Project: XeQtion - Votey's X-QPack Mod

Cool beans, let us know how it goes :D! I just was looking over my Q-Pack to see any improvements I could make... I think I figured out a few good things, took some measurements to make sure. I am thinking of cramming a 7950GX2 into mine :). This should be fun :D!

Heya all, got a question... I'm in the midst of modding my Q-Pack to fit an Asus P5W-DH Deluxe, and have made some good progress, but how do you attach the three extra PCI brackets to the original four on the original tray? I can't seem to see any good way of doing so :(. Thanks!

Very, very nice mod.

Good inspiration for when I have the time/space to do some serious modding. Maybe work up something special for when my lady starts grad school. That seems like a good excuse to do a new system.

I've seen a few of these b4, not urs but what people have done . my buddy did that, still isn't easy to do it. good job

(Standard ATX in mATX)

Hey Votey, I know this is an old thread, but I have a question for you.

I'm not following you on how you attached the motherboard tray back into the case itself.
Does it still slide in and out (out the side I assume)?
I see you drilled some holes, but what do they line up with?

If at all possible, can you take a pic or 2 to show the details?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Hey Votey, I know this is an old thread, but I have a question for you.

I'm not following you on how you attached the motherboard tray back into the case itself.
Does it still slide in and out (out the side I assume)?
I see you drilled some holes, but what do they line up with?

If at all possible, can you take a pic or 2 to show the details?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

The holes in the motherboard tray line up to some holes I drilled in the bottom of the case. Then the tray and the case are attached with small nuts and bolts, with 1/8" plastic spacers between.

So the tray is attached to the motherboard in the usual manner?
Then the tray (with motherboard attached) is screwed to the bottom of the case?
Therefore making it no longer is a removeable/sliding tray?

Back