NVIDIA 8800GTX "Will It Fit?" Case Thread

WTF so there are NO cases to fit this card??? Im upgrading using the step-up program to an 8800gtx soon as they;re available. I'ive got a Thermaltake tsunami dream. :confused: Do I need a new case>>??? The 7950 gx2 is 23cm long and the 8800gtx is 27cm. Im like 1cm too short, the card is 1cm too long.

Well, I think most of the cases in this thread that appear JUST too small will actually fit it since the mock-up 8800 GTX (red part) probably includes the DVI ports, so, if you're just 1cm too short, you will probably fit I guess.

I too have a Tsunami case, does anyone actually have a GTX in this particular case?

I would think it would fit.

You might need to take a dremel tool or something and grind a bit of metal off worst case scenario.

Astrogiblet said:
I would think it would fit.

You might need to take a dremel tool or something and grind a bit of metal off worst case scenario.

Oh yeah....I will make it fit if I need too ;)

Hi all,

I'm lucky enough to have an 8800gtx right here so just to confirm the actual length of the card's PCB is 270mm.

If you want to cram this in a case then i'd say you'd need at least 275mm between the edge of the mounting slots at the back of the case and and whetever gets in the way at the front. More if you dont want to snag HDD cables etc.

My case doesn't accommodate it so i'm looking for another as well...

10mm too short! :rolleyes:

The 8800 is 10.5 inches long. A standard ATX board is 9.6 inches. With power connections, figure about 2 inches beyond the edge of the board.

Only problem I'd have in my TT Armor is finding the money to pay for a couple cards. ;)

OTOH, fitting two 7800's in an Antec Soho was much more a challenge. Had to wrap the IDE cables over the card. These cards are about 9 inches long:

One 7800:
7800insohong9.jpg

Two 7800 cards:
two7800insohosz5.jpg

-- Rev

The TJ-09 is a sweet-looking case, but is it big enough for an 8800GTX? The vidcard cooling fan mounted on the HDD cage looks like it could get in the way.

MentatYP said:
The TJ-09 is a sweet-looking case, but is it big enough for an 8800GTX? The vidcard cooling fan mounted on the HDD cage looks like it could get in the way.

I thought that was a hard drive cooling fan? Dont they have special fans on the door for cooling?

The TJ09 has room for an E-ATX mobo which is longer than the 8800GTX, so it will definitely fit.

I have a Gigabyte Aurora 3D case. The 8800GTX just BARELY fits. You have to put it in at an angle to clear the hard drive cage before dropping it into the PCI-E slot. I'm not sure if you could get two cards installed with SLI without suspending one card up towards the northbridge and then installing the bottom most card first.

The drive cage has a 90 degree bend on it that turns the HD case towards the back of the case to make for a smoother look. A dremel could be used to notch that to allow the card to drop straight in.

I was measuring before the 8800GTX arrived and knew it would be damn close. I have the intentions of upgrading to the TJ-09 case when it becomes more available.

So anybody create a list of what will fit so far? I would if I had the time..Was wondering if anybody else does :p

Thanks for the eATX confirmation as well as the pic of the loaded TJ-09. I know what my next case is gonna be. Wow, that is a roomy case.

MentatYP said:
Thanks for the eATX confirmation as well as the pic of the loaded TJ-09. I know what my next case is gonna be. Wow, that is a roomy case.

MentatYP Just so you know that case above is NOT infamous tj09 !! :eek: :D

see below :eek:

tj095es5.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the 8800GTX will fit in the Lian Li PC-101? I'd really like to get it as my new case.

If not, what cases int he Lian Li range does it fit in?

Thanks.

Read all 6 pages of the thread and nobody mentioned a Thermaltake Tsunami. Anyone know if it will fit? According to my trusty ruler, the answer looks like no for now.

amdfan25 said:
Read all 6 pages of the thread and nobody mentioned a Thermaltake Tsunami. Anyone know if it will fit? According to my trusty ruler, the answer looks like no for now.

I read somewhere (a different message board) that it does not fit without modification. I assume it would fit if one removed the HDD rack.

amdfan25 said:
I had to change from a TT Soprano. The card wanted to go through the HDD rack.

Darkside said:
MentatYP Just so you know that case above is NOT infamous tj09 !! :eek: :D

see below :eek:

Yeah, I know. There was a pic earlier in the thread though, on page 5 I think. But thanks for another pic. It helps put its massive size in perspective :D

If your motherboard fits in your case (and its not micro atx or mini itx) then a GTS will fit. :)

Back