My pictures of the Cooler Master 690 (the new $50 uber-case!)

My 690 comes in on tuesday...I'm planning on stripping the case apart first thing and putting down a nice coat of semi gloss black on the interior :)

got my case last week the 10th and here it is..

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

after i got done i got about 3 cuts and have no idea where i got em:D i added 3 more fans and not it's a little loud than before. also case didn't came with the fan mounts and e-mail CS and it's been 4 days and haven't heard anything from them. anyone got any response from them about the mounts? another negative i can say about this case is it's easy to scratch the paint. but all in all i'm happy with it.. can't complain too much for a 40 dollar case. :D

Where did you get it for $40? I looked at several places and it's more like 50-60 after shipping and all that, even after the MIR.

Very nice case. I'm going to seriously consider this one for my next build. I like my P180 but it is just too big. I'll probably use it and the parts as a media server.

I just got mine today also. Yeah I didn't get the plastic push pins either.

Is there a list of PSUs that fit the case as far as cabling goes? This is my first case with a bottom mounted PSU.

I would also like to know if there is a list of PSUs that have long enough cables for this case. I am looking at the Corsair 550 Watt PSU>

What do you guys think about those tool-less pci and pci-e clips; mine don't hold some boards very well; I prefer to have the video card held tight?

What do you guys think about those tool-less pci and pci-e clips; mine don't hold some boards very well; I prefer to have the video card held tight?

You can take it out if you don't want it. Take the rear fan out and pull the pin upward. I forgot to take it out so I just popped a screw in my VC. It wasn't latching [H] enough for me. It was kinda wobbly.

I would also like to know if there is a list of PSUs that have long enough cables for this case. I am looking at the Corsair 550 Watt PSU>

Depending on where it is, the only cable I'd worry about is the 12v.
I'd be more worried about the length of the PSU itself unless you don't mind cutting the hole in the mobo tray bigger.

The biggest PITA was getting my PSU in there with my cables already through the hole.
I gouged the foam dampener quite a bit.

My CM690
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1031500973#post1031500973

I have a 600w Ultra Xfinity in mine and the cables had plenty of length to do cable management. Looks great on the inside. Too bad I dont have a decent camera to take a pic. I have my water cooling parts coming in this week, so ill try and get some pics after I get everything installed.

I have the corsair hx520, I'll do a quick test fit today to see if everything is long enough once fedex drops mine off. After that it's going straight to the garage for a stripdown and paint :D If it doesn't fit...well jeez, im not keeping this case! :eek:

I have the corsair hx520, I'll do a quick test fit today to see if everything is long enough once fedex drops mine off. After that it's going straight to the garage for a stripdown and paint :D If it doesn't fit...well jeez, im not keeping this case! :eek:

The HX520s cables are fine. The 4 pin 12V for the CPU is close if you route it behind the mobo tray but more than long enough. I'll get some pics of mine up sometime today maybe.

This thread has put this case into my current build wish list. It looks great, plenty of room and one hell of a price! I'm looking at the Corsair 620HX, so more pictures would be welcome here!

The HX520s cables are fine. The 4 pin 12V for the CPU is close if you route it behind the mobo tray but more than long enough. I'll get some pics of mine up sometime today maybe.

I plan to route everything behind the motherboard tray...not one cable will be left exposed.

I plan to route everything behind the motherboard tray...not one cable will be left exposed.

Thats what I did to too. The cables are more than long enough. Soon as I get batteries for the my Digi cam I'll throw up some pics.

Got my case today and I hate....

...my power supply. it's an ocz modstream 520w.

the 12v cable is completely too short and all of the cables are so thick and tough to manipulate it's like routing tiny lengths of BX cable while trying not to flex my motherboard which sits on 6 stand-offs. :eek:

it's a good thing i had a spare 4 to 8 pin adapter for my 12v connection. i was able to do a ghetto mod with the female end of it and a spare ultra x-connect 12v cable, just to be able to turn on my machine tonight without sitting the psu on top of the case. grrrr :D

next buy: psu

My 690 comes in on tuesday...I'm planning on stripping the case apart first thing and putting down a nice coat of semi gloss black on the interior :)
That, sir, is a pretty good idea!

