Half-Life 2 on sale at the Best Buy in Niles, IL

I wonder what happens if the manager finds out whats going on here at this store. Either he will punish the employee who let it out or the store will get attacked by valve. You pulled off your purchase with stealth my man!

Mincemeat said:
I wonder what happens if the manager finds out whats going on here at this store. Either he will punish the employee who let it out or the store will get attacked by valve. You pulled off your purchase with stealth my man!

It was my gf man, she = teh win :cool:

well its still not playable

hl2installed.jpg

eh, doesn't matter to me, I won't be installing it until Dec. 25th anyway :D Call it a self-imposed restriction, if you will ... I have a metric fuckton of school work to do. Hell, I bought GTA:SA a week ago and still haven't played it for more than an hour :eek:

Your GF isnt by any chance the blonde who works the cust service desk and always has that happy smile on her face, is she? Id be flattered if that was her :)

Mincemeat said:
Your GF isnt by any chance the blonde who works the cust service desk and always has that happy smile on her face, is she? Id be flattered if that was her :)

Nope.
pod_garage.jpg

Ring any bells?

Man if only the hat wasnt blocking her face. Otherwise i think I know Ive seen her before.

evildre said:
eh, doesn't matter to me, I won't be installing it until Dec. 25th anyway :D Call it a self-imposed restriction, if you will ... I have a metric fuckton of school work to do. Hell, I bought GTA:SA a week ago and still haven't played it for more than an hour :eek:

dude i admire your determination... that is crazy i could never do what you do

-warsaw

He wont let it sit there until christmas. Everyone will be talking about it and it will spread like wildfire to his brain and he will not be able to overcome it.

This post is the first one I’ve seen with a receipt, with any luck steam will unlock it.

logan1 said:
thats exactly what i said a few post back on page 2

what i ment was I took that screen shot and posted it on steam lol its cool ^^ :cool: :D

warsawtag said:
dude i admire your determination... that is crazy i could never do what you do

-warsaw

I've done it many times before, so it's nothing new to me :cool:

To debunk the BS about HL2 being unlocked early

(From my friend at another site.)

It looks as tho a store slipped the release date of HL2. I have HL2 in box already. Dont believe me: I direct you to here: http://www.llamabreeders.net/no_lies_at_all.jpg

Don't worry about it tho, it was pulled from the shelves already cuz well its 5 days early. It was shipped so early that bb corp. didnt have the release date in the system.

Hello,
We noticed that you just registered a Half-Life 2 key. Where did you come across a copy of the game?

You're not in trouble or anything, but you're registered pretty early, and the game isn't activated just yet.

Thanks,

Erik Johnson
Valve

My friend got this email from Erik at Valve, cuz he registered early. Its actually a really amusing story.

P.S. not actually me someone else at another forum

Personally I find the e-mail that guy got kinda creepy. Like ten mins. later the FBI will knock down that kids door and confiscate his machine and copy of HL2 :eek:

ok, i'm going to bed. Gotta wake up early to go work out :cool: Good night, people :cool:

logan1 said:
i bet all the people @ valve and VU are shittin bricks right now........
i dunno what for, some of them are probally trying to figure out if they are gonna get a ferrari or lamborghini. :p

Bad_Boy said:
i dunno what for, some of them are probally trying to figure out if they are gonna get a ferrari or lamborghini. :p

I dunno, in their shoes I'd probably get a twin-turbo Lotus Elise and buy something nice for my gf, because she ROCKS :cool:

Now I'm going to bed. Really this time.

The most common sense answer is that this is all just a marketing ploy to create a bigger buzz. Like when they had their source code "stolen" and people arrested, because they were just a year behind on development. :p

sanosuke2999 said:
The most common sense answer is that this is all just a marketing ploy to create a bigger buzz :p

dude i was thinking the same thing........ :D

I hope they don't screw up my plans to start playing at 3am EST Nov 11. It may be because I'm too tired to start playing tonight but I don't think they'll change plans this late in the game. But who knows? Metallica pushed the release of their last album up 5 days because of piracy (no metallica flames, please).

well its now 00:03 and no sign of it unlocking looks like its 4 more days

Yeah.. I'd doubt Valve would release it early cuz it was just a store or two (or a few more) that sold prematurely.

Now if like mannnnny people got HL2 early, then theyd prob unlock it. Otherwise, don't get ur hopes up.

The reason that they aren't going to unlock it early is because it doesn't matter how many people get it from Best Buy, they have coffee mug coasters until November 16th. Sure, you can install it, you can watch the pretty little progress bar fill up, but when it comes time to unlock it and authenticate through Steam -- ruh, roh, it's not November 16th.

sanosuke2999 said:
Like when they had their source code "stolen" and people arrested, because they were just a year behind on development. :p
No they weren't, wtf are you talking about?? Half Life 2 was announced just before E3 last year(2003) and everyone was told it would be released on September 30, 2003. On September 15(or right around there) the source code was stolen, or a majority of it was at least. It was then compiled into a semi-working "game" and released on the internet. Most of the artwork was missing and basically nothing was done.
So as you can see it was stolen BEFORE it was supposed to be out....of course it never would have come out on Sept 30 anyway. However a year delay after that makes a lot of sense when you have the source code floating around, think of what hackers/cheaters can do WITHOUT the source...and now give them the source.

I can't wait until they flip the switch on the 16th.... mmmmm Half Life 2 (Glad im not in school ;p) Nintendo DS, NFSU2, this month keeps getting better and better.

logan1 said:
dude u need to kiss her feet or any other body part she'll let u lick...... :D

pfft, i'm approximately 13987 steps ahead oh you there, chief :D

Several games have had their street date broken recently with the mention that <developer> said they would release it is the street date was broken.

Does anybody have link where somebody at Valve actually said this? It would seem to me that release dates are managed by the publisher, not the developer.

Valve will keep it locked until the 16th even if we all had copies. So, guess what? We lose.

I don't see how you consider it losing. The game is coming out when they said that it would be, just a few retailers got a little jumpy.

Some guy on Gen[M]ay posted a link here ... so that's why this thread has 6500+ views :p

Back