Monarchcomputer using customers money as a float, anyone have recent experince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you are right – being local is an advantage and I strongly recommend anyone support his or her local vendors. But I don’t enjoy the inference that scammers take care of their (“thier”) own – the locals (scammers). And I understand the want to get back what is theirs. There also is the responsibility of prudent purchasing on the part of the buyer as well. Gaining information on forums such as this, looking at consumer ratings sites and using a credit card for the purchase are all good ideas.

I also almost got caught up in this closing, a friend from out of state asked me to help with an order for parts he’d ordered from Monarch. So I dropped by Monarch and they did a make-good that moment in early December, and a couple of days later I had a client that wanted to put a network in his offices, and wanted “the works” new. The salesman suggested he’d do the configurations and e-mail them to the client for approval, an extra step for a “local” customer. And thankfully an order wasn’t placed because of a death in the family.

Look, I don’t know how this is going to sort out. I do know with all the government regulations – reporting and taxes, and the volatile computer market it’s tuff to make a profit. All I’m commenting on is this company and staff has been excellent for years. Nef-said.

How very kind of them to treat you with respect. Your story is unusual, however. The only thing that needs to be said is this: They've been taking money for product not in stock, with no intention of shipping the product, for many months now.

End of story. Other anecdotes only serve to purposefully obfuscate the point.

There was no inference that locals were scammers - they took care of locals because an in-store customer can raise a lot more hell than a long-distance customer.

Please - none - and I mean none - of the impetus is on the consumer. When a business is able to accept payment, that business enters a contract for goods and services. Don't try to play this up as if any of the fault is with the customers.

The only way to read the evidence is that this company intentionally screwed over hundreds of customers to the tune of thousands of dollars. They screwed over distributors for hundreds of thousands of dollars. They screwed over the government for tens of thousands of dollars. The ownership is either completely incompetent - which is probably not the case, as they ran a successful business for a number of years - or they engaged in willful screwing of the customers. I'll go with the latter.

Actually you are right – being local is an advantage and I strongly recommend anyone support his or her local vendors. But I don’t enjoy the inference that scammers take care of their (“thier”) own – the locals (scammers). And I understand the want to get back what is theirs. There also is the responsibility of prudent purchasing on the part of the buyer as well. Gaining information on forums such as this, looking at consumer ratings sites and using a credit card for the purchase are all good ideas.

I also almost got caught up in this closing, a friend from out of state asked me to help with an order for parts he’d ordered from Monarch. So I dropped by Monarch and they did a make-good that moment in early December, and a couple of days later I had a client that wanted to put a network in his offices, and wanted “the works” new. The salesman suggested he’d do the configurations and e-mail them to the client for approval, an extra step for a “local” customer. And thankfully an order wasn’t placed because of a death in the family.

Look, I don’t know how this is going to sort out. I do know with all the government regulations – reporting and taxes, and the volatile computer market it’s tuff to make a profit. All I’m commenting on is this company and staff has been excellent for years. Nef-said.

Granted it’s a tad hard to understand this sentence:

“Of course scammers take care of thier own ( locals ) becasue yes, they have real danger of being accountable”

--- The first read – their own as scammers – all of them +locals.

Your perception of intent is fine by me and I’m not supporting MC, nor damning them as well. Yes they have run a successful business for 16 years, building and selling wholesale goods and about 9 years ago went retail + wholesale. I have been self employed most of my adult life and have watched business spin out of control lots of times and witnessed many hair brained schemes (legal & illegal) to patch up profit leaks. What I’m seeing in these posts are pure vitriol and it maybe or may not be worthy. This using the customer’s money to “float” or steal from Peter to pay Paul, is economic lag, and used everyday in business. If you deposit a friend’s cheque into your bank – what does the bank say? Why they said the cheque would be “good” in 10 days. Electronic transfer through the Federal Reserve is right at instantaneous. So who has that money? Here’s just one of many possible examples.

