Monarchcomputer using customers money as a float, anyone have recent experince

Status
Not open for further replies.
michael.pa2
1 An anonymous complaint is surly not a fact.
ikarinokami
2. Perhaps you missed the fact that the DeKalb County Tax Commissioner was paid.

You boys are like a dog with a bone.

Well thats my point, in this case the consumer, with the small claims, is going to be at the bottom of the barrel, the gov't, creditors, suppliers are gonna get the first crack at getting paid. customers in this situtation are barely better than stockholders.

Well thats my point, in this case the consumer, with the small claims, is going to be at the bottom of the barrel, the gov't, creditors, suppliers are gonna get the first crack at getting paid. customers in this situtation are barely better than stockholders.

All too true,unfortunately.The tax commission was paid after they seized Monarch's property,sadly the average customer doesn't have that kind of muscle.

Sadly you’re both wrong, a summery judgment from small claims court will provide you with a FiFa, at that point you can levee property. Any property owned by the defendant, cars, to filing cabinets. Usually the bank of the defendant is served and if any monies are in an account it is paid into court, which will disperse it to you. Muscle enough for you?

Ikarinokami

You are confusing bankruptcy court with small claims court.

Ikarinokami - michael.pa2

I know you don’t have a clue what facts are, and won’t answer a single question, but let’s try this question – how much have each of you spent at MC in the past year, and how much have you lost because of MC in the past year?

I know you don’t have a clue what facts are, and won’t answer a single question, but let’s try this question – how much have each of you spent at MC in the past year, and how much have you lost because of MC in the past year?

This dog is back in the fight! I've had my morning coffee and I'm sniffing out BS like a bloodhound.

Again, I'll ask you this: What is the extent of your relationship with Monarch, Monarch owners/founders, Monarch management or Monarch employees? Do you have a financial stake in Monarch? Is your well-being in any way connected to the success or failure of MCS? Past and present, please.

The customers who have been fleeced by MCS are honest and clearly have a relationship with the company, which they disclose. Please do the same.

You keep saying that you're a customer. We get that. Is that the extent of your relationship?

You're either a troll or are connected to Monarch. Please don't deny that.

Yes, I deny that.

Now can you answer a simple question?

How much have you ordered from MC in the past year and how much have you lost to them?

Yes, I deny that.

Now can you answer a simple question?

How much have you ordered from MC in the past year and how much have you lost to them?

I placed a test order in early December for ~$35. Item never received, no communication other than the generated e-mail received. Could not contact anyone, either by phone or e-mail. But if you want real stories, head to resellerratings.com and read about thousands of dollars in components and computers never received. And surely that's less than 100% of the total problems, because not all folks go to resellerratings.com after a bad experience.

But that's inconsequential in the context of our discussion. Whether or not you're associated with MCS is of consequence, however.

Like I said. You're either a troll looking for a good forum flamefest or you have an association with Monarch.

Here's what I've ordered: ~$35. Here's what was regained on a chargeback by my CC company: ~$35.

Was that what you asked?

I can understand wanting to inject some reason into this debate, but the grievances against MCS are very real and numerous. On top of that, the company went from excellent to crap in a matter of months. I understand the reasons for why businesses fail. But why did such a successful business take such a steep downturn, and why did they bring so many of their customers down with them?

Please understand that it's just hard to believe you're not somehow associated with Monarch, or that you don't personally know the owners or management. Aside from the owners who were denying problems, yours in the only positive voice out of a sea of complaints.

Also, debating what I've personally lost from the company is really of no consequence in this discussion. There are hundreds of very real stories of lost money on this and other forums, and on the mostly reliable resellerratings.com.

Take most noobie computer people:

They buy some items or item from Monarch Computers, they don't get it delivered for like a week, some complain to the company asking where their item is. Or they dispute it with the credit card company, or they shrug it off when their product shows up a few days later.

Ok, the customers buy repeatly from them, get great service, product shows up on time. Then Monarch starts using their money as a float, then customers see the problems with arrival time or when they get billed for items not arrived yet or ever. Or items arrived are DOA and they will take it back, then hold it forever never seeing the item that replaced the dead on arrival one. Or People send their computer in for repairs and Monarch never delivering it back to you.

