I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

I can't speak for the GTX (other screenshots I've seen had no problem, but you may want to get photographic confirmation) but I have the 610 as my PSU in my build and it fits no problem.

EDIT: Denki is right. The A05 really has quite a bit of room to work. The thing to remember is that it's really no shorter than a normal mid-tower case, it's just not as tall. The length from front to back is similar to anything you'd find so long cards and assorted other components should fit no problem. All you're really sacrificing is extra bay space, but if you're like me and don't use it anyway, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

the evga 8800 actually isn't any longer, it just has a shroud that covers the entire card. I've seen pics here with the 8800gtx in an a05 so you should be good. PSU should have plenty of room as well. For its small size, the a05 is actually quite spacious...

This is a pic I posted earlier that shows my PSU (6.5") and my 8800GTX installed. I superimposed the length of your 7 inch PSU in Red, and the EVGA Card in Yellow. There is about 1" between my PSU and the motherboard so your's should still clear by about 1/2" since we have the same Mobo. I am sure you could route Cableing around the Video card without much problem. I don't have the drive cage installed but that shouldn't affect an aspect of your install. Hope this helps.

NewPC12a.jpg

Is it possible to change the airflow on the case to flow from the front to the back? I don't want hot air blowing at me while I am playing CS.

Is it possible to change the airflow on the case to flow from the front to the back? I don't want hot air blowing at me while I am playing CS.

Hmm.. In that case, maybe you should consider different case IMO. The biggest selling point of this case is reverse airflow... :)

How is that a selling point? Are the temps lower just because the air moves in a different direction? Go easy on me...I am new to building a computer.

How is that a selling point? Are the temps lower just because the air moves in a different direction? Go easy on me...I am new to building a computer.

It's cooler due to the design and the way that the air is pushed through the case. You also have an improved space saving factor with this design.

To be honest, it's not really noticeable. Because the front exhaust is vented out the sides and not through a filter or something, the airflow is diffused over a greater surface area so you can't tell unless you're right next to it. Granted I replaced the stock fans with lower rpm yate loons, but I have to put my hand about an inch away from the vents on the side of the front panel to be able to feel the airflow so I wouldn't worry too much about hot air disrupting your gaming chi.

Really thinking about using this case for my next rig.

Do the Power and HDD LEDs bleed into each other? It's pretty bad on the PC-65b, and I decided to do some wrapping with black electrical tape. It isn't really a big deal, but I like them being clean and distinct.

Really thinking about using this case for my next rig.

Do the Power and HDD LEDs bleed into each other? It's pretty bad on the PC-65b, and I decided to do some wrapping with black electrical tape. It isn't really a big deal, but I like them being clean and distinct.
I don't think it's too bad honestly. I guess that would be something that's a little more subjective, but I don't notice it. I spent most of Saturday in bed sick and I distinctly recall rolling over and looking at the LEDs and the separation between the red and blue as quite clear to me. I can take some pictures for you when I get home tonight if you'd like.

Well technically it isn't the LEDs themselves, but the fiber optic (?) pieces that extend from the front panel. On my 65b, the red HDD used to bleed so much that I could see some of the red light through the fan openings below it.

Thanks for responding.

I have a problem is was gona buy this case but when i found out that the air flow is backwards this has created a big problem
My pc is right behind a radiator will the reverse airflow be a big problem about temps?? :confused:

I got the case after seeing this thread. I got it to replace my aging Super Lanboy. I wanted a case which wasn't bigger than the lanboy, all 120mm fans and aluminum. This is the perfect replacement. Setting up the PC inside was a breeze, very well built case (my first lian li). My only complaints about the air flow is that the video card basically separates the case in two compartments. The hot air stays on top and this shows. I will resort to adding a 120mm fan to the side panel even tough I'm really not a fan of side panel fans...

But CPU temps, HDD temps are both very good (same temps as super lanboy). The hot air being pushed out at the front of the case causes no problems for me. Even with the stock fans at full speed the flow is weak (as was mentioned, the air comes out over a big area, thus its speed is slow).

As for the leds, they do bleed a bit.. but it looks very easy to tape them off. It's a wide open area.

edit: I just took two pictures of the front of my case. One with ambient light, the other with almost no light. With Light No Light

I got the case after seeing this thread. I got it to replace my aging Super Lanboy. I wanted a case which wasn't bigger than the lanboy, all 120mm fans and aluminum. This is the perfect replacement. Setting up the PC inside was a breeze, very well built case (my first lian li). My only complaints about the air flow is that the video card basically separates the case in two compartments. The hot air stays on top and this shows. I will resort to adding a 120mm fan to the side panel even tough I'm really not a fan of side panel fans...

But CPU temps, HDD temps are both very good (same temps as super lanboy). The hot air being pushed out at the front of the case causes no problems for me. Even with the stock fans at full speed the flow is weak (as was mentioned, the air comes out over a big area, thus its speed is slow).

As for the leds, they do bleed a bit.. but it looks very easy to tape them off. It's a wide open area.

Try this: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3147

Doesn't the intake air get warm if you have a vid card pushing hot air out the back? Sorry, I'm not sure if it's already been mention, but it seems to me that the air from the back would be warm due to the vid card. I realize it's above the fan, but would you say the temperature difference would be noticeable?

Wow this is going to be my case for my Conroe build.

