Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

Does the 3007 support HDCP? I want to upgrade from my dual 2001FP LCDs to a single widescreen. I know the current 2405FPW don't support it (one of the major reasons I have not upgraded yet) but I have no clue if the 3007 does.

If it does, then I guess I just have to get the 3007 and a new dual-link card. That would make me so sad. ;) :D :D

mai9 said:
jacuzz1, can you post a front shot with the 3007 next to the 2405 both at their lowest position?

thanks in advance :)

BEst i can do , not enough room for side by side

sidebyside1.jpg

sidebside2.jpg

MatDef said:
Beautiful monitor, do you think my gt's can handle gaming at the native res? If they can, I know what I'm buying next. :D

My single GTX KO does with a few exceptions, at this res AA is not necessary but i look foward to sl ot 7900

Cygnus_X1 said:
How about the name of the wallpaper then. It has to be a jpg or bmp I guess.
We could probably track the file down on Google.

Also, I hope you don't live in an earthquake zone. As much as that thing costs, I'd bolt it to the desk.

The name of it is Sharky

CZ100B said:
Good Luck, but I warned ya about that cheap beer!!!! :D :D :D

ROFLMAO

Thanks for the congrats guys'. CS is hillarious, your hand is life size

FitzRoy said:
Although I don't care about the 3007, I do like the styling of it. Mewonders if the new 2407 and 2007 will change to this as well. I hope so.

I am willing to bet it will, i have seen pics of the 17 and yes it does

I got bF2 to laucnh via special forces but it will only offer methe choice of 1024 x 764 in the game setttings, WTF

CS at 2056x1600 looks amazing to the point that yourso destracted you get fragged all to hell the first few moments on line

jacuzz1 said:
My single GTX KO does with a few exceptions, at this res AA is not necessary but i look foward to sl ot 7900

Oh my...I can't believe you just said that!! Wow, those mons must be nice...mmmmMMMM.

jacuzz1 said:
I am willing to be it will, i have seen pics of the 17 and yes it does

Alright man, you just got out of surgery. Should you really be pounding down the Bud that quickly? :p

That thing is, dare I say, sexier than Paris Hilton (don't go there) sprawled naked on my bed.

I realize it's difficult to guage from pictures, but to me it seems rather laborous to read on that thing without upping the text size. The names under your icons are just TINY!!!1

P.S what video card has the letters KO?

Anyways, congrats --- she's a beaut.

jacuzz1 said:
BEst i can do , not enough room for side by side

Thanks for the photos! I can see the 3007 is just barely higher than the 2405, which is a good thing for me :)

the gamer said:
jacuzz1 Please Reread you first Post.

I think it should say 2405 versus 3007 shots on page 2.

But if I am wrong then I am sorry.

SIde note love teh 30'', just which I could get one :( .
Some of us have different "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" settings. :) It's page 2 for me as well, but for most people I'm sure it's really on 3.

LOL that kick ass monitor and it sits on the craptastic $79 Staples desk that I have :p

a ronin said:
That thing is, dare I say, sexier than Paris Hilton (don't go there) sprawled naked on my bed.

I realize it's difficult to guage from pictures, but to me it seems rather laborous to read on that thing without upping the text size. The names under your icons are just TINY!!!1

P.S what video card has the letters KO?

Anyways, congrats --- she's a beaut.

Low light pics are blurry , the text is razor sharp and easy to read. I am using Firefox so when i am reading the forum I recline in my chair and zoom to whatever size font i wish. The screen is very bright , i have her set to 15 of a possible 18 or 20 forgot cuase i am doped up and upstairs on my lappy again.
The KO is the top of the line evga 7800gtx 256 megger 490/1300 and she needs every ounce of clock speed to drive call of Duty 2 at high res. I must say i am surprised at how well the card performs and now realize just how much the card is was held back by my cpu. Dam another upgrade in the works.

mai9 said:
Thanks for the photos! I can see the 3007 is just barely higher than the 2405, which is a good thing for me :)

Yes the 3007 can drop right down to almost table top level, the 2405 is as low as it goes, i set the 3007 the same distance off the table it wouild be much higher than the top of the 2405.

