Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

Hey Jacuzz, really awesome huge monitor...I wish I could get one for HDTV movie but my vid card can't burden that high rez...BTW, any chance of screenshots of DOOM3 or HL2?
Congratz again man :cool:

Lord_Exodia said:
I just think there should have been options for 1280x960 1366x768 1680x1050 & 1920x1200 is all.

You can add every resolution you want in the nVidia Control Panel. I did the same with my current 23" Apple. No problems so far.

Here is a nice review at prad.de (german, translated to english):
http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

Interpolation is fine they say, glad to hear!

jacuzz1, do you launch BF2 with the special shortcut parameters for your resolution? Otherwise it reads the driver resolutions and shows only the supported ones.
But if you add this, it should work:
"....\BF2.exe" +menu1 +fullscreen1 +szx 2560 +szy 1600

In the review above the also had a problem running Doom 3. I think its a config problem...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/
Always a good help.

Dutt1113 said:
Jeez Man, instead of blowing your life savings on an lcd for your computer, maybe you should think about investing in some furniature and maybe some decorations for your walls. LOL

lol...samething i was thinking...like wow...he spent alot on this monitor, but his house looks sooo dull, but maybe he just bought it.

Nomikal said:
lol...samething i was thinking...like wow...he spent alot on this monitor, but his house looks sooo dull, but maybe he just bought it.

That is my cellar, my house is fully furnished and i am in the process of deciding exactly what i will do in the cellar. Its a recreational area. I plan to buiy a plasma for upstairs and bring my high def rear projection to the cellar to replace the 32 that is there now. I have a card table and plan on adding a bar and pool table. The floor is commercial grade vinyl and is virtually indestructable so my kids can go wild. I have robot that keeps the floor clean and a full refrigerator freezer ofr my beer and goodies. There is also an area for my Bowflex, The fireplace is a custom facing and i am having a custom made heatilator installed. These things take time. Buying a monitor does not. I do appreciate your concern though.

jekyll917 said:
Hey Jacuzz, really awesome huge monitor...I wish I could get one for HDTV movie but my vid card can't burden that high rez...BTW, any chance of screenshots of DOOM3 or HL2?

Doom 3 is out since i gave it away
i will fire up HF2 again for an out door scene when i get home

jacuzz1 said:
That is my cellar, my house is fully furnished and i am in the process of deciding exactly what i will do in the cellar. Its a recreational area. I plan to buiy a plasma for upstairs and bring my high def rear projection to the cellar to replace the 32 that is there now. I have a card table and plan on adding a bar and pool table. The floor is commercial grade vinyl and is virtually indestructable so my kids can go wild. I have robot that keeps the floor clean and a full refrigerator freezer ofr my beer and goodies. There is also an area for my Bowflex, The fireplace is a custom facing and i am having a custom made heatilator installed. These things take time. Buying a monitor does not. I do appreciate your concern though.

Somebodies making a good living me thinks....

slaWter said:
You can add every resolution you want in the nVidia Control Panel. I did the same with my current 23" Apple. No problems so far.

http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

jacuzz1, do you launch BF2 with the special shortcut parameters for your resolution? Otherwise it reads the driver resolutions and shows only the supported ones.

In the review above the also had a problem running Doom 3. I think its a config problem...

Always a good help.

Oh man thanks that is exactly what i was looking for, i am wicked sick again so it will be a few days but thanks..........(fucking pain has me up at 3 am. going to see my personal physician for a second opinion later today) Having a morphine moment here whew.........t

I tired the short cut but it did not work, maybe i am typing it n wrong?
perhaps give me the whole thing start to finish?

iownyou14 said:
Can you play BF2 at that resolution with settings on max will lighting and such? How does it look at 1920x1200?

I dont know, i have not been able to launch at and get that res as a choice however one of the boys gave me a config short cut line to enter to get that resolution, I will try it when i am feeling better. I am hurting big time right now. I am bed ridden with my laptop. I will need a couple of day. (fuck i should not have used the snow blower so soon set me back a bit)
One draw back to good drugs is you dont know your hurting yourself. :eek:

jekyll917 said:

Thanks man, i will do a HF2 screenshot when I get back from the Doctors if he does not admit me to the hospital. Keep your fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

jacuzz1 said:
Thanks man, i will do a HF2 screenshot when I get back from the Doctors if he does not admit me to the hospital. Keep your fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

what the hell did you do ?

Here is one shot and i will link to the rest since they are huge, remember the jaggies are not there in real life, its from the compression, It would take a 9 meg download to give you the real deal

hl2-2006-02-14-15-48-05-75.jpg

More

http://members.cox.net/jmpetruzz/hl2-2006-02-14-15-39-14-87.jpg

http://members.cox.net/jmpetruzz/hl2-2006-02-14-15-41-53-70.jpg

http://members.cox.net/jmpetruzz/hl2-2006-02-14-15-44-25-64.jpg

morpheus6d9 said:
what the hell did you do ?