Even Dell has been accused of using economic lag to meet payrolls, and large bills; every company has short falls and makes them up hoping against hope that next week will bring profits. If MC was doing the same thing meeting payroll, they were helping 100’s of people in the extended families of the employees, not a horrid thought. Regarding this many months and months, I was in the shop mid & late summer multiple times and saw-heard nothing going on that would be anything other than a good business rush, however I was there early December and it was hinky.

Business isn’t a one sided coin here. And please understand no customer likes the frustration or perhaps a loss. Customers don’t want to wait for refunds and employees/vendors/government wants to be paid. Sometimes the business has to choose.

If you look at my other posts you’ll see I have recommended remedies and a touch of reality. Small Claims Court, use local vendors, to ALWAYS use a credit (not debit) card etc. I also followed BABALU’s very well thought out links and the cases aren’t that bad (yet?). Sorry I don’t see the reasons for the bluster and saber rattling. It looks to me like a company doing anything to survive, keeping its inventory and employees in good stead and they failed.

Perhaps BABALU can explain the realities better than I can. I went through a bankruptcy with a client ending in October and all I was trying to do here was help.

Your perception of intent is fine by me and I’m not supporting MC, nor damning them as well. Yes they have run a successful business for 16 years, building and selling wholesale goods and about 9 years ago went retail + wholesale. I have been self employed most of my adult life and have watched business spin out of control lots of times and witnessed many hair brained schemes (legal & illegal) to patch up profit leaks. What I’m seeing in these posts are pure vitriol and it maybe or may not be worthy. This using the customer’s money to “float” or steal from Peter to pay Paul, is economic lag, and used everyday in business. If you deposit a friend’s cheque into your bank – what does the bank say? Why they said the cheque would be “good” in 10 days. Electronic transfer through the Federal Reserve is right at instantaneous. So who has that money? Here’s just one of many possible examples.

Yeah, you're injecting some rational thought into the discussion. But it's far too late to make excuses for this company - there are no excuses for taking customer's money and not providing a product. This was the policy across the board. Please, don't lecture the folks who shelled out hundreds or even thousands and had to resort to chargebacks to get refunds. The vitrol and anger is justified. This company went from stellar to scam operation in less than a year. The situation has nothing to do with the normal and acceptable risks associated with running a business.

This wasn't a case of a few isolated incidents. Simply put, many, many customers were charged up front for products that were never shipped. The intent to ship may have been there, but they're warehouses were empty because they were in debt to suppliers. Then, these customers couldn't get a refund, and were stonewalled or ignored by MCS. There's no excuse for that. I take it you run a business; is it your policy to charge cutomers' credit cards for product that you don't have in stock, and then not give refunds?

This isn't a company trying to survive. Please, give me a phone number where I can contact MCS. Please, show me where Monarch is still processing CC orders - banks won't touch that company right now.

Ownership and management may have had good intentions from the start, but there's a point as a business owner where you need to realize it's time to stop taking orders and reorganize or close up shop. They took customers' money long after that point.

It's pretty clear that you have some sort of personal relationship with the owners/management of Monarch. Would you mind fully disclosing the extent of your relationship?

Business isn’t a one sided coin here. And please understand no customer likes the frustration or perhaps a loss. Customers don’t want to wait for refunds and employees/vendors/government wants to be paid. Sometimes the business has to choose.

You don't need an MBA to know that the correct option is to close up shop at this point. When you're stealing from your customers to take care of overhead you've entered a losing game. This form of catch-up always results in disaster. I repeat - always. If your business lives on the fringe like this for an extended period of time and doesn't receive a relief of debt or an infusion of capital, it will fail.

Then again, maybe you run your business like this. How could you be an apologist for MCS otherwise?

“Sorry I don’t see the reasons for the bluster and saber rattling. It looks to me like a company doing anything to survive, keeping its inventory and employees in good stead and they failed.

