Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN1139.jpg

Hey what keyboard is that?? And may I ask where did you get it?
Logitech Illuminated, I believe Newegg had a discount on it but I think it's dead now.

The keyboard is absolutely stunning on any sleek setup. Picked one up for my own i7 build.

very nice wacom you got there?

you a graphic designer?

we have a couple down at the radical company i work at. very big. herd it cost over 2k also. eek

[H]adouken;1033541194 said:
Logitech Illuminated, I believe Newegg had a discount on it but I think it's dead now.

The keyboard is absolutely stunning on any sleek setup. Picked one up for my own i7 build.

+1 on the Logitech Illuminated keyboard. I love it. :)

If you can find the right e-coupon, you can buy it directly from Logitech for as little as $63 including free shipping. Their warranty service is first rate, too. My first illuminated keyboard had a problem with the space bar failing about 30% of the time. Logitech shipped a brand new one within a few days of reporting the problem via e-mail. They didn't even want the defective one sent back.

After all of this buzz about the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, I need to go out and get myself one, now:D

After all of this buzz about the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, I need to go out and get myself one, now:D
Definitely worth the looks, but to warn you the keys are not tall like most big desktop keyboards. They are flatter and requires less of a press (much like laptop keys). I personally love flatter keys (but not too flat), it helps me type faster and it's quieter (you need quietness and LEDs in the dark, this keyboard has both).

logitech-illuminated_468.jpg

And yes, that is a glass rim. I will tell you one thing though, people love it when you turn the lights off and the illumination reveals itself :D.

Ooh - Nice! :)

I, too, like the flatter keys, because before I got my desktop PC I was accustomed to using the flatter keys of the Laptop, which were quiet and were built for speed typing.

And, I do alot of computing at night, for my work brings me to later hours into the evening, so an illuminated keyboard would be awesome! I REALLY have to get one, now! :D

You know what is interesting about this? Looking at the Illuminated Keyboard on Logitech's website, brought me to an advertisement they had on there that said that they were celebrating their 1 Billionth mouse made!

Lol - for those of you who saw this, look at the PDF about the mice designs that never made it.

I was going to be buy a G15, but the Illuminated caught my attention since I am in the process of building an entire new setup (including glass desk, massaging office chair, lamp and of course brand new i7 build). The keyboard is only 9.3mm thick and is going to look fantastic when I get my black glass desk set up. Will definitely post in this thread when its ready in 2 weeks. My laptop has a backlight on it, it's extremely useful in the dark, regardless of me being a touch typer like most of us here. I don't need to "scout" a reference key to get my hands placed properly since the backlight helps a lot. Besides, the backlight helps tons for those keys that aren't part of the alphabet (every other one pretty much), which I'm sure a lot of us aren't professionals at touch typing with.

Ugh...I know what you're talking about

I also have the problems with the laptop keyboards with the full-sized number pad. Instead of hitting enter, I always end up hitting 7 or something :confused:

Cintiq 21ux
2 x 17in sharp lcds
running on
ABS Aplus ABS-Black Pearl Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
2 x SAPPHIRE 100236L Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Expres
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz
2 x OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro

and on the right side

Sahara Slate PC i440D
* Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology
* Intel® Core™ 2 Duo LV L7400
* 2.0 GB DDR2 Memory
* 120 GB SATA Hard Drive
* Dual Mode Active Digitizer and Touch Screen
* Sunlight Readable Display (standard)
* Biometric Finger Print Reader
PICT1213.jpg

PICT1204.jpg

My rathole apartment setup...a $5 chair in front of several thousand dollars of computer equipment. :D Started a new job recently and am waiting until I find a new apartment before buying furniture.

Just picked up the Dell 30" 3007WFP-HC refurb for $686 shipped. Mine appears to be brand new. Total sweetness. My crappy camera doesn't do it justice.

workstationjan2009_01.jpg

workstationjan2009_02.jpg

You know what is interesting about this? Looking at the Illuminated Keyboard on Logitech's website, brought me to an advertisement they had on there that said that they were celebrating their 1 Billionth mouse made!

Lol - for those of you who saw this, look at the PDF about the mice designs that never made it.

Heh, just took a look at that. Some pretty weird designs! :p

Here's a link for other people [Direct PDF link]:

Mice that never made it out of Logitech Labs

My rathole apartment setup...a $5 chair in front of several thousand dollars of computer equipment. :D Started a new job recently and am waiting until I find a new apartment before buying furniture.

Just picked up the Dell 30" 3007WFP-HC refurb for $686 shipped. Mine appears to be brand new. Total sweetness. My crappy camera doesn't do it justice.

Hah, we got the same speakers and monitor... :eek:

Hah, we got the same speakers and monitor... :eek:

You mean you don't sit in a lawn chair too?!?!

haha, i'm not hating' the lawn chair. If it helps, my PC chair has a chain holding it so that it doesn't lean all the way back, almost horizontal. XD

Actually my current chair is a stool... with wheels.

I got the Zeplin high-back chair from Office-Depot, was like $200 retail, got it for $80 with a 5-year warranty. (This was back when it was still $200, now I guess it's $80)

Basically if anything breaks you just call in and they mail you the part for free... well the arm has broke twice, one lasted 9 months, the other lasted 2 weeks, both broke in the EXACT same spot. This wouldn't bug me if the entire back wasn't held up by the arms, so once one arm breaks, I gotta take off the back and the other arm...

Still waiting for my 2nd replacement, haha, we'll see how long it lasts... it's still a really comfy chair though, if the arms were a bit more durable it would be perfect for the price...

blazestorm I have that same chair. How exactly did you break the chair? What I noticed on my chair is that the bolts don't actually secure the chair that well. Instead they seem to be breaking the chair. LOL

Haha, I was just sitting in it, leaning back...? And the arm broke right where it bolts on towards the back, then right above the front bolt.

Right arm, both times...

I had to tighten them a lot to get them to feel solid, but I think over-tightening might have been a bad idea ?

some shots of my home office
DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

my cupboard
DSC_0120.jpg

finally an arty one to finish
DSC_0128.jpg

thanks

its been this way for about a month now still need to get some shelving up and a few more of my rugby photos but its getting there :)

Nice setup (especially the binary clock :)). How do you like the customizer keyboard?

very nice spot on both the clock and keyboard.

keyboard is fantastic cost me a small fortune to get shipped over to the uk about 2 years ago but was totally worth it as i needed a replacement for a 20 year old model m that had finally died out on me. typing on it is an absolute joy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back