Customers complain, they will just about complain about anything at any time of the day. Some of these customers have proof that they have never recieved their item worth between $200-$2,999 or more.

So some customers file a complaint with the BBB, some also believe if they file it with the BBB they will get quick response with Monarch or see a refund or get their product.

Customers complain to their credit card companies to get a charge back or try to get a refund. Sometimes the credit card companies side with the company and sometimes side with the customer. It depends on the situation of what Mastercard or etc will do.

And there is a small smidge that will try small claims court to get their money back, some have a few other people that had the same happen to them by Monarch or go alone in it.

Then that small amount of people whom got ripped off by Monarch who are taking Monarch to Small claims court give up because the money spend in claims court equal the amount they lost to Monarch or more.

Then there are the techs that work at Monarch, 1 or 2 of them wanted to work in a field with computers and got a job at Monarch. Hey they got in their dream field, making good money, good benefits and they may or maynot know that the company they work for are ripping customers off. So one of them says something, they either get told to shut up or loose their job.

So the day comes when alot of people get canned or let go at Monarch. Monarch calls it restructuring, or french for the Money float has collapsed, we are running out of money, sorry we can't keep you. They are trying to save their butts, fire or let go most of the staff, go to online sales only, get rid of the store front, so what does that do, cut down on expenses and some of that money not spent by letting go most of your staff pays off some of the taxes.

Like at the top says, this mostly happens to the majority of the people who know litttle as possible about computers. Or enough to know what a motherboard it, but doesn't know what makes it function. Some other part of the whole percentage which is the tech field, knows alittle more common knowledge to make sense of it all.

Also, debating what I've personally lost from the company is really of no consequence in this discussion. There are hundreds of very real stories of lost money on this and other forums, and on the mostly reliable resellerratings.com.

According to fastfwd,all those hundreds of customers are liars.Who can take this guy seriously when he takes such a stand?Personally,I never lost a penny from Monarch,but only because I checked them out at RR and other sites and forums months ago when I was looking for a system and could see the downward plunge they were taking.I didn't give a damn about their past history,it was the growing mountain of customer complaints that mattered.And the only proof you need of the validity of those complaints is Monarch's present situation.And anyone who totally discounts those customers is a fool,a troll,or a flunky of the Harris clan.

So I’m:

A troll
Liar
Employee
A fool
Maker of snide remarks
Pathetic
Trollin' for a bankrupt company
Full of shit
And a flunky of the Harris clan

Just want to make a guy all warm and fuzzy don’t you.

I looked at the BBB records and there were complaints but for a company going under they make total sense. I am surprised that there are no small claims against the company for all the 1,000 of people you-all illustrate. I am not aware of any positive statement I’ve made about the company other than I have liked them for years, which I put out front in my first post. No I’m looking for proof and facts and there are no facts to be had only emotion, and vitriol.

Business failure is a fact of life and when it happens customers, vendors, employees and even those hated owners suffer.

Now let’s see you never made an order to MC until you discovered a small business was in trouble, after this discovery you placed an order and waited for things to screw-up. My friend you need help, not to mention a life! A fool and his money are soon parted and you are a classic example. One would think you placed your order so you’d have a bandwagon to jump on and be able to beat a drum – not because you wanted a part. Shame on you for only adding to a bad situation.

fastfwd - you would have stepped out of this debate many posts ago if you weren't somehow connected with Monarch. I get the feeling that you once worked there, or you are somehow connected to the owners. You're too defensive of the company and dismissive of the customers to be an uninvolved third party who just happened upon this thread for a good flaming.

I asked you this:

"You deny what? That you have any relationship, professional or personal, with MCS, MCS employees, or MCS founders/management/ownership?"

And you responded with this:

NO!

What is that supposed to mean?

Are you on a first-name basis with Monarch ownership or management?

