Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ws2.jpg

Wow, Zepher. That is an interesting setup. Care to elaborate on the Rackmount-like object, you have sitting to the right-hand side of your setup? And, to elaborate on your setup, too?
Thanks!

Wow, Zepher. That is an interesting setup. Care to elaborate on the Rackmount-like object, you have sitting to the right-hand side of your setup? And, to elaborate on your setup, too?
Thanks!

probably at work :p lol

Setup:

PC310499.jpg

Other side of office (shelves of wool is the GF's):

PC310500.jpg

Laptop, sometimes in the office, but usually in the living room:

PC310490.jpg

I need to get some posters/art up, maybe paint one of the walls. Also want a second monitor, new speakers, and a new keyboard (this ergo board has the loudest spacebar EVER).

hey zepher, the 90s wants its electronic equipment back :p

seriously that picture is from the 90s

So here is my workspace.

_1010724.jpg

_1010717.jpg

_1010712.jpg

_1010718.jpg

_1010716.jpg

Yes, Jerker I, Jerker II, Fredrik, and LSR4326P speakers (x5) and LSR4312SP subwoofer. PowerMac G5 2x2.7Ghz, MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz. (3.7, and 2.75 years old respectively). Dell 2405FWP, and some cheap viewsonic 22". M-Audio Prokeys88sx, MOTU UltraLite.

And flypaper... hanging from my ceiling. I should pull that down, the cluster flies are all dead now. I hate those things...

ah man revilre, i wish i could have found hte same color jerker 1 for my setup, instead its a orangy color to go with the same color as urs for jerker 2, and table jerker :(

ah man revilre, i wish i could have found hte same color jerker 1 for my setup, instead its a orangy color to go with the same color as urs for jerker 2, and table jerker :(

You know whats nice, I paid... $65 for the Jerker II - between shipping and the extra shelf and replacement parts that got lost when fedex trashed the box. Fedex refunded the whole cost of the main desk. The desk itself actually has a small crack and some nice dents in the front edge.

The Jerker I i picked up used for $50 locally.

Ironically, the FREDRIK was $100! Some Indian family was leaving the country, advertised on craigslist they had a Jerker, well an IKEA picture of one, I get there and its this FREDRIK - and the small version at that. I try to argue and they got all belligerent "you said you would buy the desk". So to avoid things turning to blows I paid $100 for it because they were seriously getting quite upset, even though I tried to explain that was not was in the picture and not what I thought the desk was. Oh well...

hell i would have left without buying it :D. i paid 75 for my jerker 2, and 45 for my jerker 1, and 110 for the table jerker. yeah it was pricey but all the good deals for 10-20 bucks for a jerker are no where near me :( ;)

Hey Revilre, what do you think of your m-audio keyboard? i might be in the market for a new one soon, trying to get an idea of ones which might be nice which are relatively inexpensive (<$700).

Hey Revilre, what do you think of your m-audio keyboard? i might be in the market for a new one soon, trying to get an idea of ones which might be nice which are relatively inexpensive (<$700).

I would highly discourage you from getting this. I absolutely hate it. It feels cheaper than the Casio at Wal-Mart that was half the price. I am serious.

Here you go! Sorry for bad picture quality. The pictures are taken with my SonyEricsson P1i camera.

dsc00224yq6.jpg

dsc00228is5.jpg

dsc00226ek4.jpg

dsc00230xx0.jpg

Ahhh yes the 2K9 thread... Happy New Year everyone.
Now I guess I need to get mine in order for the new year and get some pics posted.
I need to spend some more money on my rig, I've been spending too much lately reinforcing my watch collection :D

Yeah, I need to get my setup in order. The last pictures that I took for the Workstation 2008 thread are going to look nothing like what I am going to do to it. Its going to take me awhile to get my setup in order, though :(

I think that the stupid "rush" to create the Workstation 2009 thread and be "first" is kinda outta control. what say ye a mod delete all 2009 threads and just post one himself so we get less goofoffs?

I agree especially considering he posted it in 2008 and his pics are utter shit

Here's mine- kinda crappy pics, but I'm a systems guy, not a photographer.

From the right- main workstation, then laptop (hooray new Precision M6400!) :

desktop2009%28r%29.jpg

and now the left side (another pic of the lappy, then the home server running on an old Dell Optiplex):

desktop2009%28l%29.jpg

Happy New Year everyone!

^Nice, I envy you guy.

RSiggs, I demand close ups of your woman pictures hanging from your wall.

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Tax return time will come either 32" Panasonic 720p LCD or 26" Asus LCD montior

L-Glutamine or Whey Protein on the desk?

I thought I was the only guy who kept his supps at his desk (Currently, I have 4 Bottles of Epistane, Lipo 6, 20 Amps of Sustanon and 100 tabs of Nolvadex strewn about my desk) :D

[*snip was jadesaber2*]

Wow... I am totally digging all that media; games, dvd's, cd's, collectibles. I wish i could do that...
Looking good!

-edit-

I spy a zen charging adapter thing. You got the Vision M?
I have one.. love it

image at far left is my xbox360 w/hd-dvd attached via component to the hdtv
the small screen is a 17" samsung attached to the blue tower you see in the second pic.
its specs are a64-x2 3800 w/2gb ram with 3 80gb drives... thats my testing box for diff os's..
the center pic and far right is my main pc and display.. its a stacker 8xx series specs are in sig..
the hdtv is a AOC made by envision, its 26" 1360x768 16x9...l only paid $237 w/tax
and extnd warrenty.. lets just say it was sitting in the back at
work ( over a year ) and no one knew about it.. boss dropped it to 199 from 350.

if u want a close up of the desktop its here
other cool car pics are here - http://www.wallpapergarage.com/
cant remember where i got this one from.. i cant find it on that site no more

and yes the pussy always sits up their.... the black cat i mean hehe

I pics of my rig up this weekend *see sig* Also have 2 32" Samsung LCD's and others

Just took these now, lunch time. My desk isn't usually this messy but it's pretty close.

mainworkstation.jpg

This is on my left. Media center PC and stereo.

mediacenterstereo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back