I can't believe you could look back on all this company has done in the last year alone and make such a statement.Customers have been ripped off for thousands,and you don't see the reason for the bluster?Yes,Monarch did do anything to survive,lie,cheat,steal,you name it.Are you condoning this?It certainly sounds like it.

http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/imaging/13352908.pdf

http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/imaging/13386671.pdf

I really don’t think I’m making excuses, and don’t see to late here. There “is” personal responsibility for a buyer in a transaction and I’m certainly NOT condoning actions presented here by MC.

That said – I ran the Gwinnett County court dockets and there are only the few cases already mentioned (above, my posts and BABALU) from 3-4 vendors, there are no cases in Magistrate court or Small Claims – none. Furthermore – the first case started October/November 06 so all this is very new in legal terms – and not tooooo late (see last post). Oh and Robert Hughes and John Trotti are the attorneys of record in the Gwinnett County cases. I ran MC at corporations and their agent is in Gwinnett County but it appears the business is in DeKalb County. The Agent has resigned from the corporation as of Sept/06.

I spoke to a buddy at the DA’s office in DeKalb and there are no cases pending in their courts. None of the courts! There are no bankruptcy filings as of today in federal court. Next I called an acquaintance at the Tax Commissioners office for DeKalb County, and he was very familiar with the circumstances. They levied the property before Christmas, took control of the property, placed the paperwork you see in the pictures (I guess) and ejected all personnel from the premises. And locked it up.

In less than 24 hours – DeKalb County was paid all monies owed, and they returned all property that instant. And they have no other obligations on their books.
All this is public information, and if you-all didn’t notice for all this whining about how awful this company is where are all the court cases? It cost about 50 bucks to file a small claims case in this state – if I got ripped off for $4,000 on a new rig and didn’t get it, I sure would file a suit in a New York minute.

I did the legwork – don’t bother with the thousands of “poor people” and vendors losing 100,000’s of thousands of dollars, all of them can’t be sitting on their flat-asses doing nothing, life doesn’t work that way.

And for the skeptics out there I’ve never gotten a W-2 from MC, believe me or not. And for the posts after this one, don’t do the platitudes, get off your butt and do something and write me your accomplishments, my life is too short. Tell me you nail their butt – anything but this whining.

No, fastfwd, you're right - this is an upstanding business with full intent on taking care of their customers. :rolleyes:

Resellerratings.com proves that point, right? All those CC chargebacks, the lack of a contact phone number, and complete lack of communication prove that Monarch are in excellent financial shape.

Save the bullshit. Again - why are you apologizing and excusing Monarch? What is your relationship with the company and with the founders, owners and management? You're singing such a different tune than hundreds of others on countless forums that I must ask this question.

If a business can be this inept and unaccountable, and completely lack civility and professionalism when dealing with customers, then it's rotten from the top down.

Very quick thinking – but sorry no 1099 either.

Atlanta is the transportation hub for the entire southeast, and we are surrounded by 5 states. A 3 hour drive will get you to all 5 – granted Florida in 3 hours will get you there - but nowhere! Add the hinterland of Georgia and your looking at 20,000,000 people; thousands and thousands are customers of MC. And no one has filed a single Small Claims Case in 2 counties.

Resellerratings.com can’t and won’t get back your money, anyone with experience knows Small Claims can – but there isn’t 1 (one) case.

You can put words in my mouth, but I have neither defended nor damned MC. I’m not much for innuendo; facts are more to my liking. I’m fully aware of the situation with the website, phones and closed doors – I took the time to find out myself. I took my time to run the federal & county records and the taxes. Looking at this with a cool head I could make a case that a competitor did a web rant against MC, with fake posts, hurting MS’s business, causing downsizing hence poor customer service for real and the final closing of the business.

The point here is no one knows for sure!

Being skeptical of me isn’t going to get you anywhere – I don’t care a tinkers damn, but trains, planes and automobiles arrive here every second – get in one and DO something.

Oh, Valve 1183 – like your mind, good going. You’d be a good scrivener.

Looking at this with a cool head I could make a case that a competitor did a web rant against MC, with fake posts, hurting MS’s business, causing downsizing hence poor customer service for real and the final closing of the business.

