from the pavement except for your gear. There are no safety walls, airbags, etc on a motorcycle. Respect it or you're going to get scraped off the ground one day. That's how I feel, anyway.

I'm plenty happy with a 600cc bike.. It goes plenty fast, looks great, and does exactly what I want it to do. This bike handles amazing! You can REALLY lean it over far in the turns without losing that feeling of control that some motorcycles leave you without when you take them into a turn... It's a great handling bike, with plenty of pep.

I appreciate all the bumps and interest. I just hope that whoever buys this, if it ever gets sold, will respect it and take good care of it. I don't want to live with knowing that I sold it to some kid who's going to kill himself on it because he watched Biker Boyz and thinks nothing can stop him.....

Stereophile said:
very few bikes hit 150-200k, although i seen a few 100k. bikes can easily last as long as car. reason for them not to be is poor maintenance and abuse. most bikes are dropped, crashed, and even totaled in the first year because of accidents, good or bad. another reason you dont see 100k+ is because probably only 10% of people really ride their bikes daily and some people changes bike as often as they change computer parts. redesigns come out every 2yrs for most popular bikes. since i havnt hit the 50k mark, i dont know about engine rebuild. but a major basic checkup is probably needed like a car.

Early morning bump.... I didn't think I could make it until Friday at work, but it's FINALLY here and I'm sure will be the longest work day of the week ;)

Hope everyone has a good day.. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or interest. :p

Here's another free bump. Yeah I was asking about the lifespan issue cause something weird happened to the last bike I owned. It was a '98 Yamaha YZF-600R. I bought it brand new. After approx 2 years of ownership and about 18k miles it had some kind of catastrophic mechanical failure. I was riding it home from work on the freeway and out of nowhere the engine just died and all the hydraulics along with it. I coasted off to the median and was going to push it farther up the road to an offramp or something but I couldn't even shift it into neutral. I went back about 6 hours later with a friend and his pickup truck and the damn thing was gone. Turned up in Tijuana about a year later, of course the insurance had already paid off on it.

I always wondered what the hell happened to it, and if I had done something wrong. Admittadly, I rode it pretty damn hard. Rowing through the first 4 gears at least a couple times a week and took it to top speed (about 155mph) on the road to Mt Palomar and various other rural roads in Southern California once a month. Nothing like cruising I5 in 4th or 5th gear at 7-8K rpm and just punching it. :D But I always had the dealer do the oil and other services at the recommended intervals. :confused:

At the time, it was my daily driver. I'd love to own another sportbike someday. If I ever pull the trigger again, I will definitely go used.

Guess I'll take full advantage of the every 6 hours bumping rule... lol

Going to start setting an alert on my cell phone to let me know when I can bump it. ;)

MAKE AN OFFER!

Okay, okay.. I'll take $5200 but I'm not going any lower unless you're offering a nice partial trade as well, plus cash. Buy it before I change my mind.

Back