I have right now:
EVGA 680i motherboard
E6300
2 gigs of Corsair XMS ram.
Antec NeoHE 550 PSU
DVD Burner

Need:
500gig SATA Hard drive
High end 8600 when it comes out.
Scythe Ninja heatsink.

Looks like if you take the effort and time cable management is not a problem so that is good. Looks like Ill route it behind the drive bays and motherboard tray.

What 120mm fans do you recommend getting for this case for max airflow? Also, is there anyone that sells a pre-made windowed side panel? If not ill probably mod it myself eventually.

two words:

dremel

blowhole.

i can't stand side panel fans either...

Is there a way to watercool this case internally without blocking a pci port like somebody else did on the form

Is there a way to watercool this case internally without blocking a pci port like somebody else did on the form

possibly if you only use 120 Rads... not going to be the best cooling but you could put a 120 rad on the rear intake fan.

you could even remove the HD cage and try and stick another up there too...

Sure, if you dont have any fans on the rad and use air pressure from a somewhat sealed case and properly oriented fans to move the air through it. Off hand measurements looking at pictures/specs say you have ~1.5 inches above the MB, so pick rads thinner than that.

The photos for the Lian Li PC-A05B on the New Egg site do not show motherboard mounting clips in the installation kit bag. Are they packaged separately, or are the spacers built into the motherboard mounting plate?

Also, If I am going to install a Corsair 520W power supply with 120 mm fan, is there enough space between the power supply and the bottom of the case for the supply to be installed in its normal orientation, or would it need to be mounted with the fan facing up (toward the hard drive cage)?

Thank you for your comments.

Are the clips that attach the front plate to the case plastic? Are they fairly substantial, or are they flimsy and might break after the the front plate has been pulled off a number of times?

The photos for the Lian Li PC-A05B on the New Egg site do not show motherboard mounting clips in the installation kit bag. Are they packaged separately, or are the spacers built into the motherboard mounting plate?

Also, If I am going to install a Corsair 520W power supply with 120 mm fan, is there enough space between the power supply and the bottom of the case for the supply to be installed in its normal orientation, or would it need to be mounted with the fan facing up (toward the hard drive cage)?

Thank you for your comments.

first, the case comes with a seperate box that includes screws, motherboard stand-offs, HD bushings etc etc.

second, it's up to you in terms of PSU orientation. The PSU plate is reversible so you can have your fan suck up or down.
I personally had it suck from the bottom since the hard drive cage butts right up against where the PSU is. (but the cage does have vent holes on the bottom for the PSU to suck from)

But then, i took an extra step and dremeled a hole in the floor underneath the PSU to allow more air in. (pics in sig).

without the hole, there's about 0.8 inches of room there. I personally don't think that's a ton of room BUT the rear intake fan is blowing right towards that area.

So who knows, it might be ok.

i'd consider what i did and dremel a hole on the floor of the case

Are the clips that attach the front plate to the case plastic? Are they fairly substantial, or are they flimsy and might break after the the front plate has been pulled off a number of times?

plastic - yes.

substantial - yea sorta.

pulling on / off numerous times shouldn't be an issue.

second, it's up to you in terms of PSU orientation. The PSU plate is reversible so you can have your fan suck up or down.
I personally had it suck from the bottom since the hard drive cage butts right up against where the PSU is. (but the cage does have vent holes on the bottom for the PSU to suck from)

I found out it's not quite "up to you", at least with some power supplies.

Now let me start by saying the Lian Li PC-A05B is a wonderful case, and I really really like mine.

But please, pay close attention to what type of power supply you want to use in it. One with the following orientation of power connector will not work (at least not unless you flip the AC power socket yourself) if you want the fan you see in the top of this picture to pull air in from the bottom of the PC-A05B:

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/...k_Power_One_570W/SkyHawk_Power_One_570W_6.jpg

What happens is that even if you re-orient it with the mounting plate/power supply so the fan is pulling in air from the bottom of the case, when you plug in the right-angle power cord Lian Li supplies it will angle down to the bottom of the front of the case, which will completely interfere with the ability to actually fit the case front on (the case front has an internal bracing structure near the bottom).

Power supplies with the AC power socket in the middle position (where you see the voltage switch in that picture) or in the bottom position (where you see the power switch in that picture) would probably work fine. Or, as I've said, power supplies with the AC power socket flipped the other way so the right-angled power cord Lian Li provides angles up instead of down will work.

And obviously power supplies with a straight-through airflow will work just fine because you can orient them whichever way works best for the power cord.

Would a Corsair HX520 be a good PSU for it?

Yeah that power supply should be perfect because the AC socket is flipped 180 degrees compared to the power supply I pictured, so with the HX520 oriented so the fan pulls air in from underneath the right-angle plug from Lian Li will be facing up and the case's front panel internal structure won't get in the way and should mount flush without a problem.

Rurki, did you really use the dremel bit #561? Usually hear people using the discs to cut. Did it work alright? Well from the looks of it it did lol, but still gotta ask.

Saw a pic of someone with a ultra-120 in it so I would assume almost all the heatsinks out today would fit fine.

Saw a pic of someone with a ultra-120 in it so I would assume almost all the heatsinks out today would fit fine.
i doubt this case will have trouble fitting most heatsinks. specs say its 8.26" wide which is comparable to most cases out there on the market.

Back