Now let’s see you never made an order to MC until you discovered a small business was in trouble, after this discovery you placed an order and waited for things to screw-up. My friend you need help, not to mention a life! A fool and his money are soon parted and you are a classic example. One would think you placed your order so you’d have a bandwagon to jump on and be able to beat a drum – not because you wanted a part. Shame on you for only adding to a bad situation.

I placed my order to put the claims of others to the test. I was surprised that they were still taking orders then - even more surprised that they apparently still do. For months, they've been nothing but a shell company who simply accepts payment with no evidence of shipping or processing orders. For months this has been going on. You can't tell me that this company had any intention of shipping the thousands upon thousands of dollars of parts which were ordered well after MCS should have stopped accepting orders. What really gets me riled up, though, is the way in which customers were treated. A complete lack of respect was shown when customers were lied to or simply ignored. Being candid goes a long way.

But - you're right - they're in excellent shape, as evidenced by their vast array of parts inventory. Selling off the office computers isn't a good sign.

Yeah, I'm just out stirring up trouble, giving an excellent organization a bad reputation.

Shame on me? Please. You're taking this pretty personally for someone who isn't involved with the company. I still submit that you're on a first-name basis with Monarch ownership.

Here's the ultimate point I'm trying to make: At no point in time is it acceptable to fleece customers. When your business is failing, you don't take the customers down with you. Period. To do so displays a complete lack of basic common sense; the epitome of hubris.

http://www.atlanta.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bureau=atlanta&compid=4000343&language=&code=M1

Out of 89 complaints regarding Refund/Exchange issues, Monarch failed to respond to the BBB in 70 cases.

Out of 64 delivery issues, the company failed to respond to the BBB in 50 cases.

Aaronjb

Boy son you really need to calm down – AND GET A LIFE!

“I get the feeling that you once worked there, or you are somehow connected to the owners.”

Sorry none of the above, other than a customer, I know a bunch of them and like them – that’s it.

The good news for the day is I found a builder – local and it looks like a good fit, in my running around and calling I called a company and sure enough one of the old employees of MC was there, and as far as they know all 3 options are still on the table…

Let’s review – restructure – go broke – buy out.

Unfortunately that’s hearsay and not a fact, but around here what’s the difference. Anonymous complaints, testimonials from complete strangers, sure it’s real stuff, to the last one - all the truth.

Aaronjb – don’t know if you noticed for all your name-calling – somehow I missed calling you anything.

Unfortunately that’s hearsay and not a fact, but around here what’s the difference. Anonymous complaints, testimonials from complete strangers, sure it’s real stuff, to the last one - all the truth.

The better business bureau is an unreliable source? :rolleyes:

“I get the feeling that you once worked there, or you are somehow connected to the owners.”

Sorry none of the above, other than a customer, I know a bunch of them and like them – that’s it.

There. Thank you. It took you many posts to offer that. Can you agree that what this business did is unethical?

What level were the employees that you knew? I'm going to guess you were friendly with the owners. Why such loyalty to an inanimate entity - a business?

Also, please show me where I resorted to name-calling. But if you feel persecuted, then maybe the shoe fits. But, hey, thanks for taking the high road here. Monarch's customers really appreciate it.

And if you're wondering why I'm continuing to poke you with a stick, it's because it seems to be bothering you a heck of a lot more than it's bothering me.

There’s that words in the mouth thing…

When a business is in trouble where do customers go first or second – they go to the BBB. Not my point.

So there are complaints at the BBB, and the company isn’t responding – well what a shock.

Wouldn’t you rather know the business is restructuring and will pay-off or deliver all orders? Be bought out and the new company will do the same? Or wouldn’t like to know that the company is going broke so you can pick-up your toys and go home?

And as aside no the BBB has little value in Internet commerce.

About as much as tits on a boar hog, you can tell I’m not a fan.

Aaronjb
Name-calling read the post at the top of the page, think you can manage that?

“poke you with a stick,”
Sorry couldn’t care less – you don’t even know the difference between fact and the wonderland of cosmic fake information on the net. Give me facts.

I said you're "full of shit". That's a judgment of your statements, based on all available information. The other insults can be attributed to other posters.

