FS: Kawasaki ZX6R motorcycle (Roanoke, VA)

ewb302 said:
Where are the wheelies?

exactly. I've never done a wheelie on this particular bike. It's very much capable of it, but I don't abuse it. Won't have to worry about fork seals on this one because I haven't wheelied it. you know just as well as anyone that it's capable of some nice ones. ;)

Nice bike, and I'm in Martinsville, VA as well.. It's just bad timing though, as I just purchased a new winter beater, if I had seen your offer a few days earlier I probably would've been all over it, at least to try it out..

Good luck selling it though, and here is a free bump for you.

NEODARK said:
Nice bike, and I'm in Martinsville, VA as well.. It's just bad timing though, as I just purchased a new winter beater, if I had seen your offer a few days earlier I probably would've been all over it, at least to try it out..

Good luck selling it though, and here is a free bump for you.

Work something out? :D

Bump! Spent $80 at the shop today.. Had exhaust re-riveted just in case, brake lines flushed, and got the oil changed again so it's fresh for the buyer. It's at 7150 miles now. Come get it!

good time to buy, with gas at $3+ a gallon.

i been riding mine around everywhere this past 2 weeks.

linjy2 said:
good time to buy, with gas at $3+ a gallon.

i been riding mine around everywhere this past 2 weeks.

Good point!

I've bought nothing but 93 octane for it, and that's all that's ever been ran in it with the exception of some 110 octane cam2 (such as today). I usually put about a gallon and a half of it in there if I do it, but I've only put cam2 in it two or three times. Smells good in what is basically a straight pipe with no baffles or anything to stop the wonderful smell of 110 octane :D

Gets amazing mileage with the mixture, but it still gets about twice the mileage of my car if not more per gallon just with 93 octane in it.

I filled up a basically empty tank today for $11.xx at $3.49 a gallon!

Morning bump. Some places are $3.59/gallon for 93 octane here....

Buy it and conserve. :D

Labor Day bump! ...come get it for $5100 cash by September 23rd or I think I'm going to keep it.

I just broke 7500 miles. I went on a trip up the mountain with my girlfriend over the weekend.. Lots of fun to get out on a nice day and just go--wherever the road takes you.

I'm leaning towards keeping it... I've already lined up a guy to paint it, and I'm having another set of wheels dipped in chrome. There are going to be several new things on my bike come summer time, if I keep it.

If it doesn't sell for $5100, I'm riding it until I'm too old to ride. It's now or never.. and when I say never, I mean I'm keeping it forever if I don't sell it. Next bike is going to be a bigger bike. I'd really like to get a ZX10R or a ZX12R.. someone buy this!

...I'll even have the oil changed again before you pick it up so long as there's either a deposit put down on the bike or I have 100% confidence that you're a serious buyer. I've had too many flakes.

Got a guy coming to look at it today. He's responding to a flyer I put up on the bulletin board. :) I'll let you guys know.

$5000!!! ....bike is definitely for sale. I got a ticket tonight and have nice marks on my wrists from handcuffs. I no longer need this.

I'll go out on a limb here and offer my dual Xeon 3.8ghz Xeon (64bit, 800mhz FSB) system in trade. It's not a desktop per se, but it does have a 8x PCIe slot that (I think) can be used for a video card (I'll throw a PCIe 6600 in it to see). You can read the full system details here.

The 3.8ghz Xeons were never released for sale, but going by the pricing for the 3.4s and 3.6, the 3.8s I have would probably retail for about $1000... Each.

I can say that with dual 3.8ghz Xeons and TEN 10,000rpm U320 SCSI drives, it's quite a nice machine ;)

ZeRo_C0oL said:
$5000!!! ....bike is definitely for sale. I got a ticket tonight and have nice marks on my wrists from handcuffs. I no longer need this.

Bummer... Bump for your beautiful bike.

I'd love to pick this up, but my parents know damn well what it's capable of, and won't let me near one.

Thanks for the bumps, guys.

As for the trade, I hope you weren't saying trade straight up.. server for the bike. Either way, that's a really nice machine you've got there but it's a little much for me at this point in time. Since I got this ticket, I'm pretty much willing to give the bike away for a sum of $4800.. It doesn't necessarily have to go, but I'm probably going to spend $3k-4k in and out of court, so I'd like to get $4k cash + trade or something along the likes at the least.. Trying not to take less than $4k+trade, as far as the cash part of the deal. I don't know what's up. I know everyone thinks the riding season is over, but if I were looking for another bike and I saw this one up for sale at a price of $4800 I would have bought it immediately.

Anyway, thanks for the offer, but that's a little out of my league right now. I'd like to get more cash than trade. Let me know if you want to try to work something else out. :p

ZeRo_C0oL said:

With 636cc's of raw power, it seems like it would have almost been too easy to just outrun the bulky crown vic.

SocceRich20 said:
it seems like it would have almost been too easy to just outrun the bulky crown vic.

I won't argue that I could have evaded and escaped, but I cut my losses and pulled over. I'm still in plenty of trouble, and facing a hefty penalty, but it would have only been worse had I ran and 1) been caught, or 2) hurt.

I keep getting the third degree from everyone I've told the story to, and all I hear is "you should have ran." Quite frankly, I thought about it, and I chose to pull over because I knew what the risks were and the likelyhood of actually getting away in that situation. I'd say there would have been a 90% chance of me either being caught and facing worse charges, and more fines.. or me getting hurt, ultimately causing me to pay hospital/medical bills, then still facing those charges and fines at the same time. I kind of needed this to happen to me. I'm not happy that it did, but it was a nice slap in the face to bring me back into reality and to the realization that there are consequences that you face when you make stupid decisions.. I've lost the interest in riding and driving ever since my first experience in handcuffs. I'll save that for the race track next time if I want to go that fast.

...besides, as loud as my motorcycle is, if I had ran and got off the main road, he would have known which direction I went.. It's plenty fast to get away in a straight line and obviously through the curves too but like I said, the risk just wasn't worth it to me. I'm glad I made that decision because he said the second he hit me with radar and decided to come after me, he radio'd the adjacent counties to let them know that there was potential for a motorcycle chase and to get ready to pick up the chase if I ran. Heh... I would have been worse off--trust me.

I've got too much to lose, and I feel like I made a good decision despite the consequences. :p

Running is not the way to go. Pull over and take it like a man. I have a friend that got caught fleeing and eluding (fleony charges) and got a year probation. Running just causes more problems if you get caught. You also risk killing yourself or worse, someone else. Everyone says it is cool to run on a bike, but your adrenaline is jacked so high, you wouldn't have all the correct control of the bike. Criminal records suck too.

ewb302 said:
Running is not the way to go. Pull over and take it like a man. I have a friend that got caught fleeing and eluding (fleony charges) and got a year probation. Running just causes more problems if you get caught. You also risk killing yourself or worse, someone else. Everyone says it is cool to run on a bike, but your adrenaline is jacked so high, you wouldn't have all the correct control of the bike. Criminal records suck too.

Thank you. :)

I know. One of my friends got caught running on a CBR600F4i. I was just propping up your awesome bike, as it is perfectly capable of outrun-quality performance :)

SocceRich20 said:
I know. One of my friends got caught running on a CBR600F4i. I was just propping up your awesome bike, as it is perfectly capable of outrun-quality performance :)

Oh I know.. I appreciate the compliments, I was just trying to explain why I didn't run. It's definitely capable, and I'm a good rider.. I just didn't think it was worth the risk this time.

Like I said, not trying to sound like a jerk.. just explaining why I made the decision I did.

Thank you though :)

Back