Post Your Dual Core Opteron Results

NKDietrich said:
Alright finally figured my maximum stable core clock:

Opteron 170 - Dual SuperPi 32M Stable
CCBWE 0543TPMW
2700MHz @ 1.45v
Thermalright SI-120 w/ Panaflo 103CFM 120mm

Try some dual Prime95 runs. Mine would run SuperPi plenty stable but at those volts mine would poop out on Prime after about 4 hours or so.

HybridHB said:
The 543's seem to be kicking ass. I hope the one that comes in next week is a 543.

Yep, best week since the 0530s, it looks like.

My 2.7ghz @ 1.45v has passed SuperPi 32M, AquaMark3, and 3DMarks 2001, 2003 and 2005 with 100% stability. Will Prime95 torture it tonighter after I finish tweaking settings.

Well, the 0543s have the same code as the 0530 that were hot (TPMW).

Have you tried a higher voltage or is that as far as you were willing to go? Post your P95 results!

thunderstruck! said:
Well, the 0543s have the same code as the 0530 that were hot (TPMW).

Have you tried a higher voltage or is that as far as you were willing to go? Post your P95 results!

Gonna prime tonight. But damn, I'm hating this G.SKILL "HZ" memory. Had to REALLY relax timings to get the stuff to hit 270mhz so I could run 10x270. And I haven't tortured it with memtest too much yet so it may not be 100% stable.

EDIT: Added my stuff to my sig heh.

im so glad to hear that the 0530s arent the only good clockers. I was gettin scared.

i guess it could. I was wondering the same thing when i was told that Dave got all TPMW's.

when i finish moving back to dallas this week i'm going to lap my swiftech water block, hopefully attain better temps... i kind of messed it up when i removed the IHS on my x2 3800 and modified my swiftech block to clear my CAM, so i'm gonna relap it so its totally flat and very smooth... hopefully i can get better temps and lower my voltage a little...

and i know someone who got a RPMW 175 that can only oc 400mhz... i think he said its an 0544...

Elysian said:
when i finish moving back to dallas this week i'm going to lap my swiftech water block, hopefully attain better temps... i kind of messed it up when i removed the IHS on my x2 3800 and modified my swiftech block to clear my CAM, so i'm gonna relap it so its totally flat and very smooth... hopefully i can get better temps and lower my voltage a little...

Yeah your voltage frightens me! :eek:

thunderstruck! said:
They are all CCBWE so don't know why you're expecting a surprise?

Of course they are all CCBWE, that isn't what matters, it's the numbers after that:
Week and Day

I have an 0536XPMW, can do 2.6 but only at 1.55V.
Got it Nov 8, from PCCanada (actually Insight.ca but same warehouse).

It's nothing special. May try my luck with a 170. I don't need the 11x multi anyways.

Hey guys, you should post where and when you got your processors too.

my 170, that came from Monarch Computers was only $350 for the OEM version. I don't shop at Newegg any longer as they are now more expensive than just about anyone.

Anyways, I'm rock solid at 2.7GHz, low temps at full load, love it.

Roliath said:
Well I have an Opteron 170 CCBWE 0541RPMW. And it's overclocking is nothing to write home to.
Initial testing shows that 2.5GHz is dual-prime stable with only 1.4volts.
2.6Ghz is not dual prime stable with 1.4v, but is stable in all of my games, benches, spi, and others. this chip is certainly voltage hungry.
I have made up my mind and am selling this chip on Ebay. I'll try my luck with a 175 (could use an 11x multi).
I mean 2.5GHz isn't bad, but coming from a 2.7Ghz Sandy I wanted to get where I was or higher, not lower.
shoot that is the same code i have.. i am scared to see how crappy mine is :/ (got a 165)

With open case and ambient temps of 68f (xp-90), my 170 (CCBWE 0530) clockes fine at 2750 1.45v. The vcore has to be raised to 1.5+ to get 2800 stable (most of the time). After 2800 core 0 craps out even with 1.575. Will run basic windows stuff at 2850. At 2850 Core 1 craps out. This is after burning in the weak core too. I've notice a big rise in temps at 1.5vcore. Goes from 32/47c to 38/54c when upping the volts. I can't believe these chips can run on 1.1v or less at stock!
Still happy with this chip.

I ordered my 170 on 11/30 from Monarch and just recieved it last night. Unfortunately my video card didn't arrive so I couldn't get a chance to test it.

I have a 0543 and am setting up water cooling. Whats the max voltage I should safely test my chip up to? I'm glad everyone is getting good results with the 0543, i'm excited as all hell coming from a 3200+ XP. No longer will I lag in WOW!!!

1.5v maximum. I'd would say tolerances of 15% or less is what manufactures make these within. Once you get your system setup correctly, you'll be blown away by the performance.

I sold my Opty 170 on this board, and have a Opty 175 (really wanted an 11x multi) coming in today. I'll post my overclocking results with it today.