As much fun as I'm having here, I'm going to have to ease up. You're saying that all the complaints on the Internet are fake, and that Monarch was doing its level best to meet its obligations, particularly to customers. I've not heard one person who agrees with that assertion or interpretation, aside from you and the Monarch owner who I've previously dealt with at resellerratings.com.

I'm not too familiar with [H] policy, but I can't see this thread living on much longer. Maybe it's entertaining some folks, though.

Seriously, though - your last post pretty much gives away the fact that you have very close ties to Monarch. You're either financially invested as an owner / part owner, or you're a family member of an owner. I wish I could get a confirmation on your IP, as I'm sure it's pretty darn local to MCS offices and probably matches the IP of other posters on other forums.

But again, you win the debate - because every complaint registered here, on other forums, with the BBB and with resellerratings.com is fake. Sure.

I'll tell you what, though - those distributors will get their money in court. Why this company isn't in Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 is beyond me. If you're all about spreading the good word, though - please go to ocforums.com, and post some positive stuff about Monarch on the "Vendor" section.

Also, I'd like to order some stuff from Monarch. Can you ask them why I can't use a CC there any longer? Also, what happened to their store? Why are they getting any restocks?

EDIT: Just read your last post again. You are Monarch ownership, no doubt about it. That post and a previous one outlining the scenario for a business failing pretty much nails it.

Congratulations, all. You have officially made me tired of your bickering. It's time to end the personal debate. The next comment made towards another forum user gets a ban. The next bit of misinformation gets you a ban, too. This argument ends here.

If you have feeback/comments specifically about Monarch or your personal experiences, I will be watching very closely, but I'll allow them.

Anyone else want to test the resolve of the Administration? This is about Monarch, not about your petty inuendo of impropriety. Keep the personalities out of this conversation or we will be several members short. Banning mode is on.

While it truly does not add much to this thread than what has already been said, it's a true shame to see a once highly-regarded system builder go down the drain. With every builder that fails financially, there's less and less backing for our niche, the hardware enthusiast niche, out there.

I personally would like to see a pheonix rise from the ashes of Monarch and fill their empty slot once more.

I honestly don't think I could trust a new version of Monarch if the present ownership is involved.But I think Avadirect may well take over the spot Monarch once occupied of an affordable provider of custom systems if they continue to show the quality and attention to customer service they have now.

I got my BFG 6800GT from them back in May of 05'. No muss, no fuss, no tax. I'm very sad they're going through this painful process. I just checked the website and all of their products have dissappeared.

Very sad for me.

I have been learking (sp?) on this thread for awhile, I feel compelled to issue a warning to you as I would hate to see so many go down this road again.

I would highly suggest staying away from Sysmax / Global Computer, they have hired many of the former Monarch people including one of the former owners. You are big boys and girls and you can obviously do as you wish. I am simply offering information so you can at least make an informed decision.

I have been learking (sp?) on this thread for awhile, I feel compelled to issue a warning to you as I would hate to see so many go down this road again.

I would highly suggest staying away from Sysmax / Global Computer, they have hired many of the former Monarch people including one of the former owners. You are big boys and girls and you can obviously do as you wish. I am simply offering information so you can at least make an informed decision.

Working for a company and running a company are two different things.

Obviously, Monarch was a capable figure in the industry for a long time prior to this disaster. They just weren't capable of making wise business decisions when their backs were up against the wall. I will not defend the fact that they made some very unethical choices, no doubt.

But do you think that a company as huge, and publily traded, as Systemax is going to let these Georgia boys run the show? Or even have any access to customer's money? That would be a naive thought.

People have to work. When you have years and years of experience building PC's and running a computer shop, where are you going to go? Are you suggesting these guys give up computers and get a job flipping burgers? If they got a job with Dell/Alienware or Falcon Northwest, would you suggest people stay away from those compaines as well?

Working for a company and running a company are two different things........

But do you think that a company as huge, and publily traded, as Systemax is going to let these Georgia boys run the show? Or even have any access to customer's money? That would be a naive thought.

Unfortunatly; YES. they are running the show. They have their own "branch". Perhaps my warning should have been more clear: I suggest staying away from the GA branch of Global computer.