The point here is no one knows for sure!

That has to be one of the more ridiculous statements yet.What everyone knows for sure is that Monarch did themselves in with their deceptive and dishonest business practices.End of story.All the revisionist history in the world won't change that.

And you know that for sure how?

Theories are not revisionist, and history gets it wrong all the time. Rather an explanation without the facts.

So what’s your theory about no Small Claims Cases?

Or for that matter only 4 cases sitting in Gwinnett County court dockets but tons of vendors – why, only 4 cases?

don't listen to the bs fastweb is speaking. Most of these cases won't go to federal court, because of the case in controversy requirement. simpley enough most people are not going to sue for enough money to get into federal court, see the federal statue. as for why know small claim court, in this case we have cost, more than likely it would cost too much to file the case in dekalb county if you live in another state. more than likely you would need several people to consolidate to bring the case to fed court.

We all know now this guy is just another Monarch mouthpiece.The question that comes to my mind is - why now?The company is just about as extinct as the dinosaurs,so why the "damage control"? It's been one deception after another with them,so they could be up to just about anything.

We all know now this guy is just another Monarch mouthpiece.The question that comes to my mind is - why now?The company is just about as extinct as the dinosaurs,so why the "damage control"? It's been one deception after another with them,so they could be up to just about anything.

Pride. It's hard to swallow.

“What everyone knows for sure is that Monarch did themselves in with their deceptive and dishonest business practices. End of story.”

What everybody knows is anonymous (nameless, unidentified, unknown, fake) posts are not fact.

Regarding federal court your first look would bankruptcy court, and FYI all you have to do is write the court, provide valid proof of a debt, and the court would allow/disallow your claim into the case – big word here – and join you in the case for FREE! But of course there is NO CASE.

$50 bucks would get you into Small Claims Court, however of the thousands of injured persons out there not one has done this – NOT ONE CASE!

Come on guys tell us the truth, well maybe it’s just one guy with multiple anonymous names (?), who do you work for Newegg, Vigor, AVA direct, maybe Cyber Power or Maingear???

You-all are real good with the suspicions and name calling, not so good with answers. I’m not a mouthpiece for MC, however this full of shit thing well let’s not go there.

No cases in Federal Court, no bankruptcy, no cases in DeKalb County – where the business is located, no tax liens and 4 cases in Gwinnett County from vendors only. Lookupable (sorry I couldn’t help myself) public information – these are facts! So you’re suspicious of me??? Look them up yourself.

I've asked this open-ended question twice: Please disclose your full relationship to Monarch Computer Systems to this board. These folks, and the folks on other forums, are customers who have been burned by Monarch. They deserve to know the extent of your relationship with MCS when you are the one voice out of thousands who defends the company.

Again: Do you have a personal or professional relationship with MCS, MCS founders/management, or MCS employees; or, are you financially invested in MCS?

“What everyone knows for sure is that Monarch did themselves in with their deceptive and dishonest business practices. End of story.”

What everybody knows is anonymous (nameless, unidentified, unknown, fake) posts are not fact.

In that case, we'll be needing your full legal name and current place of residence to verify who you are. Because, honestly, why would you want to remain anonymous if you're defending the company? This blade cuts both ways, and your anonymous support is even more worthless than the thousands of anonymous complaints on resellerratings.com and other sites.

Regarding federal court your first look would bankruptcy court, and FYI all you have to do is write the court, provide valid proof of a debt, and the court would allow/disallow your claim into the case – big word here – and join you in the case for FREE! But of course there is NO CASE.

Please. We all know what a giant pain it is to litigate another party in small claims court at any physical distance. Most folks will eat the hundreds or thousands owed to them rather than engage in costly and timely legal action, particularly when the amount owed would certainly be less than costs incurred while pursuing a judgment.

There are some parties, however, who will not eat the tens or hundreds of thousands owed to them: The government, and suppliers/distributors/shipping agents. Aren't there active cases in this regard right now in Dekalb?

