[H]orde|Bowl II: Contest Rules and Signups

toymachineman19 said:
Probably some sort of dual core box, which would certainly be quite a prize :)

Hopefully it's stuck inside the shuttle that's on the top of the trophy, although I'd like it in black rather then chrome. SN25P X2 shuttle maybe...

Heh... I was hope you guys would get it off that one. I'd be worried if you hadn't.

Doug has generously offered to donate a 3800+ X2. Even better, he's got two chips on hand, and we get the better overclocker :D. P[H] is supplying an SLI board... Asus I believe. Nothing else is final right now. It's going to be going into that nicely modded case Fenris donated, hopefully you all remember it. Not quote sure about hard drives or cd rom, but they will most likley be something old... thats really I have in store. Ram will probably be 512MB, maybe a gig. Depends on what I can get ahold of. A PSU, I dunno quite what I am gunna do about that yet. Probably gunna try to find as good a unit as possible for $50 or so. If someone has anything decent they could give me a deal on, PM me :)

So, there you have it folks. We did want to keep it a surprise a bit longer, but I want to see some more entrants! Hopefully a dual core setup will entire a few more people into signing up :).

Should we start folding under the "dead" names now? Or next week? Should I read the rules? :)

You can start folding under your names at any time now, just make sure they are on before the first game starts. The preseason games are at your discretion if you want to run during those. As for the recent entrants, I've been out of state this weekend and just got home. Usernames will be assigned and things will be updated probably tomorrow morning.

Well, count me in. Need to beat Ben at yet another thing...

brownboi512 said:
first time folder and im all setup

count me in
Sweet :D
Welcome to the Addiction....perfect time for you to join...this will be fun :D If you have any question...just ask

I want in

I have been mia for awhile but it is time to come back

Duster said:
I want in

I have been mia for awhile but it is time to come back

Damn right it is! I haven't seen you around there parts in far to long...

I have had 3 jobs for awhile now :(

But school is back on so late nights of not doing hw

Also soon I will have some pics on a lil something I have been working on all summer (think ATM that folds)

Duster said:
I have had 3 jobs for awhile now :(

But school is back on so late nights of not doing hw

Also soon I will have some pics on a lil something I have been working on all summer (think ATM that folds)

Anything that folds and gives me money at the same time is a winner!

so... count me in... gonna be waiting patiently for the name i'm supposed to fold on while doing some final tweaks to my main rig.

what kinda tweaks make folding go faster?
faster speed cpu? or what?

MOZZ said:
what kinda tweaks make folding go faster?
faster speed cpu? or what?
Fastest chip you can find with it OC'ed has far as you can go....and with at least 512mb ram and have it do NOTHING ELSE but fold.

The current entrants I have as of right now are:

Have Usernames
sawatt
roftranspo
8fingers
Krayzie135
OSUguy98
RPhArrow
Pocatello
ND40oz
upriverpaddler
amenthes
Slayten
darktiger
ICE_9
Hito Bahadur
toymachineman19
Party2go9820

Need Usernames
justakid
applejacks
Oldbenwa
sobe
marty9876
brownboi512
Duster
Jon855
lamb110

Up to 25 thus far, still need 7 more players to fill out the bracket. Those of you who 5don't have usernames yet will have to wait on me a bit longer. Seems my connection to my home box is down this morning so I can't get to my spreadsheet. Hopefully this evening.

Add me up on the list... Send me a username that I should fold under and for which team... PM me... I want to get on although I've no chance of winning... The rules is that only one system is to be folding for the Bowl?

I wouldn't say you have no chance. There are a ton of variables out there that can sway things one way or the other. Last year everyone thought the QMD's were going to run away with the competition, but they were kept in check. So there's plenty of hope! :D

Jon855 said:
Add me up on the list... Send me a username that I should fold under and for which team... PM me... I want to get on although I've no chance of winning... The rules is that only one system is to be folding for the Bowl?

It's not all about who has the best system. It all comes down to luck really. Sure, if you throw in a really slow chip in the ring, you wont fair well, but any modern CPU should be able to compete.

Viper87227 said:
It's not all about who has the best system. It all comes down to luck really. Sure, if you throw in a really slow chip in the ring, you wont fair well, but any modern CPU should be able to compete.

who won last year and what were they running?

I thought there was talk of using yurt this year so you wouldn't have to change usernames? :(

There was, but we couldn't get the information in a format that we can use. :(

we were.... but we couldn't figure out a way to grab all the data we'd need.... Mainly, it goes back to the problem(s) that mike has struggled with since beginning YURT... He couldn't tell us when the WU was completed, just when it was sent to him.... you could go for a few days without returning data to YURT, and then return 3 or 4 or 5 days worth of work, which would all have the same date/time on them... So we couldn't score things the way we did last year... So we stuck with the original....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

roftranspo said:
where is poddo? Not going to defend his title?
poddo.jpg

roftranspo said:
where is poddo? Not going to defend his title?

I tried to get ahold of him to tell him he better get his ass to the forums and play... but he's nowhere to be found.

I'm in :) it'll give me an excuse to get some new memory so i can overclock the crap outta my cpu.

Okay, I guess I am "save button impared" so everyone that I sent a name to thus far needs to reply back to me with the name I gave them. That way I can get the rest of these names sent out. :(

*shakes head in shame* must..... click.... save..... button...... :D

p[H]ant0m said:
Okay, I guess I am "save button impared" so everyone that I sent a name to thus far needs to reply back to me with the name I gave them. That way I can get the rest of these names sent out. :(
FIRED ;)

roftranspo said:

I'll show ya fired. :p I've got enough replies though now, I just needed a few to verify the pattern I used to fill out the brackets.

On that note, all of those who have entered now have usernames, and we still have spaced open for 7 more people. I'd hope we can have all of those filled by the weekend with the first preseason games kicking off, but if not, we'll leave entries open through the preseason to fill out the field.

I really like my user name. It is like I picked it out myself or something

So do we get to view the brackets and if we do, does it show our actual username or bowl username?

ND40oz said:
So do we get to view the brackets and if we do, does it show our actual username or bowl username?

Any time we post scores and such, it will be your forum name. The only people that I can think of that will ever know your folding name are you, phantom, and myself.

Nope... the spreadsheet runs off of a cross-reference table that has your forum name, and your contest folding name.... from that, 99.9% of what p[H] and Viper would look at is with the forum handles only, so unless they specifically look for which name you're folding under, they won't even know.....

Back