Opteron? More like OpterOWN.

well.. i'm getting like 41-42c load at 1.43v while you're getting 45c at 1.5v. i'd say you're doing an awesome job keeping temps down :cool:

Yeah but my PC sounds like a Jumbo Jet on take off :D
Seriously though, it is down to my lovely Thermaltake 120 heatsink and my monster YS-Tech 120mm pushing 125CFM plus 2x80mm YS-TECH case fans, one intake and one outtake.
I have another 4x80mm case fans but I have not connected those yet because my temps are nice and low.
When I had the P4 in the case, my temps were about 55c normal and 65 under heavy load with the same air cooling but with all 6 case fans running and it would still overheat at times, so I am very happy with the reduction.

hahaha, ouch, that's a lot of flow. i have a 120mm delta on my heatercore that does ~120cfm at 12v, but i normally leave it at ~6-7v with a fan controller... still noise, but mostly air noise, so it's nice to listen to

yea eclipse, i was thinkin about that last night:

should i stop using hte 10x multi now? now that i got it to ffinally work with mem low lke yours? and go to try using the 9x multi and higher htt? would it help alleviate some of hte mem controller issues.... maybe be abl to use less voltage on the core? what you think? you know my situaiton and im sure you've seen the ss from last night mane.
dont make me post this somewhere else young man!

:p

you can try.. see if it does any good. there's really only one way of finding out anyhow ;)

so wats the steppings in order of best oc'ing capability for opterons?
CABNE
CABYE
CABGE

is that it?

sorry, im not sure, please dun flame me :(

So far: CABNE better than CABYE better than CABGE. CAB2E is showing to be around CABNE performance although ymmv (your mileage may vary)...

robberbaron said:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=40685
939 Opteron, XP-90C, etc etc.
I need a new power supply. It almost finishes SuperPI at this speed, but the computer restarts due to the strain on my 420W PSU from the 7800GTX and high speed/power Opteron. I did manage to get 98,242 in AM3 and a healthy 1M score.

Going to try a PCI video card to see if my PSU is really overloaded. An update will arrive tomorrow night.

I get 103k in aquamark with my FX55 at 283HT X12 at 3.385 gighertz

oh my video card is ati x850xt pe at 630/630
2gb ram 3-3-6-3

if you are compareing cpus and vid cards

agreed. we've been hearing rumors about this for probably the better part of a month now

haha yea i know we heard werid ass non consequential rumors.. and you know a lotta folks dont readd the inq and so disregard it over some shit they got wrong last year or so.... but i'll go ahead and believe it.

+ i have an opteron? im just sayin it for the sake of sayin its news...

ps lemme finish my analogy, peeps disregard the inq based on the past like they disregarded OCZ based on their past, but ocz had gotten their shit together beforei started using em in what? 2001 or so? and from that point on they were who they are now: fukin awesome. my point being, cant disregard someone on some past shit before you even look into them right now.

i secretly want them to kill it so i can say my cabne is more special and then my e-penis will be bigger. or i think it will be at least. :confused:

el rolio said:
i secretly want them to kill it so i can say my cabne is more special and then my e-penis will be bigger. or i think it will be at least. :confused:

You must have not read the disclaimer about e-penises.

Remember, no matter how much you "enlarge" your e-penis with tricked out mods or insane overclocking on your computer, your normal penis will remain the same size. Tough luck.

Back