County tax agents don't send the police in to lock up shop and seize assets as a first warning for tax non-payment. MCS hasn't been liquid for at least a year.

But, above all, answer the questions I asked in my previous post.

This whole topic is like a witch hunt.

I do not work for Monarch, and have never had a relationship with Monarch, as a matter of fact I never ordered anything from Monarch.

This is ridiculous, we have people yelling at other people that they work for Monarch blah blah blah.

I have an idea, instead of yelling at the people who you believe work at Monarch, just go ahead and bring Monarch to small claims court. It will probably take just as much time as your witchhunt here on this forum.

Burn Monarch not the people on this forum.

I don't think it's a witch hunt, but we don't need a Monarch shill trying to spin the situation at this late a date. It's sad, I guess.

Regarding small claims court, see my post. It's just not financially worth it in most cases.

Excellent service going on there at Monarch, though, and things are on the up-and-up:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Monarch_Computer_Systems

Because a company that has assets seized by the state and is being sued by four distributors is A-OK in fastfwd's book.

Excellent service going on there at Monarch, though, and things are on the up-and-up:

How can you figure, there is now three new complaints from 1/21/07, 1/26/07 and 1/27/07.
These three complaints are just about the same as the rest of the people whom have purchased from them and haven't recieved their items.

As much dealings I had with them was to sign up for their newsletter or promotions through email. I did my research before I even filled out an account with them, now I'm certainly glad I didn't spend any money buying anything from them.

How many different ways would you like me to explain I’m a customer! Please read my many posts on the subject. It seems to be easier for you to rave to me and try to make me into a shill – rather than get off your butts and go to the websites to see there is no action against Monarch in court. Sure filing in small claims court is as easy as walking into the clerks office and plunking down a few bucks – getting a court date and time, coming back with no attorneys presenting your case for maybe 5 minutes – but it appears to me you’d rather sit on your butt than take any action. You have a beef with Monarch – than take some action. If you want to sit in front of a computer and complain online rather than be proactive – hey, your choice. Don’t make me a bad guy because you are too lazy to do a little work to try and get back your money.

“Even if our new anonymous friend is a Monarch principal?”

And you would be the anonymous friend working for AVA direct?

Scorpionjwp: Do me a favor, write the 3 new complains @ resellerratings and tell them they won’t get dime one (1) unless the go to their credit card companies or small claims court. They’d probable appreciate the info. Oh but they might have to do something rather than complain.

From a former post of mine!

“And for the posts after this one, don’t do the platitudes, get off your butt and do something and write me your accomplishments, my life is too short. Tell me you nail their butt – anything but this whining.”

Coold8 – you figured it out. Notice no questions get answered?

How many different ways would you like me to explain I’m a customer! Please read my many posts on the subject. It seems to be easier for you to rave to me and try to make me into a shill – rather than get off your butts and go to the websites to see there is no action against Monarch in court. Sure filing in small claims court is as easy as walking into the clerks office and plunking down a few bucks – getting a court date and time, coming back with no attorneys presenting your case for maybe 5 minutes – but it appears to me you’d rather sit on your butt than take any action. You have a beef with Monarch – than take some action. If you want to sit in front of a computer and complain online rather than be proactive – hey, your choice. Don’t make me a bad guy because you are too lazy to do a little work to try and get back your money.

“Even if our new anonymous friend is a Monarch principal?”

And you would be the anonymous friend working for AVA direct?

Scorpionjwp: Do me a favor, write the 3 new complains @ resellerratings and tell them they won’t get dime one (1) unless the go to their credit card companies or small claims court. They’d probable appreciate the info. Oh but they might have to do something rather than complain.

From a former post of mine!

“And for the posts after this one, don’t do the platitudes, get off your butt and do something and write me your accomplishments, my life is too short. Tell me you nail their butt – anything but this whining.”

Coold8 – you figured it out. Notice no questions get answered?