Its not the whole Georgia branch but a subsection inside that branch that appears to be made up of former Monarch employees and selling primarily to the customer base.

Unfortunatly; YES. they are running the show. They have their own "branch". Perhaps my warning should have been more clear: I suggest staying away from the GA branch of Global computer.

Umm... AFAIK, there was ALWAYS a Georgia branch of Global Computer. How would these guys go about commandeering the whole branch with no prior experience on how the company operates, etc. Again.. a publicly traded company.

Its not the whole Georgia branch but a subsection inside that branch that appears to be made up of former Monarch employees and selling primarily to the customer base.

THAT makes more sense. Obviously, if you're a former vendor, you have a customer base... that customer base alone is worth a year's salary. ;) I know guys that left the companies I used to work for would take their customer lists with them and end up selling them for cash money!!!!

They are allowing the former owner of Monarch to be a branch Manager type and he has all his people below him.

I was just trying to give info, Don't say I didn't warn you....

So when the Monarch owner and employees start making calls to old customers on behalf of Systemax / Global, are they disclosing that a Monarch principal is now at management level in Systemax / Global? I bet old MCS customers would love to have a word with the Monarch owner.

Smells bad to me.

I'm sure they will disclose it where they think it would benefit. A good portion of Monarch's customers were Govt/Corporate/Educational who may never look at a forum and may have no grudge with Monarch (NEt terms customers don't lose money).

Looks like the Monarch site finally went down.

Smells bad to me.

Right. But then again, we're taking the word of someone that's been "learking" until they found an opportunity to smear both Monarch and Global in one swoop.

But don't say he didn't warn you. ;)

I'm sure they will disclose it where they think it would benefit. A good portion of Monarch's customers were Govt/Corporate/Educational who may never look at a forum and may have no grudge with Monarch (NEt terms customers don't lose money).

That what I would think. They couldn't have burned all of their bridges because big accounts are so hard to land. You don't take a 20K PO and then never deliver. They WILL find you.

Right. But then again, we're taking the word of someone that's been "learking" until they found an opportunity to smear both Monarch and Global in one swoop.

I hear what you're saying. Gotta watch those "learkers". ;)

I have been following this situation since mid November. As a former Monarch Employee, I will actually admit that my opinion might be slanted somewhat. Most of the rumors on this page are complete fabrication. Some of the allegations might hold water. In my opinion, what's done is done!!!!! I agree the owners of Monarch may have made some bad business decisions that have put customers in serious circumstances. I can report that this was not the intentions of management or owners. They took a gamble...made poor business decisions...and it now appears that they have lost their company. The customers are not the only people to have lost a great deal!
As to telling the world where some of the guys from Monarch now work, that is total crap. I think this thread should be laid to rest at this point.
What are you going to do now? Find out where the guy that worked in Tech Support worked to try and get support for your system?
Gentlemen, let's be just that and leave these guys alone. You have a problem with the company not the guys that used to work for it.

I have been following this situation since mid November. As a former Monarch Employee, I will actually admit that my opinion might be slanted somewhat. Most of the rumors on this page are complete fabrication. Some of the allegations might hold water. In my opinion, what's done is done!!!!! I agree the owners of Monarch may have made some bad business decisions that have put customers in serious circumstances. I can report that this was not the intentions of management or owners. They took a gamble...made poor business decisions...and it now appears that they have lost their company. The customers are not the only people to have lost a great deal!
As to telling the world where some of the guys from Monarch now work, that is total crap. I think this thread should be laid to rest at this point.
What are you going to do now? Find out where the guy that worked in Tech Support worked to try and get support for your system?
Gentlemen, let's be just that and leave these guys alone. You have a problem with the company not the guys that used to work for it.

"Mr. Monarch"? you have come back? The way this is worded sounds to me a lot like the posts of the Monarch rep that used to be here.. i.e. "Fabrications"

Be easy, WHYhate, the only one talking trash about the employees is shybuthonest and he a self proclaimed "learker", and sounds like he used to work with you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back