EDIT: I am getting my 175 from Newegg. Ordered yesterday afternoon, and will recieve today (shipped overnight). I'll post week/code when it gets here.

My Opty 170 was from Newegg aswell and it was 0541RPMW.

I ordered my Opty on 11/30 from Monarch and glad I did, as I think all they are going to do now is be out of stock or priced crazy from here on in. Just got the emal that it shipped (was in a m/b combo) and personally, I'll keep it even if 2.4 is all I get. 2.4 is still a $750 chip that I'll have for $356... sounds like a good deal to me. Not to mention the future proof factor.

That said, I won't be complaining should I get 2.8Mhz :)

Mine is

CCBWE 0543TPMW

got it from THE MAN Dave Graham

Does 2.5ghz easy on stock voltage. 2.6 is easily obtainable with a bit of tweaking on stock voltage. Does 2.7 @ 1.44v without a hiccup but pwm's get a bit hot for my liking so Im keeping it @ 2.5ghz to "burn it in" until i get a delta triblade blowing on it and the ram.

I just got a CCBWE 0543TPMW from TigerDirect. The rest of my parts should be arriving sometime this week, and i'll probably build it next week.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

well i just got my Opteron 175 in today from newegg.
OSA175DAA6CD
CCBWE 0543TPMW

Hope to get 2.7 out of this one.
Results later today!

Some prelim results.
2.4Ghz at 1.31vcore was stable in spi32m (didn't have time to test with p95).
2.5Ghz at 1.44vcore was stable in spi32m / 3dmark1-3-5 / fear / bf2
2.6Ghz at 1.48vcore was stable in spi32m / 3dmark1-3-5 / fear / bf2
2.7Ghz at 1.52vcore - currently dual priming

This is my 2nd Dual Core Opteron in like one week, if I don't get 2.7Ghz STABLE with this one, i'm selling it and buying a 4800x2 / Opty 180.

This thing gets hot though, With my lapped XP90 i'm getting load temps maxing out at 49c. PWMIC at 55c (fan blowing on it), and chipset at 48c. I will try later on to see if I can drop voltage to 1.48. It sure is hard to get really good clocks with these dual cores!

Off Topic - Should I buy the new Zalman CNPS9500 to replace my XP90? Would I see a noticeable drop in temps?

well to back up my prelim results.
I left Prime (dual prime) running overnight, and core0 failed after 8 hours, and I stopped the test on core1 after 10 hours.
It's stable in all my games, and I think I'm going to keep it here for awhile.

My settings are using a 9/10 divider My ram is at 245Mhz, HTT is at 270Mhz. and a 10x Multi for a clock speed 2700Mhz.

I'll be doing some testing today with an 11x multi.

I'm somewhat happy, since I reached my goal of 2.7Ghz. Not that bad right?

not BAD? of course not. Only to be bested by the infamous 0530's and even some of them arent doing as good.

I still wonder, if would I have gotten a higher overclock with an Opty 180.
I originally was going to buy one of these, but could not find a Retail one in stock.

So why are you guys so afraid to put more volts through your opties? I mean there x2 3800 Toledo’s with more cache. I've had my X2 up to 1.6+ volts.

BioVader said:
So why are you guys so afraid to put more volts through your opties? I mean there x2 3800 Toledo’s with more cache. I've had my X2 up to 1.6+ volts.
Maybe if I was watercooled...

i ordered my Swiftech Apex kit last night before all the Storm kits were gone ;)

Roliath said:
Maybe if I was watercooled...

Well I ran my X2 up to 1.52-1.54v with an XP-90 with load temps around 54.. Never had any problems with it. I only went water to try something new and to see if I could get a little more out of it..

BioVader said:
Well I ran my X2 up to 1.52-1.54v with an XP-90 with load temps around 54.. Never had any problems with it. I only went water to try something new and to see if I could get a little more out of it..

Wow...the jump from 1.4V to 1.5V is like 10C under load with an XP-90. I run my 165 at [email protected] and I load at 38-40C.

kirbyrj said:
Wow...the jump from 1.4V to 1.5V is like 10C under load with an XP-90. I run my 165 at [email protected] and I load at 38-40C.
yup!
At 1.4v my load temps are at 39c~41c. At 1.52 (what I have it at now) my load temps max out at 50c.

AS5? If so maybe you put to much on. That will cause a higher temp... Also here is a link to my X2 page... I would bet money that your opty's have the same stepping as my X2...

CPU Information (CPU #1):
Standard CPUID: Family: F, Model: 3, Stepping: 2
Extended CPUID: Family: F, Model: 23, Stepping: 2
CPUID String: 20F32
Processor APIC: 0
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Toledo)
CPU Speed: 2853.46 (317.05 x 9.0)
Revision: JH9-E6
Platform: Socket 939
Startup VCore: 1.350v
Maximum Case Temperature = 71C
TDP: 89.0 Watts

Back