AS I commented before the days of perison v. post are not common anymore, no rational person is going to fly domestic to make a claim in small claims court, way too expensive, no single indiviual is going to incur the cost of federal litigation for a couple of hundred bucks. Now this is not to say it doesnt not happen, but in those instances somthing very personal was at stake, in the case i saw, it was a daugher sueing for what she believed was the bismirchment of her father. You make these claims that are just silly, litigation is expensive. to fly from new york to atlanta, a hotal room, taxi service/car rental, i have probally exceeded the amount in judgement right there. federal court would be worse, first i would have to satisfy the case in controversy requirement, i would have to make multiple trips, because i am not getting a trial date for at least a month, then we have mandated discovery, as i said unless you have person grudge you aren't taking these cases to court because it will cost too much. more than likely you are better off asking your Credit card company to represent your interest.

How many different ways would you like me to explain I’m a customer!

I understand that you're a customer. Is that the extent of your relationship with Monarch?

Don't toss up a strawman - I understand what needs to be done to get recourse. But why are you so eager to explain how business is sometimes difficult, as if that excuses their actions? I just don't understand. Their actions go far beyond what any reasonable individual would consider excusing as occasional mistakes. Do you not agree with that?

I suppose you may be a loyal customer, and chummed it up with the MCS guys here and there. But, really - they screwed (and are continuing to screw and stonewall) customer to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars.

I think this thread was started by someone who shouldn't have started it, and I think that the original poster was not being impartial. But the complaints here are all valid, so don't be surprised when you receive some push back after trying to excuse Monarch's behavior.

The only proof needed of Monarch's actions are in the ratings.They went from the top of the hill to the gutter in less than a year.These aren't false claims or rumours,they're testaments from the only people who matter,and who Monarch and it's defenders conveniently ignore - the customers themselves.In fact,as has been mentioned before,the only proof of deception in this area was the attempt by Monarch's defenders to manipulate the ratings with 37 false positive reviews,which were immediately detected and removed the the affected ratings site.
My main concern here is that if Monarch ownership manages to escape all this and leave customers to take the loss,it sends a message to other shady operators to follow their example.And creates with customers an atmosphere of mistrust and unwillingness to deal with online computer vendors.I think what everyone is waiting for is a clear message that misconduct such as this won't be tolerated.

ikarinokami
Oh don’t bother with a “hot” tick-off redneck in Birmingham AL. or a ripped-off guy in Chattanooga TN, or Charlotte NC, driving a few hours putting up $50 bucks and driving home – - MC only screwed up people from NY?

Federal Court – give me a big bloody break.

You’re from NYC!!! No wonder…

Aaronjb
For the 20th time customer! This thread that “shouldn’t have been started” isn’t as bad as the other one in this forum that’s worst than this one. Good god some joker over there wants a class action lawsuit – talk about naiveté, I came out of the dark to explain what silliness this was and got blasted. Sea Lawyers can’t reason with them!

I’m certainly not defending MC, but at the same time it “appears” these posters have never been self-employed with the responsibility of employees, stock, bills and overhead not to mention reporting and taxes for all the government agencies (this has become brutal), life my friend is hard, it’s harder when your running a business.

Being self employed means you don’t whine – you do! If your running a business you don’t close up shop at the first hint of lost profit, if your good you dig in your heals and work harder, if you make 1,000 decisions a day, they all have to be toward correct – not perfect – toward correct. But the last thing your going to do is fire your employees – they have mouths to feed and need money to keep a roof over their head. A closed door is defeat.

You tell me what do you do?

Look I don’t place much credence in anonymous posts, don’t have much of a problem with the idea that orders were taken and not received – happens all the time – not a good thing but happens, and BTW MC has lousy customer service, always has… But when you compare them to the market place there’s is stellar. Would I like ordering and not receiving my goods hell no and the first thing I’d DO IS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! No whining.

Finally no one knows if MC is going to reinvent themselves, deliver all goods and services, go broke, get bought out – simply -- no one knows!

The facts I’ve seen look like they have gone underground, but they are still quite alive, have 4 vendors that haven’t been paid, and if you look around the web some people are receiving some goods, which means to me all 3 options (above) are still on the table.

