I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

What are your thoughts on the reverse flow? I really dig this case, but the thought of my Tuniq belching off its heat into my hard drive kind of scares me. I was thinking along the lines of making it front to back, but then the exhaust of the powersupply would be getting sucked into the new 'intake' in the front. So hard to want small but always drawing the conclusion that heat=big case. Unless you guys can think of something better? Somehow water cooling with a top mount radiator in this case like is shown elsewhere in these forums seems like such a sweet idea.
Honestly, you don't have a whole lot to worry about. I have a tuniq in mine and the intake fan blows DIRECTLY onto the tuniq so temps are actually pretty good regardless. I wouldn't worry about the hard drives being too hot because the exhaust fan is right in front of them so they get a good amount of airflow over them. When I checked last, my seagate 7200.10 320gb was running right around 30-35C. I really wouldn't worry about the reverse airflow. I really like it actually because now the case exhausts out the front instead of pushing it out under my desk like it used to.

OK I definitely would like to see pics of someone's rig with this A05 AND the Tuniq with the A05's reverse air flow, and what kind of temps they get...keep us updated

What are your thoughts on the reverse flow? I really dig this case, but the thought of my Tuniq belching off its heat into my hard drive kind of scares me. I was thinking along the lines of making it front to back, but then the exhaust of the powersupply would be getting sucked into the new 'intake' in the front. So hard to want small but always drawing the conclusion that heat=big case. Unless you guys can think of something better? Somehow water cooling with a top mount radiator in this case like is shown elsewhere in these forums seems like such a sweet idea.

Well if you REALLY wanted to reverse the air flow couldn't you just open up the power supply and turn the fan around? (Make it the 'true' ATX spec) I suppose one with a 12cm fan on it might be a little difficult....

So far: This Case is [H]ardness

P5N-E SLI (0401)
E4300 w/ Tuniq Tower 120 @ 2.4
Hiper 580W
2 x Raptor 36GB / Raid 0
500 GB WD coming soon (storage drive)
SB Audigy 2
EVGA 8800 GTX
G.Skill DDR2 800
Case Fans / Yate Loons

So far testing overclock to 2.4, with the Zalman flower the NB is at 52C. Is this a high temp for the NB? Thats the only reason I haven't pushed it higher. Also adding another Zalman to the SouthBridge, man that things hot.

The 8800 GTX fits perfectly with room to spare, also with the Samsung short dvd writer theres room for SLI.

Installing a 11x12 Window Kit this weekend, with pre-drilled 120mm fan mount (added exhaust for the 8800, it needs it badly)

1000869xb4.jpg

(added exhaust for the 8800, it needs it badly)

Yep, 8800's are good for cooking, lol. The Antec double slot blower set on low is very quiet and works great for guiding the 8800 exhaust right out of the case. Nice looking rig!

Man, that's a sweet rig. I need to build a new one for my PC-65B. My current P4 Prescott rig is not quite cutting it anymore. I guess I'll wait to build one come fall and college.

I really like that case, although it seems kinda small. I'm used to mid/full towers, I guess. It would be great for bolting a handle or 2 to the top and carrying to LAN parties! :D

Rurki's picture sold me, ill be getting this case with my new system this summer.. along with that awesome Hiper modular PSU.

Nice Rurki. I was wondering how it would look with the Hiper Type R PSU, because that's what I'm going to use in mine. Let us know how the window mod turns out and post pics.

Update:

Lapped the tuniq tower and northbridge with 2000 grain sandpaper. The Zalman flower was kicking nasty temps so I went back the the stock cooler (lapped).

Running solid at 3.0Ghz with idle 32C CPU and 45C NB. Gonna stress test now.

Window is complete with 120mm Yate loon fan providing added exhaust. Also threw in some UV lighting to brighten up the Hiper 580W cables.

Check it out. Note to self, get better lighting for pictures.

1000874ia4.jpg

1000875sn1.jpg

1000884lo3.jpg

nice, the window looks great [except molding is a tad too thick for me :(]

how did hte window exhaust mess with ur temps

The window venting helped a lot, the 8800GTX was kicking off some nasty head.

CPU under load is 35C at 3.1ghz and NB is 48C, also the GPU is 73C under load now instead of previous 80C.

Of course I am running the Tuniq fan at 1400 RPM, cant stand a loud fan.

thanks...that's a fine looking system. I bet you'll see more of that case around the forums now.

Congrats, the case looks really nice and I'm thinking about getting one myself, but where did you get that side panel at?

I was looking at the case already and have been very tempted to go with it...but I might be trading my X850XT Mastercard for a V1000 so I dunno.

Very nice pic though Rurki...almost has me sold. ;)

I added the side panel from a window kit at frozencpu.com, bought the 12x12 and have to cut it to 12x11 in order to fit. (my first window mod)

Heat isn't an issue at all now that I added the window fan.

Very nice...a bit off topic, but the C2D sticker on the front kinda kills it for me...but the GSkill badge blends in nicely. :D

Very nice...a bit off topic, but the C2D sticker on the front kinda kills it for me...but the GSkill badge blends in nicely. :D

Funny you say that, my wife thinks the same thing. I am going to remove it and mount the UV light switch in its place.