I used a screw in my video card/USB card - I don't trust tool-less card-slots.

My SmartPower2.0-500W is fine.

-bZj

i agree, no problems locking in my GTS with the tooless system. makes a nice audible click when the mechanism engages.

Anyone that has this case considered cutting out their own custom side window? Anybody have a link to a detailed log of making your own custom window?

i agree, no problems locking in my GTS with the tooless system. makes a nice audible click when the mechanism engages.

really I thought my 8800 was going to fall out. I couldn't get either that or my X-Fi to lock down right.

CM690= best bang for the buck case I could find. I was considering getting a Lian-Li but I couldnt justify the price. The cm690 has absolutely amazing cable routing and has space for all the fans you could ever want.

It took me most of today to wire up my CM690, and here she is in all her glory. By the way, I'm putting off the paint for now-I'll paint the inside later this year. It looks pretty great as it is and I really don't want to pull everything out after wiring it up like this :cool:

cm690001qn2.jpg

cm690011vw4.jpg

cm690006rh8.jpg

cm690004fu5.jpg

cm690009tv6.jpg

cm690008oe9.jpg

m3ta1head, your pics just singlehandedly convinced me to order the case. I also have an hx520 and you've made your case look so neat and orderly.

really I thought my 8800 was going to fall out. I couldn't get either that or my X-Fi to lock down right.

i could see this being a 'hit or miss' kinda thing. i guess i'll find out the hard way if things go awry :p

they seem to work for me, for now.

m3ta1head, with those round cables cable-tied to the back of the mobo "tray" are you able to get your case closed? with my bulbous modstream cables there's no way i can tie anything to the back like you have, the side panel will not fit.

m3ta1head, with those round cables cable-tied to the back of the mobo "tray" are you able to get your case closed? with my bulbous modstream cables there's no way i can tie anything to the back like you have, the side panel will not fit.

It took some effort, but yeah, I got the side panel on securely. It bulges ever so slightly from the middle because the panel is a little flimsy, but other than that, it's perfectly fine.

I'll take some full case shots today when I get home.

It took some effort, but yeah, I got the side panel on securely. It bulges ever so slightly from the middle because the panel is a little flimsy, but other than that, it's perfectly fine.

I'll take some full case shots today when I get home.

hrmmm.... must... resist...corsair...psu....rebates.....aren't.....sales.....rebates.....aren't.....sales..... :D

hrmmm.... must... resist...corsair...psu....rebates.....aren't.....sales.....rebates.....aren't.....sales..... :D

laffo, I paid full price for this hx520...I don't even slightly regret it. :D

uncola-cool man, I think the corsair hx520/620 and this case were a match made in heaven :)

laffo, I paid full price for this hx520...I don't even slightly regret it. :D

uncola-cool man, I think the corsair hx520/620 and this case were a match made in heaven :)

once i have the hx620 in my hands i wont regret it either.

I picked my 690 up from compusa today, $90 and I had to go online to print out the $20 rebate form. I'll take plenty of pics when I install. hehe I don't think mine will look quite as neat as m3ta1head's. m3ta1head what is that card you have installed under your video card? is it a tv card? also what is up with your soundcard.. I don't see it plugged into a slot. is it some kind of front audio port thing? I don't see any cables plugged into it

After seeing m3ta1head clean setup i decided to redo mine not as clean as his but better than before.

before shot:

IMG_0254.jpg

and after:

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

m3ta1head what is that card you have installed under your video card? is it a tv card? also what is up with your soundcard.. I don't see it plugged into a slot. is it some kind of front audio port thing? I don't see any cables plugged into it

The card under the video card is my pci-e x1 wireless adapter. The soundcard is actually just onboard sound on an external pcb-there is a tiny little slot for it, though it's hard to see. Check the newegg link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...scription=ABIT+AW9D-MAX+ATX+Intel+Motherboard

Back