Anyone have any facts here?

Now I have to find a builder tomorrow to build a handful of systems for a client, and I DON’T buy NO systems from builders in Ohio, California and certainly not from NYC!!! Carpet Bagging Yankees.

michael.pa2
You would be the guy that never answers a question – right?
You got the yaba-yaba down --- any facts?
Opinions are not facts.

If your running a business you don’t close up shop at the first hint of lost profit, if your good you dig in your heals and work harder, if you make 1,000 decisions a day, they all have to be toward correct – not perfect – toward correct.

I really do think that about sums it up.

Call me devils advocate or whatever, but if I were to throw my 2 cents in it's because of people calling Monarch a "scam" as if they had been scamming people all along or had no intent to ever "do good" if things ever turned around for them.

Fact is, MCS was working with a limited budget, but a lot of growth potential. That's actually dangerous because of the word "potential." Potential is not guaranteed. And that's what got them in trouble.

You have to order parts to sell parts and/or build machines and eventually those parts have to be paid for. If you don't have credit, you have to make choices. You have cash, but is the cash really "yours?" Do you float the distributor/manufacturer or float the customer? It's a gamble. IMHO, a poor business decision. If you don't have the credit, you don't move in that direction until you do. You might as well find a loan shark to give you the money than float your customers... although the loan shark might make sure you're dead if you don't pay up. Either way, the end result is potentially disasterous.

Sort of reminds me of a situation I was in once. I used to own a bike shop. I had a niche market, made sure I stocked a lot of high margin items and bought wisely. I always provided the best service, which kept people coming back. I never spent more than I had. Believe it or not, unlike most start ups, I actually made a living. As time went on, I'd invest more and more money into the company by using, guess what, credit. Eventually, I found myself with less money in my pocket because I would sometimes have to float the bank. Which is kind of "safe" because they only whack you for interest. Opportunities came and went that could mean "potential" growth, but I would have to invest more than my net worth. I got nervous and baled while I could still pay every one off and moved into the computer industry (with a short stint as an auto mechanic in between.)

Like I said, there's choices. For MCS, choices were made that were obviously not wise business choices. But I know for a fact that they didn't do what they did in an effort to "screw everyone and make out like bandits." They took a gamble that didn't work out for them, didn't have the funds to continue on, but tried to drudge on and just dug themselves a deeper hole.

I think 99% of the people that worked at MCS are now somewhere else. I think the owner is ultimately responsible and who knows what he may eventually decide to do. IMHO he should just file bankruptcy and move on. It's beyond me why he hasn't already.

fastfwd, have you ever been to small claims court?.. I have, twice.. (Not with Monarch)... What happens is this.. Nothing..
You go, you file, you appear, they don't, it gets rescheduled, you appear, again they don't, you win a summary judgment..
Which the defendant never, ever pays.. In short you waste your time effort and money going thru the motions, and get nothing from it.. Alot of people are not going to bother with small claims.. Especially if it seems that the company is , for all intents and purposes, broke..

Mr. Guru:

Spot on!!! Know of any builder’s w/wholesale warehouses in Atlanta? Bumped into a geek that refurbs old systems and he recommended EDI off Beaver Ruin but I can’t find them.

TIA

GORANKAR

Short answer is yes I have and if you take a moment and look at my first post you’ll quick see I warned “the gang” about the very same problems, BTW perfecting a FiFa (the result of a summery judgment) is an art, and luckily I had a good teacher.

Now no whining – the facts, just the facts.

Sort of reminds me of a situation I was in once. I used to own a bike shop. I had a niche market, made sure I stocked a lot of high margin items and bought wisely. I always provided the best service, which kept people coming back. I never spent more than I had. Believe it or not, unlike most start ups, I actually made a living. As time went on, I'd invest more and more money into the company by using, guess what, credit. Eventually, I found myself with less money in my pocket because I would sometimes have to float the bank. Which is kind of "safe" because they only whack you for interest. Opportunities came and went that could mean "potential" growth, but I would have to invest more than my net worth. I got nervous and baled while I could still pay every one off and moved into the computer industry (with a short stint as an auto mechanic in between.)