Yeah I'm not a fan of those stickers either.

The window looks really nice. The picture really makes me want it but I have never modded anything before.

Would you mind linking me to the side panel you got? I can't seem to find it. :eek:

The window looks really nice. The picture really makes me want it but I have never modded anything before.

Would you mind linking me to the side panel you got? I can't seem to find it. :eek:

I never modded before this either, so don't worry.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g42...-Acrylic_Windows-Fan_Mount_Windows-Page1.html

I used the 12x12 with 120mm fan mount, had to get a cutter at home depot to cut it to 12x11 to fit the case.

http://www.artstuff.net/general_acrylic_cutter.htm

Cutting the case was easy, if you have a dremel tool just get the

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/attachm...accessory-detail.htm?H=188549&G=66357&I=66359

It cuts the case like butter.

I never modded before this either, so don't worry.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g42...-Acrylic_Windows-Fan_Mount_Windows-Page1.html

I used the 12x12 with 120mm fan mount, had to get a cutter at home depot to cut it to 12x11 to fit the case.

http://www.artstuff.net/general_acrylic_cutter.htm

Cutting the case was easy, if you have a dremel tool just get the

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/attachm...accessory-detail.htm?H=188549&G=66357&I=66359

It cuts the case like butter.

Thanks for the links, I hope to build in a month or two and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this case now, now I just have to not jack up the window.

Wanted to purchase this case as I see it fits an 8800GTX. And since I only have one hard drive space shouldn't matter.

The only concern I have is whether or not my PSU, which is Silverstone ST56ZF, will get hot since the exhaust doesn't have much ventilation.

And in the future I plan to get a new PSU when R600 comes out. And most likely it will have a 120 mm fan. How much clearance will the PSU have for the fan? And can the PSU be inverted?

I don't believe your PSU will be an issue and the newer unit with 120mm will have about 3/4 inch clearance. Currently my PSU has a 120mm intake and 80mm exhaust and never seems to get hot.

I don't believe your PSU will be an issue and the newer unit with 120mm will have about 3/4 inch clearance. Currently my PSU has a 120mm intake and 80mm exhaust and never seems to get hot.

Neither does mine...the GameXstream stays quite cool...but isn't THAT great of a power supply.

Just thought I would include a few more pics of another PC-A05B.

NewPC10.jpg

NewPC11.jpg

NewPC12.jpg

NewPC13.jpg

- Intel E6600 at 2.4Ghz
- EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR 680i SLI
- PNY 8800 GTX at 576/900Mhz
- WD 74GB Raptor
- Maxtor 250GB Diamondmax 10
- Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
- 2 x 1GB GEIL PC2 8000 at 667Mhz
- Pioneer 16x DVD-RW

Haven't really done any overclocking yet, still trying to get the memory to run up to specs without the machine locking up.

Must say I really like this case. Suckers suprisingly heavy for it's size when it's fully loaded, but then I am use to Shuttle's so anything seems heavy to me now.

Idle Temps: CPU 41'C GPU 69'C
Load Temps: CPU 49'C GPU 76'C

Think I'll be changing out the stock CPU heatsink before I overclock it much.

wtfharddrivecageremoval!

good call. that things got GOBS of airflow now. :cool:

hmmm... I've got a Matrix Orbital and a LL Card reader that both are pretty shallow...
maybe I'll jimmy rig my two hard drives in those bays too...

Looks great Venomm! I am worry about the Raptor without any cooling tho...

I have a Cooldrive 3 for the raptor, but it's silver kind of throws off the all black front bezel so fo now it sits in the lower part of the drive cage to give it maximum contact with the aluminium for as much cooling as it can get. Hopfully I will find something better

wtfharddrivecageremoval!

good call. that things got GOBS of airflow now. :cool:

hmmm... I've got a Matrix Orbital and a LL Card reader that both are pretty shallow...
maybe I'll jimmy rig my two hard drives in those bays too...

Thanks alot. Yeah, having the drive cage outta there cuts down on options for the drives, but man does it improve the airflow. I am really impressed with your setup as well. Putting a Water cooling setup in a case this size is no small feat, litterally. I'd like to put a vent on top with a 12cm exhaust fan to vent some of the heat from the Videocard.

I'd like to put a vent on top with a 12cm exhaust fan to vent some of the heat from the Videocard.

Check out the Antec double slot blower...works wonders for keeping 8800 heat out of the case quietly.

Hey. I've been looking at the A05B quite a bit as of late and I've had a few questions on my mind that maybe one of you can help me with. It looks like it might from looking at some of the pics, but would one of the bigger 8800 GTX cards fit. In particular, this one:

http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=768-P2-N837-AR&family=23

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130078

And also, I've got a PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 that's pretty long. I'm more worried about this power supply being too long than the card. It's 7" inches long:

http://www.pcpower.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S61EPS&view=about

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817703005

The motherboard is an EVGA 680i. Thanks for the help.

Back