Arkham said:
Some of us have different "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" settings. :) It's page 2 for me as well, but for most people I'm sure it's really on 3.

page 3 for me
sorry did not know there is difference between desktops

Alias said:
LOL that kick ass monitor and it sits on the craptastic $79 Staples desk that I have :p

yep i had a $500 desk that i lost in the fire, got this as a temp and fell in love with it. Its cheap , the right color and very stable ,for me its not the money its the function, so instead of a $ 500 desk. its another upgrade lol.

jacuzz1 said:
page 3 for me
sorry did not know there is difference between desktops
It's in your [H] forum User CP, under "edit options". It's a vBulletin setting. I prefer having as many threads and posts on one page as possible. Saves on page loading.

man :eek:)
that monitor kicks ass. severely tempted to get one when its a bit cheaper and i actually have money. get rid of these clunky CRT's for ever then :D:D
thanks for the pics my man :]

jacuzz1 said:
The KO is the top of the line evga 7800gtx 256 megger 490/1300 and she needs every ounce or clock speed to drive call of Duty 2 at hight res.

Do you run Call of Duty 2 in DirectX 7 or 9 mode? What frame rates do you get? All maxed out?

Could you please post a pic (close up) where we can see a game running at 1280x800? Thank you!

jacuzz1 said:
yep i had a $500 desk that i lost in the fire, got this as a temp and fell in love with it. Its cheap , the right color and very stable ,for me its not the money its the function, so instad of a $ 500 desk. its another upgradee lol.

Thats what I said. I went searching for a new desk, fully intent on having to spend $400-$500. I found that one, and it has everything I need.

Question for you. What is the software that you have for that icy mountain background? I would like to use that for my monitor. Thanks

slaWter said:
Do you run Call of Duty 2 in DirectX 7 or 9 mode? What frame rates do you get? All maxed out?

Could you please post a pic (close up) where we can see a game running at 1280x800? Thank you!

Still a little ill dude, i will get you a run later today with fraps. I have to take it easy so i am snoozing and posting intermitantly

jacuzz1 said:
Still a little ill dude, i will get you a run later today with fraps. I have to take it easy so i am snoozing and posting intermitantly

No problem at all. I'll wait. Take care of yourself.

slaWter said:

DX 9 of course: Top one was taken at 2056x1600 then compressed and resized
Bottom was taken agt 1280 x800 , both done in photo shop so the pics dont do justice,

If i post the original highr res you guys will be here all day,. the main thing was the FPS

cod2c.jpg

settings for the shot below:
settingcod.jpg

cod2b.jpg

jacuzz1 said:
DX 9 of course: Top one was taken at 2056x1600 then compressed and resized
Bottom was taken agt 1280 x800 , both done in photo shop so the pics dont do justice,

If i post the original highr res you guys will be here all day,. the main thing was the FPS

She feels smoother than the fps would indicate , however i cannot wait till 7900 so i can play this gane like i did on my 2405 with two ko in sli.Dam i wish i had not let go one of my cards..........poor planning but i was gettting ready for 7900

oddly enought you see aliasing in the compressed 2056x1600 shot but in reality the res is so high , not an issue you dont see it. I suspect its from the jpeg compression

Can you play BF2 at that resolution with settings on max will lighting and such? How does it look at 1920x1200?

Thanks again. You wrote 2056x1600 but you mean 2560x1600 right?
Did you try DX7 because it would be much smoother at 2560x1600? I play at DX7 for multiplayer. DX9 is too demanding.

One last wish^^ Would it be possible to take a photo of the screen (close up) running at 1280x800 during a gaming session? Not a screenshot, a normal photo. With such a photo we're able to see how it looks like at 1280x800 (sharpness...). That would be awesome!