Like I said, there's choices. For MCS, choices were made that were obviously not wise business choices. But I know for a fact that they didn't do what they did in an effort to "screw everyone and make out like bandits." They took a gamble that didn't work out for them, didn't have the funds to continue on, but tried to drudge on and just dug themselves a deeper hole.

I think 99% of the people that worked at MCS are now somewhere else. I think the owner is ultimately responsible and who knows what he may eventually decide to do. IMHO he should just file bankruptcy and move on. It's beyond me why he hasn't already.

Sounds like you took the moral and ethical high road, unlike Monarch.

What really ticked me off was fastfwd's discussion of the "realities of business". How asinine.

I’m certainly not defending MC, but at the same time it “appears” these posters have never been self-employed with the responsibility of employees, stock, bills and overhead not to mention reporting and taxes for all the government agencies (this has become brutal), life my friend is hard, it’s harder when your running a business.

That doesn't matter. The posters need have no knowledge of any of these responsibilities. A paying customer should never have to excuse the missteps of the company. Never. And certainly not to the scale that Monarch did. Please excuse me if I don't play a sad song for a company that repeatedly stonewalled customers on support and refund issues.

People are pissed because they'll likely never see a refund - ever. Folks who bought extended warranties are out in the cold as well.

Quote tag moved. :)

I'm pretty fired up over this Monarch stuff. I think very highly of good customer service, and I've always gone out of my way to let a company know when they're providing good service. But I'll also sound off when it's horrible. I've taken this instance a bit too personally, probably, because of some exchanges I had with Monarch management on another forum, and on the resellerratings.com forum. Some of the most unprofessional exchanges - both public and private, with MCS management ('GA400' at resellerratings) - that I've ever had on the big ol' intarwebs.

I used to be a retail manager, and I took my job seriously. Ever since, I've had an acute awareness of customer service issues.

I'll back off from this one for a bit though. :)

Folks who bought extended warranties are out in the cold as well.

AFAIK, the warranties were actually done through a third party company like Warrantech or WaCA. I think the only people that are "out in the cold" are those that didn't keep their warranty paperwork. The warranty paperwork should have a phone number for the warranty company, and they should be able to direct the customer to an alternate avenue for service.

I used to do "extended warranty" service for the outfit that extended the warranties of Pionex computer systems right after they went out of business.

[
michael.pa2
You would be the guy that never answers a question – right?
You got the yaba-yaba down --- any facts?
Opinions are not facts.

The consumer ratings aren't opinions,they're cold hard facts supplied by those affected most - the customers.You know,the people you and Monarch have ignored in all of this.
Your personal attacks and snide remarks on those who disagree with you seem designed to divert attention away from them,a tactic I've seen before and personally don't think has a place here.

fastfwd, have you ever been to small claims court?.. I have, twice.. (Not with Monarch)... What happens is this.. Nothing..
You go, you file, you appear, they don't, it gets rescheduled, you appear, again they don't, you win a summary judgment..
Which the defendant never, ever pays.. In short you waste your time effort and money going thru the motions, and get nothing from it.. Alot of people are not going to bother with small claims.. Especially if it seems that the company is , for all intents and purposes, broke..

exactly, it's no use to sue a bankrupt company, they are basically judgement proof. all there assets are going to go to creditors for corporate and personaly liabities before you get paid.

michael.pa2
1 An anonymous complaint is surly not a fact.
ikarinokami
2. Perhaps you missed the fact that the DeKalb County Tax Commissioner was paid.

You boys are like a dog with a bone.

michael.pa2
1 An anonymous complaint is surly not a fact.
ikarinokami
2. Perhaps you missed the fact that the DeKalb County Tax Commissioner was paid.

You boys are like a dog with a bone.

You are definitely connected to Monarch. Just trollin' for a bankrupt company. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back