Dont know, they thought is was my gall bladder but so far tests are inconclusive. Going in for a Cat Scan tommorrow.

slaWter said:

Always a good help.

Not sure why but the short cut string does not work . Any ideas?

jacuzz1 said:
Not sure why but the short cut string does not work . Any ideas?

Here's my string:

"D:\Games\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200

But this is only for BF2, not Special Forces.

slaWter said:
Do you run Call of Duty 2 in DirectX 7 or 9 mode? What frame rates do you get? All maxed out?

Could you please post a pic (close up) where we can see a game running at 1280x800? Thank you!

did another run this time at 2056x1600 with medium textures, kept trilinear, and she plays in the 40's , up from 13fpsand its a dream. Cannot wiat for 7900 so i can crank up the candy

jacuzz1 said:
Dont know, they thought is was my gall bladder but so far tests are inconclusive. Going in for a Cat Scan tommorrow.

:D It's the beer!!!!! :p

Am I the only one who thinks that the 3007 doesn't look much bigger than the 2407?

RyanVM said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the 3007 doesn't look much bigger than the 2407?

no, but thats only in pics...i thought the westy 37's looked small till i saw the monster in person

RyanVM said:

Assuming the 2407 is roughly the same size that my 2405 was, this 30 dwarfs it.I took the pic at an angle to cut down on the flash back from the cam so there is a bit of an optical illusion. Pictures do not do this thing justice. It is a spectacular display

jacuzz1 said:
did another run this time at 2056x1600 with medium textures, kept trilinear, and she plays in the 40's , up from 13fpsand its a dream. Cannot wiat for 7900 so i can crank up the candy
Nice performance jump! Sill DX9?
But I don't like to play at medium. But for CoD2 MP I'm going to use DX7 anyway, less smoke^^

Also the BF2 pic is hot, thanks! Gaming at that res is like a dream. Can't wait but I called Dell and they told me it's here by the end of NEXT week, damn!

7900 would be nice. I dont't know what to do right now. Buy one 7900 GTX or wait for another SLI with G80 in summer/fall. First I'll read the reviews... but I think I wait for G80 (more improvements than just performance).
Perhaps I'll buy a Dual Link DVI Switchbox from Gefen for my gaming pc and the MacBook Pro.... but there are bad rumors around this switchbox, hm.

The emerision factor it intense cuase your character is almost life size. Congrates on your purchase. You wont be disappointed

slaWter said:
Nice performance jump! Sill DX9?
But I don't like to play at medium. But for CoD2 MP I'm going to use DX7 anyway, less smoke^^

Also the BF2 pic is hot, thanks! Gaming at that res is like a dream. Can't wait but I called Dell and they told me it's here by the end of NEXT week, damn!

7900 would be nice. I dont't know what to do right now. Buy one 7900 GTX or wait for another SLI with G80 in summer/fall. First I'll read the reviews... but I think I wait for G80 (more improvements than just performance).
Perhaps I'll buy a Dual Link DVI Switchbox from Gefen for my gaming pc and the MacBook Pro.... but there are bad rumors around this switchbox, hm.

dude its all about the smoke. talk about realizm,............ this games graphics are amazing, i am close to buying a xt1900 , must resist........just weeks to go must resist

jacuzz1 said:
dude its all about the smoke. talk about realizm,............ this games graphics are amazing, i am close to buying a xt1900 , must resist........just weeks to go must resist
Stay with nVidia please^^

I know, but CoD 2 is coded badly and in mp games I need a constant framerate. With DX9 when sniping it's unplayalbe for me... I have to lower to 1280x800. Forget about 2560^^
With DX7 there is still smoke but the frames are up even at 1920. I think 2560 would be possible, otherwise DX9 and 1280.

slaWter said:
Stay with nVidia please^^

Huh? I've used both and there's no quality loss or issues on either card. ATI"s part's noticeably faster tho.

I have the 3007WFP also and I'm going with an ATI card when I upgrade, mostly because better video quality. I watch a lot of movies and stuff with this display and my current 7800GT is very unsatisfactory in that regard.

Wow thats big! Is it a monitor or a gawdamn window? :eek:

Any word on weather this will drive down the cost of their "smaller" widescreen FP's?

weemies said:
I have the 3007WFP also and I'm going with an ATI card when I upgrade, mostly because better video quality. I watch a lot of movies and stuff with this display and my current 7800GT is very unsatisfactory in that regard.
dude I felt the same way until i used nvdvd. The difference was very noticeable, i dont know why but now you cannot find it seperately. I wish i had kept it but i sent it along with the 6800 Ultra i had

weemies said:

Really? Thats a bit disturbing. I would think it would do at least a decent job playing movies with this monitor.

Back