Thank you so far!

slaWter said:
Thanks again. You wrote 2056x1600 but you mean 2560x1600 right?
Did you try DX7 because it would be much smoother at 2560x1600? I play at DX7 for multiplayer. DX9 is too demanding.

One last wish^^ Would it be possible to take a photo of the screen (close up) running at 1280x800 during a gaming session? Not a screenshot, a normal photo. With such a photo we're able to see how it looks like at 1280x800 (sharpness...). That would be awesome!

Thank you so far!

Yes i am doped up and my gd camera batteries are not good, i charged them for hours and got two shots. I can help you with that in a day or so and yeh i typed the res wrong lol

jacuzz1 said:
Yes i am doped up and my gd camera batteries are not good, i charged them for hours and got two shots. I can help you with that in a day or so and yeh i typed the res wrong lol

Ok, thx. Still sooner than my 3007. It arrives in 1-2 weeks. The shipment sometimes takes long in europe/switzerland without priority shipment. It's hard to wait so long :(

In the posting above where you show the nice wallpaper :) Is there the font size (icons) incresed?

slaWter said:
Ok, thx. Still sooner than my 3007. It arrives in 1-2 weeks. The shipment sometimes takes long in europe/switzerland without priority shipment. It's hard to wait so long :(

In the posting above where you show the nice wallpaper :) Is there the font size (icons) incresed?

I run extra large fonts in the appearence tab if thats your question oh and congrates on you monitor !! You will not be disappointed.

Now the real problem is finding games that support 2560x1600 for that extra added goodness :D I have 1 gripe about this monitor. I have had people inform me that it only supports 2 resolutions 2560x1600 *requires dual link dvi cable (not sure if included) and a dual link dvi compatible videocard. or 1280x800

Look under factory preset resolutions
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...fp?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

I have tried setting custom resolutions but none worked. I wouldn't mind personally as I can run 2560x1600 but if I couldn't I'd be a bit bothered, to be honest

Hm, well Call of Duty and CS source supports the full res.
I run Quake Four in a 1600x1200 window , looks cool. I have already played all of these games.I purhcased her for the future ones. That would also explain why I can only get 1024 x 764 as a max res choice in bf2 for some reason but the monitor does scale to fit at that res and it still looks great. Quake automaticaly jumped to a window for some reason but i did have a chat forum opened when I launched.

The dual link cable came with it and my GTX supports dual link So much fun so little time

hope that helps

jacuzz1 said:
Hm, well Call of Duty and CS source supports the full res.
I run Quake Four in a 1600x1200 window , looks cool. I have already played all of these games.I purhcased her for the future ones. That would also explain why I can only get 1024 x 764 as a max res choice in bf2 for some reason but the monitor does scale to fit at that res and it still looks great. Quake automaticaly jumped to a window for some reason but i did have a chat forum opened when I launched.

The dual link cable came with it and my GTX supports dual link So much fun so little time

hope that helps

My 1 gripe about this Fantastic monitor is not so much if it will fit the screen because I would expect the games to stretch full screen, (if not your GTX has driver options to stretch the screen) it's really about 2 resolutions being your only options. Desktop space is a big reason someone would purchase this monitor. If your at 1280x800 on this humongous pannel i'd imagine your icons would be pretty huge, which could be an issue for some people. I just think there should have been options for 1280x960 1366x768 1680x1050 & 1920x1200 is all.

After I loaded the inf file for the monitor I got the following options Oh and using firefox (ctrl+) I increase the font to a comfortable size on the fly when surfing .When I do spreads I will be on top of the screen so no worries there.I am sorry but for me this baby is just flat out perfect. Well almost, I still need to upgrade Video Card and CPU lol.,.........digital crack

800x600
1024x764
1280x800
1600x900
2056x1600

Back